Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sin-bins to be trialed… 22:25 - Nov 28 with 3402 viewsSFC_Referee

Well what do people make of this then?…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67549886

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 18:09 - Dec 1 with 352 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 20:35 - Nov 30 by Buggalugs

I agree there is a serious issue at grass roots with respecting refs and I’m amazed anyone would want to put themselves through it. It's much harder to protect refs at that level as they’re often completely isolated, with thicko chavvy players/parents trying to intimidate them by being verbally and even physically abusive. I get it, it’s a really tough gig.

Professional refs however don’t have to face that level of intimidation and know they can assert their authority on a game without the threat of violence. Dissent can be nipped in the bud quickly, but they and their bosses prefer to be weak and pander to the millionaire players/managers, so have only got themselves to blame.

Well you say all of that but this is what the sin-bin is meant to go against, as for how dissents been dealt with before I completely agree with everything you’ve said, but now they are doing stuff about it (like when Taylor sent off the Brighton captain the other day, which I sure did love to see!) and this sin-bin is one of those things.
As yeah they are two separate experiences and very different indeed, but the issue is that it’s all the dissent that starts at the top drags all the way down to the bottom and so often when refs try to deal with it there players just ask “why don’t you see this at the top” as other than when I’ve been called a cheating c*nt, I think almost every time I’ve double sin-binned or given someone a straight red for dissent they always raise that point. But this sin bin is so that it all stops at the top and will work its way down to the bottom and stop there as well, as after that Brighton lad got sent off well it removes anyone being able to tell me that you don’t see it in the prem for the next few months.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024