Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread & new signing. 18:52 - Sep 12 with 14777 views442Dale

Forward Jordan Slew to feature tonight.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/slew-signs/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread & new signing. on 23:48 - Sep 12 with 3068 views442Dale

Match thread & new signing. on 23:38 - Sep 12 by Rosun

442 ....
Kit clash tonight with Moore's black outfit and the referee all in black?
These things matter.

That's something that seems to have been ignored in recent years.

Cardiff in white socks at Preston tonight is a bigger concern.

Match thread & new signing. on 00:00 - Sep 13 with 2985 viewsdingdangblue

Scenes

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpanishRochdale/status/907732284941496321/video/1

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread & new signing. on 00:07 - Sep 13 with 2950 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread & new signing. on 23:48 - Sep 12 by 442Dale

That's something that seems to have been ignored in recent years.

Cardiff in white socks at Preston tonight is a bigger concern.

I know that the 2-1 celebrations took the eye but the lasting memory of tonight for me will be Joe Rafferty having an episode when the equaliser went in near the centre spot.

Commiserations Donny fans, especially to the many who were there tonight.

We lost more points in 90+ than any other team in the division last season so we collectively should have some empaphy (i do) in our moment of happiness.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread & new signing. on 00:10 - Sep 13 with 2934 viewsdingdangblue

Beech - wow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05fx8wl

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread & new signing. on 00:22 - Sep 13 with 2890 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread & new signing. on 23:40 - Sep 12 by Shun

Speaking of penalties, Beckford missed one in stoppage time to prevent Bury earning a point at Fleetwood. Ooft.

Clark getting tetchy 😆

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05fx6tb

Match thread & new signing. on 00:38 - Sep 13 with 2851 viewssweetcorn

How have we won that game? How?

We looked poor, all night, still not convinced we have enough upfront. Done looks a yard slower than his previous spells and davies is carrying extra weight, he was literally a passenger until 90+4 minutes tonight.

Thought a draw would have been fair as donny hardly come away with many plaudits with the way they played.

To win like that always feels special and i'll be going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread & new signing. on 00:53 - Sep 13 with 2827 viewskiwidale

Match thread & new signing. on 00:22 - Sep 13 by dingdangblue

Clark getting tetchy 😆

2 mins 12sec in... " I thought we were the better team for the first 6 or 7 minutes" until we went 2 nil down ha ha!

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread & new signing. on 01:06 - Sep 13 with 2799 viewsAtThePeake

I love football.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread & new signing. on 06:06 - Sep 13 with 2661 viewsTipperaryDale

A deserved win in the end on the balance of play, and serves Doncaster right for trying to waste time with about 15 minutes left.

We've still got problems, Bunney and Davies both looked unfit, Moore's distribution is scatter-gun, and Done doesn't look like himself yet. Praise for McNulty and McGahey tonight, thought the former was generally excellent and the latter's pace is a great thing for the defensive unit as a whole. Rafferty good, apart from his crosses. Bunney, the less said the better. MJ Williams played well again, Cannon was improved from Sat, and we have a more balanced midfield with Rathboni in. Forwards poor however.

6/10 performance, 10/10 result.
Match thread & new signing. on 07:56 - Sep 13 with 2510 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread & new signing. on 06:06 - Sep 13 by TipperaryDale

A deserved win in the end on the balance of play, and serves Doncaster right for trying to waste time with about 15 minutes left.

We've still got problems, Bunney and Davies both looked unfit, Moore's distribution is scatter-gun, and Done doesn't look like himself yet. Praise for McNulty and McGahey tonight, thought the former was generally excellent and the latter's pace is a great thing for the defensive unit as a whole. Rafferty good, apart from his crosses. Bunney, the less said the better. MJ Williams played well again, Cannon was improved from Sat, and we have a more balanced midfield with Rathboni in. Forwards poor however.

Never typified more then when they had a free kick about 25-30 yards out and they had no one in front of the ball. One or two ran forward as the ball was about to be kicked but they took it straight down to the corner flag. I have some sympathy for the fans, but for the manager and the player ....... you reap what you sow.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread & new signing. on 08:29 - Sep 13 with 2424 views1907

Thought we played some good stuff first half primarily through Raff, Rathbone, Cannon & Done but looked toothless in and around the box.

Our left side offered nothing during the first half with Bunney being incredibly poor again.

I think the conditions then were a major contributing factor to the dirge of the second.

Their goal was really poor, Bunney with a dreadful attempted clearance.

Then nothing really happened, we went long, they won the ball, not a great deal of play.

Then out of nowhere we started playing a bit. Credit to Jim for putting his foot on the ball and driving forward, fortune rebound off Davies but what a hit from Kitching!

Then for the first time in weeks you truly felt that the players desperately wanted to win, credit to Bunney for still cracking on and getting over to take the corner, great ball in, somehow finds it was to an unmarked Davies 94 minutes in. Ferguson will be livid.

Great great scenes around the ground and I think we all desperately needed that! You could see how much it meant to the players.

Hope this is a turning point now!
Match thread & new signing. on 08:35 - Sep 13 with 2399 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match thread & new signing. on 00:22 - Sep 13 by dingdangblue

Clark getting tetchy 😆

The last thirty seconds of that Clark is gold.

"And I thought that article you wrote in the programme was nonsense."

"If you want to go down the De Boer route then you keep pushing for that."

Fact is - they have no defenders until January and will continue to ship goals until at least then.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread & new signing. on 09:40 - Sep 13 with 2298 viewsDaleiLama

That Wednesday morning feeling

Match thread & new signing. on 10:53 - Sep 13 with 2180 viewstony_roch975

Fair critique but despite those weaknesses we had 11 shots and 7 on target. That's what's been missing and if the strikers weren't fully firing, players coming from deep (Raff, Cannon etc) all got shots on target. The right side with Done wide gave loads of space for Raff (despite the poor crosses) & Cannon (who had a better game). Many of us would have subbed JB but he did have a better 2nd half and his crossing is still the best in the squad. On another night, Davies buries the pen and we'd have run out comfortable winners. But key is the celebrations - it did matter to the players, the poor run was sapping morale and those problems will now be easier to beat.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread & new signing. on 11:09 - Sep 13 with 2133 viewsnordenblue

I think Cannon is just getting better with every game,Harrison and Big Jim were class last night,the latter has had his critics but seems to have turned a corner since wearing the armband
Match thread & new signing. on 12:12 - Sep 13 with 2049 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread & new signing. on 11:09 - Sep 13 by nordenblue

I think Cannon is just getting better with every game,Harrison and Big Jim were class last night,the latter has had his critics but seems to have turned a corner since wearing the armband

Cannon still making some mistakes, but he's still young and I agree - his star is in the ascendancy. Jim's decision making also getting better as his confidence improves. Harrison is just a God. Could easily have had back-to-back motm awards last night.

Match thread & new signing. on 12:22 - Sep 13 with 2000 viewssweetcorn

Cannon very rarely found a blue shirt last night. his passing was poor.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread & new signing. on 12:23 - Sep 13 with 1996 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread & new signing. on 12:22 - Sep 13 by sweetcorn

Cannon very rarely found a blue shirt last night. his passing was poor.

Comment deleted - posted on wrong thread
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 12:24]

Match thread & new signing. on 12:55 - Sep 13 with 1920 viewsrkershaw

Match thread & new signing. on 12:23 - Sep 13 by DaleiLama

Comment deleted - posted on wrong thread
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 12:24]

Key player for me last night was Inman........ creative, good vision and driving runs..... well done that man!!
Match thread & new signing. on 13:03 - Sep 13 with 1892 viewsnordenblue

Match thread & new signing. on 12:12 - Sep 13 by DaleiLama

Cannon still making some mistakes, but he's still young and I agree - his star is in the ascendancy. Jim's decision making also getting better as his confidence improves. Harrison is just a God. Could easily have had back-to-back motm awards last night.

Spot on with that, Cannon whilst still making some mistakes is growing into some player,considering hes out the side most of the time to come in while we're struggling and still trying to drive the team on,well done young man
Match thread & new signing. on 13:25 - Sep 13 with 1828 viewstony_roch975

Agree - Cannon started to show the energy of a year ago (despite some wayward passing); McGahey has looked class since he arrived (good in the air, power & pace) & positional sense improving (tho his passing range needs work); thought Jim's captaincy was the best I've seen since Gary Jones; was geeing up the rest during the warm-up, organised the defence, got in quick to defend our player whenever the ref called them over; as ever was last off the pitch after acknowledging the fans.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread & new signing. on 14:38 - Sep 13 with 1730 viewsD_Dale

Match thread & new signing. on 23:03 - Sep 12 by TVOS1907

In 1996/97 we hadn't won any of our first six league games and then Doncaster came calling in the second week of September...

Remember that well, with Deary's goal going in off the post. Keith Hill played that day (but can't recall if he was one of those sent off).

In September 1977 Dale were 1-0 up at Grimsby with a couple of minutes to play, gave away a penalty and then a second goal. (That season they ended up with 2 away draws and 21 defeats.) I (almost) feel sorry for last night's Donnie fans and their miserable journey home.
Match thread & new signing. on 14:51 - Sep 13 with 1693 views442Dale

Match thread & new signing. on 13:25 - Sep 13 by tony_roch975

Agree - Cannon started to show the energy of a year ago (despite some wayward passing); McGahey has looked class since he arrived (good in the air, power & pace) & positional sense improving (tho his passing range needs work); thought Jim's captaincy was the best I've seen since Gary Jones; was geeing up the rest during the warm-up, organised the defence, got in quick to defend our player whenever the ref called them over; as ever was last off the pitch after acknowledging the fans.

No matter what anyone's opinion is of McNulty as a player, he's a far better captain and leader than Henderson.

Match thread & new signing. on 14:51 - Sep 13 with 1692 viewsAtThePeake

Match thread & new signing. on 12:55 - Sep 13 by rkershaw

Key player for me last night was Inman........ creative, good vision and driving runs..... well done that man!!

Funny how we all see the game differently, I thought he was totally anonymous in the first half and poor in the second and lucky to not be subbed off. Had a few decent little flicks but his end product was awful when it came to beating a man/getting the cross over and the one shot he had at goal was miles wide of the target.

Tangled up in blue.

Match thread & new signing. on 15:09 - Sep 13 with 1653 viewsD_Alien

Match thread & new signing. on 14:51 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

No matter what anyone's opinion is of McNulty as a player, he's a far better captain and leader than Henderson.

Agreed, but it seems the role also confers something which enhances his own game

Hendo, when he returns, should be left to just get on with producing up front

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024