Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread 10:17 - Feb 24 with 15875 viewsSaintNick

This thread for all the debates on the developing situation

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 08:22 - Feb 28 with 1514 viewssaint68

The case of the errant missiles that bombed the encasement at Chernobyl....coming soon courtesy of a mad Russian president...

He really does need assassinating in the next few days...he's starting to realise he's an embarrassment and like any Bully will lash out at anyone who makes him look stupid by any means at his disposal.

He should have an arrest warrant already in place from the Hague...so that if he backs down(not likely) he is swiftly arrested and detained indefinitely..he can't be allowed to just withdraw and stay in his position.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:30 - Feb 28 with 1465 views1885_SFC

Peace talks on the border this morning then. Can't see much coming from them. Ukraine will demand a full withdrawal. Russia will refuse. Best we can hope for, other than Putin getting assassinated back home in Moscow, is a promise by Ukraine to never join NATO for say the next umpteen years or whatever. Can't see any other way to end the conflict.

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Feb 28 with 1441 viewsDorsetIan

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 01:42 - Feb 28 by Bison

Proud to be British tonight for the support we supplied and your man in Kiev calling us out as such. Same guy , think he was the President of Ukraine , is a very brave guy.

Germans sending 500 stingers. Never been known to support any side.

It sounds awful to say its a benefit of Brexit given the circumstances , but we have made a huge difference in this. Like it or not UK and US have acted first, Western Europe ( Not EU ) finally caught up . The Poles tell it as it is :)

Beware that you are on dangerous ground when trying to bring Brexit into this as a positive. The links between Putin, Russia and 'anti-establishment' movements in the UK, the US and the rest of Europe are established without any reasonable doubt.

That's all I'm going to say on this. We, as a country, should be putting all Brexit divisions behind us. Hopefully, there will be time enough in the future for people to worry about the EU or sleepy Joe Biden again.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:59 - Feb 28 with 1439 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

Beware that you are on dangerous ground when trying to bring Brexit into this as a positive. The links between Putin, Russia and 'anti-establishment' movements in the UK, the US and the rest of Europe are established without any reasonable doubt.

That's all I'm going to say on this. We, as a country, should be putting all Brexit divisions behind us. Hopefully, there will be time enough in the future for people to worry about the EU or sleepy Joe Biden again.

Both you and Sogs were berating Johnson for his behaviour before the invasion began...even stating that Putin was entitled to stop Ukraine joining NATO...and Johnson was creating the situation..you're all over the place mate.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:11 - Feb 28 with 1420 viewsDorsetIan

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:59 - Feb 28 by saint68

Both you and Sogs were berating Johnson for his behaviour before the invasion began...even stating that Putin was entitled to stop Ukraine joining NATO...and Johnson was creating the situation..you're all over the place mate.

Whatever, 68. We can always rely on you to try to stoke division at a time when national unity is required.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Feb 28 with 1414 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:11 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

Whatever, 68. We can always rely on you to try to stoke division at a time when national unity is required.

Whatever!!

You made out that Johnson was the problem.. then now it's just whatever...

Dune and I stated some 6yrs ago that Putin needed removing by any means necessary..we were both berated then...funny that.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:37 - Feb 28 with 1406 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 08:22 - Feb 28 by saint68

The case of the errant missiles that bombed the encasement at Chernobyl....coming soon courtesy of a mad Russian president...

He really does need assassinating in the next few days...he's starting to realise he's an embarrassment and like any Bully will lash out at anyone who makes him look stupid by any means at his disposal.

He should have an arrest warrant already in place from the Hague...so that if he backs down(not likely) he is swiftly arrested and detained indefinitely..he can't be allowed to just withdraw and stay in his position.

Well surprise surprise..First bombs dropped on a radioactive waste terminal in Ukraine....planned and not in anyway an error by the Russians.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:42 - Feb 28 with 1391 viewsDorsetIan

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Feb 28 by saint68

Whatever!!

Dune and I stated some 6yrs ago that Putin needed removing by any means necessary..we were both berated then...funny that.

Dune? The guy that creamed his pants when he drove past Trump's convey in his wagon. (Trump, Putin's No.1 fanboy).

The only military strategy I can recall Dune getting excited about was an aggressive boycott of Chinese takeaways.

Clowns, the pair of you.

Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:48 - Feb 28 with 1396 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:42 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

Dune? The guy that creamed his pants when he drove past Trump's convey in his wagon. (Trump, Putin's No.1 fanboy).

The only military strategy I can recall Dune getting excited about was an aggressive boycott of Chinese takeaways.

Clowns, the pair of you.

I think the title clown lays at your feet...Johnson is starting world war 3..putin just doesn't want NATO on his doorstep...we should not get involved blah blah blah..you've done a complete turnaround from just 3 weeks ago...as per usual you're all over the place..clown!!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 10:52]

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:52 - Feb 28 with 1391 viewsHeisenberg

Whatever!!

I’m sure Putin shat himself when he heard that you and an antique collecting van driver with an eye for bargain basement holidays or all you can eat Chinese takeaways called for his removal on a football forum. Brilliant.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:53 - Feb 28 with 1387 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:52 - Feb 28 by Heisenberg

I’m sure Putin shat himself when he heard that you and an antique collecting van driver with an eye for bargain basement holidays or all you can eat Chinese takeaways called for his removal on a football forum. Brilliant.

It's called foresight..something you lack.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 11:58 - Feb 28 with 1348 viewsJaySaint

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

About time you came around.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 13:09 - Feb 28 with 1296 viewsSadoldgit

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:59 - Feb 28 by saint68

Yes I berated Johnson for his behaviour. He was a national embarrassment so why not? Where did I say that Ukraine should be prevented from joining NATO? I can understand that Putin would not want it to happen. That is something completely different.
Back to Johnson, a person interviewed on the street of Moscow said just the other day that she didn’t believe a word that came out of the Kremlin as it was all lies. It comes to something when we have two of the worlds leading statesman on either side of a conflict and both of them are pathological liars. Still, to paraphrase a saying, Johnson may be a pathogical liar but he is our pathological liar. I want him out as soon as is practical, but at the moment we need some stability to get us through this current crisis. Truss should go though and someone capable put in her place.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:34 - Feb 28 with 1247 viewsDorsetIan

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 13:09 - Feb 28 by Sadoldgit

Yes I berated Johnson for his behaviour. He was a national embarrassment so why not? Where did I say that Ukraine should be prevented from joining NATO? I can understand that Putin would not want it to happen. That is something completely different.
Back to Johnson, a person interviewed on the street of Moscow said just the other day that she didn’t believe a word that came out of the Kremlin as it was all lies. It comes to something when we have two of the worlds leading statesman on either side of a conflict and both of them are pathological liars. Still, to paraphrase a saying, Johnson may be a pathogical liar but he is our pathological liar. I want him out as soon as is practical, but at the moment we need some stability to get us through this current crisis. Truss should go though and someone capable put in her place.

I agree about Truss. She studied PPE at Oxford, then worked in various economics and accounting based roles before becoming an MP. She has no military or diplomatic experience and her only previous international role was in getting people to sign up for post-Brexit treaties.

When she speaks she sounds completely out of her depth - so robotic. I wouldn't have thought she had much claim to be qualified to do this important role, especially at this time.

This is not a party political point, there are plenty of Tories with much better military or foreign policy experience.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Feb 28 with 1202 viewsNumber_58

Whatever!!

This surely can't be the same Dune who openly expressed his admiration for Putin on here when he dropped chemical weapons and barrel bombs in Syria. He even mocked the poor victims. Some have not forgotten.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Feb 28 with 1184 viewskernow

Saint68 has confused that Dune persona with me.
Back then Dune was clapping his hands over atrocities in Syria.
I was denouncing Putin as the psychopath that he is.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Feb 28 with 1159 viewsRon11

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:34 - Feb 28 by DorsetIan

I agree about Truss. She studied PPE at Oxford, then worked in various economics and accounting based roles before becoming an MP. She has no military or diplomatic experience and her only previous international role was in getting people to sign up for post-Brexit treaties.

When she speaks she sounds completely out of her depth - so robotic. I wouldn't have thought she had much claim to be qualified to do this important role, especially at this time.

This is not a party political point, there are plenty of Tories with much better military or foreign policy experience.

Absolutely.
As well as her highly embarrassing claim that two Russian territories were part of Ukraine, her patronising big mouth could make the situation even worse, especially when it involves dinosaurs like Lavrov and Putin.
And no doubt if missiles started to rain down, she would be safely hiding away in a nice heated and lit bunker deep underground, unlike the rest of us.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Feb 28 with 1133 viewsBLEEDRED

Putin now using banned Cluster bombs (a war crime?) and carpet bombing civilian areas, getting desperate.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Feb 28 with 1095 viewsDellHero_Would

We must have an expert on the subject here. How does it work with the old red button?..There must be a chain of command whereby Mr P makes the call and it’s looked at by generals who would evaluate the situation as to whether he’s gone crackers or it’s in the best interests of the planet…Those old boys with all the medals must have families, grandkids etc…

Poll: Wearing a mask

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Feb 28 with 1017 viewsBison

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Feb 28 by DellHero_Would

We must have an expert on the subject here. How does it work with the old red button?..There must be a chain of command whereby Mr P makes the call and it’s looked at by generals who would evaluate the situation as to whether he’s gone crackers or it’s in the best interests of the planet…Those old boys with all the medals must have families, grandkids etc…

-- Chain of command --

The Russian constitution gives the president control over nuclear weapons, but the transmission of any order to use them, and the authentification of that order, also involve the defence minister and the armed forces' chief-of-staff.

How such a scenario would play out exactly "we don't know", said Pavel Podvig, a Russian independent military expert.

The two subordinates have "no right to veto, but there is still some kind of deliberation process," he said, adding: "It's not like there is a button on the president's table, there is a procedure."

Even if a nuclear strike order should come down, there is still the question of whether the armed forces would comply.

"They are not mad and they are not sectarians," said Pavel Luzin, a Russian military expert based in Moscow at Riddle, a think tank.

Many Russian government officials may well agree with western analysts who say that Russia would have much more to lose than to gain if it unleashed nuclear war.

"I personally don't think the Russian military elite will cheer at the idea of limited nuclear use in or about Ukraine," tweeted Kristin Ven Bruusgaard at Stanford University's Center for International Security and Cooperation.

"But who will break the news to Putin that this may in fact not work?", she added.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 23:11 - Feb 28 with 950 views1885_SFC

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 13:09 - Feb 28 by Sadoldgit

You also argued (along with grumpy) not that long ago, that the UK should get rid of its Trident nuclear deterrent as it was too expensive and was never going to be used... an utter waste of time & money you said.

Thank fook you're limited to having a pop at MP's instead of being one!

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 07:38 - Mar 1 with 850 viewssaint68

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:26 - Feb 28 by kernow

Saint68 has confused that Dune persona with me.
Back then Dune was clapping his hands over atrocities in Syria.
I was denouncing Putin as the psychopath that he is.

This was back in early 2015 in respect to the Crimea annexation...

His posts regarding Syria were a complete about-face to his previous standing point in regards to Crimea and the removal of Putin.

The thread was about wether he'd use Nukes on his enemies..obviously we stated that he's unhinged and would definitely use them if pressed..I'm sure you were one of just a few that agreed he needed taking out.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 8:00]

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 07:56 - Mar 1 with 842 viewssaint68

So Belarus are aiding the peace negotiations in one hand, and in the other they are allowing Moscow to place Nuclear weapons on their soil and let the Kremlin have access to their troops for battle....

I think we need to add Alexander Lukashenko to the hit list.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 09:32 - Mar 1 with 796 viewsSadoldgit

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 23:11 - Feb 28 by 1885_SFC

You also argued (along with grumpy) not that long ago, that the UK should get rid of its Trident nuclear deterrent as it was too expensive and was never going to be used... an utter waste of time & money you said.

Thank fook you're limited to having a pop at MP's instead of being one!

And I would still argue it. We are never, ever going to use ours. It clearly doesn’t stop people invading the Falklands, or the many conflicts around the world since 1945. If Putin does launch on us he will totally obliterate us so no chance of a second strike and although others might attack Russia it won’t matter as we won’t be here to see it. A country like us is far better off investing in smart technology warfare methods. The money staffed on Trident is better spent on hardware we will use. You clearly haven’t read any of the articles which argue against MAD as a concept. There are plenty of MPs who see that.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Mar 1 with 770 viewsJaySaint

If Ukraine had nuclear missiles, they would not be in the situation.

I would also say nukes are probably why we are not even enforcing a no- fly zone, let alone sending Russia home by force
[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 10:29]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024