Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is on Ainsworth… 21:39 - Apr 15 with 7686 viewsHammersmithR

1. Who plays 4-4-2 in 2023? Formation was completely wrong today. Coventry played a 3-4-1-2. We could easily have matched them today with Chair in the hole. But Ainsworth persists with a formation from 1986. You can see why no one has brought Ainsworth in after a decade at Wycombe. Football has moved on. He’s playing a non footballing centre half at right back. He offers nothing going forward.

2. Where on earth is Amos? He plays 70 mins on Monday and yet again he vanishes from the squad. Absolute joke.

3. We offer nothing going forward. We are so easy to play against. Dozzell ponces about like he’s a World Cup winner. He is so bad. He’s the kind of player you wonder how he’s made it as a pro. He doesn’t pass, he doesn’t tackle, he doesn’t shoot, he doesn’t score. I don’t know what he does.

4. We had the chance to bring in Warnock for the rest of the season who would have kept us up. But we have gone for a yes man for Les. We are an embarrassment.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:48 - Apr 17 with 1706 viewsdaveB

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:32 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

But imagine not wanting Warnock, then replacing him with the tactical mastermind that was JFH.

It obviously wasn't the right decision but there were other factors such as Warnock himself saying he didn't want the job full time (bullshit but meant we looked elsewhere) plus wanting/needing to bring down the wage bill and start bringing in players with sell on potential. Les actually wanted either Gary Rowett or Kenny Jackett but the board went with JFH as they are idiots
Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:10 - Apr 17 with 1648 viewsHayesender

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:21 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Let's be honest this appointment has been a disaster and he needs to go at the end of the season.

I'd have sacked him when he said Blackpool didn't outplay us tbh

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:35 - Apr 17 with 1556 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Ainsworth from the outset was a PR appointment to try and take the heat off the owners.

He might of worked for Wycombe, but we are a completely different club to them,

We are probably heading down this season, but I dont think Ainsworth is the right person for the role sadly, love the guy but he just isnt right for us.

I personally think someone like Leam Richardson or Ian Evatt would be better options in the close season.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:37 - Apr 17 with 1546 viewswombat

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:48 - Apr 17 by daveB

It obviously wasn't the right decision but there were other factors such as Warnock himself saying he didn't want the job full time (bullshit but meant we looked elsewhere) plus wanting/needing to bring down the wage bill and start bringing in players with sell on potential. Les actually wanted either Gary Rowett or Kenny Jackett but the board went with JFH as they are idiots

thought rowett turned us down flat at the time ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:39 - Apr 17 with 1519 viewsridethewave

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:13 - Apr 17 by QPR_Jim

I'm not sure we should be thinking of players as only having one application. Field isn't a CB but can do a job there as part of a back 3, did it at Watford and stepped up to the plate. Chair has pace, can take people on and can cross the ball, all attributes that are all transferrable to a winger if there's a willingness to adapt.

If there's one thing we can't say Chair has, it's pace. He's really not particularly quick and it is a major issue in his game which will keep him from making it to even higher levels of the sport, unfortunately.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:50 - Apr 17 with 1507 viewsRangersw12

Today is on Ainsworth… on 11:48 - Apr 17 by daveB

I'm sure I've seen that Warburton was the first manager that Les appointed.

His position his untenable but it is unfair he's being blamed for everything now.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:08 - Apr 17 with 1457 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:50 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

I'm sure I've seen that Warburton was the first manager that Les appointed.

His position his untenable but it is unfair he's being blamed for everything now.

Then who appointed Ramsey? Seems a little strange to absolve him of that when he'd literally brought him with him from Spurs.

Oh for those halcyon days when he wanted to appoint Timmy.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:19 - Apr 17 with 1442 viewsterryb

Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:08 - Apr 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Then who appointed Ramsey? Seems a little strange to absolve him of that when he'd literally brought him with him from Spurs.

I thought that was a Tony decision.

After the away win at Sunderland(?) when Ramsey was the caretaker manager, I thought Fernandes muttered that he had "found his ideal manager".

He repeated that phrase about a few others as well!
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 13:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:20 - Apr 17 with 1432 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Today is on Ainsworth… on 12:39 - Apr 17 by ridethewave

If there's one thing we can't say Chair has, it's pace. He's really not particularly quick and it is a major issue in his game which will keep him from making it to even higher levels of the sport, unfortunately.

Chair is quick as fck!
Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:28 - Apr 17 with 1374 viewsgolborne

Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:20 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Chair is quick as fck!

Agreed, that was a remarkable comment from somebody who clearly doesn't watch the lad very often...
Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:31 - Apr 17 with 1370 viewsQPR_Jim

I thought all the links to Timmy were just lazy speculation/journalism because of the Tottenham link. No evidence that Les ever wanted him.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 13:49 - Apr 17 with 1297 viewsRangersw12

TF as we won at Sunderland

Like I've said LF should leave at the end of the summer but remember we will still have the Tune Group who will be finding his replacement
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 13:51]
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:13 - Apr 17 with 1238 viewsR_from_afar

"Oh for those halcyon days when he wanted to appoint Timmy".

Steady now!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:14 - Apr 17 with 1237 viewsTheChef

Find it hilarious how suddenly now Critchley would have kept us safe, when he couldn't get a tune out of this lot and had already lost them after his comments post Fleetwood.

Not saying that Ainsworth is the answer either, unfortunately [sad]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:14 - Apr 17 with 1236 viewsNorthernr

Today is on Ainsworth… on 22:19 - Apr 15 by CateLeBonR

Cov were far too good for us. It's not Ainsworths fault. Were there things we could have done better? Yes. 3 goals better? no.

I must say, we seem to lose a hell of a lot of games 3-0 that posters on here don't think are 3-0 games. I heard all this after we lost to Luton four months ago. Saturday was 'not a 3-0' only in the sense that it could and should have been a lot more.

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:22 - Apr 17 with 1190 viewsPhilmyRs

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:14 - Apr 17 by TheChef

Find it hilarious how suddenly now Critchley would have kept us safe, when he couldn't get a tune out of this lot and had already lost them after his comments post Fleetwood.

Not saying that Ainsworth is the answer either, unfortunately [sad]

Well, compare their respective results and performances:

Critchley
PNE away (won)
Cardiff home (draw)
Luton home (lost)
Sheff Utd home (draw — thought we were really unlucky in that one)
Reading away (draw)
Swansea home (draw)
Hull away (lost)
Huddersfield away (draw)
Millwall home (lost)
Sunderland home (lost)
Middlesbrough away (lost)

Ainsworth
Blackburn home (lost)
Rotherham away (lost)
Watford home (won)
Blackpool away (Lost/hammered)
Birmingham home (lost)
Wigan away (lost)
Preston home (lost)
West Brom away (draw)
Coventry home (lost)

At least Critchley seemed to get some draws against those teams around us in the relegation fight, Ainsworth got f-all in those supposedly easier games. Ultimately the 3 defeats on the spin did for us under Critchley but that was against Millwall, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all decent at this level. Ainsworth lost to Blackpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Preston on the spin and never looked like getting anything from them. Personally, I think Critchley would have got more points than Ainsworth had he remained.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:23 - Apr 17 with 1183 viewsRangersw12

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:14 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I must say, we seem to lose a hell of a lot of games 3-0 that posters on here don't think are 3-0 games. I heard all this after we lost to Luton four months ago. Saturday was 'not a 3-0' only in the sense that it could and should have been a lot more.

The club has no standards and sadly some of the fans don't either.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:24 - Apr 17 with 1173 viewsdaveB

Not trying to absolve him of anything, he's obviously been involved in all of them.

Ramsey was another of Tony Fernandes great ideas

I think we'd have been better off appointing Sherwood at the time, he's the kind of bullshitter who tends to do well at QPR and even though it would have been crap it would have been fun reading clives reports
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:25 - Apr 17 with 1147 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey was extremely qualified and well regarded before he got here. I can't find fault in his initial appointment.

This goes for a lot of QPR managers, coaches, and players to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:48]
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:26 - Apr 17 with 1144 viewsCateLeBonR

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:14 - Apr 17 by Northernr

I totally agree Clive. Sorry I didn’t word that post very well. I wasn’t saying Covenrty weren’t 3 goals better than us. I was saying that there’s nothing Ainsworth could have done to make up the deficit. I think that’s what I meant.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:31 - Apr 17 with 1099 viewsNorthernr

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:26 - Apr 17 by CateLeBonR

I totally agree Clive. Sorry I didn’t word that post very well. I wasn’t saying Covenrty weren’t 3 goals better than us. I was saying that there’s nothing Ainsworth could have done to make up the deficit. I think that’s what I meant.

Oh I see! Was gonna say! Well, I did say...

I'm told by the xG enthusiasts that that's our lowest total of the season.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:43 - Apr 17 with 1022 viewsCateLeBonR

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:31 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Oh I see! Was gonna say! Well, I did say...

I'm told by the xG enthusiasts that that's our lowest total of the season.

If a low xG number means we were absolute shite then I concur!
Today is on Ainsworth… on 15:12 - Apr 17 with 911 viewsTheChef

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:22 - Apr 17 by PhilmyRs

Well, compare their respective results and performances:

Critchley
PNE away (won)
Cardiff home (draw)
Luton home (lost)
Sheff Utd home (draw — thought we were really unlucky in that one)
Reading away (draw)
Swansea home (draw)
Hull away (lost)
Huddersfield away (draw)
Millwall home (lost)
Sunderland home (lost)
Middlesbrough away (lost)

Ainsworth
Blackburn home (lost)
Rotherham away (lost)
Watford home (won)
Blackpool away (Lost/hammered)
Birmingham home (lost)
Wigan away (lost)
Preston home (lost)
West Brom away (draw)
Coventry home (lost)

At least Critchley seemed to get some draws against those teams around us in the relegation fight, Ainsworth got f-all in those supposedly easier games. Ultimately the 3 defeats on the spin did for us under Critchley but that was against Millwall, Sunderland and Middlesbrough all decent at this level. Ainsworth lost to Blackpool, Birmingham, Wigan and Preston on the spin and never looked like getting anything from them. Personally, I think Critchley would have got more points than Ainsworth had he remained.

Weeeellll, when you put it that way! That Swansea game we should have won too (how Lowe didn't score in front of an open goal, as good as, two put us 2-0 up...)

Bottom line is, we're not very good anyway.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Today is on Ainsworth… on 15:14 - Apr 17 with 904 views1JD

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:26 - Apr 17 by CateLeBonR

Nothing Ainsworth could of done? He could of

1. Set the team up effectively from the start, to counter the oppositions shape and domination of the middle. ie. They had 3, we lined up with 2.
2. Made tactical changes when it was abundantly clear it wasn’t working - both in CM, where we got killed from minute 1, and CF, where it like watching a loop that had got stuck.
3. Recognised the attacking problem - that Coventry’s dominant centre halves were winning absolutely everything in the air - an obvious strength - as it was for Brum, and Preston before, so stop playing into the oppositions hands, and start to find solutions and weaknesses.
4. Actually had a plan B, rather than relentlessly sticking to a long-ball game plan that wouldn’t of troubled Coventry, even if we were still playing now.
5. Not played a CB at RB, when the player in question lacks almost every attribute needed to be a success in that position.

I could go on, but there are many, many alterations that Ainsworth could of changed or implemented in that game to have given us a better chance of success.
Today is on Ainsworth… on 15:14 - Apr 17 with 900 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Today is on Ainsworth… on 14:25 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ramsey was extremely qualified and well regarded before he got here. I can't find fault in his initial appointment.

This goes for a lot of QPR managers, coaches, and players to be honest.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:48]

Never managed a club before but put in charge of a team fighting for their lives in the Premier League? Yeah, nothing strange about that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024