Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back 15:31 - Apr 24 with 2809 viewsHannibal

Hello all

I have spent over a month off this site now. I have noticed a couple of things whilst still reading now and then. Traffic appears to have decreased on here since I’ve been gone. It seems to me I haven’t been putting anyone off posting, (spell chekker). Apart from that is, BRR who appears to have less involvement here in my absence.

I wonder why🤪. There are no conspiracies of course😃

Whilst I’m all for harmony and happiness it doesn’t really make for spirited debate on here when everyone just agrees with everyone. When I say everyone of course I mean all 5 of you really and most of the time there are only 2 main protagonists filling pages up with threads about this and that. Mostly not football related I might add.

I note that the season ticket debacle is now in full flow on the other site. BRR as usual is showing why I have been questioning his judgment for years in defending the price hikes particularly for children whilst failing to understand why it’s such an issue for many people. I’m going to guess that as this too, for some inexplicable reason is a Pro BRR location, I’ll once again get short shrift for saying so but I feel like rolling the dice.

Apologies in advance if this post or my mere presence puts anyone off posting🤔 or stifles debate, ruffles feathers.

But I feel like this site needs a bit of pep pill.👍

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 19:05 - Apr 24 with 997 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:57 - Apr 24 by Hannibal

You have an unusual way of showing it.

So how about answering my burning question about why you always leap to the defence of BRR?

Since you’re feeling glad.😃

I don't defend him. He seems more than capable of defending himself. However I see no problem in agreeing with him (or anyone) if I think they are right.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 19:50 - Apr 24 with 977 viewsROTTWEILERS

I think (know) there's a site that does custom made Voodoo dolls. I never took the plunge but you could? When Robbie stops doing your nut in, just pretend it's Shaun Harvey. They don't look that dissimilar.

Por favour

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:02 - Apr 24 with 972 viewsjanegallagher

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 19:50 - Apr 24 by ROTTWEILERS

I think (know) there's a site that does custom made Voodoo dolls. I never took the plunge but you could? When Robbie stops doing your nut in, just pretend it's Shaun Harvey. They don't look that dissimilar.

Por favour

Can you get me one for Gnanduillet please

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:07 - Apr 24 with 971 viewsImperial

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 19:50 - Apr 24 by ROTTWEILERS

Por favour

On the season ticket issue I would have put up the old farts tickets to subsidise the next generation.

Yes I fall into the old fart category.

It does appear to be an own goal.
Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:53 - Apr 24 with 950 viewsspell_chekker

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:07 - Apr 24 by Imperial

On the season ticket issue I would have put up the old farts tickets to subsidise the next generation.

Yes I fall into the old fart category.

It does appear to be an own goal.

That's a plan.

Hit the old farts hard to subsidise the kids.

They'll soon be dead / not the future of the club.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:54 - Apr 24 with 948 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 18:36 - Apr 24 by Hannibal

‘Thought I said that BRR and TAM can defend themselves, however TAM is a Non-Executive Director which if memory serves me right means he cannot vote or take a wage. ‘

You like trying to be clever don’t you? Reminds me of someone.

I know TAMs position on the board. I don’t need to have it revealed by you. However you and I both know in reality that he will have a great deal of influence as someone who was and is closely linked to BST and is seen and indeed appointed as the ‘voice of the fans’. Is it really that you’re so naive that you expect me to believe that he isn’t a big influence on a board with little collective inside experience of the club and it’s workings? Pull the other one.

‘His role is I would expect more observational, and I'd guess suggest ideas, which the other board members might take to, or file in the bin.’

See above.

‘As for BRR, last time I checked he wasn't on the BST committee’.

Did I say he was?? He clearly has influence though. It’s bloody obvious. He is and has been for a long time a cheerleader for them. I endured his talk on governance within the game on the BST video and for the life of me I don’t really know what it was about other than him ingratiating himself as usual.

‘Again I'll say it's NOT for me to defend them, they can speak for themselves.’

But you always do. Why???? If it’s not for you to defend them why do you insist on doing it?

‘Please read my posts on the Season Tickets thread and explain to me how that is defending BRR, BST and Santa's little helpers?’

I have...

Also can you show me some proof to back up the points you're trying to make?

Again, I just did and by the way I don’t have to prove anything to you. You are clearly the type who likes to be seen as the clever bloke on the Internet forum. Happy to be admired yet the minute any challenge comes your way you are incredibly defensive. Headline news fella...get used to it. I’m going nowhere so you’d better up your game. Maybe create some new usernames to back yourself up? Maybe cry off to the moderator.

‘(PS I enjoying this)’

If you’re enjoying this you’re not quite right and your attitude stinks.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 18:40]

Welcome back Hannibal, I hope you are feeling a bit better about life now. I didn't enjoy seeing you so obviously troubled.

Anyway, you return at an interesting moment. As you say, the ST debate is raging away on t'other side. I seem to be in a minority group as far as AVFTT is concerned, but whether I'm in the minority more generally remains to be seen.

I think the only real sticking point on pricing is that of children. For adults, the price really is very low and I firmly believe that it is right to draw back in the hard core sufferers who used to be there rain or shine.

However, we are very strapped for cash, as Tim alluded to in the meeting, and simply not in a position to make concessions everywhere, it seems. I understand why the club has steered people with children towards the Family Stand but if they end up making a concession on that I think that will go a long way towards calming things down.

I feel for the interim Board, to be honest. They could not have taken over at a more difficult time, they are working (financially) with one hand tied behind their backs through no fault of their own and on this issue it is literally impossible to please everyone. The fact remains that we face significant capital outlay during the summer and need to get money in to cover it for fear of attracting the unwanted attentions of the EFL. People seem reluctant to accept that or regard it as anything to do with them.

On other stuff, I think you are misreading things spectacularly with your remarks about the "boys club". I actually think a few noses may be out of joint at the moment, and some of the lashing out at the Board is very disappointing. If I say that in nine? weeks so far they have only scratched the surface in terms of putting things right I think that says much about how much there still is to do, and I think we may be well into next season before the club really starts looking like a normal one. I hope I'm wrong, but at the moment a small group of people are bearing an incredible burden.

On the BST meeting, you are inventing an issue that isn't there. Local elections were on the agenda, I am helping out Andy Higgins, he couldn't be there because he was entertaining a group of people in corporate so I agreed to stand in for him and make a pitch for support for his campaign. No attempts to ingratiate, just helping out a mate and colleague.

Hope there is plenty of bone for you to chew on there.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:57 - Apr 24 with 944 viewsjanegallagher

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:54 - Apr 24 by basilrobbiereborn

Welcome back Hannibal, I hope you are feeling a bit better about life now. I didn't enjoy seeing you so obviously troubled.

Anyway, you return at an interesting moment. As you say, the ST debate is raging away on t'other side. I seem to be in a minority group as far as AVFTT is concerned, but whether I'm in the minority more generally remains to be seen.

I think the only real sticking point on pricing is that of children. For adults, the price really is very low and I firmly believe that it is right to draw back in the hard core sufferers who used to be there rain or shine.

However, we are very strapped for cash, as Tim alluded to in the meeting, and simply not in a position to make concessions everywhere, it seems. I understand why the club has steered people with children towards the Family Stand but if they end up making a concession on that I think that will go a long way towards calming things down.

I feel for the interim Board, to be honest. They could not have taken over at a more difficult time, they are working (financially) with one hand tied behind their backs through no fault of their own and on this issue it is literally impossible to please everyone. The fact remains that we face significant capital outlay during the summer and need to get money in to cover it for fear of attracting the unwanted attentions of the EFL. People seem reluctant to accept that or regard it as anything to do with them.

On other stuff, I think you are misreading things spectacularly with your remarks about the "boys club". I actually think a few noses may be out of joint at the moment, and some of the lashing out at the Board is very disappointing. If I say that in nine? weeks so far they have only scratched the surface in terms of putting things right I think that says much about how much there still is to do, and I think we may be well into next season before the club really starts looking like a normal one. I hope I'm wrong, but at the moment a small group of people are bearing an incredible burden.

On the BST meeting, you are inventing an issue that isn't there. Local elections were on the agenda, I am helping out Andy Higgins, he couldn't be there because he was entertaining a group of people in corporate so I agreed to stand in for him and make a pitch for support for his campaign. No attempts to ingratiate, just helping out a mate and colleague.

That's a plan.

That’s not very nice 😱

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 21:18 - Apr 24 with 932 viewsspell_chekker

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:57 - Apr 24 by janegallagher

That's a plan.

That’s not very nice 😱

Any thoughts on the Muckers being given 2 blocks?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Login to get fewer ads

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 21:19 - Apr 24 with 931 viewsspell_chekker

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 01:06 - Apr 25 with 899 viewsHannibal

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 20:54 - Apr 24 by basilrobbiereborn

‘Welcome back Hannibal, I hope you are feeling a bit better about life now. I didn't enjoy seeing you so obviously troubled.’

Oh we’re off to a good start. 👍

The only thing I’m troubled about is your ability to inveigle, deceive and flatter your way to convince people you’re worthy of being trusted or worth listening too.

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 01:28 - Apr 25 with 894 viewsHannibal

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 19:05 - Apr 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I don't defend him. He seems more than capable of defending himself. However I see no problem in agreeing with him (or anyone) if I think they are right.

‘I don't defend him. He seems more than capable of defending himself. However I see no problem in agreeing with him (or anyone) if I think they are right.’

You do. So you keep saying. Yet you do. You like agreeing with him. It’s what you do. 🤮

There’s probably a voodoo doll for me too R. Perhaps you could sell some on here? 😉
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 1:30]

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 07:55 - Apr 25 with 869 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 01:28 - Apr 25 by Hannibal

‘I don't defend him. He seems more than capable of defending himself. However I see no problem in agreeing with him (or anyone) if I think they are right.’

You do. So you keep saying. Yet you do. You like agreeing with him. It’s what you do. 🤮

There’s probably a voodoo doll for me too R. Perhaps you could sell some on here? 😉
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 1:30]

Spell

Think the "Muckers Tickets" thing will be an interesting experiment, let's see how that pans out. However If they can't get the East sorted, it wont matter.

Hannibal

I just prefer a reasoned discussion, where you can get different points of view without it getting personal. You can agree and also disagree on the points of a subject. I found finding common ground helps in most discussions.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 08:40 - Apr 25 with 863 viewsjanegallagher

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 07:55 - Apr 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

Think the "Muckers Tickets" thing will be an interesting experiment, let's see how that pans out. However If they can't get the East sorted, it wont matter.

Hannibal

I just prefer a reasoned discussion, where you can get different points of view without it getting personal. You can agree and also disagree on the points of a subject. I found finding common ground helps in most discussions.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 09:13 - Apr 25 with 858 viewsHannibal

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 08:40 - Apr 25 by janegallagher

BBTRR, you really have missed me haven’t you?

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 09:20 - Apr 25 with 853 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 09:13 - Apr 25 by Hannibal

I meant it, welcome back

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 845 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 01:06 - Apr 25 by Hannibal

‘Welcome back Hannibal, I hope you are feeling a bit better about life now. I didn't enjoy seeing you so obviously troubled.’

Oh we’re off to a good start. 👍

The only thing I’m troubled about is your ability to inveigle, deceive and flatter your way to convince people you’re worthy of being trusted or worth listening too.

Hannibal, for someone who thinks I'm not worth listening to, you do spend an awful lot of time hanging on my every word.

It's the denial that is bringing you down. Be honest, embrace your fascination with me. You can enjoy it then.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 12:15 - Apr 25 with 831 viewsspudgun

Discontent. Bad judgment and I’m back on 09:13 - Apr 25 by Hannibal

"BBTRR, you really have missed me, haven`t you?"

It just seemed so apt...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024