Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More VAR madness. 17:16 - Feb 2 with 4266 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Spurs v Man City.
Stirling doesn't get a red card, neither does Zinchenko for a bad foul and studs up and then Loris saves a Penalty only to catch Stirling, no foul given and Stirling gets a yellow.
You couldn't make it up, but VAR did.

ps Actually Sterling didn't get the yellow in the Penalty incident it was Zinchenko & Alderweireld.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 17:21]
More VAR madness. on 14:36 - Feb 3 with 899 viewsTimTtam

More VAR madness. on 09:02 - Feb 3 by ploppy

Your elbow or arm can't be offside. It has to be a part of the body you can legally score with. Not one VAR decision (and I hate it, BTW) has given a player's arm/elbow offside. The problem often is what they refer to as the armpit - the grey area (not literally) between arm and shoulder.

And also, I doubt VAR would have overturned Man C's penalty against us. Did you see Sterling yesterday?

In principle VAR would've overturned Sterling's non-penalty. You make a good point that in practice they probably would've approved it.

The problem is that England are sh*t at implementing VAR. Other countries have had far less problems with VAR. Christ, even Australia has implemented VAR properly. In Australia when there's an incident under review, the ref goes and looks at the footage, and then makes a decision. There's also an audio explanation for fans to understand why a decision has been made.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/epl-a-league-var-referees-uk-medi

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

More VAR madness. on 15:12 - Feb 3 with 876 viewsOldjack

I've said it many times ,it's great if it favours your team ,and believe it or not it does actually work correctly 99% of the time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

More VAR madness. on 15:19 - Feb 3 with 870 viewsA_Fans_Dad

More VAR madness. on 15:12 - Feb 3 by Oldjack

I've said it many times ,it's great if it favours your team ,and believe it or not it does actually work correctly 99% of the time

Not this weekend it didn't.
Not even close.
More VAR madness. on 15:24 - Feb 3 with 862 viewsOldjack

More VAR madness. on 15:19 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Not this weekend it didn't.
Not even close.

Are you saying Sterling didn't do his usual dive

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

More VAR madness. on 15:27 - Feb 3 with 862 viewsploppy

I'm also fed up of ex-players/pundits defending diving. They can't even bring themselves to say the word sometimes. Jenas on MODT2 last night said that if he was Sterling he was "absolutely going down". It's cheating - plain and simple. The rule should be if player's already "going down" before contact, it's no pen - and it's a yellow card. This is easy to spot by VAR but they're reluctant to do so. The worst case recently was Willian against (don't remember) - he was almost on the floor by the time there was contact, which he initiated anyway. Penalty given. Pathetic.
More VAR madness. on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 856 viewsA_Fans_Dad

More VAR madness. on 15:24 - Feb 3 by Oldjack

Are you saying Sterling didn't do his usual dive

Did you actually watch any of that match?
Why bring up a supposed dive, which wasn't and ignore the other crap VAR decisions that were made.
The only one they got right was the Penalty, which took over 2 minutes for the ref to react to.
More VAR madness. on 16:03 - Feb 3 with 846 viewsOldjack

More VAR madness. on 15:46 - Feb 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Did you actually watch any of that match?
Why bring up a supposed dive, which wasn't and ignore the other crap VAR decisions that were made.
The only one they got right was the Penalty, which took over 2 minutes for the ref to react to.

because VAR was involved ,and VAR revealed he dived hence no second Pen ,all the VAR were correct , albeit one did take sometime time to sort out ,HAIL VAR

More VAR madness. on 16:24 - Feb 3 with 838 viewsCountyJim

Why not just give each team say one challenge similar to cricket it would cut down on delays as well
Login to get fewer ads

More VAR madness. on 08:36 - Feb 4 with 800 viewsTimTtam

More VAR madness. on 16:24 - Feb 3 by CountyJim

Why not just give each team say one challenge similar to cricket it would cut down on delays as well

I like this idea, as controversial as it may be. But I'd say 2 challenges to each team over the duration of the game. Cricket would be annoying if every incident was reviewed. Blunders happen with reviews too, but we move on (Leach out LBW, but Aus out of reviews at Headingly 2019 ). It would allow horror decisions to be corrected because everyone on the pitch would know to review. And it may even stop cheaters like Sterling from diving, because Man City may unintentionally challenge in the hope of getting a penalty.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024