Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? 11:30 - Jun 6 with 4755 viewsdjsaint

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 18:30 - Jun 18 with 1048 viewsScoot

This is my first year as a ST holder for years. But it's nothing to do with the prem. To be honest, I would rather have one last year than this if i had to choose between the two. My work always got in the way, but I've changed jobs. I've just spent £750 to lets be honest, watch us get hammered most weeks. Last year, it was £500 to watch us win

I know the score. I support a club that for the last 40 years has just wanted to survive not thrive.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 19:09 - Jun 19 with 930 viewsdjsaint

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 18:30 - Jun 18 by Scoot

This is my first year as a ST holder for years. But it's nothing to do with the prem. To be honest, I would rather have one last year than this if i had to choose between the two. My work always got in the way, but I've changed jobs. I've just spent £750 to lets be honest, watch us get hammered most weeks. Last year, it was £500 to watch us win

I know the score. I support a club that for the last 40 years has just wanted to survive not thrive.

Welcome aboard, buckle up and enjoy the ride 😎

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 12:03 - Jul 6 with 669 viewsdirk_doone

I saw this on Saintsweb:

Won't be easy to get a ticket next season for many. Only 5% of capacity (1,626 seats) available to non season ticket holders.

Season tickets sold out...

Those 1,626 tickets will certainly be snapped up by members so I can't see any tickets being available for new fans or even existing fans who are not season ticket holders or members.
[Post edited 6 Jul 12:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 12:32 - Jul 6 with 642 viewsdjsaint

There’s actually still a small number being offered to members, so if you want one and your a member you’d best be quick!

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 13:51 - Jul 6 with 590 viewscocklebreath

So we must have sold about 26000 season tickets, that’s way up.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:10 - Jul 6 with 584 viewsdjsaint

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 13:51 - Jul 6 by cocklebreath

So we must have sold about 26000 season tickets, that’s way up.

I’m not convinced it’s quite that high yet.
When looking at the seats available on Thursday, at a rough guess there were about 3-4k to choose from.
So i’m thinking its somewhere toward 25k but could reach 26k once they finish with the limited availability to members.

But yes, fantastic numbers/support 👏

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 08:53 - Jul 7 with 496 viewsSoton

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:10 - Jul 6 by djsaint

I’m not convinced it’s quite that high yet.
When looking at the seats available on Thursday, at a rough guess there were about 3-4k to choose from.
So i’m thinking its somewhere toward 25k but could reach 26k once they finish with the limited availability to members.

But yes, fantastic numbers/support 👏

Season ticket holders might need a couple of away games on their record next season to guarantee a seat at our next Wembley appearance
Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 11:17 - Jul 7 with 459 viewsdirk_doone

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 08:53 - Jul 7 by Soton

Season ticket holders might need a couple of away games on their record next season to guarantee a seat at our next Wembley appearance

The Club has started a season ticket waiting list. But, with demand now exceeding supply they'll probably increase season ticket prices again to try to control it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 12:19]

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 11:41 - Jul 7 with 441 viewsdjsaint

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 08:53 - Jul 7 by Soton

Usual allocation is 30k at Wembley isn’t it? That would cover all season ticket holders with several thousand extra for members etc.

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 12:12 - Jul 7 with 432 viewsdirk_doone

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 11:41 - Jul 7 by djsaint

Usual allocation is 30k at Wembley isn’t it? That would cover all season ticket holders with several thousand extra for members etc.

I'm not up to date on the allocations but it used to be less for FA Cup finals than League Cup ones.

[Post edited 7 Jul 12:13]

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 13:27 - Jul 7 with 370 viewsTripleNiemi

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 11:17 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

The Club has started a season ticket waiting list. But, with demand now exceeding supply they'll probably increase season ticket prices again to try to control it.
[Post edited 7 Jul 12:19]

Lookout the next fans forum; can see it now, when is the ground expansion starting to take us up to 85,000

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:03 - Jul 7 with 357 viewsdirk_doone

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 13:27 - Jul 7 by TripleNiemi

Lookout the next fans forum; can see it now, when is the ground expansion starting to take us up to 85,000

An upper tier added to the Kingsland will take the capacity to somewhere betwen 36,000 and 40,000, which seems fairly sensible and perhaps, in the long term, even a little unambitious. The population is increasing all the time and so is the number of football fans.

Does your post indicate you are opposed to that? Incredibly there were some posters on here who were against the new Northam setup, and claimed it would reduce season ticket sales. Some people just hate any sort of change. That's human nature, I guess.
[Post edited 7 Jul 14:06]

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:31 - Jul 7 with 328 viewsTripleNiemi

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:03 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

An upper tier added to the Kingsland will take the capacity to somewhere betwen 36,000 and 40,000, which seems fairly sensible and perhaps, in the long term, even a little unambitious. The population is increasing all the time and so is the number of football fans.

Does your post indicate you are opposed to that? Incredibly there were some posters on here who were against the new Northam setup, and claimed it would reduce season ticket sales. Some people just hate any sort of change. That's human nature, I guess.

Definitely not opposed to expanding the ground and trying to change its design from the mundane bowl that it is. As most of the regimes have argued though, we need to be selling games week in and week out which is not something we regularly do (yet).

Expanding the ground will likely see more away fans infiltrating the place when the PL elite are in town.
[Post edited 7 Jul 14:34]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:51 - Jul 7 with 309 viewsLondonSaint76

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:03 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

When Barr Construction built the stadium they sunk foundations capable of taking much larger stands all round so any expansion can be easily slotted in on top of the existing stand and then re-roofed. Barr also built the new Derby and Sunderland grounds - I agree, I wouldn’t mind seeing a top deck on the Kingsland similar to the one at Sunderland. Saw England play from that top deck when Wembley was being rebuilt, cracking view as unlike Newcastle the top deck is above not behind the lower tier so still near the pitch. If they went for the maximum extension it could take the capacity to between 40 - 42,000 depending on how they sculptured the ends - hopefully a curvy Luz style esthetic in preference to a stark St James’s Park one. From memory the max extensions were up to 6k behind each end and up to 10k on the sides.
[Post edited 7 Jul 15:00]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 15:45 - Jul 7 with 289 viewsdjsaint

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 14:51 - Jul 7 by LondonSaint76

When Barr Construction built the stadium they sunk foundations capable of taking much larger stands all round so any expansion can be easily slotted in on top of the existing stand and then re-roofed. Barr also built the new Derby and Sunderland grounds - I agree, I wouldn’t mind seeing a top deck on the Kingsland similar to the one at Sunderland. Saw England play from that top deck when Wembley was being rebuilt, cracking view as unlike Newcastle the top deck is above not behind the lower tier so still near the pitch. If they went for the maximum extension it could take the capacity to between 40 - 42,000 depending on how they sculptured the ends - hopefully a curvy Luz style esthetic in preference to a stark St James’s Park one. From memory the max extensions were up to 6k behind each end and up to 10k on the sides.
[Post edited 7 Jul 15:00]

Barr did not build Sunderland’s stadium.
Max expansion possible is 50k via an extra tier on all sides except the Itchen.

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 16:22 - Jul 7 with 266 viewsLondonSaint76

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 12:12 - Jul 7 by dirk_doone

I'm not up to date on the allocations but it used to be less for FA Cup finals than League Cup ones.

[Post edited 7 Jul 12:13]

Quite right, for the FA Cup Final all the County FA’s get allocations, some of the larger CFA’s like London get allocation running into the mid / upper hundreds, it is based on the number of affiliated clubs in membership. In contrast, the FA get a very meagre allocation of tickets from the Football League for the LC Final so far more tickets go directly to the competing clubs, as indeed they should. I was on the London FA for nearly 30 years so had the opportunity to purchase Cup Final tickets and England tickets every season. I always made sure my 2 FA Cup Final tickets went to genuine fans I knew (at face value) who I could trust not to sell them on!
One bizarre FAC Final was 2003 when Saints played Arsenal in Cardiff. The FA procedure is to allocate tickets to CFA’s north of Birmingham to the northernmost of the two FAC finalists, and likewise allocations to CFA’s south of Birmingham are in the half of the ground allocated to the southernmost of the finalists. Works fine if it is Chelsea v Liverpool or Man City v Arsenal but in 2003 Southampton were the southernmost club so despite the London FA pleading with the FA to use some common sense their entire allocation was in the Saints half of the ground! Result was dozens of LFA members returned their tickets to the London FA, the then CEO knew I was a big Saints fan and asked me if I could use any extra tickets as long as they were people I could trust. I ended up with 42 tickets!! Can honestly say I did not make a penny profit on any of them and we were able to get some ex-Pat Saints over from the USA, Taipei & Australia. It was great to see some old friends who were ex ST holders who still loved SFC but from afar. Could not do that now, allocations not quite what they were mainly thanks to David Dein who tirelessly campaigned in the mid 2000’s for fairer allocations for the competing clubs when he was Arsenal VC and on the FA Council. CFA allocations have reduced since the new Wembley era began which is good but still a third of the capacity at a Cup Final does not go to the Clubs. That said, Club Wembley is partly responsible - there were empty CW seats yet again this year at the FAC Final which is just plain daft…
[Post edited 7 Jul 16:41]

Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell? on 16:36 - Jul 7 with 264 viewsLondonSaint76

I stand corrected sir, it is best part of 25 years since that ground breaking ceremony at SMS - perhaps the guy showing us around used the Sunderland double deck as an example of what they could add in at the sides, maybe that’s what it was as the Stadium of Light opened in 97 from memory… TBH it was a while ago now - and I didn’t take any notes 🙂

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024