Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is still a special club 19:17 - Jan 6 with 7860 viewsDevonrrr

I rarely post but read this site daily as I find you all entertaining and informative. I would like to share a text I received from my 17 year old lad today which will hopefully relieve some of the frustration currently being experienced. "Saw some guy in Exeter wearing one of QPR's old jackets so I went over, said its nice to see another Rangers fan in Exeter and we were talking, then he bought me a hot chocolate and that was that!" Players and owners come and go but it is us supporters that make this club special and that must never change. See you all in Nottingham. Come on you suppaaaa..........
This is still a special club on 12:18 - Jan 7 with 1529 viewswelwynranger

In a lifetime you will have different friends
Live in different places
Have different women
Have different jobs
But you'll only have 1 football team.
This is still a special club on 12:19 - Jan 7 with 1529 viewsAddinall

This is still a special club on 12:14 - Jan 7 by peejaybee

Where was your Spot in the ground.?????

South Africa Road,near the tea hut and level with the six yard line.Tea and cheese roll 6d.
This is still a special club on 12:23 - Jan 7 with 1523 viewspaulparker

QPR will always be special, it doesn't matter if we are in the Conference or Prem
our Kit is unique, the ground is the envy of most fans, our number 10's bar messi have been some of the best in football, the plastic pitch, EL Tel, Jim Gregory, The Uxbridge Road , the chant of C'mon U Rrrssss when we have a corner or free kick,
its all special
its a club where you know peoples faces, how anyone who supports these big clubs has any identity or recognise each other is a mystery to me
you could be anywhere in the world but when you see a fellow QPR fan its like seeing a long lost brother
that's what QPR is about

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This is still a special club on 12:57 - Jan 7 with 1483 viewsR_from_afar

This is still a special club on 09:16 - Jan 7 by peejaybee

Hi ,
Can you remember Jefferson, the delicate and oh so timid full back of that era I wonder what they would make of him today.

I never saw "Jeff" play but I love the stories about how he tried to hoof the ball out of the ground every game.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

This is still a special club on 12:59 - Jan 7 with 1478 viewsMick_S

This is still a special club on 11:55 - Jan 7 by simmo

Was with my mrs a little while ago wearing my QPR top and someone shouted 'YOU R's' at me. She had no fckin clue what was going on.

I still get it at 5 a side occasionally, you get a shout or a knowing look. It's not like any other club, especially not in London...

It's true. My mate described us as the footballing equivalent of The Morris Minor Appreciation Society, which I took as a complement and then hit him with my flippy out indicator.
When you know, you know.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

This is still a special club on 13:03 - Jan 7 with 1466 viewsR_from_afar

It's only when you see something or someone you love going through a bad patch that you realise just how much you love them.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

This is still a special club on 14:50 - Jan 7 with 1394 viewspeejaybee

This is still a special club on 12:19 - Jan 7 by Addinall

South Africa Road,near the tea hut and level with the six yard line.Tea and cheese roll 6d.

Mine was up Loft End steps and 1st Crush Barrier down with the Notting Hill Gate/ Carpenders Park Mob.Happy Days.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

This is still a special club on 15:01 - Jan 7 with 1376 viewsBluce_Ree

You know what? Yeah QPR, special club and all that. And then I think about Saturday and how much I hate the FA Cup and it's because of QPR and their f*cking bullshit way of dicking us in the face every time we care. According to a tweet earlier after Plymouth (49) us and Forest have the most third round exits (46 each).

I used to love the FA Cup and now it's bullshit. That's on them.

They may be special but they can f**k off and get good and stop playing like c*nts every chance they get.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

This is still a special club on 15:59 - Jan 7 with 1345 viewsIngham

Perfect.

We get the full spectrum of responses.

Following a glorious thread which is very much memory lane, and even, in the case of Addinall (guessed you went back a bit, mate!) and peejaybee, from a time before nostalgia began. As an R who well remembers when Trolleybuses walked the Bush, I remain open-mouthed in wonder at Rs lads who remember the Trams. Mind you, the geezer who used to sit behind me - nice bloke, sadly no longer with us - must have remembered Cheetham & Co, being of 1930s vintage.

A glorious reminder from Bluce Ree that being well f**cked off at things is also what being an R is about. And that goes all the way back to St Jude's and Christchurch Rangers.

If BR was up to here with something that made sense, that was admirable, or just honest and decent, even if it was lacking in quality, he would be off his head.

But - and I know it isn't that kind of thread - the excess of everything except talent that (from a certain point of view) typifies the Club nowadays didn't originate among the Club's support, at least I don't think so. His post - is a good one, and it made me, for one, laugh, and who hasn't wondered at our remarkable talent losing to almost ANYONE in Round 3.

The stats about our true size and punching power are all too accurate, of course, but it was only to be expected that once we started to spend money we didn't have like water, and the Board began to talk about big grounds, Champions League and 'world class talent', and under pressure from fellow supporters to 'believe' in the Board, 'believe' in the manager, 'believe' in the players, other supporters would imagine - perfectly reasonably - that they SHOULD raise their expectations.

Until then, I'm inclined to treat all Rs as the real deal - and genuinely nice guys who don't like to see the Club they love getting screwed.

Great thread. And now back to the 1940s.
This is still a special club on 17:12 - Jan 7 with 1291 viewspeejaybee

This is still a special club on 15:59 - Jan 7 by Ingham

Perfect.

We get the full spectrum of responses.

Following a glorious thread which is very much memory lane, and even, in the case of Addinall (guessed you went back a bit, mate!) and peejaybee, from a time before nostalgia began. As an R who well remembers when Trolleybuses walked the Bush, I remain open-mouthed in wonder at Rs lads who remember the Trams. Mind you, the geezer who used to sit behind me - nice bloke, sadly no longer with us - must have remembered Cheetham & Co, being of 1930s vintage.

A glorious reminder from Bluce Ree that being well f**cked off at things is also what being an R is about. And that goes all the way back to St Jude's and Christchurch Rangers.

If BR was up to here with something that made sense, that was admirable, or just honest and decent, even if it was lacking in quality, he would be off his head.

But - and I know it isn't that kind of thread - the excess of everything except talent that (from a certain point of view) typifies the Club nowadays didn't originate among the Club's support, at least I don't think so. His post - is a good one, and it made me, for one, laugh, and who hasn't wondered at our remarkable talent losing to almost ANYONE in Round 3.

The stats about our true size and punching power are all too accurate, of course, but it was only to be expected that once we started to spend money we didn't have like water, and the Board began to talk about big grounds, Champions League and 'world class talent', and under pressure from fellow supporters to 'believe' in the Board, 'believe' in the manager, 'believe' in the players, other supporters would imagine - perfectly reasonably - that they SHOULD raise their expectations.

Until then, I'm inclined to treat all Rs as the real deal - and genuinely nice guys who don't like to see the Club they love getting screwed.

Great thread. And now back to the 1940s.

Nice one Ingham.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

This is still a special club on 18:53 - Jan 7 with 1244 viewsShotKneesHoop

Five years ago, I had an appointment to sell management training on behalf of a company who has a stand named after them at Carrow Road to the Norfolk Chamber Of Commerce.

Five minutes into my presentation, I noticed my contact was sipping tea from a blue and white hooped mug with the old "proper" QPR crest on.

I stopped and said "You an R's fan?" - There was a ten second silence before he replied : "Why do you ask?" Another ten second pause before I said "Well, I am - I hope you're not a Fake Hoop!"

After that, complete mayhem with both of us high fiving, screeching out "You R's" " You R's", then the door flew open and people were outside asking if there was a terrorist attack.

He said "It's a very exciting presentation, can you please leave us to get on with it?' Door shuts.

He said "they're w@nkers here, the training business sewn up with the locals" I said "Didn't want the business anyway, so let's talk about serious stuff, the R's" He said "Do you think De Canio might turn it around?"

Obviously De Canio didn't - and neither of us two lasted much longer either - but it was worth the URSing. That's what being an R's fan is all about.

Can someone tell the current owners that they should feel the same way.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024