Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. 10:23 - Jun 24 with 778 viewsGRIM

Chris Sutton is adamant that It was not a penalty when Stuart Armstrong went down in the box.
As usual Sutton is wrong, that was a stone wall definite penalty, the defender caught Stuey's back leg & anywhere else on the pitch it would have been a free kick.
The ref bottled it because it was so late in the game.
Shame he couldn't have disallowed Hungarys late winner.
Felt for the Scottish team, they gave it a good go but not quite good enough.
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 10:27 - Jun 24 with 762 viewsgrumpy

The Scottish Manager should have spoken to Saints fans on Adams being a lone striker. as for the penalty,it should have gone to VAR.
[Post edited 24 Jun 10:29]
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 10:42 - Jun 24 with 729 viewsButty101

Armstrong was offside so its all irrelevant.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 12:04 - Jun 24 with 631 viewskingslandstand1

My thoughts were that he played for the pen and went across the defender so that they clashed so no pen, but should almost certainlt have gone to VAR

How we miss SFCReferee
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 14:10 - Jun 24 with 541 viewsWaylander

Keith Hackett in today's Telegraph reckons it was a definite penalty
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 15:17 - Jun 24 with 484 viewsBuenosSaint

Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 12:04 - Jun 24 by kingslandstand1

My thoughts were that he played for the pen and went across the defender so that they clashed so no pen, but should almost certainlt have gone to VAR

How we miss SFCReferee

I was thinking exactly the same

Poll: The Long Future

Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 15:24 - Jun 24 with 480 viewsGRIM

Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 15:17 - Jun 24 by BuenosSaint

I was thinking exactly the same

Would it have been a foul if committed anywhere else on the pitch.
'"YES".
So it should have been a penalty.
But VAR would have overuled it anyway because Stuey was a fingernail offside.
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 17:01 - Jun 24 with 409 viewskingslandstand1

Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 14:10 - Jun 24 by Waylander

Keith Hackett in today's Telegraph reckons it was a definite penalty

I'll bow to Keith Hackett's viewpoint then

If it was a potential Hungary pen my initial view may have been slightly different
Stuart Armstrong denied stone wall penalty. on 18:25 - Jun 24 with 366 viewssledger

perhaps var allowed the game to continue because they had already done an offside check.plus if you look closely armstrong has a hand full of the defenders shirt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024