Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread 10:17 - Feb 24 with 15876 viewsSaintNick

This thread for all the debates on the developing situation

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 18:34 - Feb 25 with 1711 viewsSadoldgit

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Feb 25 by JaySaint

Hows does "ones side suddenly get a defence system"?

This do not just appear! The US have been developing these for decades, and still have not done it properly

They don’t. It doesn’t stop them being developed.

https://bigthink.com/politics-current-affairs/why-mutually-assured-destruction-c
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 17:50 - Feb 26 with 1559 viewsBison

Don't watch this if you are of a nervous disposition...

This was done 3 years ago but eerily relevant...

[Post edited 26 Feb 2022 18:14]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:53 - Feb 26 with 1460 views1885_SFC

Heavy combat footage with the Ukrainians using British supplied anti-tank weapons...

A bit close for comfort...

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 11:13 - Feb 27 with 1372 views1885_SFC

Russian MI-24 Hind chopper going down...

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 12:14 - Feb 27 with 1344 viewsSadoldgit

Strange to watch people driving around in cars while tanks battle it out with each other.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Feb 27 with 1281 viewsdirk_doone

"Vladimir Putin has ordered his military command to put Russia's nuclear deterrence forces on high alert." The problem is he such a sociopath that it's quite possible he'd rather plunge the world into a nuclear holocaust than lose face.

He has to be assassinated before he can do any more damage. Surely, the combined forces of the western world and opposition inside Russia should be able to find a way to take him out although, having said that, there were several failed attempts to kill Hitler. If one had succeeded, millions of lives would have been saved.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 14:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:15 - Feb 27 with 1273 views1885_SFC

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

"Vladimir Putin has ordered his military command to put Russia's nuclear deterrence forces on high alert." The problem is he such a sociopath that it's quite possible he'd rather plunge the world into a nuclear holocaust than lose face.

He has to be assassinated before he can do any more damage. Surely, the combined forces of the western world and opposition inside Russia should be able to find a way to take him out although, having said that, there were several failed attempts to kill Hitler. If one had succeeded, millions of lives would have been saved.

Every morning when I get up and put the news on, I'm waiting for news that Putin has been assassinated. Hopefully I'll get my wish in the coming days.

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:49 - Feb 27 with 1245 viewsBicester_North

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Feb 27 by dirk_doone

He is beyond the pail this pathetic bastard.

Surely just about everybody in the world (apart from the most militant Russians) must want him dead after this latest announcement.

I’d even think China must be nervous about him now.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Login to get fewer ads

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:23 - Feb 27 with 1168 views1885_SFC

Putin is getting more insane by the day. He needs eradicating - and quick. The bloke is mentally unstable and that makes him even more dangerous. Nuclear weapon standby? WTF did he expect Europe and the US to do when he invaded Ukraine - stand and watch and say "Oh well Ukraine, tough shít"? He must have fathomed in the West's reactions, surely?

Somebody shoot him. The CIA must have put $10m on his head by now and a luxury house in the suburbs of LA County & eternal asylum for the assassin by now?

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Feb 27 with 1166 viewsSaintsforeverj

Would Putin actually do it? Should the west be holding back, because of his threats? Putin could obliterate the whole world with his alleged nuclear weapons. He could take Ukraine and then invade other countries if we don't stop him. All he would need to say is how he will nuclear bomb any country that fights back. I think he is just threatening like a bullying dictator would. I agree he needs to be assassinated but if we can't, surely we can't just let him have his way. He needs to be stopped through war in the end, if other things don't work.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Feb 27 with 1153 viewsBicester_North

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Feb 27 by Saintsforeverj

Would Putin actually do it? Should the west be holding back, because of his threats? Putin could obliterate the whole world with his alleged nuclear weapons. He could take Ukraine and then invade other countries if we don't stop him. All he would need to say is how he will nuclear bomb any country that fights back. I think he is just threatening like a bullying dictator would. I agree he needs to be assassinated but if we can't, surely we can't just let him have his way. He needs to be stopped through war in the end, if other things don't work.

Even in the dark Cold War days I don’t feel like it was this perilous as there seemed to be more of a thought from both sides that too much provocation could lead to nuclear war. It feels like if this lunatic has his back against the wall and he’s losing face then he would just do it so he doesn’t go down in history looking like a loser.
It seems absolutely f*cking insane this is happening in 2022.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Feb 27 with 1150 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

Even in the dark Cold War days I don’t feel like it was this perilous as there seemed to be more of a thought from both sides that too much provocation could lead to nuclear war. It feels like if this lunatic has his back against the wall and he’s losing face then he would just do it so he doesn’t go down in history looking like a loser.
It seems absolutely f*cking insane this is happening in 2022.

This is the real worry isn't it. As you say, if Putin feels like he is losing, as he will in the end (we can't let him take over the world) then yeah he could just push the button to save face. "Nobody wins" as he was also quoted as saying.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Feb 27 with 1133 viewsBicester_North

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Feb 27 by Saintsforeverj

This is the real worry isn't it. As you say, if Putin feels like he is losing, as he will in the end (we can't let him take over the world) then yeah he could just push the button to save face. "Nobody wins" as he was also quoted as saying.

Another pathetic thing is the balaclavad up Russian police steaming into the protestors over there just for holding up signs or chanting. Those c*nts should hang for carrying out this fruit loop’s dirty work. Fair play to the Russian protestors they are all risking a lot.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Feb 27 with 1125 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

Another pathetic thing is the balaclavad up Russian police steaming into the protestors over there just for holding up signs or chanting. Those c*nts should hang for carrying out this fruit loop’s dirty work. Fair play to the Russian protestors they are all risking a lot.

In the end, the Russian people will rise up in huge numbers probably, which is where the sanctions have an impact, if they are starving or in poverty. But it comes back to Putin, will the madman just blow up the world?

And the point about the Russian people is important. Most I suspect are against the war but risk death if they criticise Putin, so we shouldn't be treating every Russian person with contempt. It's not their fault.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 18:48 - Feb 27 with 1059 viewsSadoldgit

There is no possible justification for the invasion of Ukraine. Putin and the members of his inner circle responsible for this should be charged with war crimes.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 with 1014 viewsElijahK

Well Russia’s now gone on high alert for their Nuclear defences (supposedly due to the “threatening” statements by NATO), really does make you wonder of what’s gonna happen in the next week or so!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Feb 27 with 994 viewsSadoldgit

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 by ElijahK

Well Russia’s now gone on high alert for their Nuclear defences (supposedly due to the “threatening” statements by NATO), really does make you wonder of what’s gonna happen in the next week or so!

Well, according to the MAD logic, it is all a bluff because he will never launch against us because we would destroy Russia in return. Nothing to worry about then! Then you have to ask yourself who would he launch against? All of the NATO countries? All of the countries who have imposed sanctions. Sounds like sabre rattling on a grand scale to me. Of course there is no way of second guessing a mad man, but there is absolutely no military threat to Russia from the West and the worst that happens to his country is a long drawn out war with Ukraine and financial hardship. If you don’t trade with me, I will nuke you. How does that work?
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:21 - Feb 27 with 987 viewsBison

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Feb 27 by Sadoldgit

Well, according to the MAD logic, it is all a bluff because he will never launch against us because we would destroy Russia in return. Nothing to worry about then! Then you have to ask yourself who would he launch against? All of the NATO countries? All of the countries who have imposed sanctions. Sounds like sabre rattling on a grand scale to me. Of course there is no way of second guessing a mad man, but there is absolutely no military threat to Russia from the West and the worst that happens to his country is a long drawn out war with Ukraine and financial hardship. If you don’t trade with me, I will nuke you. How does that work?

He will be dead within 2 weeks , or we all will.

It will take someone with sanity in the Kremlin, or more likely a conglomerate of Oligarchs to to take him down.

I think its that serious , we stop him in now or we delay the inevitable. The West has to draw the proverbial line in the sand.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Feb 27 with 920 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:38 - Feb 27 with 914 viewsSadoldgit

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 20:21 - Feb 27 by Bison

He will be dead within 2 weeks , or we all will.

It will take someone with sanity in the Kremlin, or more likely a conglomerate of Oligarchs to to take him down.

I think its that serious , we stop him in now or we delay the inevitable. The West has to draw the proverbial line in the sand.

I hope that you are right. Our best hope is that someone there realises what a threat this man is to Russia and World peace and takes him out. The longer the man remains in power the longer he poses a threat to the security of not only us but if his own people too.
Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 900 viewsElijahK

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Feb 27 by 1885_SFC

That movie looks great! 😂

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Feb 27 with 886 viewsBicester_North

India, Pakistan and China have all shown themselves to have scum leadership. Imran Khan flying in and kissing Putin’s arse the day he invaded because they want a gas pipeline deal with Russia.

A psycho prick who is threatening to destroy the world and these drips crack on as if nothing is happening.

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Feb 27 with 849 viewsBicester_North

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Feb 27 by 1885_SFC

Threads 1984 feels about right with this shrivelled c*nt

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 01:42 - Feb 28 with 827 viewsBison

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Feb 27 by Bicester_North

India, Pakistan and China have all shown themselves to have scum leadership. Imran Khan flying in and kissing Putin’s arse the day he invaded because they want a gas pipeline deal with Russia.

A psycho prick who is threatening to destroy the world and these drips crack on as if nothing is happening.

Proud to be British tonight for the support we supplied and your man in Kiev calling us out as such. Same guy , think he was the President of Ukraine , is a very brave guy.

Germans sending 500 stingers. Never been known to support any side.

It sounds awful to say its a benefit of Brexit given the circumstances , but we have made a huge difference in this. Like it or not UK and US have acted first, Western Europe ( Not EU ) finally caught up . The Poles tell it as it is :)

Ukraine V Russia Matchday Thread on 08:04 - Feb 28 with 741 viewsSadoldgit

It looks like things are changing

https://www.euractiv.com/section/europe-s-east/news/russias-war-in-ukraine-trigg

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/27/world/europe/germany-ukraine-russia.amp.html
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 8:08]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024