Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confused by calls for KO to step down 10:44 - Dec 24 with 5004 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

What difference would it make? The club won't likely be sold so will still be run and controlled by the same people whether job titles change or not.

Are people meaning the Oystons should actively start seeking a buyer? If so, this needs to be a single unified clear message. At the moment, the aim of protests is not clear and it's coming across as a whole lot of distorted noise.
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 17:48 - Dec 26 with 1174 viewsolneyseasider

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 15:49 - Dec 26 by hindu_seasider

If you had any ambition as a supporter you'd want him gone too. We are clearly stagnating under his regime, hence our current predicament. Unless you're happy we're in this situation?

Objectives:

1. Get the FA to investigate. Seems to have been achieved.

2. Get the FL to remove KO form it's board. He really isn't fit to be their representative. We can't expect any progress on that before next week but they can't stay silent forever without the media concluding they tacitly condone his remarks.

3. Get him removed a chairman of BFC. He is unlikely to stand down so we are dependent on the FA concluding he is not a fit and proper person. Remember though the reputation of the FA will also on trial in the media. It isn't now one or two journalists; there is a growing consensus he isn't a fit person.

4. Then we get to what was probably the point of the OP. Get the family to sell up otherwise 1 to 3 may acieve little beyond embarrasing the family. VB is obviously best placed and he has deep pockets plenty of legal arguments he can use to hammer the Os. Whether he genuinely has an appetite (and if he does whether he can find a UK partner) or is looking for an exit is anyone's guess. On balance though I'd take him at his word.

Meanwhile we can all do our bit, no matter how small. E mail the FA and FL. Sign the BST petition. Be vocal at matches. We can do this!
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 17:37 - Dec 27 with 1137 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 17:48 - Dec 26 by olneyseasider

Objectives:

1. Get the FA to investigate. Seems to have been achieved.

2. Get the FL to remove KO form it's board. He really isn't fit to be their representative. We can't expect any progress on that before next week but they can't stay silent forever without the media concluding they tacitly condone his remarks.

3. Get him removed a chairman of BFC. He is unlikely to stand down so we are dependent on the FA concluding he is not a fit and proper person. Remember though the reputation of the FA will also on trial in the media. It isn't now one or two journalists; there is a growing consensus he isn't a fit person.

4. Then we get to what was probably the point of the OP. Get the family to sell up otherwise 1 to 3 may acieve little beyond embarrasing the family. VB is obviously best placed and he has deep pockets plenty of legal arguments he can use to hammer the Os. Whether he genuinely has an appetite (and if he does whether he can find a UK partner) or is looking for an exit is anyone's guess. On balance though I'd take him at his word.

Meanwhile we can all do our bit, no matter how small. E mail the FA and FL. Sign the BST petition. Be vocal at matches. We can do this!

Fans need a scapegoat for the current situation and KO is the obvious sitting duck and it's a free shot practically every day at the moment.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:05 - Dec 27 with 1130 viewsolneyseasider

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 17:37 - Dec 27 by Happy_Satsuma

Fans need a scapegoat for the current situation and KO is the obvious sitting duck and it's a free shot practically every day at the moment.

Errr look at the accounts to see how much has been taken out of the club. Then look at the team.

2014 accounts due out early next year. I doubt they will show an improvement.
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 10:30 - Dec 28 with 1097 viewsbrassedoff

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:05 - Dec 27 by olneyseasider

Errr look at the accounts to see how much has been taken out of the club. Then look at the team.

Karl effectively runs the whole club from top to bottom and a bit like a fish rots from the head, so this stinking mess is down to one man. Remove him and I think you'd see an instant change in fans mood.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:16 - Dec 28 with 1064 viewsterminallytangerine

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:26 - Dec 24 by BFCx3

No need to be confused it is all pretty straightforward stuff really.

Karl Oystons postion has become untenable, due to this latest public outburst having highlighted what many of us already knew only too well.

He has a confrontational approach to his role as Chairman and it would seem to life in general and as such he would seem to be the wrong type of character to hold such a position of trust and authority, notwithstanding his god awful record whenever he has been left without the guidance of Valeri Belokon.

As far as the future is concerned I would imagine that if Owen Oyston were able to re-engage with Mr Belokon and Valeri's influence were to be increased in regard to the decision making (the impression I get is that Karl has effectively been stonewalling Mr B) then there is a possibility that we could move forward on that basis and perhaps by installing an independent Chief Exec that both shareholders feel comfortable with.

Of course it is likely to be preferable that the Oystons sell up to VB lock stock and barrel, but other options could exist. The key for now as far as I can see, is ridding the club of Karl, who as we all know is the key issue and the person who tends to be unwilling to cooperate with fans, managers, board members etc...As outlined in the BST statement.

So to my mind, removing Karl alone may be an option for the Oystons to remain in situ in some capacity. Clearly though that will require some wholesale changes and a modernisation in thinking from Owen who needs to get to grips with the demands and responsibilities of modern day football and in particular the importance of carrying the fans and local community with you and showing them respect as opposed to acting like some kind of feudal overlord.

I think BFC3s prognosis is what many of us would want to see if it meant stability, investment and long term vision.

As yet though that realistic alternative has not yet put its cards on the table as far as I can see.
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:19 - Dec 28 with 1064 viewsterminallytangerine

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 13:26 - Dec 24 by BFCx3

No need to be confused it is all pretty straightforward stuff really.

Karl Oystons postion has become untenable, due to this latest public outburst having highlighted what many of us already knew only too well.

He has a confrontational approach to his role as Chairman and it would seem to life in general and as such he would seem to be the wrong type of character to hold such a position of trust and authority, notwithstanding his god awful record whenever he has been left without the guidance of Valeri Belokon.

As far as the future is concerned I would imagine that if Owen Oyston were able to re-engage with Mr Belokon and Valeri's influence were to be increased in regard to the decision making (the impression I get is that Karl has effectively been stonewalling Mr B) then there is a possibility that we could move forward on that basis and perhaps by installing an independent Chief Exec that both shareholders feel comfortable with.

Of course it is likely to be preferable that the Oystons sell up to VB lock stock and barrel, but other options could exist. The key for now as far as I can see, is ridding the club of Karl, who as we all know is the key issue and the person who tends to be unwilling to cooperate with fans, managers, board members etc...As outlined in the BST statement.

So to my mind, removing Karl alone may be an option for the Oystons to remain in situ in some capacity. Clearly though that will require some wholesale changes and a modernisation in thinking from Owen who needs to get to grips with the demands and responsibilities of modern day football and in particular the importance of carrying the fans and local community with you and showing them respect as opposed to acting like some kind of feudal overlord.

Double post.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 21:15]
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 21:07 - Dec 28 with 1051 viewsolneyseasider

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:19 - Dec 28 by terminallytangerine

Double post.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 21:15]

If I've understood correctly you are saying an accommodation with the Os with KO not visible?
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:04 - Dec 28 with 1042 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 15:49 - Dec 26 by hindu_seasider

If you had any ambition as a supporter you'd want him gone too. We are clearly stagnating under his regime, hence our current predicament. Unless you're happy we're in this situation?

Who can be happy with a season that is as bad as any club has ever experienced? I just think it would be better if a single clear desire was agreed and campaigned for. If that is for the current owners to sell, then stick to that and don't muddy the waters with requesting step downs of positions etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:32 - Dec 28 with 1027 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:04 - Dec 28 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Who can be happy with a season that is as bad as any club has ever experienced? I just think it would be better if a single clear desire was agreed and campaigned for. If that is for the current owners to sell, then stick to that and don't muddy the waters with requesting step downs of positions etc.

You've clearly missed the consistent message BHOK
#footballfirst

#footballfirst

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 23:04 - Dec 28 with 1014 viewsolneyseasider

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 22:32 - Dec 28 by TwelveAngryMen

You've clearly missed the consistent message BHOK
#footballfirst

Precisely TAM and in my view we aren't going to get to that point with the Os. So BHOK the goal is to remove them but there are steps along that journey.

If phase 1 was to make KO a laughing stock and pariah in the wider world of football then I think we have pretty much achieved that.

Phase 2 is to prise their fingers from the throat of BFC and we do that step by step and position by position.

What's confusing about that?
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 10:37 - Dec 29 with 980 viewsDon_K_Lasher

Well put in simple terms the plan is Oyston OUT.

I'm surprised no one had mentioned it before.

As for the difference if he(s) went, have you not noticed the recent mismanagent of our club's reputation, it's staff, resources, scouting and communications?

Preston a City you're having a laugh! Preston a City you're having a laugh!

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:04 - Dec 29 with 976 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 10:37 - Dec 29 by Don_K_Lasher

Well put in simple terms the plan is Oyston OUT.

I'm surprised no one had mentioned it before.

As for the difference if he(s) went, have you not noticed the recent mismanagent of our club's reputation, it's staff, resources, scouting and communications?

I think to the wider audience, those not actively directly involved in arranging individual actions, there's too many mixed messages at the moment. My advice would be to campaign for the owners to sell. It's clear then. The 'Football First' message implies you'd be happy with the owners if they change their ways. Similarly, the calls for Karl to step down due to text messages implies that he personally should not continue in his role but once again falls short of demanding the selling of the club.
Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:57 - Jan 2 with 932 views1953Original

Presume the latest BST offering is a halfway between the two - can't imagine that a pressure group which wants him to sell Blackpool FC will have any impact when asking for his son's resignation sadly.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:07 - Jan 3 with 899 viewsOrioltwins

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 20:05 - Dec 27 by olneyseasider

Errr look at the accounts to see how much has been taken out of the club. Then look at the team. 2014 accounts due out early next year. I doubt they will show an improvement.

Has the real financial scandal of the £11 million now been missed and actually much of the £8 m in parachute payments will now be accounted by the gross negligence on the pitch?

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 19:39 - Jan 3 with 888 viewsWindyMiller

Confused by calls for KO to step down on 11:07 - Jan 3 by Orioltwins

Errr look at the accounts to see how much has been taken out of the club. Then look at the team. 2014 accounts due out early next year. I doubt they will show an improvement.

Has the real financial scandal of the £11 million now been missed and actually much of the £8 m in parachute payments will now be accounted by the gross negligence on the pitch?

If OO truly loves this club in the way he claims then he'll get rid of this incompetent imbecile!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024