Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential Transfer Targets 16:45 - May 25 with 32858 viewseghamranger

TF and HR have apparently had this conversation.

Who would you like? Or is anyone itk?

Realistic only. When asked about Remy on SSN he did a politicians answer and said the circs have no changed....is that cos we got promoted, would love to keep him and play Austin and him upfront.
Potential Transfer Targets on 09:09 - May 26 with 2760 viewsTheBlob

There was a bit of the post match Charlie Austin interview that had us scratching our heads a bit.When asked about playing in the Prem for R's he kept hedging and dodging the question,and at one point saying "them" or "they" instead of "us".Freudian slip perhaps we said.
Hope I'm not being paranoid here.

Watchoooo lookin' at?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Potential Transfer Targets on 09:14 - May 26 with 2744 viewsMaggsinho

Potential Transfer Targets on 09:09 - May 26 by TheBlob

There was a bit of the post match Charlie Austin interview that had us scratching our heads a bit.When asked about playing in the Prem for R's he kept hedging and dodging the question,and at one point saying "them" or "they" instead of "us".Freudian slip perhaps we said.

Watchoooo lookin' at?

Think you're overthinking it. That video of post match interviews on the pitch his bit is liberally sprinkled with us and we and he seemed to feel very strongly about the team.

Wouldn't have been surprised to see him go if we hadn't gone up but we have, so he won't.
Potential Transfer Targets on 09:23 - May 26 with 2720 viewsTheBlob

Potential Transfer Targets on 09:14 - May 26 by Maggsinho

Think you're overthinking it. That video of post match interviews on the pitch his bit is liberally sprinkled with us and we and he seemed to feel very strongly about the team.

Wouldn't have been surprised to see him go if we hadn't gone up but we have, so he won't.

Well I hope you're right,obviously.

Potential Transfer Targets on 09:32 - May 26 with 2694 viewshoops_legend

Is helguson still available? Did great job for us in prem

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Potential Transfer Targets on 10:45 - May 26 with 2612 viewsTheBlob

I'd really like to sign Patrick Bamford from Derby/Chelsea, either loan or permanent.He's got a real touch of class about him,and I'm damned if I know why Shteve didn't bring him on earlier.
25 goals this season.

Potential Transfer Targets on 10:47 - May 26 with 2636 views08olesen

Danny Wellbeck's pissed that he isn't playing ST at utd, he would be worth buying with the Remy money (if he is sold).

Having a line up of:

............Green
Simpson Nedum Richards Olsson
.......Barton Granero
...Hoilet Holtby Traore
Austin

Squad including: Dunne, Hill, Faurlin, Phillips, Murphy(GK), Wisdom(loan), Yun, Redmond, Bamford (loan), Henry, Zamora

Poll: Who will the other play off

Potential Transfer Targets on 10:58 - May 26 with 2622 viewsTheBlob

.... and despite what Clivesays I'd still like to grab hold of Stephen Ireland.

(ooer)

Potential Transfer Targets on 11:09 - May 26 with 2594 viewsNW5Hoop

Potential Transfer Targets on 10:47 - May 26 by 08olesen

Danny Wellbeck's pissed that he isn't playing ST at utd, he would be worth buying with the Remy money (if he is sold).

Having a line up of:

............Green
Simpson Nedum Richards Olsson
.......Barton Granero
...Hoilet Holtby Traore
Austin

Squad including: Dunne, Hill, Faurlin, Phillips, Murphy(GK), Wisdom(loan), Yun, Redmond, Bamford (loan), Henry, Zamora

Can we stop dreaming about anyone who's been a first team regular at a big club? That way lies disaster. No one for whom this is a step down, please.
Login to get fewer ads

Potential Transfer Targets on 11:13 - May 26 with 2582 views08olesen

Potential Transfer Targets on 11:09 - May 26 by NW5Hoop

Can we stop dreaming about anyone who's been a first team regular at a big club? That way lies disaster. No one for whom this is a step down, please.

Holtby has been mentioned by plenty of people on here and wont start for the spuds, and Welbeck has spent most of the time on the bench and wants to get regular football. Yes he would be a stretch, but you would have said the same thing about Remy and he did well.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/25/danny-welbeck-manchester-united-

Potential Transfer Targets on 13:33 - May 26 with 2486 viewsderbyhoop

Potential Transfer Targets on 08:22 - May 26 by NathanNI

If the rumours of Rio Ferdinand & Joe Cole are true I'll be livid.

The thought of Rednkapp planning our transfer targets does worry me a little. As said above, let's hope lessons are learned and we live a little more within our means this time out.

Like the look of Yun, pace and tidy on the ball, so we are covered with him and Simpson at full back. Ned also suitable so the back 4 is one player away from being complete. BAE can leave I'd assume.

Midfield is ok too, save for getting one dynamic player with pace, good options wide with Phillips / Traore I think. We'll have to see how Faurlin does, Granero is another 'wait and see'. Jenas probably not going to feature much.

Krancjar? Not sure what to make of him. Bags of technique, clearly talented but still looks leggy at times. Would a pre season fix this? I'm not convinced. How long is Benayoun here for?

Austin clearly starts, AJ will bow out I'd imagine, Zamora probably worth having around as a sub. So we'll need support. No idea who though. Lot of decent options mentioned in previous posts.

I'd aim for 4 players and try not to dismantle the squad as we did last time. Somehow, and it's a credit to the club, there seems to be some team spirit back in the camp. Saturday will have helped even more. Let's not lose that.

Already we've been linked with Rio, joe Cole and Lampard. On the basis that they used to be at West Ham, Harry used to be manager at West Ham and they've all been released by top clubs. Not in the case of Joe Cole, obviously.
The other things they have in common is that the would all want big money, would see QPR as a step down and are well past their sell by dates.

I don't think we need a football person micro managing Harry. What we need is a strategy that says add pace and energy but, if you want anybody over 30, it will need unilateral agreement from the board, which will only be granted in exceptional cases.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Potential Transfer Targets on 14:14 - May 26 with 2439 viewsIrishR

like the look of alot of names mentioned on here but just noticed Pantiliomon is being released by city. The man is a giant and looked ok the few times i have seen him. Green would be abit hard done by to be forgotten about but if he was willing to sign a 1-2 year contract on half the wages I would keep him and have both fight it out for no1. Would love to know the Cesar situation(his official wage and how much we are supplementing his wages still).
Potential Transfer Targets on 15:58 - May 26 with 2365 views08olesen

Potential Transfer Targets on 14:14 - May 26 by IrishR

like the look of alot of names mentioned on here but just noticed Pantiliomon is being released by city. The man is a giant and looked ok the few times i have seen him. Green would be abit hard done by to be forgotten about but if he was willing to sign a 1-2 year contract on half the wages I would keep him and have both fight it out for no1. Would love to know the Cesar situation(his official wage and how much we are supplementing his wages still).

After seeing the interview on YouTube with green, i really don't see how we cannot give him a new contract.

The bloke stuck with us and has been good all season. He wants to stay and play for QPR.

Naaa fcuk it! lets get a keeper who doesn't care about the club, or understand anything about the 'band of brothers mentality' we seem to have got going.

Thats not a critcism of your post, i think pantimilion would have been good, but i think we owe it to green to give him another contract. But if we could get pantimilon at a low wage (very low) then why not have him as a back up, but i doubt it.

Potential Transfer Targets on 16:31 - May 26 with 2326 viewsVancouverHoop

Potential Transfer Targets on 14:14 - May 26 by IrishR

Toronto FC are paying Julio César US$202,000.00 for the season. On a per game/week basis, and with conversion, that works out to GBP 3,540.00. We're paying the balance.

He has a "gentleman's agreement" with Ryan Nelsen to leave Toronto after the World Cup. That means he'd, potentially, be free to return to us.
Potential Transfer Targets on 17:20 - May 26 with 2282 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Contrary to earlier posts, I think if we discard some of the more lightweight, ageing injury prone midfield we are a bit light.

Carrol wont be back whoever is new at Spuds will want a good look.

When JB was out we were seriously light of snap in midfield KH tries but I think even he would admit the Prem is not a starting role for him

So we need to bulk up for strong midfield with a bit of depth.

Sign Norwood and prise McEachran away from the scum.

Teams who score will be OK. Charlie with BZ on a one year extension need a bit of assistance and while Dzeko would be a bit out of our league, I could see us splashing a bit on someone of that style.

Oh yes and Centreback, Dunny and Clint just are not going to play week in week out, someone like Tommy Elphick?
Potential Transfer Targets on 17:53 - May 26 with 2256 viewsrsonist

"So we need to bulk up for strong midfield with a bit of depth.

Sign Norwood and prise McEachran away from the scum. "

Are these statements meant to be related? Those two are lightweights.
Potential Transfer Targets on 17:55 - May 26 with 2252 viewsLoft1979

Potential Transfer Targets on 17:20 - May 26 by WrightUp5hit___

Contrary to earlier posts, I think if we discard some of the more lightweight, ageing injury prone midfield we are a bit light.

Carrol wont be back whoever is new at Spuds will want a good look.

When JB was out we were seriously light of snap in midfield KH tries but I think even he would admit the Prem is not a starting role for him

So we need to bulk up for strong midfield with a bit of depth.

Sign Norwood and prise McEachran away from the scum.

Teams who score will be OK. Charlie with BZ on a one year extension need a bit of assistance and while Dzeko would be a bit out of our league, I could see us splashing a bit on someone of that style.

Oh yes and Centreback, Dunny and Clint just are not going to play week in week out, someone like Tommy Elphick?

You make great points..some I have not heard yet on this forum.

Like the fact Clint is pretty much done. In fact I am looking at him retiring similar to Derry.
Dunne , as Harry said was to be a 4th centerback. HR said in his comments post the Bournemouth game that he needed rest after being out a year plus and playing darn near every minute. I like Dunne but QPR need one or two center backs .

Barton. I agree. As much as I will defend him, he can't play in the same role in the Prem. Like several I am intrigued by what he would do beside Esteban...who is not exactly healthy right now.

Too many fantasies out there over players that could come in. Rio is not a lock especially if he has ill will over the way his brother was moved out. One player I think will be pushed for is Rhodes given the interest we had in April. Also Connor Wickham who showed us big vs Leeds, then went on to save Sunderland. Both of these are younger facsimiles of BZ who really exemplified the physical presence we need in his pre and playoff appearances.

Going to be interesting to see who is sold, or released this summer. Expecting a couple of shockers.

[Post edited 26 May 2014 18:48]
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:11 - May 26 with 2216 viewskensalriser

A few mentions for McCormack. Took a good look at him during the home game against Leeds and while he was pretty impressive - dogged, decent first touch, strong and a real nuisance for defenders, there was ultimately something unconvincing about him in terms of making the step up. Funny body shape too - short legs, big arse.

Equally i think we'll see Nugent struggle next year. I think he finally got the measure of the Championship after a good few years and in a team capable of giving him good supply, but I don't see him making an impact a division up. Indeed, looking at the entire Leicester side, how many Prem quality players do they really have?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:33 - May 26 with 2197 viewsWokingham_r

Is Niko ours?
I thought that he was on loan from a Russian Club
Anyway, cultured player, but too injury-prone
Potential Transfer Targets on 18:37 - May 26 with 2190 viewsRangersDave

I think what we need to do is this.......

Whoever we go for ( and I think Rhodes amongst others) we go in quick, and quietly and do the deal fast.
Not wait till the last 36 seconds of the transfer window!
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Potential Transfer Targets on 18:49 - May 26 with 2159 viewsLoft1979

Potential Transfer Targets on 19:49 - May 25 by paulparker

If we keep the spine and add 4-5 good signings then we will be ok
we need another cb, a fullback, midfielder and a couple of strikers
we still have Phillips & Ali to come back as well& i would keep Benny rather than nico

CB's & fullbacks worth looking at
Caulker
Bassong
Dawson (WBA)
Boyce & Perch
Guliavogui (st ettiene)
Bertrand
whittingham

Mid
Holtby
Redmond
Chalobha (chelsea)
Forrest (celtic)
Townsend
Powell (man utd)
will Hughes

If Tony is being ambitious why not go for Douglas Costa Or Alex Texeria
both from spartack, they are world beaters and we could sell on for a huge profit if they prove themselves

Strikers

Hooper
Defoe (loan move in Jan)
Vela (real sociedad)
florin thauvin (marseille)
Morrison

i expect us to shift out Adel, Remy, Granero, possibly ceaser
i would also bye,bye & thanks to
Oneil
Bobby Z
Nico
Doyle
Keane
Mariga
LTC
SWP
BAE

Irony, Adel is still a premier league player.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:29 - May 26 with 2112 viewsNathanNI

Potential Transfer Targets on 09:09 - May 26 by TheBlob

Watchoooo lookin' at?

Blob, reading back I think he is referring to Burnley as the 'they / them'

Charlie Austin says: “It’s unreal to be honest. When it fell to Bobby, that’s some finish. I left Burnley in the summer to come to QPR and try to get to the Premier League — obviously they’ve done it, I’m chuffed for them, but I was totally focused on getting QPR there and we’ve done it. I don’t think I’ve really caught the eye playing left midfield. We couldn’t get out of our half, but that’s a great finish from Bobby.”
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:57 - May 26 with 2060 viewsericgen34

Cabella and Stambouli, 2 young Montpellier players who are leaving the club this summer and said they would like a go in the premier league. Cabella is a very technical attacking midfielder, a bit like Ravel bt with a lot of pace, ad Stambouli a young Shaun Derry who can also play center back. Both would have a good sell on value as well in my opinion.
Potential Transfer Targets on 19:58 - May 26 with 2060 viewsVancouverHoop

Jermain Defoe is on a four year contract with Toronto. It's unlikely he'd be loaned back to the Premier League for two months (MLS season begins in March). Seattle did it last season with Clint Dempsey, he got injured at Fulham, and hasn't been fully fit since.
Potential Transfer Targets on 20:04 - May 26 with 2051 viewsGloucs_R

Who were we after in Jan? Ajax striker and others

Poll: Are we staying up?

Potential Transfer Targets on 20:12 - May 26 with 2041 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Didn't mention Harry Maguire, thought would go to a Prem team this summer for lots of money but it would seem Wolves are after him and are tempting Sheffield United with a seven figure sum.

Surely we could compete with that, for an extremely well regarded prospect.

Sheffield United POTY three years on the spin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024