Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Scunthorpe 18:49 - Mar 14 with 13807 views442Dale

DALE: Wilson, Rafferty, McNulty, Canavan, McGahey , Camps, Rathbone, Allen, Mendez-Laing, Henderson, Andrew

DALE SUBS: Logan, Vincenti, Owusu, Cannon, Morley, Kitching, Gillam.

McNulty back at LB presumably. Thompson and Davies missing from Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 18:56]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:27 - Mar 14 with 1826 viewsKenBoon

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Thought Canavan was only a year. I was wrong.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10300263/niall-canavan-has-signed-a

He needs getting rid of ASAP. Even if we have to pay him off. He wouldn't get into Stockport's side so he shouldn't be anywhere near League One. I understand why Chesterfield fans threw a carnival when he left.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:28 - Mar 14 with 1818 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:16 - Mar 14 by rich_dale

I've not seen Logan since he was dropped but I was expecting that he would work on his game and his fitness and get given another chance but no evidence of that happening. Meanwhile the LB position this season has been farcical - obviously the emergence of Bunney there has been incredible and Hill deserves credit for that but before that and since his injury the amount of players that have played there has been ridiculous. McNulty did well at LB at the end of last season but Hill said in a recent interview that was a needs must situation when the pitches were bad and we needed to be solid. He's not an LB and shouldn't have started the season there. When Bunney played there v Fleetwood our season turned but when he got injured there were no answers. Taylor was supposed to be a quality replacement, then Kitching at least looked capable but instead he's been dropped and since we've had Andrew, Cannon, McNulty, Raff et al covering at various times while Tanser, who IMO was also capable was let go. All a bit bizarre and no way you can get defensive stability doing that.

Tanser being allowed to leave was - is - a huge mistake

People were taking the piss at the time, but all he needed was a run of games to get match fit. I couldn't care less what might/ might not have gone on behind the scenes, the lad just wasn't allowed the same time on the pitch that others have and his so-called replacements have been a disaster

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:32 - Mar 14 with 1759 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 by Sussexdale

Should we be looking over our shoulder? Only 12 points from relegation and a shed loads of teams within touching distance. How has it come to this?

I still think we'll be fine. It's taken Port Vale 35 games to amass 38 points, they've got to gain another 13 in 11 games to catch us and that's assuming we pick up nothing between now and the end of the season. As poor as the current run is, that's not going to happen. We do still have to play Vale however.......It's a real shame that a season that looked so promising has ended with us looking nervously at the bottom again.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 1712 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:27 - Mar 14 by KenBoon

He needs getting rid of ASAP. Even if we have to pay him off. He wouldn't get into Stockport's side so he shouldn't be anywhere near League One. I understand why Chesterfield fans threw a carnival when he left.

I think it was Scunny fans. They probably threw a similar one tonight when they saw he was playing.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 1707 viewsNigeriamark

Looks like we will not go down or finish in the top 6. Might be time to try experimenting for next season. We could try consistently playing our best players in their correct positions
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 1892 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:26 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

Of course...but I would have rather recalled Diba and stuck him in or used Collis. Wilson hasn't exactly had glowing reports wherever he's been and as well as looking like a journeyman loanee, he also appears to have an attitude problem. Not the best personality trait for someone between the sticks.

What makes you say he has an attitude problem?
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:35 - Mar 14 with 1887 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 by 1907

The lack of a proper club captain is evident at times like this. What would Gary Jones be doing if we kept conceding ridiculous goals in the last minute of games?

No players on that pitch want to take control and ownership, instead they bottle it & lose concentration week in / week out. It really is beyond a joke and has killed any positive vibes that emanated from the club.

Really, really fed up of this cycle now.

Very very good point. Within that 11 tonight I struggle to see what I would define as a 'leader'. It's all well and good giving it camps or Henderson. But, neither can 'run' a game. I weren't there tonight but I can guarantee that one man who led his team the way a captain should was Stephen Dawson.

We are being harsh on our back four and goalkeeper during this current fiasco. But, the lack of protection offered from the players in front of them is glaringly obvious. When the tough gets going, you need grit and ugly industrial players.

You defend from the front as they say.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:48 - Mar 14 with 1803 viewsShun

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:34 - Mar 14 by Nigeriamark

Looks like we will not go down or finish in the top 6. Might be time to try experimenting for next season. We could try consistently playing our best players in their correct positions

Crazy idea!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:49 - Mar 14 with 1800 viewsShun

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:35 - Mar 14 by dalenumber2

He had an argument with Wimbledon fans when they suggested he wasn't that good. Something like that.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:52 - Mar 14 with 1775 viewsleedsdale

Just listened to Hill's interview in GMR: he indicates Bunney will be back in contention next Tuesday
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:57 - Mar 14 with 1735 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:52 - Mar 14 by leedsdale

Just listened to Hill's interview in GMR: he indicates Bunney will be back in contention next Tuesday

Well that's something, but let's not expect Joe to be back to his best for some time - he's still learning to play at LB and the defence he's coming back into isn't in good shape

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:58 - Mar 14 with 1717 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:35 - Mar 14 by dalenumber2

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cardiff-goalkeeper-ben-wilson-calls-7011080.amp
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:07 - Mar 14 with 1664 viewsCanaDale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:27 - Mar 14 by KenBoon

What a fall from grace from Canavan, it was only last season we were talking about how he was a must to sign, clearly he hasn't adapted as well long term as he did during his loan spell, the change in team tactics probably havn't helped him either.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:15 - Mar 14 with 1613 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:52 - Mar 14 by leedsdale

https://audioboom.com/posts/5707963-rochdale-manager-keith-hill-on-the-late-defe

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:17 - Mar 14 with 1598 viewsCanaDale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:55 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

It must be very hard to take. We'd be 6th on 59 points now but for goals conceded after the 88th minute.

That is an incredibly depressing fact right there
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:36 - Mar 14 with 1488 viewsDaley_Lama

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:17 - Mar 14 by CanaDale

That is an incredibly depressing fact right there

I didn't think i could be more frustrated after Saturday, but we managed it once more!

Can't think of a more frustrating season in total than this one.

End it now!

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:42 - Mar 14 with 1447 viewsShun

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:36 - Mar 14 by Daley_Lama

I didn't think i could be more frustrated after Saturday, but we managed it once more!

Can't think of a more frustrating season in total than this one.

End it now!

Agreed. Really disliking this season.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 06:47 - Mar 15 with 1221 views1mark1

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 23:15 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

https://audioboom.com/posts/5707963-rochdale-manager-keith-hill-on-the-late-defe

He doesn't believe in luck, but states we had a lot of bad luck tonight. Then talks about the application of players, however, if they really applied themselves they wouldn't keep losing goals and points in the last few minutes of games.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 07:39 - Mar 15 with 1136 viewsDaley_Lama

Goal 1

Allen and their lad go in for a 50/50 and both are left writhing in 'agony'. Don't know if our players switched off but Scunny didn't that's for sure.

Goal 2

Peter V goes to press their keeper but nobody else presses. Ball out to their RB, 10 seconds later game over.

We had numerous chances to win the game. Both teams were going for the winner.

With a bit more composure up front, game over.

As with our first 7 games we are playing well enough, just that little bit of luck (or make your own luck)

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024