Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL season over? 14:21 - Apr 30 with 9636 viewsWhiterockin

And no crowds in 2020?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-players-told-its-likely-2195216
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:21]
EFL season over? on 11:57 - May 3 with 1336 viewsmonmouth

EFL season over? on 09:03 - May 3 by Phil_S

I'd be amazed if there wasn't the ability to have a refund. It may be the return of cash or the option to offset against the 21/22 cost or in return for free streaming of every game for the season but not sure I agree with it being lost, I am not sure how they can do that.

And as - I think it was Lisa said - why shouldnt we get our money back when Ayew is still pocketing his massive £ every week, I am sure the impact of this has hit you financially as it has me yet these people are refusing to budge (clearly that is not unique to us but the playing operation as a whole)

Your statement though of "Greed and self interest is hard wired" is absolutely spot on and ultimately it is one of the key things that cost us our place in the Premier League, the very vehicle that was supposed to enhance the game but has turned into the opposite effect

Your tat

Aye,it was ‘offsets’ or Jam tomorrow credits I was thinking of. Just not cash refunds.

I couldn’t agree more about Ayew eat al, and Birch et al. Especially when they are taking taxpayers money to subsidise lower paid staff.

I have been lucky not to be hit - yet. But I don’t expect to remain unscathed for sure. Others won’t be so lucky and, in my mind the club should already have offered the option of refunds for next seasons STs. Football simply won’t be where many people want to put their scarce resources for some time.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EFL season over? on 13:16 - May 3 with 1294 viewsCatullus

EFL season over? on 21:41 - May 2 by Phil_S

it would have to be huge. I think we all know the only way we were likely to get through the summer would have been the reduction of the wage bill (with MVDH leaving as an example) and probable sale of Joe Rodon.

Without income (we will be down I reckon around £1.5m this season and if you assume no crowds next season until January then that could be £5m+ more lost revenue and that is without thinking about how confident people will be going to a game even when we are allowed to. And then of course you have to have the option of season ticket refunds. ANy closed door games will of course be offset a little by likely live transmission

The transfer market will see no (or certainly very little) movement of anyone other than free agents but will clubs really take on new liabilities. We are one of just a handful of clubs in the championship not financed by a wealthy individual.

The simple fact is we couldn't really afford Ayew's wages before all this (well done to the person who signed off on that particular contract) and a 20% deferral is going to make no difference to the club nor would a 20% pay cut.

The PFA have to step in and work with clubs to make significant changes to the rules, consider wage caps and ensure the game survives. But the PFA are showing little signs of instructing their members into this and in fairness some clubs have also led from the top with no wage cuts which doesn't make sense.

IMO the season should have already been called off - all the news talk of trying to kick start in June is hugely ignoring the disaster that is happening around us and shows just how highly the game rates itself in everyday life. Whatever Bill Shankly said on the subject he was wrong it isn't more important than life and death but the media seem to still think it was.

Let Leeds, West Brom, Liverpool, whoever launch their legal campaigns if they see fit to do so in a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people, they shouldn't get any sympathy for that.

Kill this season, start working on what next season looks like, ensure clubs can survive now just now but well into the future. And all the power to do that sits with the football authorities if they choose to make it happen

I agree with almost all of that apart from kill this season. I think we need to take up where we left off when it is safe.

I don't see how deferrals helps when you have no income though, we'll have less money when they go back to full pay than we do now.

Football was due a big shake up and that time seems to have come.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL season over? on 11:06 - May 4 with 1143 viewsPhil_S

EFL season over? on 13:16 - May 3 by Catullus

I agree with almost all of that apart from kill this season. I think we need to take up where we left off when it is safe.

I don't see how deferrals helps when you have no income though, we'll have less money when they go back to full pay than we do now.

Football was due a big shake up and that time seems to have come.

The only thing I would say to that is are we assuming that the players will be the same squads that we had when things were suspended in March. I think it is something like 11 players we have out of contract at the end of June for example...

Totally agree on deferred pay, waste of time, token gesture and two bad press releases from the club (amongst other clubs dong the same) tryng to make out everyone is doing us a favour.

The problem will also not be helped with the players taking a view that they wont take a cut if those at the top arent
EFL season over? on 14:03 - May 4 with 1045 viewsCatullus

EFL season over? on 11:06 - May 4 by Phil_S

The only thing I would say to that is are we assuming that the players will be the same squads that we had when things were suspended in March. I think it is something like 11 players we have out of contract at the end of June for example...

Totally agree on deferred pay, waste of time, token gesture and two bad press releases from the club (amongst other clubs dong the same) tryng to make out everyone is doing us a favour.

The problem will also not be helped with the players taking a view that they wont take a cut if those at the top arent

The players out of contract might have a job finding a new club, hardly any club (unless owned by an oli sheikh or similar) will have spare cash after this.

The whole football league faces a tough time, even those rich clubs. Clubs will go under, fans will cry and rich players will still be rich!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024