Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14,572 07:20 - Oct 5 with 6816 viewsWhiterockin

Last nights attendance, make all the excuses you like but this is poor. Take into consideration that this is tickets sold, so the actual attendance was far less .Plymouth we have sold out again for an away match, but don't seem able to get the gates at home. It's not the middle of winter, Norwich were a top six club at the time of kick off, we didn't have two home games in a week, it's not the holiday season, we won our previous two matches, so what is the reason and what do the club need to do about it.
14,572 on 16:32 - Oct 6 with 810 viewsSullutaCreturned

14,572 on 15:23 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

My point is the population of Swansea Bay SHOUlD be enough to see us match the attendances of small cities like Norwich and indeed Ipswich .
I truly feel it is not about money . When we have been on the rise ,in the past, our gates have always been commensurate with that success and flow .
Duff has to start almost from scratch and we can only stick with him ( for now).

I get your point but then, people also do a lot of other things these days too. Sports and pastimes are more easily accessible for many people than they were 40 years ago and money will often decide who does what. Then there is the red button. We were all set to go Wednesday (being season ticket holders) but then me and the missus had a barney, I was feeling tred already because I'm up at 5am every morning so I sad sod it and watched on tv.

If they make more concessions it may draw a few in but still a lot of people will look at their budget before they decide.

Not to forget that at the moment we are hardly "on the rise" and I'm quite sure that if we start to fly again more people will turn up.
14,572 on 17:04 - Oct 6 with 789 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 16:32 - Oct 6 by SullutaCreturned

I get your point but then, people also do a lot of other things these days too. Sports and pastimes are more easily accessible for many people than they were 40 years ago and money will often decide who does what. Then there is the red button. We were all set to go Wednesday (being season ticket holders) but then me and the missus had a barney, I was feeling tred already because I'm up at 5am every morning so I sad sod it and watched on tv.

If they make more concessions it may draw a few in but still a lot of people will look at their budget before they decide.

Not to forget that at the moment we are hardly "on the rise" and I'm quite sure that if we start to fly again more people will turn up.

Hope you made up in style ,ya bugger.
Missus and me always used to fall out over the Swans when I took defeats badly and in some cases quite violently. I will confess to smashing up a Section of fencing here after Southampton beat us under Mark Hughes to go down . I replaced the whole fence so it cost me and more than 30 quid.

I’ve been in pubs prior to games and on weekend jaunts ( yes I’ve been on several) unNnounced and seen our best ones knocking back the ale like it was going out of fashion . Money not an issue.
Jesus, when they go out now, how far does 30 quid get you .

My point is and always ha# been Swansea is NOT a small city as such .it might be in comparison with say Liverpool,Sheffield or Leeds but sorry I’m not having my home town seen as a small insignificant backwater .west of Swansea thee is bugger all ,north ,only the hills and vales of empty Powys with bored kids looking to be enthused in sport.

This is where we failed as a PL outfit..

Trust me,coaches flock into Norwich from all over the county of Norfolk and Ipswich will see support from all of Suffolk apart from the brand following cretins . Both clubs are a focal point . Swanse should be the same .
I did read once people went to Carmarthen rather than Swansea to go shopping.

I wept

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

14,572 on 17:07 - Oct 6 with 788 viewsWhiterockin

14,572 on 16:22 - Oct 6 by OptimisticJack

Kids for a quid is so effective.
Get a child interested and potentially they become a fan for life.
Its a bit like making a payment installment on a life policy.

And drop the price of the adult taking them down to £20. It's not nice if a child comes home from school and says they can go to the football for £1 and you can't afford the £30 to take them. I know it's giving the tickets away but better a full ground than 25% empty.
14,572 on 14:14 - Oct 7 with 717 viewsKeithHaynes

On another point, I know a whole load of Swans fans over in France for the rugby, most would have been there on Weds.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

14,572 on 17:40 - Oct 7 with 668 viewsfelixstowe_jack

14,572 on 10:16 - Oct 5 by onehunglow

Doesn’t change anything Rog.
You have posted thus for 15 years
It was a disappointing attendance and you must accept that simple fact
The club and team deserve better
Duff has been working his arse off to improve and just because he is not exactly media friendly he gets crap .

For a region of 300,000 + it’s poor.

Norwich is half the size of Swansea but attracts thousands country wide .

Fact

Once again you are not comparing like with like the city of Norwich has a population of 150,000 . The population of the old Borough of Swansea is about 170,000

The County of Norfolk has a population of 916,000
The County and City of Swansea of 314,000

Norwich have 3 times as many people in their catchment area as Swansea and no competition from Rugby. Hardly surprised they get more fans watching them.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

14,572 on 17:51 - Oct 7 with 653 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 17:40 - Oct 7 by felixstowe_jack

Once again you are not comparing like with like the city of Norwich has a population of 150,000 . The population of the old Borough of Swansea is about 170,000

The County of Norfolk has a population of 916,000
The County and City of Swansea of 314,000

Norwich have 3 times as many people in their catchment area as Swansea and no competition from Rugby. Hardly surprised they get more fans watching them.

No,looking at stats the population of Norwich is 147 k .
Urban area Sw@nsea 180k
Metropolitan area 462 k.
That is surely enough to prove my point .
There’s speedway in Kings Lynn and Ipswich too and boating on the Broads
You need my support seeing the stick you get on here

14,572 on 18:04 - Oct 7 with 632 viewsfelixstowe_jack

14,572 on 17:51 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

No,looking at stats the population of Norwich is 147 k .
Urban area Sw@nsea 180k
Metropolitan area 462 k.
That is surely enough to prove my point .
There’s speedway in Kings Lynn and Ipswich too and boating on the Broads
You need my support seeing the stick you get on here

Norfolk has population of 900,000 three times the county of Swansea. There is no competition for fans with Ipswich they are in two different counties and hate each other as much as Cardiff and Swansea. Little old Ipswich Town average 29,000 from a town with a population of 144,000 in a county of 760,000 . Both teams also have advantage being less than a mile from their mainline station . Both Norwich and Ipswich also benefit from multiple branch lines. Ipswich has four and Norwich three.

Once again you show a lack of knowledge of either Norwich or Ipswich. Speedway is not in competition with either club as it is held midweek on non match nights and has very low attendances

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

14,572 on 18:15 - Oct 7 with 608 viewsonehunglow

14,572 on 18:04 - Oct 7 by felixstowe_jack

Norfolk has population of 900,000 three times the county of Swansea. There is no competition for fans with Ipswich they are in two different counties and hate each other as much as Cardiff and Swansea. Little old Ipswich Town average 29,000 from a town with a population of 144,000 in a county of 760,000 . Both teams also have advantage being less than a mile from their mainline station . Both Norwich and Ipswich also benefit from multiple branch lines. Ipswich has four and Norwich three.

Once again you show a lack of knowledge of either Norwich or Ipswich. Speedway is not in competition with either club as it is held midweek on non match nights and has very low attendances

Hang on a minute.
If you make another foe,carry on with that style of posting .I have always been “ supportive” when you’ve had the stick you’ve got from many posters but from now on,you can fade away son.
Don’t ever try to take me on as regards lack of knowledge .

We are done
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 18:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024