Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 11th December 09:42 - Sep 26 with 5207 viewspikeypaul

So who will be giving the guy who got us to Wembley last season a decent reception on December 11th?
Remember he got us there despite the hedge fund selling any tools he had too work with.which could earn them a dollar.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Cooper 11th December on 15:32 - Sep 27 with 1252 viewsswan_si

Cooper 11th December on 09:58 - Sep 27 by Dr_Parnassus

And as we are in a new thread discussing this, it will probably help to give first time readers some context surrounding it.

First 9 games under Cooper = 114 shots and 13 goals
First 9 games of 2nd Cooper season = 114 shots and 12 goals
First 9 games under Martin = 87 shots and 8 goals.

23% less attempts this season
9% less attempts on target this season
33% less goals this season

So again while some may wish to say they think we will become a more attacking side under Russ. It’s patently clear that currently, we aren’t.

Quite the opposite.

I share your hopes that we will become so however.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:32]

Ffs, not again.
Cooper 11th December on 23:48 - Sep 27 with 1194 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am minded of the Alan Tate testimonial. Several ex managers turned up which hugely impressed me. Big names in the sport Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rogers turned up on a free midweek to pay their respects. Brian Flynn also who lives up north. It was absurd the Martinez was called a 'Judas' as the fans played the pathetic "betrayal card" which belongs up there with the "next level " tosh.

Roberto had had his run ins with Tate in the past from recollection . No Jackett, Sousa or Laudrup but no adverse comment for them being abroad or involved in midweek games etc.

I believe in similar circumstances Steve Cooper would turn up for a testimonial for someone like Wayne Routledge for example. He did stay on to help in the pre-season so he left of reasonably good terms. No reason for hostility at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper 11th December on 23:50 - Sep 27 with 1185 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 15:32 - Sep 27 by swan_si

Ffs, not again.

Oh it’s a very obvious and boring point to make, but if people are giving misinformation on multiple threads… unfortunately you get to see the obvious rebuttal on various threads.

Take it up with the source of the repeated misinformation I would suggest.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper 11th December on 07:26 - Sep 28 with 1133 viewsChief

Cooper 11th December on 23:48 - Sep 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I am minded of the Alan Tate testimonial. Several ex managers turned up which hugely impressed me. Big names in the sport Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rogers turned up on a free midweek to pay their respects. Brian Flynn also who lives up north. It was absurd the Martinez was called a 'Judas' as the fans played the pathetic "betrayal card" which belongs up there with the "next level " tosh.

Roberto had had his run ins with Tate in the past from recollection . No Jackett, Sousa or Laudrup but no adverse comment for them being abroad or involved in midweek games etc.

I believe in similar circumstances Steve Cooper would turn up for a testimonial for someone like Wayne Routledge for example. He did stay on to help in the pre-season so he left of reasonably good terms. No reason for hostility at all.

You are right to compare the sellouts to Martinez.

Both lied to the fans.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper 11th December on 09:35 - Sep 28 with 1111 viewsMagic_Michu

Any tools he had to work with?

Last season we had:

- Woodman
- Guehi
- Cabango
- Roberts
- Grimes
- Hourihane
- Ayew
- Lowe

All top players… it’s hardly as if he was working with terrible players. We had one of the best squads in the league and he coached any flair and creativity out of them.

The season before he had an even better squad and he still failed.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Cooper 11th December on 09:43 - Sep 28 with 1104 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 09:35 - Sep 28 by Magic_Michu

Any tools he had to work with?

Last season we had:

- Woodman
- Guehi
- Cabango
- Roberts
- Grimes
- Hourihane
- Ayew
- Lowe

All top players… it’s hardly as if he was working with terrible players. We had one of the best squads in the league and he coached any flair and creativity out of them.

The season before he had an even better squad and he still failed.

Best squads in the league? You can’t honestly believe that. Unless you mean top 6 or 7 in which case I may agree.

It was not one that had any business getting promoted that’s for sure.

Potter:-

- Nordfeltd
- Roberts
- Van der Hoorn
- Rodon
- Dan James
- Ollie McBurnie
- Leroy Fer
- Olsson

That team finished 10th.

Last season we got to the play off final and lost against a team now comfortably competing in the Premier League.

Just drew 3-3 with Liverpool, 2 of the 3 scorers played against us in the Final. They were head and shoulders above us and the fact we finished 4th on 80 points still brings me great pride.

Cooper 11th December on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 1089 viewsMagic_Michu

Cooper 11th December on 09:43 - Sep 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Best squads in the league? You can’t honestly believe that. Unless you mean top 6 or 7 in which case I may agree.

It was not one that had any business getting promoted that’s for sure.

Potter:-

- Nordfeltd
- Roberts
- Van der Hoorn
- Rodon
- Dan James
- Ollie McBurnie
- Leroy Fer
- Olsson

That team finished 10th.

Last season we got to the play off final and lost against a team now comfortably competing in the Premier League.

Just drew 3-3 with Liverpool, 2 of the 3 scorers played against us in the Final. They were head and shoulders above us and the fact we finished 4th on 80 points still brings me great pride.

Yep… not top 2 but easily top 6.

Potter had a better squad but by far a harder job of picking a team up from relegation… reintroducing the Swansea style of play… and dealing with huge turnover in players.

His success would have been seen in his 2nd season.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Cooper 11th December on 10:58 - Sep 28 with 1085 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 10:50 - Sep 28 by Magic_Michu

Yep… not top 2 but easily top 6.

Potter had a better squad but by far a harder job of picking a team up from relegation… reintroducing the Swansea style of play… and dealing with huge turnover in players.

His success would have been seen in his 2nd season.

Yeah I’d agree with top 6 maybe.

I don’t think Potter did have a greater turnover in players did he? I am sure I put that myth to bed last year some time.

I’ll check the figures now:-

21 players left us under Potters first season.
23 players left us under Coopers first season.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper 11th December on 11:03 - Sep 28 with 1082 viewsItchySphincter

Cooper 11th December on 10:58 - Sep 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah I’d agree with top 6 maybe.

I don’t think Potter did have a greater turnover in players did he? I am sure I put that myth to bed last year some time.

I’ll check the figures now:-

21 players left us under Potters first season.
23 players left us under Coopers first season.

Potter’s season is viewed with slightly rose tinted specs. I enjoyed it and to an extent he did a marvellous job of dealing with the fallout of relegation but there were some glaring issues which he couldn’t address. Every time the opposition had a corner or throw in anywhere near our box you felt they would score. Potters team could not defend aerial balls in to the box for toffee, if they could have done the top six would have been comfortably within reach, but it was a return to better football and it was enjoyable nonetheless.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cooper 11th December on 11:09 - Sep 28 with 1078 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 11:03 - Sep 28 by ItchySphincter

Potter’s season is viewed with slightly rose tinted specs. I enjoyed it and to an extent he did a marvellous job of dealing with the fallout of relegation but there were some glaring issues which he couldn’t address. Every time the opposition had a corner or throw in anywhere near our box you felt they would score. Potters team could not defend aerial balls in to the box for toffee, if they could have done the top six would have been comfortably within reach, but it was a return to better football and it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Broadly agree, although I’m not sure there was that much “fallout” was there? I think that part is very much over egged based on other clubs nowhere near as fortunate as us.

We were in a very privileged position compared to a lot of relegated teams. We still managed to spend the record amount in any football league season and still had players such as McBurnie, Dan James, Van der Hoorn, Leroy Fer and Joe Rodon to choose from.

Sheffield United and WBA for example haven’t been able to spend anything this year.

Cooper 11th December on 22:06 - Sep 29 with 1024 viewsDr_Parnassus

Updated

First 10 games under Cooper = 127 shots and 15 goals
First 10 games of 2nd Cooper season = 127 shots and 13 goals
First 10 games under Martin = 94 shots and 9 goals.

Now at a 26% decline currently.

Cooper 11th December on 22:24 - Sep 29 with 1000 viewsWalterBoyd

Cooper 11th December on 07:26 - Sep 28 by Chief

You are right to compare the sellouts to Martinez.

Both lied to the fans.

Anyone who criticizes Martinez for his one 'lie' when spoken passionately and from the heart, and thinks that is more important than his achievements for the Swans needs to look in the mirror.

We have some really sad fans following our club.

Martinez was brilliant for SCFC. If you cant see that, file under sad bitter muppet. Next to Kermit and Miss Piggy.
Cooper 11th December on 22:29 - Sep 29 with 991 viewsChief

Cooper 11th December on 22:24 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

Anyone who criticizes Martinez for his one 'lie' when spoken passionately and from the heart, and thinks that is more important than his achievements for the Swans needs to look in the mirror.

We have some really sad fans following our club.

Martinez was brilliant for SCFC. If you cant see that, file under sad bitter muppet. Next to Kermit and Miss Piggy.

- where did I say that was more important?

- yes, ones which dig up old posts seemingly to start up an argument - I notice you're getting prolific at it.

- I have never said Martinez wasn't.

Go and find another old post

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper 11th December on 16:53 - Oct 2 with 914 viewsDr_Parnassus

Updated

First 11 games under Cooper = 149 shots and 16 goals
First 11 games of 2nd Cooper season = 146 shots and 13 goals
First 11 games under Martin = 108 shots and 9 goals.

Huge drop off, it really is.

Cooper 11th December on 17:00 - Oct 2 with 903 viewsAndyCole

With Cooper's resurgent Forest smashing B'ham 3-0 away from home, Cooper leapfrogs Martin to push us just above the relegation zone.

7 shots on target with just 46% possession. 3 Goals to Nil.

Us today, under Martine:

2 shots on target with a massive, pointless 76% possession.

Winning football is what it's about.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Cooper 11th December on 19:58 - Oct 2 with 880 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper 11th December on 17:00 - Oct 2 by AndyCole

With Cooper's resurgent Forest smashing B'ham 3-0 away from home, Cooper leapfrogs Martin to push us just above the relegation zone.

7 shots on target with just 46% possession. 3 Goals to Nil.

Us today, under Martine:

2 shots on target with a massive, pointless 76% possession.

Winning football is what it's about.

Coopers’s Forest are on a real run of good form, if they carry on like this they’ll be flying up the table. I was stunned when I saw the scoreline.
Cooper 11th December on 20:09 - Oct 2 with 867 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cooper 11th December on 22:06 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Updated

First 10 games under Cooper = 127 shots and 15 goals
First 10 games of 2nd Cooper season = 127 shots and 13 goals
First 10 games under Martin = 94 shots and 9 goals.

Now at a 26% decline currently.

If we did not have a fan base so easily manipulated into believing that a high possession percentage equals good football, there would be strong calls for Martin to be sacked already. We've seen managers sacked off of fan revolt over far better results and performances than what we're seeing from Martin.

Let's hope he finds a way to, at the very least, steal some wins very soon. Changing the style of play isn't acceptable if the cost is relegation.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cooper 11th December on 23:28 - Oct 2 with 826 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 20:09 - Oct 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If we did not have a fan base so easily manipulated into believing that a high possession percentage equals good football, there would be strong calls for Martin to be sacked already. We've seen managers sacked off of fan revolt over far better results and performances than what we're seeing from Martin.

Let's hope he finds a way to, at the very least, steal some wins very soon. Changing the style of play isn't acceptable if the cost is relegation.

Hard to disagree with.

It's like a completely different game we play to the rest of the world. We are a professional possessionball team playing in a professional football league.

Our opposition have a remit to get points from the game, we have a remit to have more of the ball. Both clubs have been leaving happy far too often for my liking on that basis.

Cooper 11th December on 00:39 - Oct 3 with 815 viewsSwans9

I don't get anti Cooper he tried and finished play offs two seasons running if that is failure then Potter getting us 10th in the league must of deserved the sack.
Cooper 11th December on 11:11 - Oct 3 with 763 viewsBadlands

Cooper 11th December on 16:08 - Sep 26 by Dr_Parnassus

…and yet our only league two wins this season has come when we have had our least possession by some distance and most long balls.

Martin isn’t a stupid man, you can tell that from the way he speaks, he’s switched on. What he has tried with this group hasn’t worked out as he planned, he’s subtly trying to find a middle ground and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

If this continues and he does indeed continue to learn like that, he may well become one of my favourite managers. I love a manager who is able to adapt on the fly and not afraid to back down from a plan that isn’t working.

Bristol good passing and a little individual magic.
Again v Hudds good passing before a little individual magic.
We didn't play Cooperball nor were we pragmatic - we got tired in the second half and Huddersfield press us higher up the field.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper 11th December on 11:19 - Oct 3 with 760 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper 11th December on 11:11 - Oct 3 by Badlands

Bristol good passing and a little individual magic.
Again v Hudds good passing before a little individual magic.
We didn't play Cooperball nor were we pragmatic - we got tired in the second half and Huddersfield press us higher up the field.

Who mentioned Cooperball? I don’t even know that is to be fair.

Again, we had by far and away our most long balls against both Huddersfield and Bristol.

There is no getting away from it. We were absolutely more pragmatic in defence.

Possession:- guess the two wins?

vs Derby 76%
vs Luton 73%
vs Blackburn 72%
vs Hull 70%
vs Stoke 64%
vs Millwall 64%
vs Sheff Utd 63%
Vs Fulham 62%
vs Preston 60%
vs Bristol City 55%
vs Huddersfield 54%

Long ball stats - guess the two wins?

Our two highest long ball games:-

Bristol City WIN - 66 long balls (14% of our pass composition)
Huddersfield WIN - 70 long balls (13.8% of our pass composition)

Our two lowest long ball games:-

Stoke LOSS - 51 long balls (6.7% of our pass composition)
Hull DRAW - 29 long balls (4.1% of our pass composition)

It’s not a coincidence.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 11:24]

Cooper 11th December on 13:49 - Oct 3 with 741 viewsDewi1jack

Fine.
Clap him and Tatey before the game or at the end.
Couple of renditions of a "team of Alan Tates" again before or after the game.
During the game...
NO.
Definite no.

Same as ex players unless they're leaving the pitch

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024