Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road. 10:21 - Jan 22 with 40285 viewsEsox_Lucius

IF, and it's a big if. the club were forced away from H&F to build a stadium which could provide income 360+ days a years to generate the revenue to make us competitive as a team again would you be for or against it. Yes or No will suffice, there's no need for comments like "knowing QPR they'd fück it up" etc. Just Yes or No.

The grass is always greener.

Loftus Road. on 12:35 - Jan 27 with 3379 viewsJuzzie

On a slight aside, I read yesterday that HS2 going to central London may be delayed or cancelled altogether! It will effectively terminta at Olad Oad then people will have to switch to other means to get into central London.
Wow, lots of work already been done and ongoing in Euston, Camden/Chalk Farm and elsewhere between Old Oak and Euston.
Loftus Road. on 12:45 - Jan 27 with 3354 viewsNorthantsHoop

Loftus Road. on 12:35 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

On a slight aside, I read yesterday that HS2 going to central London may be delayed or cancelled altogether! It will effectively terminta at Olad Oad then people will have to switch to other means to get into central London.
Wow, lots of work already been done and ongoing in Euston, Camden/Chalk Farm and elsewhere between Old Oak and Euston.

There apparently is plenty of land potential around Old Oak Common and the HS2 site a source tells me, but whether a football stadium is an option, who knows!!
Loftus Road. on 12:48 - Jan 27 with 3335 viewshubble

I've got an idea that I'm sure will be super-popular. Chelsea relocate to their spiritual home in North Battersea - I've identified the site at Cringle Dock Solid Waste Station - all that's needed is to remove the L from Cringle and job done there. And then we relocate to the New Loftus Road Stadium, on the Fulham Road. No?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Loftus Road. on 14:03 - Jan 27 with 3230 viewsBostonR

Loftus Road. on 12:35 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

Hunt has confirmed that HS2 will terminate at Euston, London. Huge pressure from business leaders in London to deliver on that. It could open up potential at Old Oak Common, but I would think that HS2 has that land secured for other purposes.
It would be useful to ask Lee Hoos if the Board are negotiating on the LCS, but I assume if they are it would be under some form of binding confidential agreement? If so , his hand are somewhat tied on what he can share.
Perhaps a simpler question is are the club involved in any meaningful new stadium negotiations - yes or no?
Loftus Road. on 16:03 - Jan 27 with 3088 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road. on 14:03 - Jan 27 by BostonR

Hunt has confirmed that HS2 will terminate at Euston, London. Huge pressure from business leaders in London to deliver on that. It could open up potential at Old Oak Common, but I would think that HS2 has that land secured for other purposes.
It would be useful to ask Lee Hoos if the Board are negotiating on the LCS, but I assume if they are it would be under some form of binding confidential agreement? If so , his hand are somewhat tied on what he can share.
Perhaps a simpler question is are the club involved in any meaningful new stadium negotiations - yes or no?

I don't understand why it has to go into Euston, so that most people can then get on the tube to get to their final destination. They could do that at Old Oak. All the cost and disruption of all that tunneling under London. Is it really necessary?
Loftus Road. on 16:33 - Jan 27 with 3033 viewsNorthantsHoop

Loftus Road. on 16:03 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

I don't understand why it has to go into Euston, so that most people can then get on the tube to get to their final destination. They could do that at Old Oak. All the cost and disruption of all that tunneling under London. Is it really necessary?

It is all part of the re-building of Euston station and regeneration of the area, by putting HS2 to Euston justifies a major re-build of that station, when I worked for DfT a few years back this was some of the thinking.
Loftus Road. on 17:37 - Jan 27 with 2954 viewsderbyhoop

Loftus Road. on 16:03 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

Don't know about the cost nor the disruption, but anybody having to take HS2, change at Old Oak to get into central London would not appreciate the middle step.

As a child I lived close to Old Oak and much of the land is criss crossed by existing rail lined. Neither are there stations close. North and East Acton or Willesden Junction being the only ones.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 17:45]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loftus Road. on 17:40 - Jan 27 with 2951 viewsHuckerMOTM

Loftus Road. on 08:20 - Jan 27 by Esox_Lucius

After 8 pages, so far, it is apparent that a lot of posters no longer go and one who does go but doesn't like QPR.
Perhaps the question should be asked of those people who attend 20+ home games a season as they are the ones most affected by the seating/ travel/ parking issues?

I don't hate QPR but I find it a complete stretch of the imagination that anyone can consider them the same club as it was even just 20 years ago,

The club died when the rich boys took over and it then became a choice for every fan to embrace what followed, completely walk away or maintain the social side of attending matches at Loftus Road.

I took the latter option but if you're happy with the new club that took the name 'Queens Park Rangers' then that's fine too.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road. on 18:19 - Jan 27 with 2912 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road. on 17:37 - Jan 27 by derbyhoop

Don't know about the cost nor the disruption, but anybody having to take HS2, change at Old Oak to get into central London would not appreciate the middle step.

As a child I lived close to Old Oak and much of the land is criss crossed by existing rail lined. Neither are there stations close. North and East Acton or Willesden Junction being the only ones.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2023 17:45]

“ Don't know about the cost nor the disruption, but anybody having to take HS2, change at Old Oak to get into central London would not appreciate the middle step.”

And would surely negate the whole 20 minutes that people would be saving by taking HS2 into central London so i can imagine it has to happen.
Loftus Road. on 18:49 - Jan 27 with 2860 viewsHastings_Hoops

There’s a lot of focus on the stadium needing to generate revenue between match days, but why don’t we look at using our training ground (near Heathrow) to generate revenue… surely this would accommodate a building for conferences, concerts and events and is located far better for this type of revenue stream.
Loftus Road. on 10:41 - Jan 28 with 2714 viewsfrancisbowles

Loftus Road. on 18:19 - Jan 27 by Juzzie

“ Don't know about the cost nor the disruption, but anybody having to take HS2, change at Old Oak to get into central London would not appreciate the middle step.”

And would surely negate the whole 20 minutes that people would be saving by taking HS2 into central London so i can imagine it has to happen.

BUT isn't there a case that says a high percentage of those arriving in central London then have to get somewhere else in the capital.

Can't they change to the new Elizabeth line. It should be much easier to route that through Old Oak.

We can't really afford it the rest of the HS2 project at present can we?
Loftus Road. on 10:57 - Jan 28 with 2690 viewsR_from_afar

Loftus Road. on 17:40 - Jan 27 by HuckerMOTM

I don't hate QPR but I find it a complete stretch of the imagination that anyone can consider them the same club as it was even just 20 years ago,

The club died when the rich boys took over and it then became a choice for every fan to embrace what followed, completely walk away or maintain the social side of attending matches at Loftus Road.

I took the latter option but if you're happy with the new club that took the name 'Queens Park Rangers' then that's fine too.

I take your point that things feel different when your football club is owned by a person or people who have a pre-existing connection with that club but QPR almost literally died *before* the rich boys took over.

But for Lee Cook and his £250k donation (thank you) and the bucket collections (thank you #2), we could have been talking about Rangers in the past tense.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Loftus Road. on 11:06 - Jan 28 with 2674 viewsLanhoop

Loftus Road. on 18:49 - Jan 27 by Hastings_Hoops

There’s a lot of focus on the stadium needing to generate revenue between match days, but why don’t we look at using our training ground (near Heathrow) to generate revenue… surely this would accommodate a building for conferences, concerts and events and is located far better for this type of revenue stream.

It's a good point but the training ground is used 7 days a week. Want the team to have to stop training because they need to set up a circus tent? Or make space for 3 trucks of Beyonce's makeup?
Loftus Road. on 18:01 - Jan 28 with 2491 viewsHastings_Hoops

Loftus Road. on 11:06 - Jan 28 by Lanhoop

It's a good point but the training ground is used 7 days a week. Want the team to have to stop training because they need to set up a circus tent? Or make space for 3 trucks of Beyonce's makeup?

It’s used 5 days a week. Stadium is used sometimes 2 days a week… make sure you host Beyoncé on a weekend ;-)

point being - land in Heathrow is a lot more available and cheaper than land in W12, more accessible for cars (with the benefit of rail and tube links); with the same sale price per cover.

It would therefore be easier to buy land around the training ground to provide a bolt-on events venue, linked to the training ground.
Loftus Road. on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 2465 viewsflynnbo

Loftus Road. on 18:01 - Jan 28 by Hastings_Hoops

It’s used 5 days a week. Stadium is used sometimes 2 days a week… make sure you host Beyoncé on a weekend ;-)

point being - land in Heathrow is a lot more available and cheaper than land in W12, more accessible for cars (with the benefit of rail and tube links); with the same sale price per cover.

It would therefore be easier to buy land around the training ground to provide a bolt-on events venue, linked to the training ground.

I wouldn’t worry. The way we’re currently playing the ground will be plenty large enough and knee room won’t be an issue.
Loftus Road. on 22:49 - Jan 28 with 2324 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 18:05 - Jan 28 by flynnbo

I wouldn’t worry. The way we’re currently playing the ground will be plenty large enough and knee room won’t be an issue.

Zero trains around the new training ground , so with the urea charge being implemented I. This and other local areas soon how’s fans gonna get there ?
How’s west life fans gonna get there ? She’d loads of land but zero ways of getting to them each week and I’d imagine any new ground will have something in place as the new Brighton ground has to stop as many cars as possible being used to get to them

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road. on 23:08 - Jan 28 with 2311 viewsflynnbo

Loftus Road. on 22:49 - Jan 28 by wombat

Zero trains around the new training ground , so with the urea charge being implemented I. This and other local areas soon how’s fans gonna get there ?
How’s west life fans gonna get there ? She’d loads of land but zero ways of getting to them each week and I’d imagine any new ground will have something in place as the new Brighton ground has to stop as many cars as possible being used to get to them

I was referring to us staying at LR.
Loftus Road. on 23:13 - Jan 28 with 2303 viewsFredManRave

Loftus Road. on 11:18 - Jan 26 by Metallica_Hoop

I can't decide, yes the stadium is past it and most of us cannot fit in most of the seats but it has a certain charm especially when it's banging.

I can also walk to it.

Getting stuck on the Central or Picaddilly after a shit game would make me rather grumpy.
Mind you I only go to a few a season now so maybe I wont mind.

Dunno.

Even your scales are ginger!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Loftus Road. on 23:34 - Jan 28 with 2281 viewswombat

Loftus Road. on 23:08 - Jan 28 by flynnbo

I was referring to us staying at LR.

Won’t happen , well sorry will happen prob but we end up a lower league team on a perm basis .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loftus Road. on 12:39 - Feb 1 with 2055 viewsSir_Chops

Late to the party. Not having any knowledge of the Heston site, is it completely beyond the realms of possibility to eventually add a ground to the new training facility, or purchase more land around it to do so if no opportunities exist nearer?
Loftus Road. on 13:37 - Feb 1 with 1978 viewsJuzzie

Loftus Road. on 12:39 - Feb 1 by Sir_Chops

Late to the party. Not having any knowledge of the Heston site, is it completely beyond the realms of possibility to eventually add a ground to the new training facility, or purchase more land around it to do so if no opportunities exist nearer?

If our stadium was there we'd be more Brentford than Brentford.
Our new training ground is only 2 1/2 miles from Brentford's training ground too!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4848258,-0.400164,2078m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en-GB

The only land I can see is just south of the training ground at Rectory Farm and that's already earmarked for development.

https://rectory-farm.com/proposal/

[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 13:38]
Loftus Road. on 14:04 - Feb 1 with 1899 viewsCamberleyR

What would people's opinions be on a relocation to Acton? Still a W postcode area after all. As others have said, Ealing Council were quite co-operative with us regarding Warren Farm.

I've had a look on Ealing Council's brownfield site register and there's a 6.84 hectare site located in Horn Lane. The site name is:
"ACT6 Acton Crossrail Station and 239-307 Horn Lane, W3".

The notes to it say: "The allocation promotes the consolidation of industrial, aggregates and waste facilities to the north of the railway, safeguarding of the rail sidings, and introduction of commercial and residential uses south of the railway, compatible with the function of the Crossrail station. Whilst an estimate of 5 is given for the minimum net number of dwellings, this is the size threshold for inclusion on the register, and developments may need to exceed this in order to demonstrate that they have achieved an optimum level of development for a given site."

Anybody familiar with this area? I've no idea if this means that anything like a football stadium could be built on it but if people want to take a look, the link is:
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/downloads/download/4615/brownfield_land_register
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/12723/ealings_brownfield_land_re

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Loftus Road. on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 1870 viewsSonofpugwash

Whatever happened to the Car Giant land?Is that completely dead in the water?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Loftus Road. on 03:07 - Feb 9 with 1528 viewsFredManRave

Loftus Road. on 14:10 - Feb 1 by Sonofpugwash

Whatever happened to the Car Giant land?Is that completely dead in the water?

I think it's a Ford gone conclusion.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Loftus Road. on 08:57 - Feb 9 with 1356 viewstoboboly

Loftus Road. on 14:04 - Feb 1 by CamberleyR

What would people's opinions be on a relocation to Acton? Still a W postcode area after all. As others have said, Ealing Council were quite co-operative with us regarding Warren Farm.

I've had a look on Ealing Council's brownfield site register and there's a 6.84 hectare site located in Horn Lane. The site name is:
"ACT6 Acton Crossrail Station and 239-307 Horn Lane, W3".

The notes to it say: "The allocation promotes the consolidation of industrial, aggregates and waste facilities to the north of the railway, safeguarding of the rail sidings, and introduction of commercial and residential uses south of the railway, compatible with the function of the Crossrail station. Whilst an estimate of 5 is given for the minimum net number of dwellings, this is the size threshold for inclusion on the register, and developments may need to exceed this in order to demonstrate that they have achieved an optimum level of development for a given site."

Anybody familiar with this area? I've no idea if this means that anything like a football stadium could be built on it but if people want to take a look, the link is:
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/downloads/download/4615/brownfield_land_register
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/12723/ealings_brownfield_land_re

I presume the area is the aggregates site just north of the tracks? I'm not an architect but there looks to be enough space if it is cleverly utilised. Good transport links too, with Central, Piccadilly, Elizabeth and Overground all within walking distance.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024