Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 09:16 - Jun 23 with 20730 viewsMonahoop

It's that time of the year again. Fun down on the a farm somewhere in deepest, darkest Somerset. Anyone on here going or has been in the past? An interesting, eclectic line up I see this year, old and new, something for all.

I last went in 1979. Tom Robinson was there then. He's there this year I see.

Enjoy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 20:08 - Jun 26 with 3257 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 14:22 - Jun 26 by simmo

The lineups look w@nk

Knew it wouldn't be long on here before someone bemoans the event. Never mind. Each to their own. I know there's quite a bit of rubbish there, but so what, enjoy the festival for what it is. There's something there for everyone, good, bad or ugly.

Glastonbury on 20:21 - Jun 26 with 3248 viewsDorse

Based on that description, I will be watching Motörhead. BTW Lemmy is a poof and I can drink him under the table.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Glastonbury on 20:36 - Jun 26 with 3240 viewsW14Hoop

Just switched on BBC3 and Jungle were playing, the little kid breakdancing with em had some serious skills. Respect!
Glastonbury on 10:34 - Jun 27 with 3126 viewsDrewster

Glastonbury on 20:36 - Jun 26 by W14Hoop

Just switched on BBC3 and Jungle were playing, the little kid breakdancing with em had some serious skills. Respect!

They were great.
Florence and the machine I just don't get. Lots of screeching, shouting and running about. Still she seemed to go down well with the masses so what do I know.
Kanye tonight shod be interesting as to the reception he gets.
Glastonbury on 11:21 - Jun 27 with 3083 viewsDiscodroids

jungle, libertines and wolf alice were really good yesterday imo..

as for florence and the machine , whenever i hear them i think of lord baden powell singing 'ging gang gooley' round the camp fire with young hairless boys .

i cant tell the difference between flo and jim whiteman.

yodel me up flo

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Glastonbury on 11:32 - Jun 27 with 3070 viewsLadbrokeR

Went a few times in the 80s pre cash machines and the BBC. I remember blokes charging people to use their ladder or hole in the fence to get in. It' all bit hazy I saw trouble funk once and van Morrison who was good. I remember seeing Galliano on the Jazz stage when they were first breaking and they Mick Talbot from the style council on keyboards and fella I know Wallace was playing the dijeridoo. I wouldn't have it now.
Glastonbury on 11:38 - Jun 27 with 3049 viewsDiscodroids

Glastonbury on 11:32 - Jun 27 by LadbrokeR

Went a few times in the 80s pre cash machines and the BBC. I remember blokes charging people to use their ladder or hole in the fence to get in. It' all bit hazy I saw trouble funk once and van Morrison who was good. I remember seeing Galliano on the Jazz stage when they were first breaking and they Mick Talbot from the style council on keyboards and fella I know Wallace was playing the dijeridoo. I wouldn't have it now.

went to see galliano in the early nineties a few times, still got a few bits and pieces they done on the acid jazz label. 'power and the glory' was a cracker .

i copied the lead singers look for a bit, until someone casually noted that i looked like 'honky tonk' from the dick emery show.

harsh. very harsh. but fair.

i also have a 'drop the bomb ' trouble funk t shirt .

hold tight for more postings.

Glastonbury on 12:42 - Jun 27 with 3023 viewsDiscodroids

phil daniels dad.

"sopping wet jeans'

Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 13:05 - Jun 27 with 3005 viewsMonahoop

Did quite a lot of flicking around the channels last night watching the first days events. I liked the Alabama Shakes and the young up coming classic American soul star Leon Bridges. Might go and see him in Dublin in September. I'm not a fan of Motorhead, but I opted to watch Lemmy the Movie as some of the musical fare shown, was becoming dull. Bit of a character old Lemm! Watched about about 5 minutes of Florence. That was enough. Seen her live before 5 years ago and nothings changed. Not for me I'm afraid.

Glastonbury on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 2951 viewsMrSheen

Glastonbury on 13:05 - Jun 27 by Monahoop

Did quite a lot of flicking around the channels last night watching the first days events. I liked the Alabama Shakes and the young up coming classic American soul star Leon Bridges. Might go and see him in Dublin in September. I'm not a fan of Motorhead, but I opted to watch Lemmy the Movie as some of the musical fare shown, was becoming dull. Bit of a character old Lemm! Watched about about 5 minutes of Florence. That was enough. Seen her live before 5 years ago and nothings changed. Not for me I'm afraid.

Florence and the Machine - Stevie Nicks sings Siouxsie and the Banshees. The elder Miss Sheen loves her though.
Glastonbury on 20:41 - Jun 27 with 2895 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 13:05 - Jun 27 by Monahoop

Been listening to Leon bridges album and seeing him do ,that little set had me warming to him.

Enjoyed Jungle last night, they were a bit livlier on stage than the album, which was a good thing. Big fan of Rudimental so enjoyed their set. Can take or leave Florence but thought they did an OK job and had a pretty good set. The headliners on the pyramid are onto a loser as they are all marmite.

I've stuck to taking Mrs West to our usual middle classes waitrose festivals, such as Paloma faith at Hampton court and van Morrison/Gregory Porter at Blenheim Palace. Off to jazz fm's Love Supreme at Glynde next week to see Chaka Khan and Larry Graham for starters.

Going to try and get to Glastonbury next year as couldn't get tickets this time around.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 20:42]
Glastonbury on 22:22 - Jun 27 with 2848 viewsPunteR

Kayne west is krap

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Glastonbury on 22:25 - Jun 27 with 2838 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 22:22 - Jun 27 by PunteR

Kayne west is krap

Is it really just him and a backing track?

Glorified karaoke IMHO. Not impressed so far
Glastonbury on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 2825 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 22:22 - Jun 27 by PunteR

Kayne west is krap

So is the light show. Bloody hell! 2 hours of this??? Where's me flippin' remote?

Glastonbury on 22:30 - Jun 27 with 2824 viewsqueensparker

Not impressed by Kanye West at all. Jay Z put on a proper show for the occasion, way better than one cocky t**t shouting under the Close Encounters spaceship
Glastonbury on 22:34 - Jun 27 with 2426 viewsDrewster

Awful, but the masses like him.
Majority of the crowd will be radio1 or kiss fm listeners.
How on earth if he has all that security and entourage did someone manage to gate rash the stage?
Glastonbury on 22:37 - Jun 27 with 2415 viewsLblock

Kanye West is a steaming pot of horsepiss

Where else could you have 85,000 middle class trust finders shouting the n-bomb at a black man on stage and call it entertainment?? All day indeed
Best thing about his "performance" thus far is the stage invader -- I'm sure that's got to have been Lee Nelson again?!?!

My final whinge... That radio one bumbling bunch of teeth called Gemma. Dressed like a clown and absolute dross at her job. Annoys me to my toenails

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Glastonbury on 22:45 - Jun 27 with 2399 viewsbosh67

Glastonbury on 22:37 - Jun 27 by Lblock

Kanye West is a steaming pot of horsepiss

Where else could you have 85,000 middle class trust finders shouting the n-bomb at a black man on stage and call it entertainment?? All day indeed
Best thing about his "performance" thus far is the stage invader -- I'm sure that's got to have been Lee Nelson again?!?!

My final whinge... That radio one bumbling bunch of teeth called Gemma. Dressed like a clown and absolute dross at her job. Annoys me to my toenails

Watching Kanye West has certainly made me think that most people get up in the morning and eat a great big, enormous bowl of stupid.

I think he has set a world record for swearing so far. It makes me sad, because I remember when Glastonbury was all fields!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Glastonbury on 22:48 - Jun 27 with 2384 viewswestberksr

If I was there I'd have wondered off elsewhere by now.

Now there is a girl singing and presumably that's also a backing track as there nobody else on the stage.

Love that all the homies (home county Massive) are all shouting along.

What a grade a plum.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 23:06]
Glastonbury on 22:52 - Jun 27 with 2367 viewsqueensparker

I suppose to be fair to the kids of today, the fact that a bunch of past it old cynics think Kanye is shite is a good thing to them. I love old hip-hop but this is bollox
Glastonbury on 23:00 - Jun 27 with 2342 viewsPunteR

Glastonbury on 22:48 - Jun 27 by westberksr

If I was there I'd have wondered off elsewhere by now.

Now there is a girl singing and presumably that's also a backing track as there nobody else on the stage.

Love that all the homies (home county Massive) are all shouting along.

What a grade a plum.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 23:06]

A proper hatstand

Glastonbury on 23:03 - Jun 27 with 2337 viewskensalriser

Y'all being too easy on him. This is complete and utter shite. Self-indulgent, rambling, talentless dirge. With an autotune.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Glastonbury on 23:11 - Jun 27 with 2308 viewswestberksr

Glastonbury on 22:52 - Jun 27 by queensparker

I suppose to be fair to the kids of today, the fact that a bunch of past it old cynics think Kanye is shite is a good thing to them. I love old hip-hop but this is bollox

I think it's not that we are past it but that he is shite!!

Plenty of other stuff that some of us have enjoyed but for a headline act to be a guy swearing over a backing track is a massive cop out.

I always stumble across a couple of bits that I really enjoy when not expecting to, or just accidental finds. LA Roux earlier were really good with the singer doing her best Bowie circa 83 look and Suede on at the moment are actually playing instruments and everything! Never been a fan but can appreciate what they are doing.

kanye is a big old pissflap of the highest order.
Glastonbury on 23:20 - Jun 27 with 2283 viewsPunteR

Watching kate tempest on bbc3. That girl rocks.

Glastonbury on 23:24 - Jun 27 with 2271 viewswestberksr

Well I've got Ben Howard on bbc3, hit the blue button and found it.

I'll give her a spin for a bit although keep revisiting Kanye to make sure its still shite!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024