Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Denmark 13:13 - Jun 20 with 3609 viewsSaintNick

big game tonight, what's everyone's view about the line up etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

England V Denmark on 15:43 - Jun 21 with 965 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Denmark on 15:39 - Jun 21 by GRIM

Everyone seems to be jumping on the Wharton bandwagon.
WHY.
What's has he achieved to justify all this hype.
Is it really that easy to get into this England team.
As the legend Alan Hansen once said
" you win nothing with kids".
Get well soon Alan.

Wharton is the best option to play alongside Rice.

Keeps it simple.

We could have done with Jordan Henderson of 3 or 4 years ago yesterday; he would have given us more control in midfield.

The pitch was also abysmal yesterday BTW. Southgate would have made more sense blaming that yesterday than lamenting the loss of Kalvin Phillips.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

England V Denmark on 16:21 - Jun 21 with 905 viewscocklebreath

England V Denmark on 14:44 - Jun 21 by PatfromPoole

Guten Tag.

Southgate was getting absolute pelters from pretty much everyone stood near me during the second-half.

But then if Foden’s shot in the second-half goes in rather than hits the post, everyone is celebrating again.

I have always defended Southgate; his record is outstanding with England, and beaten only by Ramsey.

However, the tippy tappy stuff at the back seems to be creeping in, and his substitutions are becoming ever more bizarre.

Taking Foden off yesterday was madness.

And the Alexander-Arnold experiment has to end, and Wharton should be brought in.

Cheers it did look like a lot of annoyed England fans on the telly. Arnold needs to be dropped, put Bellingham and Gallagher in middle with Rice and play Foden behind front 2, that’s my idea.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

England V Denmark on 17:14 - Jun 21 with 874 viewsNYC_Saint

England V Denmark on 14:44 - Jun 21 by PatfromPoole

Guten Tag.

Southgate was getting absolute pelters from pretty much everyone stood near me during the second-half.

But then if Foden’s shot in the second-half goes in rather than hits the post, everyone is celebrating again.

I have always defended Southgate; his record is outstanding with England, and beaten only by Ramsey.

However, the tippy tappy stuff at the back seems to be creeping in, and his substitutions are becoming ever more bizarre.

Taking Foden off yesterday was madness.

And the Alexander-Arnold experiment has to end, and Wharton should be brought in.

I completely agree that southgate's record is incredible and, when he took over, returning to the glory days of Sven taking us to a quarter final looked like a wistful dream. A semi and a final have been beyond all expectations.

However, with the talent England have and his bizarre idea of experimenting a (I think overrated) right back in center mid IN THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT, part of me wonders if the success we've had was in spite of Southgate rather than because of him. A bit harsh maybe but he seems to have taken absolute world class players and made them look awful so far...
England V Denmark on 17:18 - Jun 21 with 874 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Denmark on 17:14 - Jun 21 by NYC_Saint

I completely agree that southgate's record is incredible and, when he took over, returning to the glory days of Sven taking us to a quarter final looked like a wistful dream. A semi and a final have been beyond all expectations.

However, with the talent England have and his bizarre idea of experimenting a (I think overrated) right back in center mid IN THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT, part of me wonders if the success we've had was in spite of Southgate rather than because of him. A bit harsh maybe but he seems to have taken absolute world class players and made them look awful so far...

Maybe some of them aren’t world class…..

England V Denmark on 17:59 - Jun 21 with 820 viewssaintmark1976

England V Denmark on 17:18 - Jun 21 by PatfromPoole

Southgate was an average centre half and had an average management career before taking the England job.

Today I read a comment which sums him up perfectly:-

“He is the kind of guy who would wear a cycle helmet whilst riding a Peloton.”

If we are to win the tournament he needs to completely change his mind set and put out a team to attack rather than one coached to play “ After you Claude.” sideways and backwards football.

I suspect however that he won’t change and Englands search for a first major competition win since 1966 will shortly be extended for a further two years.
England V Denmark on 19:42 - Jun 21 with 753 viewsNYC_Saint

Foden, Bellingham, Rice and Saka would get into any other team in the tournament. Kane maybe too. But maybe they're surrounded at club level but such great players they're able to shine much brighter... Tuesday will tell I guess.

I've never been able to get to a euro or World Cup but am hoping to be able to make some games when the WC is here in 2 years' time. Enjoy the rest of your time out there sir.
England V Denmark on 21:46 - Jun 21 with 695 viewsgrumpy

We have players there that play for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich,Man City,Liverpool and Arsenal,world class club sides.Then we have Southgate............
England V Denmark on 07:57 - Jun 22 with 581 viewssledger

just what is this love in with TAA ,is his father a selector,cant play full back because hes a sh+t defender so we play him in midfield where surprise surprise he cant defend and positionally is all over the place and hasnt got the energy to press the ball,playing with 10 men will make any side look bad.
Login to get fewer ads

England V Denmark on 10:33 - Jun 22 with 562 viewskernow

Minus Trippier makes nine.
England V Denmark on 23:00 - Jun 22 with 441 viewshedgeend61

England V Denmark on 11:35 - Jun 21 by PatfromPoole

No mate, I haven’t seen Hedge End Saint out here.

Have seen plenty of Saints out here, we have got quite a few out here.

As ever with England, the majority of fans seem to be Northerners and from the Midlands.

Back home now for a few days Pat after a week out there, flew Amsterdam then car staying in Maastrich and driving in, so much cheaper than flying to Germany.
Back out early Tues To Cologne, then back Wednesday, 4 weeks on a liquid diet is too much for me
Then in and out as far as they go. Block N4 row 8 in Cologne behind goal if you're anywhere close, beers only 10euro in ground and sunny 28 degrees Tues, may need a couple
[Post edited 22 Jun 23:00]
England V Denmark on 08:00 - Jun 23 with 365 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Denmark on 23:00 - Jun 22 by hedgeend61

Back home now for a few days Pat after a week out there, flew Amsterdam then car staying in Maastrich and driving in, so much cheaper than flying to Germany.
Back out early Tues To Cologne, then back Wednesday, 4 weeks on a liquid diet is too much for me
Then in and out as far as they go. Block N4 row 8 in Cologne behind goal if you're anywhere close, beers only 10euro in ground and sunny 28 degrees Tues, may need a couple

We were due to be flying back yesterday lunchtime from Amsterdam to Birmingham, but the flight was cancelled.

Have been put on replacement flight for this morning to Paris, then on to Birmingham.

Pretty much sums up our shitshow of a week with public transport.

Trains have been disastrous across Holland and Germany; so many cancellations.

England V Denmark on 10:49 - Jun 25 with 186 viewsPatfromPoole

England V Denmark on 23:00 - Jun 22 by hedgeend61

Guten morgen from Cologne. It is hot here.

HedgeEnd61, if you fancy meeting up for a beer, should be in Rathausplatz from around 2pm.

Loads of bars there.

Will probably be pretty close to the Gilden im Zims near one of entrances to the Fan Zone; think there will be a few Saints there.

England V Denmark on 10:57 - Jun 25 with 183 viewsSaintNick

England V Denmark on 10:49 - Jun 25 by PatfromPoole

Guten morgen from Cologne. It is hot here.

HedgeEnd61, if you fancy meeting up for a beer, should be in Rathausplatz from around 2pm.

Loads of bars there.

Will probably be pretty close to the Gilden im Zims near one of entrances to the Fan Zone; think there will be a few Saints there.

Rathausplatz, that sounds nice, my basic German tells me that in English it literally means house of rats place

England V Denmark on 11:10 - Jun 25 with 175 views1885_SFC

Sounds more like a Stranglers album...

Old School is Cool

England V Denmark on 11:12 - Jun 25 with 172 viewsSaintNick

England V Denmark on 11:10 - Jun 25 by 1885_SFC

Sounds more like a Stranglers album...

Rathausplatz Norvegicus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024