Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baz 08:42 - Dec 17 with 2109 viewssaint22

What’s Wussell on about here:

Gavin [Bazunu] had one big save to make which was a rebound, difficult surface, I thought he did great with that.

Our pitch is like a carpet. Why the protection?
Baz on 08:55 - Dec 17 with 2081 viewsPatfromPoole

He got very lucky at that moment.

Their guy had to score from the rebound after Bazunu spilled it.

If he had, the result could have been very different; we didn’t look like scoring at all at that time.

And then we would have been analysing Bazunu for the next week.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 9:05]

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Baz on 09:02 - Dec 17 with 2065 viewskernow

We won. Get over it.
Baz on 09:09 - Dec 17 with 2039 viewsPatfromPoole

We won.

It was a great result.

But Bazunu again showed that long-range shots are a real problem for him. This has already cost us points this season and is a risk for us going forward.

I seriously wonder if he has some kind of vision / sight issue.

Baz on 09:15 - Dec 17 with 2028 viewsHeisenberg

What would you like him to say ?

‘Baz had one simple save to make and he nearly messed it up. I am not impressed.’

14 games unbeaten and all you do is moan. Cheer up ffs.

And the managers name is Russell Martin. Why do you call him something else ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Baz on 09:18 - Dec 17 with 2018 viewsPatfromPoole

Baz on 09:15 - Dec 17 by Heisenberg

‘Baz had one simple save to make and he nearly messed it up. I am not impressed.’

Seriously impressive managers like McKenna at Ipswich just don’t talk the bullshit that Martin does.

It’s as if he has been wired to Chat GPT to put a positive spin on everything.

Apart from when we lose and then he blames the carryover from last season.

Baz on 10:12 - Dec 17 with 1935 viewssaint22

Baz on 09:15 - Dec 17 by Heisenberg

Yep that would work for me because anyone with half a brain knows he is covering him

And I call him Wussell because he strikes me as that type
Baz on 11:14 - Dec 17 with 1862 viewskernow

Thé goalkeeper position is one that needs good options and cover for.
Unfortunately we don’t have that at the moment so make do and mend and manage as best you can.
That’s what he’s doing as far as I can tell.
What would you do?
On second thoughts I don’t want to know.
Baz on 11:37 - Dec 17 with 1829 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 09:18 - Dec 17 by PatfromPoole

Seriously impressive managers like McKenna at Ipswich just don’t talk the bullshit that Martin does.

It’s as if he has been wired to Chat GPT to put a positive spin on everything.

Apart from when we lose and then he blames the carryover from last season.

What do you expect a manager to say, the golden rule for managers is that you dont slag off individual players publicly (Only in exceptional circumstances) goalkeepers more so than anyone.

It was a pivotal moment, the crucial point though is that the ball came through a crowd of players Bazunu would have seen it late, he kept it out, he got up and saved the rebound, he should be applauded not criticised, keepers thrive on confidence that is why Martin talks him up, he made a mistake at Watford, but otherwise in the last few months he has been very good and played a part in what has been the best defence in the Championship since our unbeaten run started on 30th September.

Why is it a problem for Martin to put a positive spin on things, he is trying to build a positive atmosphere around the club after several years of negativity.

I read Mckenna's comments after his clubs draw with Norwich, they don't appear to be much different than the ones that Martin usually makes.

We last lost almost 3 months ago, we have lost only 4 times in the league this season, so apart from a few weeks in September, Martin hasn't blamed the carryover from last season a lot, would that be a fair comment ?

Sorry Pat I love you dearly, but sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Baz on 11:59 - Dec 17 with 1807 viewsPatfromPoole

Baz on 11:37 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

What do you expect a manager to say, the golden rule for managers is that you dont slag off individual players publicly (Only in exceptional circumstances) goalkeepers more so than anyone.

It was a pivotal moment, the crucial point though is that the ball came through a crowd of players Bazunu would have seen it late, he kept it out, he got up and saved the rebound, he should be applauded not criticised, keepers thrive on confidence that is why Martin talks him up, he made a mistake at Watford, but otherwise in the last few months he has been very good and played a part in what has been the best defence in the Championship since our unbeaten run started on 30th September.

Why is it a problem for Martin to put a positive spin on things, he is trying to build a positive atmosphere around the club after several years of negativity.

I read Mckenna's comments after his clubs draw with Norwich, they don't appear to be much different than the ones that Martin usually makes.

We last lost almost 3 months ago, we have lost only 4 times in the league this season, so apart from a few weeks in September, Martin hasn't blamed the carryover from last season a lot, would that be a fair comment ?

Sorry Pat I love you dearly, but sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride,

I am enjoying the ride.

Be boring if we agreed all the time though wouldn’t it 😉

Baz on 13:40 - Dec 17 with 1737 viewsHeisenberg

Baz on 10:12 - Dec 17 by saint22

Yep that would work for me because anyone with half a brain knows he is covering him

And I call him Wussell because he strikes me as that type

So you would like the manager to publicly criticise the keeper ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Baz on 14:22 - Dec 17 with 1700 viewsSouthamptonfan

RM was right when he said at the pre-season fans' forum that we have a good keeper. Bazunu has got better and better, his confidence has grown and he has become arrogant with it (in a good way). He is still only young too. His distribution is great and he is becoming a fans' favourite in the stadium. I wasn't sure about him to begin with, but I really like him now.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 14:24]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Baz on 18:57 - Dec 17 with 1580 viewsfelly1

Baz on 14:22 - Dec 17 by Southamptonfan

RM was right when he said at the pre-season fans' forum that we have a good keeper. Bazunu has got better and better, his confidence has grown and he has become arrogant with it (in a good way). He is still only young too. His distribution is great and he is becoming a fans' favourite in the stadium. I wasn't sure about him to begin with, but I really like him now.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 14:24]

He's definitely improved and grown in confidence this season.
I'm still a little nervy when teams are popping long shots at our goal but I think he'll get better and better now.
Baz on 20:34 - Dec 17 with 1499 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 11:59 - Dec 17 by PatfromPoole

I am enjoying the ride.

Be boring if we agreed all the time though wouldn’t it 😉

Absolutely

Just as long as you realise that I am actually right all of the time lol

Baz on 20:49 - Dec 17 with 1485 viewsgrumpy

I admit I have been a critic of him, but recently he seems more confident .
His distribution( as long as its not too near the other teams players close to his box) is outstanding and hes commanding his box more
I'm a bit worried on two fronts,one Premiership clubs might take an interest two we don't have adequate cover if he gets a injury.
Baz on 21:18 - Dec 17 with 1465 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 20:49 - Dec 17 by grumpy

I admit I have been a critic of him, but recently he seems more confident .
His distribution( as long as its not too near the other teams players close to his box) is outstanding and hes commanding his box more
I'm a bit worried on two fronts,one Premiership clubs might take an interest two we don't have adequate cover if he gets a injury.

No one seemed to give him any leeway last season that he was a 19 year old kid thrown behind an ever changing poor defence, many wrote him off without putting it all into perspective.

He is dropping down a level and he has a bit more experience and his confidence, he will get better

Baz on 21:36 - Dec 17 with 1443 viewsButty101

Baz on 21:18 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

No one seemed to give him any leeway last season that he was a 19 year old kid thrown behind an ever changing poor defence, many wrote him off without putting it all into perspective.

He is dropping down a level and he has a bit more experience and his confidence, he will get better

The fans didnt ask for saints to burn a huge sum on money on an in experienced keeper last season. There where plenty of decent cheaper options available. Its another example of Saints trying to be to clever. He played a big part in taking us down. Hes hardly shone this season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Baz on 21:45 - Dec 17 with 1434 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 21:36 - Dec 17 by Butty101

The fans didnt ask for saints to burn a huge sum on money on an in experienced keeper last season. There where plenty of decent cheaper options available. Its another example of Saints trying to be to clever. He played a big part in taking us down. Hes hardly shone this season.

What has what the fans asked for got to do with his form this season ?

Bazunu didn't play a big part in taking us down, that was shown when Alex McCarthy came into the side for the last 6 games of the season, we lost the first 5 and drew just one conceding 17 goals.

That was a worse record than Bazunu's, that proved it wasn't the goalkeeper that was the main issue but the defence in front of him..

It wasn't his fault that he was thrown to the Wolves and for that matter another 18 teams in the premier league, yes you cant seem to forgive him.

I disagree, yes early in the season he was understandably a bit shaky, but then again so was his defence, once that was sorted he has been fairly solid since and of course every keeper makes the odd mistake.

He has spent long periods in games with little do do, but he is getting his distribution game together and he has been superb with one on ones

To say he has hardly shone in what is now the tightest defence in the League is a bit uncharitable

Baz on 21:53 - Dec 17 with 1422 viewsButty101

Baz on 21:45 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

Bazunu didn't play a big part in taking us down, that was shown when Alex McCarthy came into the side for the last 6 games of the season, we lost the first 5 and drew just one conceding 17 goals.

That was a worse record than Bazunu's, that proved it wasn't the goalkeeper that was the main issue but the defence in front of him..

It wasn't his fault that he was thrown to the Wolves and for that matter another 18 teams in the premier league, yes you cant seem to forgive him.

I disagree, yes early in the season he was understandably a bit shaky, but then again so was his defence, once that was sorted he has been fairly solid since and of course every keeper makes the odd mistake.

He has spent long periods in games with little do do, but he is getting his distribution game together and he has been superb with one on ones

To say he has hardly shone in what is now the tightest defence in the League is a bit uncharitable

You said the fans didnt give him leeway last season. Hence my comment.

I didnt say Mccarthy was the answer. Keeping Fraser Forster might have been (he was inspired the prevoius season when he got back in to the team), signing Henderson would have seen us stay up.

I keep reading about Gaz's amazing passing but he only has a pass completion rate of 56%
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 22:01]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Baz on 22:00 - Dec 17 with 1408 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 21:53 - Dec 17 by Butty101

You said the fans didnt give him leeway last season. Hence my comment.

I didnt say Mccarthy was the answer. Keeping Fraser Forster might have been (he was inspired the prevoius season when he got back in to the team), signing Henderson would have seen us stay up.

I keep reading about Gaz's amazing passing but he only has a pass completion rate of 56%
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 22:01]

He doesn't need leeway this season, just like most of the squad, to be judged since we started this unbeaten run

Baz on 12:35 - Dec 18 with 1250 viewsHollywood56

Baz on 21:45 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

I can't believe that you compare BAZ with McCarthy!, If you wanted to score against McCarthy just aim at either post (mostly his near side one) he was absolutely useless, it amazes me that he was able to keep Forster out of the team, who incidentally was excellent at Celtic and Spurs when we let him go TWICE!!!!!
Baz on 14:37 - Dec 18 with 1205 viewsPatfromPoole

Baz on 22:00 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

He doesn't need leeway this season, just like most of the squad, to be judged since we started this unbeaten run

Players should in my opinion be analysed over all the games, not just the ones when we don't lose.

I think Bazunu is pretty good with his feet, his long passing is often very good and you can see he has worked at Man. City.

He is also a pretty good close range shot-stopper.

I think his big weakness is shots from 18 yards or more out; he seems to have a problem in judging the speed of the shot.

As I have said elsewhere, I genuinely wonder if there is a vision problem which is impacting on his ability to save long-range efforts. Forster often had the same problem.

Baz on 14:43 - Dec 18 with 1196 viewsSaintNick

Baz on 14:37 - Dec 18 by PatfromPoole

Players should in my opinion be analysed over all the games, not just the ones when we don't lose.

I think Bazunu is pretty good with his feet, his long passing is often very good and you can see he has worked at Man. City.

He is also a pretty good close range shot-stopper.

I think his big weakness is shots from 18 yards or more out; he seems to have a problem in judging the speed of the shot.

As I have said elsewhere, I genuinely wonder if there is a vision problem which is impacting on his ability to save long-range efforts. Forster often had the same problem.

Perhaps, but he seemed to have sorted it out at Coventry with that stop in the last minute

Baz on 15:40 - Dec 18 with 1166 viewsPatfromPoole

Baz on 14:43 - Dec 18 by SaintNick

Perhaps, but he seemed to have sorted it out at Coventry with that stop in the last minute

That was a shot from inside the area, wasn’t it??

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024