Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict 13:35 - Nov 30 with 1522 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict 30th Nov 2023 13:33
Saints fans will consider this a game of two halves and that their team was poor in the first half and good in the second, but that would be a little unfair on the visitors who came to firstly clamp down on the game and secondly to go on the break. 16

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 14:19 - Nov 30 with 1445 viewsPatfromPoole

I note a digging in of heels on Manning.

He very nearly cost us the game in the second-half with a terrible pass until Downes bailed him out.

People aren't negative about him as part of some vendetta.

They are negative about him as he simply isn't very good.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 15:06 - Nov 30 with 1393 viewsSonicBoom

Agreed Pat. Also it says "we are not there for excitement" well frankly I am. If I am only interested in the final result you might as well stay home and watch the Sky results show. Football is only fun for the emotion and excitement, or have I got that wrong.
Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 16:01 - Nov 30 with 1337 viewsTimSaint

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 14:19 - Nov 30 by PatfromPoole

He very nearly cost us the game in the second-half with a terrible pass until Downes bailed him out.

The chance BC had in the 1st half, where Baz somehow managed to claw it off the line was down to Manning not marking. The BC right winger was in absolute acres and put in a lovely ball that they nearly scored from.

Manning was busy playing Centre Back near the penalty spot and a good 20 - 30 yards from the man he was supposed to be marking. Not sure whether he though S Arm should be picking him up or not, but the fact that he finally realised he was free and went to close him down, suggests it was his fault !!

He did make an excellent and well timed block though, but perhaps that compensated for the already mentioned awful pass that gifted BC the break that FD bailed him out from.

It was quite a frustrating night. Way too much sideways and backwards passing. Lots of it look automatic, with multiple players not even looking to see if there was a forward option, before quickly releasing the ball. Often we would get to the BC box and then go all the way back.

Sulemana probably feined injury to come off !! He looked dejected after just 10 mins, as nobody was passing to him !!

We gave the ball away far too often, usually because of poor control, or trying to be too clever.

I don't think the ref like KWP, giving too many fouls against him and a yellow, then not giving a free kick when he was hacked down close to the edge of the 18 yard box in the first half. Still, he had the last laugh.

We were often camped in the BC half, between the half way line and their 18 yard box, but despite numerous passes and openings created, nobody seemed to want to take the responsibility of shooting or crossing. We were all desperate for the 2nd goal, as was RM, but nobody seemed willing. Perhaps KWP decided to shoot, despite the possibly bollocking for daring to shoot from outside the box with his wrong foot !! :-)

A just about deserved win in the end, but the lack on the 2nd goal to kill the game off, kept the fans, players and management team on tenterhooks til the final whistle.

Another win and clean sheet v Cardiff on Saturday please lads !!

TimSaint

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 16:29 - Nov 30 with 1312 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 16:01 - Nov 30 by TimSaint

The chance BC had in the 1st half, where Baz somehow managed to claw it off the line was down to Manning not marking. The BC right winger was in absolute acres and put in a lovely ball that they nearly scored from.

Manning was busy playing Centre Back near the penalty spot and a good 20 - 30 yards from the man he was supposed to be marking. Not sure whether he though S Arm should be picking him up or not, but the fact that he finally realised he was free and went to close him down, suggests it was his fault !!

He did make an excellent and well timed block though, but perhaps that compensated for the already mentioned awful pass that gifted BC the break that FD bailed him out from.

It was quite a frustrating night. Way too much sideways and backwards passing. Lots of it look automatic, with multiple players not even looking to see if there was a forward option, before quickly releasing the ball. Often we would get to the BC box and then go all the way back.

Sulemana probably feined injury to come off !! He looked dejected after just 10 mins, as nobody was passing to him !!

We gave the ball away far too often, usually because of poor control, or trying to be too clever.

I don't think the ref like KWP, giving too many fouls against him and a yellow, then not giving a free kick when he was hacked down close to the edge of the 18 yard box in the first half. Still, he had the last laugh.

We were often camped in the BC half, between the half way line and their 18 yard box, but despite numerous passes and openings created, nobody seemed to want to take the responsibility of shooting or crossing. We were all desperate for the 2nd goal, as was RM, but nobody seemed willing. Perhaps KWP decided to shoot, despite the possibly bollocking for daring to shoot from outside the box with his wrong foot !! :-)

A just about deserved win in the end, but the lack on the 2nd goal to kill the game off, kept the fans, players and management team on tenterhooks til the final whistle.

Another win and clean sheet v Cardiff on Saturday please lads !!

If he feigned injury then fair play to him for going method. He's out 2-3 months.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 16:36 - Nov 30 with 1296 viewsCity_boy

It was all still still too slow with little end product for me.

I watched Smallbone when he came on last night (admittedly he only had around 12 mins). I reckon the majority of his passes were backwards. It was like watching a reincarnation of Ray Wilkins.

What I would like to see is the team to play like they did after the Huddersfield equaliser last week. They still kept the ball, but it was more purposeful, direct and they probably had more chances in that last 10 mins than the previous 80 mins.
Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 16:58 - Nov 30 with 1271 viewscocklebreath

Nicks got his new favourite and surprise surprise it’s our worst player, always looking out for the underdog or just enjoys winding up his fellow saints fans?
I reckon the latter.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 18:57 - Nov 30 with 1139 viewskernow

Enjoyed the result but hard to watch it must be said.
The game would have been much more enjoyable with the cushion of a second goal.
Saints fans are used to and expect disappointment, so last night’s clean sheet was thoroughly enjoyable.
Good performances from Bazunu, Walker Peters, Bednarek, Charles, Harwood Bellis, Downes and Alcatraz I thought.
Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 21:36 - Nov 30 with 1024 viewssaint22

Southampton V Bristol City The Verdict on 14:19 - Nov 30 by PatfromPoole

Why the "in support of Manning" paragraph
Thou doth protest too much
He is simply not good enough PLUS Bree has performed very well in the position so didn't deserve dropping
As has been said before its easy to see why Swansea eagerly let him leave
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024