Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL season over? 14:21 - Apr 30 with 9634 viewsWhiterockin

And no crowds in 2020?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-players-told-its-likely-2195216
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 14:21]
EFL season over? on 17:24 - May 1 with 1792 viewsBillyChong

EFL season over? on 22:05 - Apr 30 by pencoedjack

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years, been to around 70 away grounds spending 1000’s, the Swans were probably a big reason in the break up of my 1st marriage & I don’t get it.

400 notes to a US hedge funds back pocket carry on fella
[Post edited 30 Apr 2020 22:46]

Yeah no chance. Good luck getting any of that refunded.
EFL season over? on 18:47 - May 1 with 1726 viewsperplex

EFL season over? on 20:40 - Apr 30 by eddie71

Its not though, because I have no emotional attachment to a travel agency. My Dad didnt take me to the local Thomas Cook on the bus when I was eight. Your football club is different, it is for me anyway. Fans dont travel to other grounds with collection buckets when thier travel agent cant pay its bill no do they march.

I can't really explain it. You either get this or you don't.

Then you carry on, if I had to part with £450 I would rather give it to a worthwhile cause not a fcuking football club consisting of well off and well payed guys who run the club, and yep I do not get it, i just simply think your nuts.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 18:48]
EFL season over? on 19:10 - May 1 with 1709 viewspencoedjack

EFL season over? on 18:47 - May 1 by perplex

Then you carry on, if I had to part with £450 I would rather give it to a worthwhile cause not a fcuking football club consisting of well off and well payed guys who run the club, and yep I do not get it, i just simply think your nuts.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 18:48]

I think Eddie has had a bit of a mare here.
EFL season over? on 00:13 - May 2 with 1606 viewsSTID2017

EFL season over? on 21:55 - Apr 30 by Best_loser

So your saying that same government should have the guts to also ban millions of non essential workers returning to work ?

That's what they are sanctioning soon, the government

Yes. Exactly what I am saying.
No one should be doing non essential work but local and national government are trying to "persuade" people it is safe to start returning to normal.
Football definitely isn't essential, neither is nice little pictures for your wall or ornaments for your house or garden, which I have witnessed some buying lately

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

EFL season over? on 00:24 - May 2 with 1603 viewsFireboy2

EFL season over? on 00:13 - May 2 by STID2017

No one should be doing non essential work but local and national government are trying to "persuade" people it is safe to start returning to normal.
Football definitely isn't essential, neither is nice little pictures for your wall or ornaments for your house or garden, which I have witnessed some buying lately

The PL is essential to some G.

The fvcking money men.

How can they carry on and finish the PL and not the other 3 divisions?

One word, money.
EFL season over? on 00:26 - May 2 with 1597 viewsSTID2017

EFL season over? on 00:24 - May 2 by Fireboy2

The PL is essential to some G.

The fvcking money men.

How can they carry on and finish the PL and not the other 3 divisions?

One word, money.

Exactly. Greed overrides common sense every time.

EFL season over? on 00:27 - May 2 with 1597 viewsFireboy2

EFL season over? on 00:26 - May 2 by STID2017

Exactly. Greed overrides common sense every time.

Good to see aguero making his point, saying that they shouldnt start back up.
EFL season over? on 00:31 - May 2 with 1593 viewsSTID2017

EFL season over? on 00:27 - May 2 by Fireboy2

Good to see aguero making his point, saying that they shouldnt start back up.

Did he ?
I hope they all back him.
Genuinely always liked him, plays the game with a smile. Brilliant player

Login to get fewer ads

EFL season over? on 00:35 - May 2 with 1595 viewsFireboy2

EFL season over? on 00:31 - May 2 by STID2017

Did he ?

Yep, if all ponsy PL players were like him the PL would be a far better league.
EFL season over? on 08:11 - May 2 with 1551 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 00:13 - May 2 by STID2017

Fair enough, but to get to that low level of risk the lockdown would have to continue for another 12 months at least

In 12 months time the risk in football will still be there, there might not be any fans allowed in stadiums unroll 2022 even if football starts again soon

Herd immunity will have to be reached sooner or later,
EFL season over? on 09:02 - May 2 with 1524 viewsPhil_S

Why should anyone leave their season ticket money in there whilst the players continue to take full wages.

Get the PFA on the case, bring those wages down to a level that allows the clubs to survive and maybe it's worth a rethink

Because right now football is staring into an abyss where very few clubs will survive
EFL season over? on 10:19 - May 2 with 1480 viewsCatullus

EFL season over? on 09:02 - May 2 by Phil_S

Why should anyone leave their season ticket money in there whilst the players continue to take full wages.

Get the PFA on the case, bring those wages down to a level that allows the clubs to survive and maybe it's worth a rethink

Because right now football is staring into an abyss where very few clubs will survive

What level (wages) do you think that would be though? Without any income the clubs already in debt would still fold.
We might be looking at the biggest shake up in football ever, unless the government steps in.

How many clubs were already heavily in debt at the start of this?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

EFL season over? on 14:21 - May 2 with 1417 viewsNotLoyal

Anything that rag says I would take with a pinch of Guardian.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

EFL season over? on 18:44 - May 2 with 1368 viewsjack_lord

EFL season over? on 15:23 - May 1 by jack247

Exactly.

This is the way that stops the Premier League being sued for £100m or so by the current bottom three/top two in the Championship.

If we can’t finish the season, some clubs, like us, are going to lose out, while some will benefit massively.

If the season had ended after 15 games we were top (in the morning at least) and there would have been hell to play if we got automatic promotion and the football club would have benefitted. I can't see a fair way apart from finishing the season but how will that happen without breaking all kinds of social distance rules etc;
If the season cannot be continued at this point, is it more fair to promote a team that didn't actually win anything?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

EFL season over? on 21:41 - May 2 with 1311 viewsPhil_S

EFL season over? on 10:19 - May 2 by Catullus

What level (wages) do you think that would be though? Without any income the clubs already in debt would still fold.
We might be looking at the biggest shake up in football ever, unless the government steps in.

How many clubs were already heavily in debt at the start of this?

it would have to be huge. I think we all know the only way we were likely to get through the summer would have been the reduction of the wage bill (with MVDH leaving as an example) and probable sale of Joe Rodon.

Without income (we will be down I reckon around £1.5m this season and if you assume no crowds next season until January then that could be £5m+ more lost revenue and that is without thinking about how confident people will be going to a game even when we are allowed to. And then of course you have to have the option of season ticket refunds. ANy closed door games will of course be offset a little by likely live transmission

The transfer market will see no (or certainly very little) movement of anyone other than free agents but will clubs really take on new liabilities. We are one of just a handful of clubs in the championship not financed by a wealthy individual.

The simple fact is we couldn't really afford Ayew's wages before all this (well done to the person who signed off on that particular contract) and a 20% deferral is going to make no difference to the club nor would a 20% pay cut.

The PFA have to step in and work with clubs to make significant changes to the rules, consider wage caps and ensure the game survives. But the PFA are showing little signs of instructing their members into this and in fairness some clubs have also led from the top with no wage cuts which doesn't make sense.

IMO the season should have already been called off - all the news talk of trying to kick start in June is hugely ignoring the disaster that is happening around us and shows just how highly the game rates itself in everyday life. Whatever Bill Shankly said on the subject he was wrong it isn't more important than life and death but the media seem to still think it was.

Let Leeds, West Brom, Liverpool, whoever launch their legal campaigns if they see fit to do so in a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people, they shouldn't get any sympathy for that.

Kill this season, start working on what next season looks like, ensure clubs can survive now just now but well into the future. And all the power to do that sits with the football authorities if they choose to make it happen
EFL season over? on 22:01 - May 2 with 1293 viewsFireboy2

EFL season over? on 21:41 - May 2 by Phil_S

it would have to be huge. I think we all know the only way we were likely to get through the summer would have been the reduction of the wage bill (with MVDH leaving as an example) and probable sale of Joe Rodon.

Without income (we will be down I reckon around £1.5m this season and if you assume no crowds next season until January then that could be £5m+ more lost revenue and that is without thinking about how confident people will be going to a game even when we are allowed to. And then of course you have to have the option of season ticket refunds. ANy closed door games will of course be offset a little by likely live transmission

The transfer market will see no (or certainly very little) movement of anyone other than free agents but will clubs really take on new liabilities. We are one of just a handful of clubs in the championship not financed by a wealthy individual.

The simple fact is we couldn't really afford Ayew's wages before all this (well done to the person who signed off on that particular contract) and a 20% deferral is going to make no difference to the club nor would a 20% pay cut.

The PFA have to step in and work with clubs to make significant changes to the rules, consider wage caps and ensure the game survives. But the PFA are showing little signs of instructing their members into this and in fairness some clubs have also led from the top with no wage cuts which doesn't make sense.

IMO the season should have already been called off - all the news talk of trying to kick start in June is hugely ignoring the disaster that is happening around us and shows just how highly the game rates itself in everyday life. Whatever Bill Shankly said on the subject he was wrong it isn't more important than life and death but the media seem to still think it was.

Let Leeds, West Brom, Liverpool, whoever launch their legal campaigns if they see fit to do so in a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people, they shouldn't get any sympathy for that.

Kill this season, start working on what next season looks like, ensure clubs can survive now just now but well into the future. And all the power to do that sits with the football authorities if they choose to make it happen

Great post Phil.

I think you are spot on, pity the megalomaniacs who are running the game are too selfish to realise that football isnt just about the PL.

Hopefully sense will be seen and the people who matter will realise that football is about the smaller clubs with real fans.
EFL season over? on 22:16 - May 2 with 1280 viewsmonmouth

They won't. Not untill all their members are in the abyss with nowhere to turn, Greed and self interest is hard wired. I doubt there will be any season ticket refunds by the way. One way or another those of us that have paid can kiss that goodbye. We'll be very lucky to get through this and still have a club.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

EFL season over? on 00:04 - May 3 with 1233 viewsLuther27

The bubble was always going to burst, but I never expected it this way. Football has been revealed for what it is...total self interest and greed beyond what even the local club supporter envisaged. Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys about any club. I do however care about the survival of local businesses, and the people that put their lives on the line protecting us.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

EFL season over? on 09:03 - May 3 with 1160 viewsPhil_S

EFL season over? on 22:16 - May 2 by monmouth

They won't. Not untill all their members are in the abyss with nowhere to turn, Greed and self interest is hard wired. I doubt there will be any season ticket refunds by the way. One way or another those of us that have paid can kiss that goodbye. We'll be very lucky to get through this and still have a club.

I'd be amazed if there wasn't the ability to have a refund. It may be the return of cash or the option to offset against the 21/22 cost or in return for free streaming of every game for the season but not sure I agree with it being lost, I am not sure how they can do that.

And as - I think it was Lisa said - why shouldnt we get our money back when Ayew is still pocketing his massive £ every week, I am sure the impact of this has hit you financially as it has me yet these people are refusing to budge (clearly that is not unique to us but the playing operation as a whole)

Your statement though of "Greed and self interest is hard wired" is absolutely spot on and ultimately it is one of the key things that cost us our place in the Premier League, the very vehicle that was supposed to enhance the game but has turned into the opposite effect

Your tat
EFL season over? on 09:44 - May 3 with 1139 viewsWhiterockin

EFL season over? on 09:03 - May 3 by Phil_S

I'd be amazed if there wasn't the ability to have a refund. It may be the return of cash or the option to offset against the 21/22 cost or in return for free streaming of every game for the season but not sure I agree with it being lost, I am not sure how they can do that.

And as - I think it was Lisa said - why shouldnt we get our money back when Ayew is still pocketing his massive £ every week, I am sure the impact of this has hit you financially as it has me yet these people are refusing to budge (clearly that is not unique to us but the playing operation as a whole)

Your statement though of "Greed and self interest is hard wired" is absolutely spot on and ultimately it is one of the key things that cost us our place in the Premier League, the very vehicle that was supposed to enhance the game but has turned into the opposite effect

Your tat

If we have paid for a product and don't receive it they have to offer a refund. Anyone paying by credit card should be able to claim through Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Offering free streaming is not what we have paid for. The payment we have made for this season has not been fulfilled either, the club needs to make an official statement, it would be interesting to know the trusts thoughts on this.

I know these are unprecedented times, but there are families really struggling at the moment and will be for quite a while. Swansea City has always been a family club (well up until the last couple of seasons) its time for some clarity.
EFL season over? on 11:04 - May 3 with 1068 viewsHighjack

EFL season over? on 00:31 - May 2 by STID2017

Did he ?

Bastard always scored against us though.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

EFL season over? on 11:11 - May 3 with 1056 viewsNotLoyal

EFL season over? on 09:44 - May 3 by Whiterockin

If we have paid for a product and don't receive it they have to offer a refund. Anyone paying by credit card should be able to claim through Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. Offering free streaming is not what we have paid for. The payment we have made for this season has not been fulfilled either, the club needs to make an official statement, it would be interesting to know the trusts thoughts on this.

I know these are unprecedented times, but there are families really struggling at the moment and will be for quite a while. Swansea City has always been a family club (well up until the last couple of seasons) its time for some clarity.

Is there a time limit ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

EFL season over? on 11:13 - May 3 with 1056 viewsJBT95

I agree in a way, while I wouldn't mind the club keeping my £400, I'd want to see players wages reduced. Nobody should be on more than £5k a week at the maximum with this going on.

The 20% wage deferral I don't get. They should be able to take at least a 20% pay cut like the majority of those on furlough.
EFL season over? on 11:33 - May 3 with 1037 viewsWhiterockin

EFL season over? on 11:11 - May 3 by NotLoyal

Is there a time limit ?

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it is 120 day from when you first notice a problem.
EFL season over? on 11:45 - May 3 with 1018 viewsBest_loser

EFL season over? on 11:33 - May 3 by Whiterockin

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it is 120 day from when you first notice a problem.

It's probably up to the club, morally they should refund

However, most clubs have a no refund clause in their terms and conditions for season tickets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024