Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portugal Win 21:55 - Jun 18 with 777 viewsSaintNick

So far the Euros have been quite entertaining except for the England game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Portugal Win on 05:59 - Jun 19 with 643 viewsCity_boy

I agree, there have been some really entertaining and exciting games. Games that I wouldn't normally watch have been quite good.

I know it's all about results, but England are so tedious to watch.

As for Portugal, they have enough talent in that squad now to dispense of Ronaldo's services. Good servant etc to country with 200+ caps, but at 39, it's time to move on. I was amazed Martinez made 5 subs and Ronaldo was still on at the end. He has too much influence over that squad which is probably not helpful.
[Post edited 19 Jun 6:00]
Portugal Win on 08:55 - Jun 19 with 579 viewsSaintNick

Portugal Win on 05:59 - Jun 19 by City_boy

I agree, there have been some really entertaining and exciting games. Games that I wouldn't normally watch have been quite good.

As for Portugal, they have enough talent in that squad now to dispense of Ronaldo's services. Good servant etc to country with 200+ caps, but at 39, it's time to move on. I was amazed Martinez made 5 subs and Ronaldo was still on at the end. He has too much influence over that squad which is probably not helpful.

The question is would we prefer England to be methodical & boring but win the tournament or freeflowing and out going and lose in a blaze of glory in the semi's

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Portugal Win on 09:30 - Jun 19 with 559 viewsdirk_doone

Portugal Win on 08:55 - Jun 19 by SaintNick

The question is would we prefer England to be methodical & boring but win the tournament or freeflowing and out going and lose in a blaze of glory in the semi's

The teams that win big tournaments often make underwhelming starts while teams that make the most spectacular start usually fail in the end. What I noticed about England vs the teams that have impressed in their opening games is England's lack of pace. France, for example, looked like the proverbial hares in contrast to England's tortoises. So, hopefully, England are just pacing themselves better than their rivals.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Portugal Win on 10:06 - Jun 19 with 534 viewssaint901

I can't say I was impressed by Portugal. They were playing the youngest team in the tournament, all big lads with a defensive mindset and failed to make more than perhaps two good chances.

Of the better teams who have played so far, only Germany (who played against 10 men for half a game) had a convincing start. Perhaps Spain would be next best but again their second half was very pedestrian.

I would say at this stage, England are no worse than any of the seeded teams.
Portugal Win on 14:16 - Jun 19 with 478 viewsCity_boy

Portugal Win on 08:55 - Jun 19 by SaintNick

Is it too much to ask for both - entertaining and win ! ?
Portugal Win on 18:17 - Jun 19 with 388 views1885_SFC

If I was a betting man - which, hands up, I'm not really - I'd be putting my money on Spain to win the tournament. I think they'll be too good for the likes of England, Germany, Italy, etc - and too good for France even.

Old School is Cool

Portugal Win on 18:48 - Jun 19 with 364 viewsgrumpy

If they avoid each-other till the final I can see it between France v Germany.
Portugal Win on 06:54 - Jun 20 with 299 viewskingolaf

Got to be honest, I can’t get into it. I’m finding myself getting increasingly bored with football.

I yearn for the days when footballers didn’t dive around and cheat.
Login to get fewer ads

Portugal Win on 06:56 - Jun 20 with 296 viewscocklebreath

Portugal Win on 18:17 - Jun 19 by 1885_SFC

If I was a betting man - which, hands up, I'm not really - I'd be putting my money on Spain to win the tournament. I think they'll be too good for the likes of England, Germany, Italy, etc - and too good for France even.

8/1 4th favourites, get your money on.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Portugal Win on 08:03 - Jun 20 with 257 viewsSalisburySaint

Portugal Win on 05:59 - Jun 19 by City_boy

I watched Portugal v Luxembourg in Faro last September

Ronaldo was suspended and without him they were far better and more of a team, everyone playing for each other not Egos
Portugal Win on 13:19 - Jun 20 with 200 views1885_SFC

Portugal Win on 06:56 - Jun 20 by cocklebreath

8/1 4th favourites, get your money on.

Wow, that's pretty generous. Think I might well stick a £20 quid note on that!

Old School is Cool

Portugal Win on 13:45 - Jun 20 with 192 viewscocklebreath

Portugal Win on 13:19 - Jun 20 by 1885_SFC

Wow, that's pretty generous. Think I might well stick a £20 quid note on that!

Don’t blame me when it blows out

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Portugal Win on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 175 views1885_SFC

Portugal Win on 13:45 - Jun 20 by cocklebreath

Don’t blame me when it blows out

Yes, I'm going to. You'll owe me 50% of my stake (£10) if it all goes tits up.

Old School is Cool

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024