Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth - the coach 05:49 - Apr 16 with 8373 viewsHammersmithR

He had the right attitude as a player. Always gave his all. Clearly did a fantastic job at Wycombe in his decade there. He would have been considered for many Championship jobs but in that decade no one came in for him. That’s pretty telling. I don’t know who else made the shortlist for our job but it must have been very bad if Ainsworth got the job. I know his hands have been tied on various aspects but my word his tactics and in game management is from a pre-historic era. We get over run in midfield virtually every game but we persist continually with a 2 man midfield. We play with 2 lumps up front. The team is static. No one shows for the football. We are opened up so easily. We play centre backs at right back. I could go on. This bloke is well out of his depth. I feel for him. I’ve met him many times and he’s a good guy. But my word his coaching / tactical ability is appalling. We can’t change it now. The board have a tough decision to make in the summer. So much has to change this summer in various aspects of the club. I am not confident he’s the right person if the inevitable happens and we drop to League 1. Who knows where the slide will go for our club? Absolutely grim times for our club. We have managed 4 points in the whole of 2023. So dejected with QPR these days. League 1 won’t be easy at all.
Ainsworth - the coach on 17:25 - Apr 16 with 2104 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth - the coach on 15:58 - Apr 16 by paulparker

With all due respect what’s Leam Richardson going to do here with this mob

Nothing at all, no one could but I would trust him to identify the players needed to get promoted as he did at Wigan and that will have some sell on value rather more so than Ainsworth who I fear would lumber us with a load of old has beens before he inevitably got the sack.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:26 - Apr 16 with 2097 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth - the coach on 16:26 - Apr 16 by daveB

Not play Jimmy Dunne as a right back, maybe not make Chris Martin your captain and try and give one of your flair players a bit of confidence by giving them the armband and showing faith in them. Maybe play with a midfield once in a while.
Possibly have some sort of pattern of play when you attack, lots you can do with this squad other than shout about passion and effort

8 points clear of the drop when he came in, since then 2 teams have had points deductions and we're still going to get relegated.

Agree with all this. Ainsworth has been even worse than I feared he would be. Some posters defending him would be losing their sh*t if this was any other manager. You need to work with the tools at your disposal and try and make the most of the little strengths we have. Putting your faith in a Dykes and Martin front 2 and Jimmy D at right back is not good management in anyone’s book
Ainsworth - the coach on 17:41 - Apr 16 with 2043 viewsPinnerPaul

Not sure why lots booed the decision to take Chair off - he was awful yesterday.
Ainsworth - the coach on 17:46 - Apr 16 with 2027 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:41 - Apr 16 by PinnerPaul

Not sure why lots booed the decision to take Chair off - he was awful yesterday.

And everyone else were outstanding were they?

Perhaps something to do with the fact that he is the only player with genuine quality that has the ability to pull something out of the bag, even when playing poorly.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:47]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:49 - Apr 16 with 2006 viewsPinnerPaul

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:46 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

Perhaps something to do with the fact that he is the only player with genuine quality that has the ability to pull something out of the bag, even when playing poorly.

They weren't but would love to see his pass completion rate - it was dire!

You can't have players who never come off however poor they are.

Sad to say, and we've been through this many a time, but when Willock came on, you could see why GA started Albert!

You have players playing at 50% of the level they were/can play at and you're in trouble - we have and we are!
Ainsworth - the coach on 17:57 - Apr 16 with 1968 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:49 - Apr 16 by PinnerPaul

They weren't but would love to see his pass completion rate - it was dire!

You can't have players who never come off however poor they are.

Sad to say, and we've been through this many a time, but when Willock came on, you could see why GA started Albert!

You have players playing at 50% of the level they were/can play at and you're in trouble - we have and we are!

Chair is one of the very few who I think genuinely gives a sh1t.

The others, playing within themselves, fine hook them. If Chair’s having a bad game, so be it, he at least has the ability to do something. I don’t agree with much GA says, but the one thing he keeps banging on about is coming off the pitch having given everything, then hooks the one player he can rely on to do just that. Fvcking idiotic on all levels.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:58]

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:02 - Apr 16 with 1954 viewsQPROslo

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:46 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

Chair has rarely found that bag since he came back from the WC. He was passing the ball away continually 2nd half and had to come off. We had Richards, Willock and Lowe on the Bench with creative quality to replace him, not that we got much of it from them either yesterday.
Ainsworth - the coach on 18:03 - Apr 16 with 1944 viewsdaveB

He's the only creative player we have always going to struggle playing as a left winger in a 4-4-2, I thought it was daft to take him off and felt for Richards who played left wing, right wing and central midfield during his 20 minutes
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:08 - Apr 16 with 1921 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:02 - Apr 16 by QPROslo

Chair has rarely found that bag since he came back from the WC. He was passing the ball away continually 2nd half and had to come off. We had Richards, Willock and Lowe on the Bench with creative quality to replace him, not that we got much of it from them either yesterday.

I would choose to rely on Chair over any of those other three any day of the week, regardless of how poorly he plays. Why not drop Chair deeper and hook Dozzell? Oh no, can only swap like for like, anything else is way too complicated to process on the sidelines.

Worked a treat didn’t it?
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 18:15]

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:13 - Apr 16 with 1904 viewsDejR_vu

I’m trying to be patient with GA because of who he is which, of course is very much the club’s intention, but let’s be honest here, he fits right in; he hasn’t got the first idea what he’s doing.

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:40 - Apr 16 with 1850 viewsQPRConor2000

I think appointing Ainsworth just felt like a cheap PR appointment to take the heat off the owners, and its backfired spectacularly.

No movement, no passing, nothing.

His style of play is non-existent ether, you aint getting away with hoofball in this league.

Love Ainsworth but he never was the right person, If the board had any sense they would of got rid of him by now.
Ainsworth - the coach on 18:45 - Apr 16 with 1840 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth - the coach on 12:52 - Apr 16 by slmrstid

You don't manage over 500 games by being a bad coach.

2 wins in 27 under 3 different managers.

35 defeats from 65 league games or whatever pathetic stat it is under the last 4 managers.

But sure this manager is crap, as was the last one, and if we had a different one it would all be fine.

Give me strength. The only people responsible are those who have been disgracing our shirt over the last 18 months and they all need shipping out.

If Ainsworth builds his own team and we're still crap fine. But until then...

500 games as a coach over 10 or 11 years and not one other club came sniffing around WW for their manager, not once. Never did you see 'x' club ask for permission to speak with him about another job, there has to be a reason for that.

Clive has mentioned before whether what he did at Wycombe was a horse for a particular course because of budget constraints or would he try to play a different game when he had better players at his disposal. I think it's clear even now he seems to be wedded to one style of play, a poor man's Wimbledon.

It gives me no pleasure saying this because I like him and he was one of my favourites during those early Holloway years but he is not what we need as a manager/coach.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:48 - Apr 16 with 1815 viewsstainrods_elbow

Unfortunately, we're pretty much stuck with our two lumps on top (or one lump at least), and we've thrown just about all our dice when it comes to personnel all over the park. Which is our problem in a nutshell - with all the turbulence we've been through on and off the pitch, we just don't have a coherent team and, hence, an effective style. Come to think of it, we don't even have an ineffective one!

By the way. if our sinking is 'inevitable', surely it's 'when'it happens and not 'if'? Or are you clinging to hope with that equivocation?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ainsworth - the coach on 19:43 - Apr 16 with 1740 viewssixnil

Chair was put on the last defender many times, like he is going to win a header against a taller defender. I was willing him to drop when Paal had the ball, but many times he didn't and I guess he had been told not to...
Have to say this was doing my head in and he cannot be happy with these positions. Chair is at his best when he has another technical player (Willock) to play off and really we need a high WB/FB and Willock to get the triangles working so we can take the ball into the box.
Yes, Chair gave the ball away, but GA is not utilising him properly.
Taking him off removed our only route to goal in my opinion. Willock or Richards should have been bought on in place of one of the strikers to support Chair..Still cannot understand why this did not happen..even with Willock on 50% those two know how to work the ball together and would have been a threat..
Ainsworth - the coach on 09:46 - Apr 17 with 1547 viewswombat

Ainsworth - the coach on 19:43 - Apr 16 by sixnil

Chair was put on the last defender many times, like he is going to win a header against a taller defender. I was willing him to drop when Paal had the ball, but many times he didn't and I guess he had been told not to...
Have to say this was doing my head in and he cannot be happy with these positions. Chair is at his best when he has another technical player (Willock) to play off and really we need a high WB/FB and Willock to get the triangles working so we can take the ball into the box.
Yes, Chair gave the ball away, but GA is not utilising him properly.
Taking him off removed our only route to goal in my opinion. Willock or Richards should have been bought on in place of one of the strikers to support Chair..Still cannot understand why this did not happen..even with Willock on 50% those two know how to work the ball together and would have been a threat..

willock gave the ball away twice in his first two touchs ,second time gave them a goal his reaction was couldnt care less, love chair but sat he was poor ,although not as poor as dozzell was and continues to be , badly need tim or amos back on weds night or maybe even both and drop martin , west brom and watford we had two midfielders closing down getting tackles in , you cant expect field to do it all on is own yet again

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Ainsworth - the coach on 16:08 - Apr 17 with 1469 viewsRangersw12

Because he's our only creative player
Ainsworth - the coach on 17:04 - Apr 17 with 1408 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth - the coach on 18:45 - Apr 16 by CamberleyR

500 games as a coach over 10 or 11 years and not one other club came sniffing around WW for their manager, not once. Never did you see 'x' club ask for permission to speak with him about another job, there has to be a reason for that.

Clive has mentioned before whether what he did at Wycombe was a horse for a particular course because of budget constraints or would he try to play a different game when he had better players at his disposal. I think it's clear even now he seems to be wedded to one style of play, a poor man's Wimbledon.

It gives me no pleasure saying this because I like him and he was one of my favourites during those early Holloway years but he is not what we need as a manager/coach.

Simply not true.
Was close to the Sunderland job at one time for example:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/11/sunderland-wycombe-gareth-ainsw

Pretty sure he was close to one or two others as well - if not huge jobs, by any means! 'Ainsworth has turned down advances from Barnsley, Notts County and Lincoln'

He also said he wasn't interested in many other clubs as he loved it at Wycombe, so quite possible that quiet approaches were rebuffed.

Again, everyone is angry and emotional, but let's stop saying things to be facts when they are in fact guesswork or assumptions.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

Ainsworth - the coach on 17:57 - Apr 16 by DejR_vu

Chair is one of the very few who I think genuinely gives a sh1t.

The others, playing within themselves, fine hook them. If Chair’s having a bad game, so be it, he at least has the ability to do something. I don’t agree with much GA says, but the one thing he keeps banging on about is coming off the pitch having given everything, then hooks the one player he can rely on to do just that. Fvcking idiotic on all levels.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:58]

Are we still in Ramadan?

Genuine question - if we are that would seriously affect his ability to last 90'

Have to agree to disagree I think - by your logic we may as well just keep playing Willock - just in case he rediscovers his form.
Ainsworth - the coach on 10:49 - Apr 18 with 1193 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth - the coach on 10:40 - Apr 18 by PinnerPaul

Are we still in Ramadan?

Genuine question - if we are that would seriously affect his ability to last 90'

Have to agree to disagree I think - by your logic we may as well just keep playing Willock - just in case he rediscovers his form.

Yes I assumed it was due to Ramadan (which ends at the end of this week).

Shame that he had to go off, Richards isn't even half the player that Chair is (currently).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:05 - Apr 18 with 1133 viewsGloucs_R

I think one of the mistakes that Ainsworth made was not reading the room. I totally understand what he was trying to do with the haka debacle, trying to build a bond between the players, the staff and some team spirit, but it looks to have backfired massively.

Not seen a plan B, not seeing us play to our strengths with the squad that we have and he's now criticizing players which we know doesn't go down well as they are such a sensitive bunch.

I also hate this small club mentality which he seems to have brought with him. Us against them, backs up against the wall, etc etc doesn't work when you have a bunch of academy players who have played for some of the most elite clubs in Europe. But once again that is down to recruitment and bringing in the right type of players.

It's going to be very difficult for him and his coaching team to break away from what they have been doing for the last 10 years. Almost impossible I would say.

Personally I think we're in a no-win situation now. Almost certainly we will go down, lose the majority of the squad and have to rebuild. So do we do this with a manager who looks like he has limited tactical knowledge and a style we've not been accustomed to for the last few years. But he may build a squad with a bit more grit and determination. By the way I would be quite happy to see us play a wider game.

Or do we find a manager who likes to put the ball on the floor and pass around more. But then we risk attracting the wrong type of players again.

Finally, if we do sack him at the end of the season then that would have been potentially 6 years of management salary we have paid out in the space of 6 months. Appreciate that there are always negotiations to be had but you get my point.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:10 - Apr 18 with 1099 viewsTheChef

I can't believe no one has mentioned that if we are going down to League One, we have a coach who currently has the most experience of it!

Why else do you think he was appointed?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:21 - Apr 18 with 1054 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:10 - Apr 18 by TheChef

I can't believe no one has mentioned that if we are going down to League One, we have a coach who currently has the most experience of it!

Why else do you think he was appointed?

True. But when he took the job and the way results have gone for him, we should not have been relegated. No matter what you think of the team, a better Manager would have kept them in the division and then the big rebuild could have taken place in the summer while still a championship club. Now, we're very likely to be in a much tougher division and facing a very uncertain future. Our only hope is that the teams around us seem very poor too so 4 points may even be enough.
Ainsworth - the coach on 11:23 - Apr 18 with 1047 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:21 - Apr 18 by PhilmyRs

True. But when he took the job and the way results have gone for him, we should not have been relegated. No matter what you think of the team, a better Manager would have kept them in the division and then the big rebuild could have taken place in the summer while still a championship club. Now, we're very likely to be in a much tougher division and facing a very uncertain future. Our only hope is that the teams around us seem very poor too so 4 points may even be enough.

We are not picking up four points between now and the end of the season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:30 - Apr 18 with 1024 viewsPhilmyRs

Ainsworth - the coach on 11:23 - Apr 18 by Gloucs_R

We are not picking up four points between now and the end of the season.

I don't think so either but last day of the season, home to Bristol, maybe 3 points. Could this team get a point in one of the others...? Not impossible but doubtful.
Ainsworth - the coach on 14:03 - Apr 18 with 891 viewsRangersw12

👀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024