Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has a manager………. 16:45 - Jul 29 with 6944 viewswesty

Has a manager ever been sacked after a pre season friendly.
Has a manager………. on 18:03 - Jul 29 with 2083 viewsdistortR

Has a manager………. on 17:30 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Not having a go but who are these players turning us down ?

Well, nothing confirmed, but there's been players we were reputedly interested in - regan the right-back for instance - who have gone to clubs in a lower division then us. It was Jordan Foster's (I think) post that really made me think - a fellow agent telling players not to come to us.

But then, I've always said we should have stood by Critchley, recruiting him and his team (some of whom we had to pay a release for), paying them off, and then paying for Ainsworth and co - that money would have been better spent on players.
Has a manager………. on 18:16 - Jul 29 with 2005 viewsDamo1962

Has a manager………. on 17:33 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Ainsworth is left with Joe Gubbins to play at centre back and Kakay at right back he might have hair like Jesus but that’s where the miracle working ends
This is the legacy of LF 8 years

Agree that team and display today is a sad indictment of what this club has become,due to incompetent stewardship.
Has a manager………. on 18:20 - Jul 29 with 1974 viewswesty

Has a manager………. on 17:02 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Pathetic for calls to Sack Ainsworth
This club has been miss managed for years and we expect Ainsworth to work wonders on a budget of 2.50 and a playing squad put together from a non qualified DOF and numerous managers

Just to be clear my OP was a question rather than an observation.

I’m one of GA’s biggest advocates and understand exactly what he’s got to work with and the constraints he’s under. I just hope the fans and the board stay with him, I do worry though when reports come out of players choosing lower league clubs because we cannot offer them the money and length of contracts they desire. Whoever is in charge this will be the same so we need to find other ways. The loan market will be massive for this club this year and it is something GA has inherently done well with over the years so that’s got to be a positive.
I do think he doesn’t help himself enough when giving interviews and feel he should be way more open about players withinjuries etc.
He says he doesn’t want to give secrets away to prying ears but c’mon now we are not exactly Real Madrid I don’t think we are too scary a proposition for too many teams to be worrying about.
Small margins yes but a disillusioned fan base will turn very quick if he’s not careful.
Has a manager………. on 18:34 - Jul 29 with 1908 viewsbosh67

What’s the point? Ainsworth is working with what little scraps of a squad he has. Can’t think of a manager left with such a thin squad for decades.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Has a manager………. on 18:34 - Jul 29 with 1907 viewsPaddyhoops

The panic button will be hit very quickly ,I fear.
Has a manager………. on 18:37 - Jul 29 with 1877 viewsdigswellhoop

like ive said ainsworth and a warnock type mentor
Has a manager………. on 19:01 - Jul 29 with 1801 viewspaulparker

Has a manager………. on 18:37 - Jul 29 by digswellhoop

like ive said ainsworth and a warnock type mentor

The bloke has over 10 years management experience already and done wonders with Wycombe
The mess he has been left with not even Klopp could sort

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Has a manager………. on 19:14 - Jul 29 with 1753 viewsbosh67

He's a week out from the start of the season. Dickie and Balogun gone. From him putting his hands to his face when asked asked about Clark-Salter, Salter is obviously nowhere near, Dunne now injured and Fox obviously a few weeks off being fit enough. He has two novice CB centrebacks to start the season as it stands.

No money to buy anyone, a trialist who has been battling injuries for years and he's obviously battling to keep some players there. It's desperate stuff for Ainsworth and if you watch the interview today he's finding it hard to hide the frustration. Everything has caught up with this club and he's trying to steer a ship that hit an iceberg before we even get underway this season.

I think we have to face the same reality our gaffer is facing. A thread bare squad with no real hope of adding much to it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Has a manager………. on 19:16 - Jul 29 with 1747 viewsNorthernr

Just to be a geek and answer the OP - Millwall appointed Steve Claridge as manager and pre-season went so horrendously they sacked him the same summer.
Has a manager………. on 12:29 - Jul 30 with 1340 viewsPaddyhoops

Has a manager………. on 17:53 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Maybe Fox isn’t ready yet who knows
5-0 is a crap score line I give you that but again we are left with Dozzell, Gubbins, Kakay to come in and cover that’s the reality that Ainsworth has been left with
They are the legacy of our former DOF
I can only hope we follow what happened after the 8-1 against WBA and get some seasoned pros who are ready for the scrap because this season is not the one to be developing youngsters

Great points but I fear we have no youngsters to develop.
Has a manager………. on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 1244 viewsNortholt_Rs

Has a manager………. on 16:57 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

Need to beat 23 points to not be the worst Championship side ever

What are the betting odds on that?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Has a manager………. on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 1229 viewsNortholt_Rs

Has a manager………. on 17:19 - Jul 29 by G_Ottershaw

More to the point, has a manager ever resigned after a pre season friendly

He’s on a 3 year contract - he ain’t gonna resign….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Has a manager………. on 13:29 - Jul 30 with 1181 viewsfrancisbowles

Has a manager………. on 17:54 - Jul 29 by gazza1

GA is not helping himself - 100%.

Why did he pick that team today???
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 17:55]

Gazza, from the players that are fit, what team would you have picked yesterday?
Has a manager………. on 13:44 - Jul 30 with 1141 viewsRangersw12

Has a manager………. on 13:29 - Jul 30 by francisbowles

Gazza, from the players that are fit, what team would you have picked yesterday?

For a start you would have thought after last season with various team waltzing through our midfield he wouldn't pick a 2 again and would have gone with a 3 but he seems to have learnt nothing

Yes he's been given a bad hand but he christ he isn't helping himself add to the rubbish about players being fit when they're not he's not doing himself any favours
Has a manager………. on 13:51 - Jul 30 with 1111 viewsNed_Kennedys

I find it interesting a number of people are looking back at Warburton era as a roaring success: look at the quality of the players he had at his disposal AND the decimation of our budget signing the likes of Stefan and Charlie and he badly underachieved IMO and is a big part of the reason we are where we are now.
Has a manager………. on 13:52 - Jul 30 with 1102 viewscolinallcars

I had a walk past the ground earlier. There's a sign in the box office window saying Heartache Spoken Here.
Has a manager………. on 13:59 - Jul 30 with 1082 viewsfrancisbowles

Has a manager………. on 13:44 - Jul 30 by Rangersw12

For a start you would have thought after last season with various team waltzing through our midfield he wouldn't pick a 2 again and would have gone with a 3 but he seems to have learnt nothing

Yes he's been given a bad hand but he christ he isn't helping himself add to the rubbish about players being fit when they're not he's not doing himself any favours

I was asking which players he could have chosen instead of yesterday's team. I take your point about the formation but I thought it was a 4231 at the start, so it's debatable whether a third defensive midfielder would have made much difference.

Maybe we have to start the season as we finished at Burnley and Stoke.
Has a manager………. on 16:12 - Jul 30 with 954 viewsvanrrrr

Has a manager………. on 13:59 - Jul 30 by francisbowles

I was asking which players he could have chosen instead of yesterday's team. I take your point about the formation but I thought it was a 4231 at the start, so it's debatable whether a third defensive midfielder would have made much difference.

Maybe we have to start the season as we finished at Burnley and Stoke.

yep, I hate it but with this lot of players parking the bus the only option I can see . simplify it down for them and play within their meagre capabilities.

try and scrap enough points to be in touch by January and then spend a little there as you'd presumably only take half a seasons wages against the books for FFP and get over the 50 point line somehow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024