Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Loaned More Money 22:43 - Apr 30 with 1894 viewsSaintNick

I'm getting concerned for Everton, their prospective buyers 777 Partners have loaned them another £17 million which take the debt to them over £200 million.

They also owe £158 million to MSP for the new stadium.

The BBC say:

"BBC Sport understands the club are not taking insolvency advice,, external but are considering ways of restructuring its short-term debt to make it more manageable.

The club owes about £400m to numerous third-party firms, with much of the loans being used towards the building of the new stadium.

It is believed there is currently not a threat of administration as the club remain up to date with payments to stakeholders such as the players, staff, stadium construction company Laing O'Rourke and HMRC.

Everton declined to comment."

It gets worse though

"Meanwhile, 777-owned airline Bonza went into voluntary administration on Tuesday, and the abrupt cancellation of all of its flights left thousands of passengers stranded around Australia.

The BBC is awaiting a statement from 777 regarding Bonza.

In further financial strife, 777's UK public relations advisers have stopped representing the company after the firm did not meet payments on fees and it remains to be seen whether they will re-engage."

Even if they push this deal though I truly fear they will not be good owners for Everton

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Everton Loaned More Money on 23:26 - Apr 30 with 1824 viewssaintmark1976

Don’t make a worry of it Nick.

There is no way that the Premier League the F A or the Referees Union will let Everton go into administration or out of business. There’s too much vested interest in allowing them to play on, just ask Nottingham Forest about the non use of V A R when last they played at Goodison.
Everton Loaned More Money on 11:16 - May 1 with 1548 viewsSouthSeaSaint

The new Everton Stadium could possibly go the same way as the one in Valencia which started in 2007 and was to be 80,000 capacity.
Still unfinished due to financial problems and on a regular basis the capacity becomes reduced, now around 50,000.
I wonder what the building contractors view is?
If I was a contractor I would want guaranteed money upfront before doing any more work.
All that said, it will be a great stadium for Everton but how much the financial burden will affect their ability to attract decent players is another matter.
Puts our £30m to build SMS into some sort of perspective and I suppose Rupert Lowe and his sidekick and Southampton Council deserve a bit of credit for this.
Everton Loaned More Money on 16:31 - May 1 with 1420 viewssolent_toffee

I think anything to do with Everton’s finances are now being sensationalised with almost daily stories saying the club will go into administration and get another nine points deduction etc whilst the likes of Forest and Luton watch on all giddy as they hope it will give them a reprieve from relegation.

I dont want 777 and ideally they will be pushed aside and MSP will take over (they were the original proposed buyers).

I fully expect next season to be as much of a shitshow as the last three, but hopefully with BMD up and running the future will be better and they can re-establish themselves as mid table mediocrity. What a dream that will be.
Everton Loaned More Money on 11:04 - May 11 with 1112 viewsdirk_doone

It's crazy that Everton are still negotiating with 777. If they can't afford to pay Standard Liege players' wages, how on earth do they think they could afford to pay Premier League players?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c1rv19ygje4o

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Everton Loaned More Money on 12:14 - May 11 with 1046 viewssledger

havent 777 already loaned everton 200 million,there going to have to pay that back plus interest,the club is an absolute basket case and gradually digging a deeper hole
Everton Loaned More Money on 16:36 - May 11 with 884 viewsUTS1885

In deep deep trouble with how things have played out with club debt and then the stadium debt. I can see third parties like the loaners taking control of goodison and the new ground unless someone walks in and buys.
Everton Loaned More Money on 23:26 - May 12 with 578 viewsChesham_Saint

You lost me at “concerned for Everton”….

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Everton Loaned More Money on 14:50 - May 15 with 394 viewsSalisburySaint

Everton Loaned More Money on 16:36 - May 11 by UTS1885

In deep deep trouble with how things have played out with club debt and then the stadium debt. I can see third parties like the loaners taking control of goodison and the new ground unless someone walks in and buys.

I know it’s the Sun, but things seem to be getting worse for Everton

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27895562/everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-f
Login to get fewer ads

Everton Loaned More Money on 16:12 - May 15 with 339 viewsSFC_Referee

Everton Loaned More Money on 14:50 - May 15 by SalisburySaint

I know it’s the Sun, but things seem to be getting worse for Everton

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/27895562/everton-new-stadium-bramley-moore-dock-f

Yeah well having a read through that does make you wonder if those points deductions they’ve recently received could only get worse for next season with them having the possibility of starting on -9 points if they do go into administration

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Everton Loaned More Money on 21:15 - May 15 with 215 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Loaned More Money on 16:12 - May 15 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well having a read through that does make you wonder if those points deductions they’ve recently received could only get worse for next season with them having the possibility of starting on -9 points if they do go into administration

There seems to be an almost daily update of further points deductions and administration for Everton. It’s just noise now.

I’ve said before on here that I’d be gutted if Everton did go into administration, not from a football point of view because that would take care of itself. It would be a massive blotch on the club’s reputation locally with loads of jobs being losses and companies getting screwed over, which would be sickening.

From a fans perspective, we all know where we stand. Dyche and the director of football are doing a great job. From a team that could have should have gone down the previous season, they finished 22 points ahead of the third from bottom side, Luton, and are closer to Villa who qualified in the CL places. This without spending any money for the third year on the spin. It will be the same in the summer, a couple of players will be sold, probably Onana and Branthwaite, and the squad will make do.

I’d still back Dyche to keep them in a decent position to see them through to the new stadium, regardless of more points deductions.
Everton Loaned More Money on 21:36 - May 15 with 183 viewsButty101

Everton Loaned More Money on 21:15 - May 15 by solent_toffee

There seems to be an almost daily update of further points deductions and administration for Everton. It’s just noise now.

I’ve said before on here that I’d be gutted if Everton did go into administration, not from a football point of view because that would take care of itself. It would be a massive blotch on the club’s reputation locally with loads of jobs being losses and companies getting screwed over, which would be sickening.

From a fans perspective, we all know where we stand. Dyche and the director of football are doing a great job. From a team that could have should have gone down the previous season, they finished 22 points ahead of the third from bottom side, Luton, and are closer to Villa who qualified in the CL places. This without spending any money for the third year on the spin. It will be the same in the summer, a couple of players will be sold, probably Onana and Branthwaite, and the squad will make do.

I’d still back Dyche to keep them in a decent position to see them through to the new stadium, regardless of more points deductions.

You got lucky this year in that the bottom 4 are so bad . You might get away with it next year with Leicester losing points and Ipswich bound to go back down

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Everton Loaned More Money on 07:29 - May 16 with 98 viewssolent_toffee

Everton Loaned More Money on 21:36 - May 15 by Butty101

You got lucky this year in that the bottom 4 are so bad . You might get away with it next year with Leicester losing points and Ipswich bound to go back down

I think you’re right. They got ‘lucky’ this season in that in previous year getting a right point deduction would have meant certain relegation. As it is, they stand to finish 14 points above the relegation zone even with the deduction as the three promoted teams have been so poor, but they have still finished above Forest and Brentford and would have finished in and around Brighton and Bournemouth had it not been for the points deduction.

My point is that under Dyche, they are half decent and whilst there will be players sold to balance the books, there does seem to be a clear plan.

Early days but I don’t think the two promoted sides or any of the play off teams doing any better than the three who have gone down this season. The gap between the PL and the championship seems to be getting bigger and the PSR nonsense seems to hamstring promoted teams from spending any money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024