Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja 13:57 - Jan 31 with 8667 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Interesting from Riath Al Samarrai

Probably too late for a replacement, interesting never the less.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Borja on 16:56 - Jan 31 with 2344 viewspencoedjack

Borja on 16:52 - Jan 31 by AustinIsOurHero

Apparently Villereal first contacted us 2 weeks ago about a permanent move.
This was rejected, now they're back in for a loan with an option to buy?
If we've known this was a possibility for the last 2 weeks, why haven't we gone for a replacement?

It's a ready made excuse for not spending the money

'He wanted to go and it was too late in the window for us to find a replacement '
Borja on 17:02 - Jan 31 with 2286 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Borja on 16:56 - Jan 31 by Swan91

2 reasons:

1 - maybe we don't want to get rid of him....

2 - J.Ayew is the replacement....

You're probably right, but if we're not getting rid of him - why isn't he playing? Also, Ayew can play across the front, too convenient that he's a ready made replacement if Borja goes. I firmly believe Ayew was signed as a winger, as Barrow was meant to leave (may still do).

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Borja on 17:10 - Jan 31 with 2223 viewsAngelRangelQS

Borja on 17:02 - Jan 31 by AustinIsOurHero

You're probably right, but if we're not getting rid of him - why isn't he playing? Also, Ayew can play across the front, too convenient that he's a ready made replacement if Borja goes. I firmly believe Ayew was signed as a winger, as Barrow was meant to leave (may still do).

Maybe Narsingh is the replacement for Barrow?

Ayew gives us that additional option up front and we have OMB who Clement clearly likes as well as Siggy who has played there on occasion too (or as the false 9 as I believe the current terminology is).

If we do sell Borja for anything near what we spent on him and also Barrow for the money being touted then all of a sudden we are yet again in a minus net spend in this window (providing nobody else comes in of course).

Personally I wouldn't be loaning Borja out.
Borja on 17:14 - Jan 31 with 2198 viewsSwan91

Borja on 17:02 - Jan 31 by AustinIsOurHero

he isn't playing because Llorente is doing a great job for us... I can see us using Baston next season if Llorente goes. Our problem for the first part of the season was our midfielders not being able to provide good service to our strikers. For a striker like baston, that stops him from scoring goals. If he has good service then he can score goals. Now it looks like our midfield has upped its game and actually providing service for Llorente which is good news.

So start of next season if we keep the same midfield and then sign some more players who can actually provide good service, I can imagine us using baston more. Our tactics would need to change so we cant do it now, we would need to play similar to how we played with Michu up front (not lone striker holding up the ball and the playing in midfielders, but having almost the top 3 working together).

Ayew seems like good business because he can be used in those 3 positions. This means if he is brought in and we still have Baston then we can play ayew on the wing... if baston goes we can put Ayew on the subs bench as 2nd striker. We would then have a sub who can be used in 3 positions.... frees up some space for more midfielders in our subs bench.
Borja on 17:26 - Jan 31 with 2099 viewsSwan91

"PATO MOVES TO CHINA

Villarreal have confirmed Alexandre Pato has left the club for Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian.

The Brazilian spent part of last season on loan at Chelsea."

Wonder if that means they would be trying to go for the loan of Borja...
Borja on 17:37 - Jan 31 with 2033 viewshobo

Borja on 17:26 - Jan 31 by Swan91

"PATO MOVES TO CHINA

Villarreal have confirmed Alexandre Pato has left the club for Chinese Super League side Tianjin Quanjian.

The Brazilian spent part of last season on loan at Chelsea."

Wonder if that means they would be trying to go for the loan of Borja...

For £15m too. Let's try to eke out a profit by selling for £16m
Borja on 17:44 - Jan 31 with 1981 viewsEasternJack

For whatever reason Borja doesn't look like he fits in here. Even if it's a confidence/match-sharpness issue, we simply don't have the luxury of waiting for him to get up to speed. A loan deal with a fee and salary that keeps us net neutral on him for the rest of the season would make sense (I work that out to be £2M loan fee + his wages). Unless we're putting in a buy clause, it would be almost worth us putting in a fee discount structure for every 5 goals he scores.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why we would keep him. I also buy into the idea of this being left to the last minute so that there's a ready-excuse on not replacing (Assuming Ayew is not coming?)

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Borja on 17:46 - Jan 31 with 1950 viewstomdickharry

Thought Mr Clement had said no more business.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja on 17:53 - Jan 31 with 1887 viewsmagicdaps10

Last minute, perfect excuse. All the recent hard work on the pitch could be undone by jenkins.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Borja on 18:02 - Jan 31 with 1831 viewsBoyd

I agree, so disappointing after the progress of the last few weeks. Undoubtedly weakens the squad at a time when we simply cannot afford any more mistakes.
Borja on 18:15 - Jan 31 with 1758 viewsperchrockjack

Borja on 18:02 - Jan 31 by Boyd

I agree, so disappointing after the progress of the last few weeks. Undoubtedly weakens the squad at a time when we simply cannot afford any more mistakes.

Bolloks,give the lad a chance,he looks come good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Borja on 18:20 - Jan 31 with 1718 viewsBoyd

Borja on 18:15 - Jan 31 by perchrockjack

Bolloks,give the lad a chance,he looks come good

Not sure I follow, what lad? I'm talking about the possible departure of Baston rather than Ayew or any incomings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024