Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adams Or Ings 21:18 - Jun 19 with 1205 viewsSaintNick

Adams staying or going and Ings arriving what would be the best option

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Adams Or Ings on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 1196 viewsMonksway

Neither. Time to move on. Stewart, Adam Armstrong plus a new striker.
Adams Or Ings on 22:13 - Jun 19 with 1117 viewsButty101

Adams Or Ings on 21:26 - Jun 19 by Monksway

Neither. Time to move on. Stewart, Adam Armstrong plus a new striker.

Che has been invisible in the first 2 euro games. Just shows what we wont miss. He’s championship level.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Adams Or Ings on 23:15 - Jun 19 with 1055 viewsTripleNiemi

Let’s be honest, Ings on his day is better than any strikers we currently have on the books and a natural finisher. As with Lallana though, would I want him back? Not really but hey looks like we have money to burn on wages…….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Adams Or Ings on 06:46 - Jun 20 with 929 viewskernow

A one year ,pay as you play deal might be interesting.
Adams is probably leaving.
They were both good as a front two, which didn’t happen as much as it should have.
Adams Or Ings on 12:05 - Jun 20 with 794 viewssaint22

Both not good enough
We really are once again looking like we dont know what we are doing if all these rumours are true.
We need to spend and bring in quality not rejects from other clubs and ex players to stay up otherwise as many said we are better off in the Championship
Adams Or Ings on 12:28 - Jun 20 with 769 viewsfelly1

Adams Or Ings on 12:05 - Jun 20 by saint22

Both not good enough
We really are once again looking like we dont know what we are doing if all these rumours are true.
We need to spend and bring in quality not rejects from other clubs and ex players to stay up otherwise as many said we are better off in the Championship

1. You may be right but they both have shown in previous seasons to be high quality Premier league players who were good enough for England.

2. Our last season in the Prem was disastrous because we spent a fair chunk of money on unproven kids and older players who've never played in the Prem before.. Onuachu, Caleta Car, Orsic etc.

3. We don't have alot of money to spend (80 plus million debt) and with FFP rules we'd only end up getting a points deduction if we did splash the cash on a ton of players.
Adams Or Ings on 15:38 - Jun 20 with 691 viewskingslandstand1

Adams Or Ings on 12:28 - Jun 20 by felly1

1. You may be right but they both have shown in previous seasons to be high quality Premier league players who were good enough for England.

2. Our last season in the Prem was disastrous because we spent a fair chunk of money on unproven kids and older players who've never played in the Prem before.. Onuachu, Caleta Car, Orsic etc.

3. We don't have alot of money to spend (80 plus million debt) and with FFP rules we'd only end up getting a points deduction if we did splash the cash on a ton of players.

So basically 22 is right, we should have stayed in the Championship?
Adams Or Ings on 16:08 - Jun 20 with 659 viewsfelly1

Adams Or Ings on 15:38 - Jun 20 by kingslandstand1

So basically 22 is right, we should have stayed in the Championship?

No definitely not.
We'd sink sink further into a financial mire and could possibly turn into a midtable Championship club playing in front a lot of empty seats.

It's all a gamble, you're either of a positive mindset who hopes for the best and hope the club find the right path with recruitment and tactics towards a goal of getting close to 40 points and build from there.

Or grumble.
Login to get fewer ads

Adams Or Ings on 16:24 - Jun 20 with 647 viewsUTS1885

Adams is very unlikely to stay and wants to move back up north. We won’t match his signing on fee or wages. To be honest, he struggled in the PL as we know and can’t see that changing. As for Ings he’s only interested in money and no way should we match his West Ham wages. Will he score goals better than Mara ? Probably, but we should have issues in not resigning past players that stunk the place out on departure.
[Post edited 20 Jun 18:00]
Adams Or Ings on 16:46 - Jun 20 with 616 viewskingslandstand1

Adams Or Ings on 16:08 - Jun 20 by felly1

No definitely not.
We'd sink sink further into a financial mire and could possibly turn into a midtable Championship club playing in front a lot of empty seats.

It's all a gamble, you're either of a positive mindset who hopes for the best and hope the club find the right path with recruitment and tactics towards a goal of getting close to 40 points and build from there.

Or grumble.

The comment was slightly tongue in cheek and obviously I'd rather be in the Prem, but as things are now there is not a lot to be positive about.

As Nick will no doubt point out, a lot of business between clubs happens near the start of the season or as we know from last season, the end of the transfer window which is probably 3 or 4 weeks in to the season which could well be too late for us as we need to get some decent business done now!
Adams Or Ings on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 527 viewssaint22

Previous and were are the key words there
Adams Or Ings on 21:27 - Jun 20 with 491 viewsA1079

Neither feel like the answer to me. Adams conversion rate is poor and that was costly in our last period in the PL. It is irrational I know, but I cannot warm to Ings. He comes across as mercenary and I am not even convinced he can deliver at PL level any more. Do I have an answer to this, No, not really.
Adams Or Ings on 11:41 - Jun 21 with 332 viewsSonicBoom

Well we know about Adams. We know what he does and does not offer and I agree, his wastefulness in front of goal was a factor in our demise. A few extra goals in key matches could have saved us.
Ings was good but what is he now? He's never played regularly since he left us. Will he come back and play 30 plus games a season? I doubt it.

I'd just like a decent striker capable of finishing, that can get a run in the team. Some like a James Beattie.
Primarily I'd like us to buy someone who is FIT. Gambling on strikers with a history of injuries can backfire spectacularly
Adams Or Ings on 11:56 - Jun 21 with 324 viewsyateleysaint

Christ, I’d completely forgotten about Orsic. What was that all about?

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024