Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rafferty 18:41 - Jan 17 with 6975 viewsTommoRAFC

If Andrew gets a thread for his cameo then Rafferty definitely deserves one. Shakey first ten minutes but excellent after that, narrowly missing out on MOM in my opinion. He's kicked on recently has as Camps who both deserve their places in the starting eleven at the moment!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Rafferty on 10:59 - Jan 18 with 1529 viewssweetcorn

I disagree with most regarding Callum Camps, theres no doubting the lad has talent, however he still plays football like hes on a playground, he constantly tries to play the hollywood killer pass, when at times he should be looking to retain possession for the team. Still think he has a lot to learn before he can become a regular in the side.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rafferty on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 1477 views1907

What I like about Camps is he turns with pace which opens space. He should have come off 10-15 minutes earlier though for Allen. The Crawley goal looked inevitable and Hills slow substations could have cost us.
Rafferty on 11:37 - Jan 18 with 1436 viewsheywooddale

Rafferty on 11:14 - Jan 18 by 1907

What I like about Camps is he turns with pace which opens space. He should have come off 10-15 minutes earlier though for Allen. The Crawley goal looked inevitable and Hills slow substations could have cost us.

Hilly's substations may have been slow, but I thought they brought real power and electricity to the game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 11:38]
Rafferty on 12:19 - Jan 18 with 1383 viewsdale_spotland

Rafferty on 10:59 - Jan 18 by sweetcorn

I disagree with most regarding Callum Camps, theres no doubting the lad has talent, however he still plays football like hes on a playground, he constantly tries to play the hollywood killer pass, when at times he should be looking to retain possession for the team. Still think he has a lot to learn before he can become a regular in the side.

Agree with this. Clearly a top player however loses possession sometimes in silly ways when there's no need but I'm sure he will soon learn.

Also he needs to pull his shorts down.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Rafferty on 12:52 - Jan 18 with 1335 viewsisitme

A few games ago I posted criticising Joe about his giving away of needless fouls. Since then he has been excellent and has cut out this aspect of his game. Long may this continue.

Bennett has been excellent in the defensive midfield role. He shields the back four well and is using the ball better as well. Camps looks fantastic on the ball and has excellent technique. I think some have to remember that he is a young lad and it will take time to hone his 'game awareness'. I for one would not want his skill and creativity coached out of him.
Rafferty on 13:03 - Jan 18 with 1327 viewsRalphs12

Rafferty on 23:04 - Jan 17 by TommoRAFC

Was beginning to think it was only me seeing him putting in the quality last minute tackles, he should have had a penalty again in the first half too. Must be the Coleman link tainting the way people see him.

I thought he made some great tackles and had a solid game again, one particular tackle when their player had ghosted past a number of players in the second half from the sandy it looked like had he caught him it couldve been a pen, but Raff made a great blocking tackle.
Rafferty on 14:02 - Jan 18 with 1269 viewsSaxonDale

Think we just need to be patient with Rafferty. Hilly giving him a 2 year deal last summer shows he must have something about him. Last season I thought there wasn't much between Rafferty and Bennett in the right back position but this season Bennett has looked a real asset when playing both right back and in his new midfield role. Over the last 2 years I'd say Rafferty has improved more than most and at only 21 we need to remember he's still very young so will be inconsistent. A bit more composure in the final third would make him twice the player going forward-he's also prone to the odd Buckley-esque tumble when in the oppositions box!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024