Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English Stadiums visited 12:48 - Jun 5 with 2547 viewsSaintNick

Of the current top 4 divisions I have been to 83 of the clubs out of the 92, plus another 38 previous stadiums

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

English Stadiums visited (n/t) on 22:16 - Jun 5 with 863 viewsIfonly

English Stadiums visited (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

Charlton played at Palace for a while and I think west ham but we never played them at West Ham

This post has been edited by an administrator

You're getting warm and have mentioned one of the grounds involved in the technically correct answer...

Btw, it turns out the League Cup game at Rotherham was 1983, not 1984, but good recollection all the same. Hope it wasn't too bad a journey home on that Tuesday night after watching a 2-1 defeat from the other side of a huge running track (that's true dedication in anyone's book). It's interesting, looking back, that we basically had our first team out that night. That would never happen these days.
English Stadiums visited on 22:28 - Jun 5 with 835 viewscocklebreath

English Stadiums visited on 13:11 - Jun 5 by franniesTache

Least favourite for is one of Wembley, The Emirates or Spurs new grounds.

Brammal Lane, The New Den and Home Park probably my favourites (although i also really liked the New York Stadium)

Brammal lane? Away end stinks of dog sh!t and the sheff United fans sing the chip butty song and then sit/stand in silence as do the saints fans every time I’ve been. Rubbish. The new Den I agree much more fun.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

English Stadiums visited on 22:47 - Jun 5 with 818 viewsPatfromPoole

English Stadiums visited on 22:28 - Jun 5 by cocklebreath

Brammal lane? Away end stinks of dog sh!t and the sheff United fans sing the chip butty song and then sit/stand in silence as do the saints fans every time I’ve been. Rubbish. The new Den I agree much more fun.

I really liked Bramall Lane when I went there for the Djenepo being prime Messi game.

I thought their fans were loud TBF.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

English Stadiums visited on 22:48 - Jun 5 with 816 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a shame Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United went down, as all three are decent away days.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

English Stadiums visited on 23:31 - Jun 5 with 772 viewsWints76

I've just checked the MyGrounds App and I have been to 72 of the current 92. No new league grounds next season and same if we hadn't have got promoted. About half way throught the La Liga top flight stadiums, so maybe I'll make that my goal.
English Stadiums visited on 10:42 - Jun 6 with 640 viewsSaintNick

English Stadiums visited on 23:31 - Jun 5 by Wints76

I've just checked the MyGrounds App and I have been to 72 of the current 92. No new league grounds next season and same if we hadn't have got promoted. About half way throught the La Liga top flight stadiums, so maybe I'll make that my goal.

I can't keep up with how many grounds I have visited abroad and if is split between those I have seen Saints on, those I have seen games not involving Saints and those that I have just visited the stadium.

Roughly speaking from memory.

Watching Saints
Rangers
St Johnstone
Limerick
Hamburg (old Ground)
Norrjkoping
Steau Bucharest
Feyenoord
Red Bull Salzburg
Vitesse Arnhem
Mittjutland
Hapal Beer Sheva
Sparta Prague
Inter Milan
Kunshan Stadium Shanghai
Xuzhou Stadium (China)
Macau National stadium
Klagenfurt

Grounds for other games
FC Eindhoven
Toronto FC
Ajax
AEK Athens
Palermo
Hampden Park
Hertha Berlin

Grounds I have visited
PSV Eindhoven
Bruges
Bayern Munich
Hamburg ( new ground)
St Paulli
Nurenburg
Dukla Prague
Victoria Zizkhov
Bohemians Prague
Slavia Prague
Olympic Stadium Vienna
Austria Vien
Rapid Vienna
Ferencvaros
National Stadium Sofia
CSKA Sofia
Olympiakos
AC Sorrento
Olympic Stadium Rome

I cant think of anymore off the top of my head but there must be a few more

English Stadiums visited on 11:00 - Jun 6 with 621 viewshedgeend61

English Stadiums visited on 20:54 - Jun 5 by Ifonly

As you say, we never played B Rovers in Bath (I checked).

I didn't have Rotherham, so one (technically correct) answer left..

What's the 3rd one?, I'm struggling.

You're not counting Wimbledon?, Plough Lane, Selhurst, then MK Dons are you?
English Stadiums visited on 12:49 - Jun 6 with 575 viewsfranniesTache

English Stadiums visited on 22:28 - Jun 5 by cocklebreath

Not sure which game you went to but they definitely didn't sit in silence the times i've been, probably one of the loudest grounds i've been to in the country and the chip butty song is one of the best chants any club has.

I personally like old fashioned football grounds (not stadiums) and Brammal Lane still feels tight to the pitch and the fact it has proper "ends" makes it feel more intimidating.

Plus of course Sheffield is a cracking day out for the beer
Login to get fewer ads

English Stadiums visited on 14:12 - Jun 6 with 546 viewsWints76

English Stadiums visited on 10:42 - Jun 6 by SaintNick

I can't keep up with how many grounds I have visited abroad and if is split between those I have seen Saints on, those I have seen games not involving Saints and those that I have just visited the stadium.

Roughly speaking from memory.

Watching Saints
Rangers
St Johnstone
Limerick
Hamburg (old Ground)
Norrjkoping
Steau Bucharest
Feyenoord
Red Bull Salzburg
Vitesse Arnhem
Mittjutland
Hapal Beer Sheva
Sparta Prague
Inter Milan
Kunshan Stadium Shanghai
Xuzhou Stadium (China)
Macau National stadium
Klagenfurt

Grounds for other games
FC Eindhoven
Toronto FC
Ajax
AEK Athens
Palermo
Hampden Park
Hertha Berlin

Grounds I have visited
PSV Eindhoven
Bruges
Bayern Munich
Hamburg ( new ground)
St Paulli
Nurenburg
Dukla Prague
Victoria Zizkhov
Bohemians Prague
Slavia Prague
Olympic Stadium Vienna
Austria Vien
Rapid Vienna
Ferencvaros
National Stadium Sofia
CSKA Sofia
Olympiakos
AC Sorrento
Olympic Stadium Rome

I cant think of anymore off the top of my head but there must be a few more

Download the MyGrounds App and gou can add them all on there and even categorise. Goes down to local levels, so both Totton grounds are on there for example.

Also another vote for Bramhall Lane. I've always found it one of the better grounds. Likewise WBA. There's not many grounds I'm looking forward to next season, though Brighton is always a good day. And Villa Park now for me for personal reasons.
English Stadiums visited on 15:05 - Jun 6 with 522 viewssolent_toffee

English Stadiums visited on 14:12 - Jun 6 by Wints76

Download the MyGrounds App and gou can add them all on there and even categorise. Goes down to local levels, so both Totton grounds are on there for example.

Also another vote for Bramhall Lane. I've always found it one of the better grounds. Likewise WBA. There's not many grounds I'm looking forward to next season, though Brighton is always a good day. And Villa Park now for me for personal reasons.

Last chance to go to Woodison, plus you get to have a look at BMD on the way 😀
English Stadiums visited on 15:17 - Jun 6 with 518 viewsWints76

English Stadiums visited on 15:05 - Jun 6 by solent_toffee

Last chance to go to Woodison, plus you get to have a look at BMD on the way 😀

Yeh, OK, I'll add Everton as we'reon a winning streak there. BTW, saw MM yesterday and we're going to see Love in Southampton (think there's one surviving member!) in July at 1865 if you fancy coming?
English Stadiums visited on 19:11 - Jun 6 with 475 viewsIfonly

English Stadiums visited on 11:00 - Jun 6 by hedgeend61

What's the 3rd one?, I'm struggling.

You're not counting Wimbledon?, Plough Lane, Selhurst, then MK Dons are you?

Yes, that's it. They changed their name, but they're the same club, so they kept everything that went with that, including their league position. If MK Dons had been a new club they'd have to have started at the bottom like AFC Wimbledon did.
English Stadiums visited on 20:25 - Jun 6 with 464 viewssolent_toffee

English Stadiums visited on 15:17 - Jun 6 by Wints76

Yeh, OK, I'll add Everton as we'reon a winning streak there. BTW, saw MM yesterday and we're going to see Love in Southampton (think there's one surviving member!) in July at 1865 if you fancy coming?

Sounds good, will give you a shout.

It would be great if Saints had the last game at Goodison, make a proper weekend of it!
English Stadiums visited on 21:04 - Jun 6 with 435 viewsLondonSaint76

English Stadiums visited on 20:25 - Jun 6 by solent_toffee

Sounds good, will give you a shout.

It would be great if Saints had the last game at Goodison, make a proper weekend of it!

Solent Toffee, are Everton doing any extra games / events after the last PL game? Or is. It too early to tell? After the Arsenal game Saints had Dodd’s testimonial, then the last ever game, a farewell game against Brighton, our first ever opponents at The Dell, then the very last event which was a formal dinner in a large marquee on the pitch. Ended up with a good mate sat in the dugout very late in the evening with a bottle port raising multiple toasts to many a famous ex-Saint. It was a great way to say goodbye to the old girl, an occasion that will live long in my memory…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

English Stadiums visited on 21:26 - Jun 6 with 419 viewsSaintNick

English Stadiums visited on 21:04 - Jun 6 by LondonSaint76

Solent Toffee, are Everton doing any extra games / events after the last PL game? Or is. It too early to tell? After the Arsenal game Saints had Dodd’s testimonial, then the last ever game, a farewell game against Brighton, our first ever opponents at The Dell, then the very last event which was a formal dinner in a large marquee on the pitch. Ended up with a good mate sat in the dugout very late in the evening with a bottle port raising multiple toasts to many a famous ex-Saint. It was a great way to say goodbye to the old girl, an occasion that will live long in my memory…

I went to that dinner and like you I ended up sat in the dark with a drink thinking about the past 29 years.

I sat on the white wall that was at the Archers End of the West Stand, joined that to the little piece of terrace that was under the old scoreboard, the same place I sat on and watched my first ever game on 15th January 1972

English Stadiums visited on 23:24 - Jun 6 with 384 viewshedgeend61

English Stadiums visited on 19:11 - Jun 6 by Ifonly

Yes, that's it. They changed their name, but they're the same club, so they kept everything that went with that, including their league position. If MK Dons had been a new club they'd have to have started at the bottom like AFC Wimbledon did.

Everything?, did they keep the FA Cup final win?
English Stadiums visited on 07:24 - Jun 7 with 323 viewssolent_toffee

English Stadiums visited on 21:04 - Jun 6 by LondonSaint76

I really hope so. We have a family dilemma, my niece got engaged two months ago and although she lives in London has always wanted to get married in Liverpool and has her heart set on the venue. They’ve booked it for the bank holiday weekend next May thinking the season will be over. It’s on the Sunday of potentially the last game at Goodison. We’ve loads of season ticket holders within the family so it’s causing her loads of stress.

Got a nervous wait now for the fixtures to come out.

Either way I want my seat to take home and put in the garden. Did Saints let you do that?
English Stadiums visited on 08:41 - Jun 7 with 309 viewsSaintNick

English Stadiums visited on 07:24 - Jun 7 by solent_toffee

I really hope so. We have a family dilemma, my niece got engaged two months ago and although she lives in London has always wanted to get married in Liverpool and has her heart set on the venue. They’ve booked it for the bank holiday weekend next May thinking the season will be over. It’s on the Sunday of potentially the last game at Goodison. We’ve loads of season ticket holders within the family so it’s causing her loads of stress.

Got a nervous wait now for the fixtures to come out.

Either way I want my seat to take home and put in the garden. Did Saints let you do that?

Saints did let you take your seat home, but not on the final League game.

The last ever game was against Brighton, they encouraged fans to literally dismantle the ground, people were walking away with their seats, signs and one fella even had the dugout, loads of people arriving with toolkits etc

English Stadiums visited on 10:41 - Jun 7 with 275 viewsfranniesTache

English Stadiums visited on 08:41 - Jun 7 by SaintNick

Saints did let you take your seat home, but not on the final League game.

The last ever game was against Brighton, they encouraged fans to literally dismantle the ground, people were walking away with their seats, signs and one fella even had the dugout, loads of people arriving with toolkits etc

They might not have encouraged you on the last game (i don't count the brighton game as the last game) but plenty of us did.

I pulled mine up in the archers and used it to scoop some of the turf up when everyone went on the pitch, the turf was planted in my mum's garden (i was living in a flat at the time and didn't have a garden) and i donated my seat to the Wagon when Jason re-did it so it's up on the wall there now (along with my copy of the infamous "hope you die soon" branfoot OTM).

We also broke into the Dell well after they'd shut it - with the help of a friendly security guard who caught us trying to rip the milton road road sign off the side of it and just let us in instead).

Plus one drunken night out we removed the massive wrought iron gate that used to close the rat run from the archers to the milton road, think we got about 20foot down the road with it before giving up because it was too heavy and we were too drunk
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024