Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No sign of Ross Stewart 18:53 - Nov 29 with 5560 viewsGRIM

Ross Stewart not in squad to face Bristol tonight, WHY.
Is he injured again.
If we're afraid to play him we should not have bought him.
No sign of Ross Stewart on 14:24 - Nov 30 with 1052 viewsButty101

No sign of Ross Stewart on 13:37 - Nov 30 by SaintNick

We took a gamble, it has paid off as we are 4th in the League and unbeaten in 10 games out of the 14 that he has been able to play in, he will be a big asset in the next few months.

The alternative was not signing him and risk him going elsewhere and then losing Che Adams in January for peanuts and having to go big over the odds on his replacement

That is just a ridiculous statement The only impact he has had is on the expense of our monthly wage bill and the treatment room. Saints sitting 4th has nothing to do with him what so ever. You could argue by being a forward down he has impacted us in a negative way, as the goals he was signed to score could of resulted in us being in the top two.

I could well see a scenario where we get promoted and hes not good enough for the prem so is loaned out next season if hes managed to get fit.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

No sign of Ross Stewart on 15:00 - Nov 30 with 1009 viewsGRIM

No sign of Ross Stewart on 14:24 - Nov 30 by Butty101

That is just a ridiculous statement The only impact he has had is on the expense of our monthly wage bill and the treatment room. Saints sitting 4th has nothing to do with him what so ever. You could argue by being a forward down he has impacted us in a negative way, as the goals he was signed to score could of resulted in us being in the top two.

I could well see a scenario where we get promoted and hes not good enough for the prem so is loaned out next season if hes managed to get fit.

It looked like a crazy signing at the time & it looks even crazier now.
It's not even as if he's a young player with lots of time & potential, he's 27 & hasn't played a full match for an awful long time.
If we bought him in to put pressure on Che Adams then it's had the adverse affect,
I reckon we'll have to sign another striker in January to get into the play offs.
No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:00 - Nov 30 with 940 viewscocklebreath

Sell Adams and Sullemana and buy a top not injured striker in January and bring the youngster back into squad, ame whatever his name is

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:33 - Nov 30 with 925 viewsPatfromPoole

Throw money at Blackburn in January for Sammie Szmodics.

Sell Adams and Mara.

Sign a left-back.

Simples.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:47 - Nov 30 with 908 viewsInTimeAddedOn

No sign of Ross Stewart on 15:00 - Nov 30 by GRIM

It looked like a crazy signing at the time & it looks even crazier now.
It's not even as if he's a young player with lots of time & potential, he's 27 & hasn't played a full match for an awful long time.
If we bought him in to put pressure on Che Adams then it's had the adverse affect,
I reckon we'll have to sign another striker in January to get into the play offs.

I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I can see this one possibly going the same way as Jay Rodrigues. Similar type of injury scenario, Jay was out for ages then had recovery set backs even though we managed his recovery with caution, in the end when did get back he got moved on so someone else got the benefit after we had stumped up for his wages and treatment costs which ties in with what has been said above.

I agree, I think we will need to bring in more firepower in January, we might as well shift Che on in January and get something back to reinvest as Che is not going to give us a goal return like AA is doing so let him go and score 4 goals between Jan > May at Wolves or Everton and get in someone who can finish the chances we are creating. Amo Ayew looked an excellent prospect early doors but I guess his direct style does not really suit the 30 pass tailored goal style RM loves so much. I’d love to see him get a chance though.

I see Blackburn have just secured Szmodics on a brand new 5 year contract which is a clever bit of business just over 4 weeks before the Jan window opens. Not sure who we go for but one thing for sure is we are walking too many 1-0 tightropes by not putting opponents to the sword so one mistake such as Huddersfield or Rotherham can end up costing us valuable points
No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 891 viewsPatfromPoole

No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:47 - Nov 30 by InTimeAddedOn

I will be happy to be proved wrong, but I can see this one possibly going the same way as Jay Rodrigues. Similar type of injury scenario, Jay was out for ages then had recovery set backs even though we managed his recovery with caution, in the end when did get back he got moved on so someone else got the benefit after we had stumped up for his wages and treatment costs which ties in with what has been said above.

I agree, I think we will need to bring in more firepower in January, we might as well shift Che on in January and get something back to reinvest as Che is not going to give us a goal return like AA is doing so let him go and score 4 goals between Jan > May at Wolves or Everton and get in someone who can finish the chances we are creating. Amo Ayew looked an excellent prospect early doors but I guess his direct style does not really suit the 30 pass tailored goal style RM loves so much. I’d love to see him get a chance though.

I see Blackburn have just secured Szmodics on a brand new 5 year contract which is a clever bit of business just over 4 weeks before the Jan window opens. Not sure who we go for but one thing for sure is we are walking too many 1-0 tightropes by not putting opponents to the sword so one mistake such as Huddersfield or Rotherham can end up costing us valuable points

Damn Blackburn and their shrewdness.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 891 viewsfelly1

No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:00 - Nov 30 by cocklebreath

Sell Adams and Sullemana and buy a top not injured striker in January and bring the youngster back into squad, ame whatever his name is

Bring back Tall Paul.. 7 goals in 9 games in the Turkish top division.
Surely he'd score plenty in the Championship.
I
No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:32 - Nov 30 with 865 viewsGRIM

No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:08 - Nov 30 by felly1

I

Don't think there's much chance of Tall Paul coming back, he is not the sort of player that RM likes.
Plus I'm not sure what his loan contract terms are, he may be contracted out for a full season.
But I agree that if you get the ball into the box & he'll score goals, he never had a fair crack in the time he was here.
Login to get fewer ads

No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:36 - Nov 30 with 864 viewsGRIM

I

Don't think there's much chance of Tall Paul coming back, he is not the sort of player that RM likes.
Plus I'm not sure what his loan contract terms are, he may be contracted out for a full season.
But I agree that if you get the ball into the box & he'll score goals, he never had a fair crack in the time he was here.
No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:55 - Nov 30 with 855 viewsgrumpy

No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:36 - Nov 30 by GRIM

I believe Tall Paul is on a season loan while we wait for our injured striker.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 18:55]
No sign of Ross Stewart on 20:10 - Nov 30 with 823 viewssaintmark1976

We took a gamble, it has paid off as we are 4th in the League and unbeaten in 10 games out of the 14 that he has been able to play in, he will be a big asset in the next few months.

The alternative was not signing him and risk him going elsewhere and then losing Che Adams in January for peanuts and having to go big over the odds on his replacement

Nick, honestly mate had you been reading on behalf of S F C the Comical Ali Book of how to do Public Relations before making this contribution?

To date the signing of Stewart has been an unmitigated disaster and most sensible fans are of that opinion.

Older fans see a similarity to when we signed Charlie George and Perry Groves, both of which were injured and never recovered to play to their previous potential.

Poll: On which date will we be relegated ?

No sign of Ross Stewart on 20:36 - Nov 30 with 782 viewssaint22

No sign of Ross Stewart on 17:33 - Nov 30 by PatfromPoole

Throw money at Blackburn in January for Sammie Szmodics.

Sell Adams and Mara.

Sign a left-back.

Simples.

Exactly this
We won’t
We are crap at transfers where strikers are concerned (pelle exc)
No sign of Ross Stewart on 21:31 - Nov 30 with 736 viewsRon11

No sign of Ross Stewart on 20:36 - Nov 30 by saint22

Exactly this
We won’t
We are crap at transfers where strikers are concerned (pelle exc)

The problem is, that we have yet another manager who wants to piss about passing the ball about in our own half instead of getting up the field into the opposition box.
We have good players who are being under utilised.
No sign of Ross Stewart on 23:44 - Nov 30 with 685 viewshedgeend61

I

No, leave him alone, he's found his level.

Doubt it, Che scored 5 PL goals, looks useless this season,
Paul got lucky just playing in the PL.

Watched Marseille v Ajax tonight 4-3, Brian Brobbey looks some player up front in a poor Ajax side, take a look a the 2 goals 3min& 6min, he'll play higher level.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=+marseille+v+ajax+highlight
No sign of Ross Stewart on 08:30 - Dec 1 with 583 viewsgrumpy

No sign of Ross Stewart on 23:44 - Nov 30 by hedgeend61

No, leave him alone, he's found his level.

Doubt it, Che scored 5 PL goals, looks useless this season,
Paul got lucky just playing in the PL.

Watched Marseille v Ajax tonight 4-3, Brian Brobbey looks some player up front in a poor Ajax side, take a look a the 2 goals 3min& 6min, he'll play higher level.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=+marseille+v+ajax+highlight

I’m sure Paul is devastated he’s not playing in the Championship.
No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:45 - Dec 1 with 452 viewsMattFinish

Nick we could have not signed a player who had been out long term with a nasty injury and was still nowhere fit and saved our money until January
Che going is going to make no difference at all
No sign of Ross Stewart on 19:31 - Dec 1 with 440 viewssaint22

No sign of Ross Stewart on 18:45 - Dec 1 by MattFinish

Nick we could have not signed a player who had been out long term with a nasty injury and was still nowhere fit and saved our money until January
Che going is going to make no difference at all

che offers nothing, he proves that with every game & should have gone in the summer, who will buy him now?

We will muddle thru as always, it is SO obvious its painful
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024