Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here 10:45 - Nov 7 with 1957 viewsSaintNick

Seems that we all like a good moan better than praising our team

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:02 - Nov 7 with 1907 viewskingslandstand1

Wait til the weekend, tougher game than Millwall
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:59 - Nov 7 with 1852 viewsChesham_Saint

You asked (some might say, begged) people not to judge him on the string of losses and yet now we’re being asked to do the same on a string of good results.

I’m still reserving judgement . As has already been said, let’s see how we do at the weekend…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 13:58 - Nov 7 with 1802 viewssaint22

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:02 - Nov 7 by kingslandstand1

Wait til the weekend, tougher game than Millwall

exactly this
WBA will be a true test of RM and this team
What side he picks will indicate how we go about things and at home we can easily get nervy and sideways etc
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 14:11 - Nov 7 with 1795 viewsA1079

We have had a run of good results which I am really pleased about and I am enjoying watching football again but I still reserve judgement. The results have not always been matched by the performance - at Hull, I would say that there was not much between the teams, at Preston we were fortunate and at Millwall (as much as I enjoyed the day) both sides were poor in the first half. We are still not clinical enough and we don't take advantage when we are on top. That said, many, many teams have won things by getting 1-0 wins or just getting by and for that I am not complaining.

The other thing is this. Ralph would string a line of good results and performances together and we would all think we had cracked it only to be followed by a loss which would then morph into a long run of defeats, some of them embarrassing. Lets see how we react when we have a set back - this Saturday will be a good test.

I am happy with the football overall, pleased that we can go to a game knowing we can at least challenge and not just surviving and enjoying the championship because it does not have all that media and VAR sh*t and you can focus on the football alone. Many of the players look like they are playing for the team and not looking to leave or try and impress when they play a Liverpool etc and then not be ar*ed when it is a less well known team. Our performances have been ok and occasionally even good at times but we are along way from being the complete article. The support is better now we are out of the PL - it feels like we have a good fan base who are really behind the team and we and the players have reconnected and if RM is a big part of achieving that, then good for him. If I was to mark the season thus far out of 10 I would probably give it a 6!
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 14:53 - Nov 7 with 1760 viewssaint901

I think like many others, I'm wary of judging the manager and the team on a run of results that are at this time of the season pleasing but not decisive.

I'm not a fan of RM because I think he does not have that killer attitude that is the difference between staying in this league and getting promoted. I think he is a few percent short and prone perhaps to believing that his way of playing is right on every occasion, when it's not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see us win matches even when we're playing below our best but the dog days of January and February will be telling.

If we're in the top two and 10 points clear come April, I'll start to believe I was wrong.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 15:08 - Nov 7 with 1753 viewsSaintNick

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 14:53 - Nov 7 by saint901

I think like many others, I'm wary of judging the manager and the team on a run of results that are at this time of the season pleasing but not decisive.

I'm not a fan of RM because I think he does not have that killer attitude that is the difference between staying in this league and getting promoted. I think he is a few percent short and prone perhaps to believing that his way of playing is right on every occasion, when it's not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see us win matches even when we're playing below our best but the dog days of January and February will be telling.

If we're in the top two and 10 points clear come April, I'll start to believe I was wrong.

With due respect people were not wary of judging him when he had 4 defeats, in the other 11 games he has won 8 and drawn 3 but these are not decisive enough to judge him on.

So far he has amassed 27 points from 15 games thats 1.80 per game, that would give us 82 points at the end of the season, more than enough to get in the play offs and on the fringes of the automatic spots.

This is a steady start in difficult times

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 16:10 - Nov 7 with 1719 viewsCity_boy

Still not 100% convinced, but have seen some signs that he is changing.

Can't help thinking that we have had a number of 'late show' escapes and fortunate in others (e.g. Norwich,QPR, Preston).
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 17:17 - Nov 7 with 1667 viewsGRIM

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 15:08 - Nov 7 by SaintNick

With due respect people were not wary of judging him when he had 4 defeats, in the other 11 games he has won 8 and drawn 3 but these are not decisive enough to judge him on.

So far he has amassed 27 points from 15 games thats 1.80 per game, that would give us 82 points at the end of the season, more than enough to get in the play offs and on the fringes of the automatic spots.

This is a steady start in difficult times

Recent results have been better than the performances but there are green shoots.
We've stopped leaking goals with less mistakes being made.
Still not convincing up front, just not clinical enough.
BUT, with the squad we have I think we could be better with a more experienced manager / coach (whatever RM's official title is).
We're only a quarter of the way thru the season so I will judge RM at end of season he's still with us.
Login to get fewer ads

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 17:52 - Nov 7 with 1638 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 16:10 - Nov 7 by City_boy

Can't help thinking that we have had a number of 'late show' escapes and fortunate in others (e.g. Norwich,QPR, Preston).

Too early yet to judge, I did initially think it was a pity we played Leicester & Ipswich at home so early in the season because if we had to lose those games then it would have been better to have played them away and lost so we still had the home advantage later in the season. However, the way things are going, perhaps that is not the case. Much has been said on other threads about the the home support v away support in terms of the sheer quality of it away from home and also the much more fragile, edgy atmosphere at SMS if things are not going well. So, maybe having to go away to the current top two will actually be to our advantage especially if we can continue to wear teams out and get 90+2/3/4 min winning goals, playing those games away might actually suit us and our brilliant travelling army of supporters.
A neighbour of mine is a Millwall ST holder, never heard him give as much as a morsel of praise to any opponent - bumped into him this morning and his opening comment was: Your support on Saturday, •••• me, different class, ••••img magnificent! Football’s a bit poncey for my liking though… Given the character he is, I’ll take that as you don’t really argue with him when it comes to Millwall!
On a different note, I see Football League World are linking us with a move for the ex-Blackburn striker Ben Brereton Diaz as a replacement for Adams. https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/a-major-boost-to-their-promotion-chances-south
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 18:43 - Nov 7 with 1601 viewsBerber

Until recently, we had largely been leaking goals and losing to shabby to mediocre sides. We have seldom looked convincing winners against a generally poor series of sides. Even when we beat Leeds they were plain shocking.

It is certainly very pleasant to see us Winnig a few games, and the old adage, you can only neat what you are up against. Not losing to also rans is better than getting beat, but until we have a majority of wins against the top 5 or 6, given that just about every pundit acknowledges that we have about the best squad, that will be the proof of a good job done.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 21:27 - Nov 7 with 1516 viewsButty101

We have had 2 good results this season. You keeping saying we have the best squad yet we are 4th with a goal difference of 0.
Leicester had just as much turmoil this summer but spent wisely and have hit the ground running.
If we sat first or second today it would be cause for excitement but we are not.

At least RM is showing signs of being pragmatic.

Our summer transfer business isn’t looking to clever with none of the permanent signings able to get In the team

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 08:01 - Nov 8 with 1428 viewsTripleNiemi

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:59 - Nov 7 by Chesham_Saint

You asked (some might say, begged) people not to judge him on the string of losses and yet now we’re being asked to do the same on a string of good results.

I’m still reserving judgement . As has already been said, let’s see how we do at the weekend…

This

To date I have made no comment with regards to the manager and won’t until we are a good way through the campaign. Tis a long old season so let’s judge when we are nearing the final furlong.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 10:53 - Nov 8 with 1397 viewsgrumpy

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:59 - Nov 7 by Chesham_Saint

This.
Not convinced yet, but must admit the team shows character.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 10:52 - Nov 9 with 1236 viewsHollywood56

If you call 82% possession and only scoring in the 94th minute doing well, making 988 passes backwards is not good football.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 12:17 - Nov 9 with 1225 viewssaintwizzler

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 10:52 - Nov 9 by Hollywood56

If you call 82% possession and only scoring in the 94th minute doing well, making 988 passes backwards is not good football.

Scoring more goals than the opposition is the object.
Wether that’s with 1000 passes or 10 passes.

Last 6 games - 4 wins, 2 draws.

4th in the league.

RUSSELL MARCHES ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 13:05 - Nov 9 with 1208 viewsfranniesTache

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 10:53 - Nov 8 by grumpy

This.
Not convinced yet, but must admit the team shows character.

my opinion hasn't really changed, we're a play off side, with a play off standard manager, who are fairly predictable to play against, but have enough quality to beat the majority of sides in the league.

We will almost certainly finish in the play offs, and i expect us to lose the first play off game because I don't think the player or manager have the right character for knock out football.

I'm less sure if that's a bad thing or not though - since job losses aside - i prefer the champtionship
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 19:01 - Nov 9 with 1090 viewsfelly1

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 13:05 - Nov 9 by franniesTache

my opinion hasn't really changed, we're a play off side, with a play off standard manager, who are fairly predictable to play against, but have enough quality to beat the majority of sides in the league.

We will almost certainly finish in the play offs, and i expect us to lose the first play off game because I don't think the player or manager have the right character for knock out football.

I'm less sure if that's a bad thing or not though - since job losses aside - i prefer the champtionship

Pretty much agree with all of this.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 1071 viewsgrumpy

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 13:05 - Nov 9 by franniesTache

I think the January transfer window will be crucial.
Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 21:08 - Nov 9 with 1035 viewsSFC_Referee

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 16:10 - Nov 7 by City_boy

As much as I’m also not fully convinced, all these “late shows” aren’t down to luck, as getting a lucky last minute equaliser/winner over the 11 games we’ve gotten a result out of, would be happened something like once or twice (as the Bazunu one sure was lucky and same for the Norwich one), but the fact that we’ve gotten more results so far this season last minute equalisers/winners (with it being 6 of the 11 games), than we have without them, just shows it ain’t luck.
As it’s down to squad depth and our tactics tiring out the opposition. As at first I also thought it was luck, and wasn’t certain that it was down to tactics, but for how consistently it’s been happening since, it’s proven that it’s got nothing to do with luck.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 06:15 - Nov 10 with 985 viewssaintwizzler

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 21:08 - Nov 9 by SFC_Referee

As much as I’m also not fully convinced, all these “late shows” aren’t down to luck, as getting a lucky last minute equaliser/winner over the 11 games we’ve gotten a result out of, would be happened something like once or twice (as the Bazunu one sure was lucky and same for the Norwich one), but the fact that we’ve gotten more results so far this season last minute equalisers/winners (with it being 6 of the 11 games), than we have without them, just shows it ain’t luck.
As it’s down to squad depth and our tactics tiring out the opposition. As at first I also thought it was luck, and wasn’t certain that it was down to tactics, but for how consistently it’s been happening since, it’s proven that it’s got nothing to do with luck.

A plus in our style of play is that one can nip down for a relaxing tom tit and not miss much goalmouth action (I find the first half best).
But for the love of sweet baby b’Jesus check there’s some bog roll before commencing ejection.

During the Rotherham game I was caught out and had to use one of my socks.
I ended the day with a badly blistered heel, caused by friction from my Lonsdale pumps on BARE FLESH.

WE WIPE ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 06:48 - Nov 10 with 980 viewscocklebreath

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 06:15 - Nov 10 by saintwizzler

A plus in our style of play is that one can nip down for a relaxing tom tit and not miss much goalmouth action (I find the first half best).
But for the love of sweet baby b’Jesus check there’s some bog roll before commencing ejection.

I ended the day with a badly blistered heel, caused by friction from my Lonsdale pumps on BARE FLESH.

WE WIPE ON

If wearing a Lonsdale pump a shop mobility is a must thus reducing the possibility of blisters

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 07:14 - Nov 10 with 971 viewsBerber

Now Things Are Going Well It's Very Quiet On Here on 06:15 - Nov 10 by saintwizzler

WE WIPE ON

Once, whilst contracting, I calculated how much I was being paid to take a dump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024