Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City Launch Legal Battle 23:17 - Jun 4 with 1458 viewsSaintNick

City are claiming they are the victims of discrimination as they cant spent all their alleged sponsorship money

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crggez4w209o

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 00:35 - Jun 5 with 1370 viewsTripleNiemi

Christ, not another bunch of ‘victims’……..

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 06:12 - Jun 5 with 1292 viewssolent_toffee

A go fund me page for Pep is being set up as we speak.

So basically what City are saying is that their owners can pay well over the odds for sponsorships deals between companies that they own and therefore buy loads of expensive players and run away with the league. Seems fair enough.

I assume that the only fair solution to this is to give Everton a points deduction and allow City to crack on.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:20 - Jun 5 with 1196 viewssledger

i dont think the premier league can afford to lose this case,it would be carnage from those already punished.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:47 - Jun 5 with 1168 viewsSonicBoom

I saw a great tweet last night from a City fan saying it's all a conspiracy from the established big clubs in the PL cartel to keep City down. In fact he said the PL "elite".

I pointed out that having won the league for the last 7 years or whatever, they ARE an established big club, they are the PL "elite" and very much part of the PL cartel. They definitely aren't the plucky little City of years ago where they used to boast about getting big crowds whilst in league 2. The delusion is incredible.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 09:29 - Jun 5 with 1112 viewsSaintNick

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:47 - Jun 5 by SonicBoom

I saw a great tweet last night from a City fan saying it's all a conspiracy from the established big clubs in the PL cartel to keep City down. In fact he said the PL "elite".

I pointed out that having won the league for the last 7 years or whatever, they ARE an established big club, they are the PL "elite" and very much part of the PL cartel. They definitely aren't the plucky little City of years ago where they used to boast about getting big crowds whilst in league 2. The delusion is incredible.

I think it is time to punish City as per the rules that they blatantly ignored and invite them to either like it or lump it by resigning from the Premier League

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:01 - Jun 5 with 1082 viewssledger

they have to be punished for the integrity or what there is of it for the games sake.Pep intimating that he wont be renewing his contract tells all,there guilty he knows it and wants out now there going to get hammered.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:20 - Jun 5 with 1037 viewskingslandstand1

The rule change came in 2021 and don't all prem teams vote on that? And if there are 14 or more that agree to it it stays, or is that being too simplistic

City clearly didn't agree to it for obvious reasons but so what. Majority won.

But if they win their case it could be that a lot of the 115 charges re ffp etc will therefore be null and void so they'd get away with that as well

Absolute shit club
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:23 - Jun 5 with 1032 viewsIfonly

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 09:29 - Jun 5 by SaintNick

I think it is time to punish City as per the rules that they blatantly ignored and invite them to either like it or lump it by resigning from the Premier League

Exactly.

If City win this it is difficult to see where it stops e.g. Celtic and Rangers could claim that they are being discriminated against because they're Scottish.
Login to get fewer ads

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:33 - Jun 5 with 1020 viewsPaleRider

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:23 - Jun 5 by Ifonly

Exactly.

If City win this it is difficult to see where it stops e.g. Celtic and Rangers could claim that they are being discriminated against because they're Scottish.

100% agree - there are far more supporters of other clubs so I think the needs of the majority need to be put first.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 11:03 - Jun 5 with 994 viewssolent_toffee

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:20 - Jun 5 by kingslandstand1

The rule change came in 2021 and don't all prem teams vote on that? And if there are 14 or more that agree to it it stays, or is that being too simplistic

City clearly didn't agree to it for obvious reasons but so what. Majority won.

But if they win their case it could be that a lot of the 115 charges re ffp etc will therefore be null and void so they'd get away with that as well

Absolute shit club

Chelsea are just as bad as City, selling hotels to themselves in order to ‘comply’ with PSR.

The talk now is who has the best lawyers, the premier league or a Middle Eastern country.

It’s bloody nuts how the game has gone or rather been stolen from us.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 11:21 - Jun 5 with 981 viewsPaleRider

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 11:03 - Jun 5 by solent_toffee

Chelsea are just as bad as City, selling hotels to themselves in order to ‘comply’ with PSR.

The talk now is who has the best lawyers, the premier league or a Middle Eastern country.

It’s bloody nuts how the game has gone or rather been stolen from us.

I'd love to know the views of the City support who used to post on here .....& then left in a huff!

I suspect many older fans share the views of all of us that this has all gone too far and the game needs to be "returned to the fans".
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 12:23 - Jun 5 with 928 viewssolent_toffee

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 11:21 - Jun 5 by PaleRider

I'd love to know the views of the City support who used to post on here .....& then left in a huff!

I suspect many older fans share the views of all of us that this has all gone too far and the game needs to be "returned to the fans".

Didn’t he flounce after coming on here giving in the big one after the City cup game a few years ago, accusing people of being jealous of city.

I’d imagine he’s not arsed.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 13:37 - Jun 5 with 885 viewskingslandstand1

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 12:23 - Jun 5 by solent_toffee

Didn’t he flounce after coming on here giving in the big one after the City cup game a few years ago, accusing people of being jealous of city.

I’d imagine he’s not arsed.

That was "Blue", after our 4-0 defeat. When City first started to progress towards their current status he was a,pretty decent away fan poster, but then the arrogance set in
He achieved his goal of winding us up with pure gloating
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 13:52 - Jun 5 with 876 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah, been reading all about this and have even heard that if Man City get their way then they won’t play them and are refusing to do so until they’re dealt with once and for all, for both them wanting to change the rules as well as all the blatant cheating they’ve done.

But I’m fairly certain that if City were kicked out, then that ESL would almost certainly start, especially with PSG loosing all their star players, and both Barca and Madrid probably getting bored of it over there.
Just gotta hope that if they do all bugger off to this super league, and whoever takes charge of restoring the English footballing ladder, does a much better job and keeps it competitive like it once was!

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 13:58 - Jun 5 with 871 viewssaint901

They do have a point in that the rules did change mid season and some (not all) of the charges were a result of that.

However the first charges go back to 2009 and the repeating of breaches of the rules is not going to help.

This is also classic legal warfare. One side is looking to mount a huge attack (the PL on City) so the "weaker" side make a pre-emptive strike to try to unbalance the PL. It's just tactics.

If City really thought that that the rules target them and nobody else, their case is hopeless.

If City think that other clubs have been or should have been impacted, then why did they not ask them to join in?

Ultimately the sovereign funds has allowed City access to unlimited funds in order to buy success and now don't like be called on it.

What we will see next is:

1. A threat to leave the PL and go into Europe - which without more support is doomed.
2. A threat from the owners not to buy British weapons
3. A plea for arbitration, i.e. another three years in the long grass.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 14:37 - Jun 5 with 838 viewssolent_toffee

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 13:58 - Jun 5 by saint901

They do have a point in that the rules did change mid season and some (not all) of the charges were a result of that.

However the first charges go back to 2009 and the repeating of breaches of the rules is not going to help.

This is also classic legal warfare. One side is looking to mount a huge attack (the PL on City) so the "weaker" side make a pre-emptive strike to try to unbalance the PL. It's just tactics.

If City really thought that that the rules target them and nobody else, their case is hopeless.

If City think that other clubs have been or should have been impacted, then why did they not ask them to join in?

Ultimately the sovereign funds has allowed City access to unlimited funds in order to buy success and now don't like be called on it.

What we will see next is:

1. A threat to leave the PL and go into Europe - which without more support is doomed.
2. A threat from the owners not to buy British weapons
3. A plea for arbitration, i.e. another three years in the long grass.

When you say British weapons, do you mean the likes of Jack Grealish?
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 16:53 - Jun 5 with 803 viewssledger

what you mean a tool
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:54 - Jun 6 with 615 viewssaint901

No, I was referring to real weapons which hurt people not Grealish who threatens much and delivers very little.

Been doing a bit of digging on this.

First, there is a case for saying that City, with their financial muscle, should be able to compete with the very best teams in Europe and the world. Realistically that means Europe and a European Super League is in my opinion inevitable. Perhaps 10 to 12 teams.

Second, if that is the case, then Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool would also be contenders for a place. Perhaps even Man U in a season or two. Arsenal? Their model is not really built for that, nor is Spurs.

If however City lead these teams down that path by going to war with the PL, then it would be better if the PL showed some mettle and refused them entry to the league and the FA followed suit and refused them entry to the cups. It's either that or allow a wholly unbalanced competition in the PL (or find some fantasy football calculation to limit the value of the team that City can put out in the PL which is unworkable.)

For so long as the dividing line for the debate is money, I have no particular issue because money is not prejudiced. I do have an issue when the owners of City (and Newcastle) suggest that the PL - and by extention the football supporting public in the UK - is racist and wants to "punish" them because of the nationality/ethnicity of their backers. That is a sordid attempt to bias the hearings and by getting their retaliation in first, allows them to cry "foul" later, when they lose.

Unfortunately this row is going to hold up the financial settlement with the EFL and the PL clubs will not want to send money that way if they might need to go out and but a few hundred million of talent. The GE means that the football regulator has been forgotten and there is no way for the EFL to force the payment of any money from the several billion that the PL clubs get. If the legal cases are delayed because of City's selfish stance, then the whole football pyramid will suffer and some clubs will go to the wall.

|There will have to a compromise but it will be money based because that the only language the PL speaks. The fans are collateral damage here and will not be considered to have any significant weight in the result.

This action is however, in my opinion, going to see the end of the PL as we know it, the start of the ESL - (first competitive match there in August 2027) - a rearrangement of the English pyramid and increases in season tickets that dwarf anything we've seen so far.

I would not want to be a supporter of the English clubs in the ESL.

And why?

Because a regime with a dodgy human rights record but with literally mountains of cash, want to convince the world that they are good guys so long as you look only at their money.

For that reason, they are prepared to destroy a part of our society that has been there for generations. I'm all for evolution and reform where needed, but this goes beyond.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 09:02 - Jun 6 with 606 viewsSonicBoom

It's odd that City can launch this action and it's discussed with the other teams in a week. Yet their charges are still being debated after years.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 09:31 - Jun 6 with 573 viewssolent_toffee

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:54 - Jun 6 by saint901

No, I was referring to real weapons which hurt people not Grealish who threatens much and delivers very little.

First, there is a case for saying that City, with their financial muscle, should be able to compete with the very best teams in Europe and the world. Realistically that means Europe and a European Super League is in my opinion inevitable. Perhaps 10 to 12 teams.

Second, if that is the case, then Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool would also be contenders for a place. Perhaps even Man U in a season or two. Arsenal? Their model is not really built for that, nor is Spurs.

If however City lead these teams down that path by going to war with the PL, then it would be better if the PL showed some mettle and refused them entry to the league and the FA followed suit and refused them entry to the cups. It's either that or allow a wholly unbalanced competition in the PL (or find some fantasy football calculation to limit the value of the team that City can put out in the PL which is unworkable.)

For so long as the dividing line for the debate is money, I have no particular issue because money is not prejudiced. I do have an issue when the owners of City (and Newcastle) suggest that the PL - and by extention the football supporting public in the UK - is racist and wants to "punish" them because of the nationality/ethnicity of their backers. That is a sordid attempt to bias the hearings and by getting their retaliation in first, allows them to cry "foul" later, when they lose.

Unfortunately this row is going to hold up the financial settlement with the EFL and the PL clubs will not want to send money that way if they might need to go out and but a few hundred million of talent. The GE means that the football regulator has been forgotten and there is no way for the EFL to force the payment of any money from the several billion that the PL clubs get. If the legal cases are delayed because of City's selfish stance, then the whole football pyramid will suffer and some clubs will go to the wall.

|There will have to a compromise but it will be money based because that the only language the PL speaks. The fans are collateral damage here and will not be considered to have any significant weight in the result.

This action is however, in my opinion, going to see the end of the PL as we know it, the start of the ESL - (first competitive match there in August 2027) - a rearrangement of the English pyramid and increases in season tickets that dwarf anything we've seen so far.

And why?

Because a regime with a dodgy human rights record but with literally mountains of cash, want to convince the world that they are good guys so long as you look only at their money.

For that reason, they are prepared to destroy a part of our society that has been there for generations. I'm all for evolution and reform where needed, but this goes beyond.

Agree with every word you’re saying.

The City chairman has been on Sky this morning, obviously trying to get ahead of the game citing there needs to be a greater focus on the mental health of players with too many games being played. The hypocrisy and irony on display is staggering. Firstly being lectured on mental health from someone with such abhorrent human rights values and secondly City will be soon travelling all over the world promoting the club during the pre season without any consideration to the players conditions.

The sooner them and their money phuck off, the better.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:17 - Jun 6 with 526 viewsSaintNick

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 08:54 - Jun 6 by saint901

And why?

I could not put it better myself, now is the time to rebalance things up in football, there is a large global audience who want to see a European Super League, so why not give it to them.

There could be two models, the most simple would be to kick out the big 7 and expel them from the Premier League, I dont think the owners would be that bothered in clubs like City, but there would be a lot of their longstanding fans who would hate to see this happen.

A second model could that the clubs could stay in the Premier League but under strict financial rules, but the current owners would have to sell their holdings, but would be allowed to buy the franchise for the ESL & create a new club, ie Manchester Blue Moons & Manchester Unexiting, Liverpool Reds, a name that would differenciate from the current clubs.

In the latter case players would not be interchangeable and would could only play for one team.

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:51 - Jun 6 with 510 viewssaint901

There are many models available but money talks.

The UK fan base of the "big" clubs probably contribute relatively little to income.

For example Liverpool last accounts show "matchday revenue" at around 13% of total revenue, dwarfed by media and commercial revenues. If they were in a ESL, they would probably make much more revenue even if 50% of their fans decided not to watch home games. (Which they won't).

Personally I think it's just too difficult for a team to be in an ESL and the PL. We've already seen how the big clubs warp the rules to suit and any sort of process which puts players into Man City of the PL and Man Blue for the ESL, will be broken within weeks.

I think the clubs will have to choose one or the other. And that will be a decision based on money and not what the fans think.
Man City Launch Legal Battle on 11:13 - Jun 6 with 489 viewsPaleRider

Man City Launch Legal Battle on 10:17 - Jun 6 by SaintNick

I could not put it better myself, now is the time to rebalance things up in football, there is a large global audience who want to see a European Super League, so why not give it to them.

There could be two models, the most simple would be to kick out the big 7 and expel them from the Premier League, I dont think the owners would be that bothered in clubs like City, but there would be a lot of their longstanding fans who would hate to see this happen.

A second model could that the clubs could stay in the Premier League but under strict financial rules, but the current owners would have to sell their holdings, but would be allowed to buy the franchise for the ESL & create a new club, ie Manchester Blue Moons & Manchester Unexiting, Liverpool Reds, a name that would differenciate from the current clubs.

In the latter case players would not be interchangeable and would could only play for one team.

I agree with all the sentiments so far. I just wanted to add a couple of things:

1) In the USA, college football is much more accessible and popular than NFL. I don't think an ESL would have a huge negative impact on English leagues;
2) Nick is right to suggest separation between ESL teams and other members of their franchises in English leagues. Nick's second model is one that I would advocate so as not to punish the true fans of those teams;
3) Back in the 70's & '80's English teams played in European competitions. Today, those teams may be based in Manchester, Liverpool, London but in my view they are not English teams (even clubs like Saints to a certain extent). The ownership is foreign, the managers & players are predominantly foreign and in the case of the big 6 so too are the majority of the fans;
4) The effect of the polarisation has also been devastating for the smaller European leagues - their best players are poached and they often then poach players from Africa.

Given the emotional connection between football clubs and their cities/fans I would like to see an ESL (or even GSL) for the telly watching fan and national leagues for those of us who like to attend live matches.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024