Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
very worried 23:19 - Jan 12 with 8618 viewsdoubled

Is this the poorest qpr side ever please debate
very worried on 09:50 - Jan 13 with 1643 views1MoreBrightonR

not even close...and that's not me saying this team isnt sh1t...but this is QPR, i've seen some truly woeful teams.
very worried on 09:54 - Jan 13 with 1637 viewsloftboy

very worried on 09:48 - Jan 13 by Bluce_Ree

We've had worse sides with the likes of Scully, Bruce, Perry et al in them but they felt like sides that were just pure rubbish. Like technically lacking. No ability.

This side feels like it has skill but doesn't want to apply itself.

Either way, f**k 'em.

Theres two words that kill this thread dead any team that had "john curtis" in it

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

very worried on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 1593 viewsbosh67

Not the poorest team by a mile. I still think it is a better squad than the one that went up a few years ago BUT... fitness and conditioning have been dreadful. JFH has his work cut out trying to get this lot fit enough. If he can then they do have the talent and ability.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

very worried on 10:23 - Jan 13 with 1572 viewsHayesender

Not the worst by a long way, but this is definitely one of my most depressing times following this mental club for 35 years.

Massive debt, players on big big money who don't give a shite we can't even give away, a chairman who doesn't have a clue etc etc

Poll: Shamima Beghum

very worried on 10:25 - Jan 13 with 1568 viewsHOOPNO7

I don't know about QPR's poorest side ever, but one of the worst displays I have seen was a Boxing Day game with Paul Hart in charge. We are getting close to that level of football now.
very worried on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 1539 viewsjohnhoop

very worried on 10:25 - Jan 13 by HOOPNO7

I don't know about QPR's poorest side ever, but one of the worst displays I have seen was a Boxing Day game with Paul Hart in charge. We are getting close to that level of football now.

Personally I think we more than matched it with the Huddersfield game the Monday after Christmas. I don't think I've ever seen a sh-tier game of football. The Tottenham- Leicester game I watched on TV a few days ago was like a totally different sport.
very worried on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 1503 viewsnewgolddream

very worried on 10:23 - Jan 13 by Hayesender

Not the worst by a long way, but this is definitely one of my most depressing times following this mental club for 35 years.

Massive debt, players on big big money who don't give a shite we can't even give away, a chairman who doesn't have a clue etc etc

Great post and so bloody true.
very worried on 11:19 - Jan 13 with 1489 viewsPinnerPaul

Its not even the poorest side this season!
Login to get fewer ads

very worried on 11:26 - Jan 13 with 1465 viewsHooped_Pullie

I was shelling out for a season ticket year after year when we had the likes of Christer Warren in the side, so no, not by any reckoning the worst.

Despite everything, if work & other circumstances permitted, I would still get one now. Will die loving this Club.

Let's just back JFH, and work at whipping up some sort of momentum to get as many points as possible (50 will do for me). I notice the new managers at Brentford and Fulham are struggling big time, arguably more than Jimmy who at least is knocking out a few draws.

Keep the faith, we've seen far worse days..
very worried on 11:36 - Jan 13 with 1439 viewsWeaverQPR

How has Carl Serrant the supposed fitness coach still here? We've not been fit since the Warnock promotion. Every season since we've looked slow and unable to compete for 90 plus minutes

@WeavQPR

very worried on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 1398 viewsAntti_Heinola

very worried on 23:30 - Jan 12 by WilloW4

It ain't the poorest QPR side ever mate.. But it is very poor, lack of ..well, nearly everything..I think the clubs falling apart, and it's heartbreaking to see..but some say it's gonna come right with time...don't hold yer breath underwater mate...Hoops..aah,eer,um.!

It's really not Willow.
I know it may feel like it, and we're all feeling a bit weepy and helpless this season, but sometimes things take time and they necessarily get worse before they get better. Look where Southampton were about 6 years ago, for example.
We all need to get a grip a bit, have a bit more patience, and JFH will get things right. A point at Blackburn on a Tue night in January for any QPR side ever is pretty miraculous.

Bare bones.

very worried on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 1363 viewsR_from_afar

very worried on 09:54 - Jan 13 by loftboy

Theres two words that kill this thread dead any team that had "john curtis" in it

You know what, I was just trying to remember his surname! You're right, he was awful, a defensively poor fullback with no idea of how to do anything creative with the ball.

Then there was - cough - Bob Malcolm - utterly hopeless.

Liam Miller - powderpuff.

So no, this is far from being the worst ever.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

very worried on 12:31 - Jan 13 with 1359 viewsMonkey_Roots

very worried on 12:15 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

It's really not Willow.
I know it may feel like it, and we're all feeling a bit weepy and helpless this season, but sometimes things take time and they necessarily get worse before they get better. Look where Southampton were about 6 years ago, for example.
We all need to get a grip a bit, have a bit more patience, and JFH will get things right. A point at Blackburn on a Tue night in January for any QPR side ever is pretty miraculous.

This, exactly this.

We have to think long term, and not cave in to the short term solution as we have done in the past, its got us nowhere - in fact its hurt us and sent us backwards.
very worried on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 1337 viewsdaveB

very worried on 11:36 - Jan 13 by WeaverQPR

How has Carl Serrant the supposed fitness coach still here? We've not been fit since the Warnock promotion. Every season since we've looked slow and unable to compete for 90 plus minutes

He came with Warnock so was around for the promotion year
very worried on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 1335 viewsTheBlob

It's really not Willow.

When does patience become doomed and silent resignation?We played an extremely poor Blackburn side last night and I see no grounds for rejoicing.
Rotherham who have come into a bit of form will be more of a litmus test.
In terms of morale this present team feels not far short of the Sibley Years - Brian Williams et al.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

very worried on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 1216 viewsMonkey_Roots

very worried on 12:39 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

When does patience become doomed and silent resignation?We played an extremely poor Blackburn side last night and I see no grounds for rejoicing.
Rotherham who have come into a bit of form will be more of a litmus test.
In terms of morale this present team feels not far short of the Sibley Years - Brian Williams et al.

I don't think anyone should be rejoicing, more like accepting this as a little bit of pain on the way to salvation.

Like pulling a plaster off really really slowly — its necessary to be able to see that the infection has stopped and things are starting to heal nicely.

Good analogy?
very worried on 12:53 - Jan 13 with 1206 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 12:45 - Jan 13 by Monkey_Roots

I don't think anyone should be rejoicing, more like accepting this as a little bit of pain on the way to salvation.

Like pulling a plaster off really really slowly — its necessary to be able to see that the infection has stopped and things are starting to heal nicely.

Good analogy?

Not when the tiny sticking plaster is trying to hide a gaping wound infected with gangrene.

very worried on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 1197 viewsTHEBUSH

JFH, has his work cut out, that's for sure, but I think he's on the right track.

Chris Ramsey's coaching was all over the place and for me JFH is going in the right direction, by trying to sort out our defence.

As we've all seen, it's not an easy task and perhaps he can bring in a couple or more of players he knows, that can do a job for him ?
very worried on 12:57 - Jan 13 with 1191 viewspaulparker

It's really not Willow.

Bar the odd Season with Warnock and the Olly days we have been woeful since we got relegated in 96, how many bad away days have we had, how many last minute goals have we let in, how many cup exits have we had, bad signings , poor managerial appointments , its been a continuous mess the last 20 years and mostly it originates with the owners we have and the decisions they make
TF thought he could make us a brand in Asia, he thought the training ground and new stadium would be a formality , he thought Appointing Hughes would see us in the top 10 in front of 35k fans, he tried to ride the gravy train of the Prem thinking we would be ok , even when we went down he still threw money and gambled on us getting up,
now the club is in limbo and at a crossroads we have the right manager & DOF
the problem we have is can TF accept us being in the championship for 3 or 4 seasons
the answer is no, he needs the limelight of the Prem , he needs OOC , that's why we are plodding around going from mediocre to bad, the club doesn't know what it wants anymore and that filters through to the fans, did anyone really believe tony when he said we were going to do things different ? I think he needs to sell the club
as its going to take another 4 transfer windows I believe to be where we want to be and I don't think TF has the patience for that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

very worried on 12:58 - Jan 13 with 1185 viewsMonkey_Roots

very worried on 12:53 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

Not when the tiny sticking plaster is trying to hide a gaping wound infected with gangrene.

Wait, you know about my vasectomy then?

Bollock popped right out covered in slime.
very worried on 13:00 - Jan 13 with 1169 viewsYorkRanger

To answer the original post here is the team that lost 5-0 at Wimbledon

Miklosko, Rose, Ready, Wardley, Plummer, Darlington, Peacock, Kulcsar, Perry, Kiwomya, Crouch. Subs: Harper, Baraclough, Morrow, Ngonge, Connolly.

So with one or two exceptions I think we can dismiss the notion that we are currently watching the worst QPR side ever
very worried on 13:00 - Jan 13 with 1169 viewsMonkey_Roots

very worried on 12:57 - Jan 13 by paulparker

Bar the odd Season with Warnock and the Olly days we have been woeful since we got relegated in 96, how many bad away days have we had, how many last minute goals have we let in, how many cup exits have we had, bad signings , poor managerial appointments , its been a continuous mess the last 20 years and mostly it originates with the owners we have and the decisions they make
TF thought he could make us a brand in Asia, he thought the training ground and new stadium would be a formality , he thought Appointing Hughes would see us in the top 10 in front of 35k fans, he tried to ride the gravy train of the Prem thinking we would be ok , even when we went down he still threw money and gambled on us getting up,
the problem we have is can TF accept us being in the championship for 3 or 4 seasons
the answer is no, he needs the limelight of the Prem , he needs OOC , that's why we are plodding around going from mediocre to bad, the club doesn't know what it wants anymore and that filters through to the fans, did anyone really believe tony when he said we were going to do things different ? I think he needs to sell the club
as its going to take another 4 transfer windows I believe to be where we want to be and I don't think TF has the patience for that

I'm fine with the 4 transfer windows, and would welcome TF losing patience to be honest - but that would leave us with a pretty big unknown, and with our luck that could see us proper fukd.
very worried on 13:02 - Jan 13 with 1156 viewsJuzzie

"very worried". Yes, football is emotive and fans of all clubs want things to go as well as can be etc but unless it has a direct impact on your job, your mortgage, your life etc., despite what Bill Shankley said, I'd really suggest trying to take a step back and don't let it consume emotions too much. There's very little, if anything, we can do about it.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 13:03]
very worried on 13:03 - Jan 13 with 1148 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 12:58 - Jan 13 by Monkey_Roots

Wait, you know about my vasectomy then?

Bollock popped right out covered in slime.

It was in all the papers.

very worried on 13:03 - Jan 13 with 1148 viewsWilloW4

very worried on 12:57 - Jan 13 by paulparker

Excellent views PP, well said mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024