Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh, the irony 22:54 - Oct 5 with 10762 viewsAlbRanger

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112078123

That board has been painful all week and it's carried on today. How amazing they are, how incredible Dyche is yadda, yadda, yadda. Whilst I agree they've having a great season and are possibly exceeding expectations, then over the top gushing over their position has been embarrassing.

Especially considering they've only there (in all probability) because we didn't play midweek this week.
Oh, the irony on 13:15 - Oct 6 with 2704 viewsRangersw12

Oh, the irony on 07:49 - Oct 6 by loftboy

Cheeky bastards. "Awful tattoo avatar"

They do have a point
Oh, the irony on 13:33 - Oct 6 with 2676 viewsloftboy

Oh, the irony on 13:15 - Oct 6 by Rangersw12

They do have a point

Oi leave my homer alone

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Oh, the irony on 13:49 - Oct 6 with 2666 viewsBrightonhoop

Oh, the irony on 09:34 - Oct 6 by ted_hendrix

I thought Burnley FC and the Burnley fans were very respectful when Ray Jones was killed, at least that's how I remember It.

That's how I remember it Ted, never forgotten. They were a strong Club back in the 70's too if I remember rightly, very hard place to go and get anything.
Oh, the irony on 14:14 - Oct 6 with 2639 viewsPommyhoop

Oh, the irony on 13:49 - Oct 6 by Brightonhoop

That's how I remember it Ted, never forgotten. They were a strong Club back in the 70's too if I remember rightly, very hard place to go and get anything.

Anyone remember a match at home in the 70's when they beat us 1 : 0 . I was only a kid but it sticks in my mind because it was f"cking freezing and f"cking boring. We were in the Ellerslie and there was this one Burnley fella I think he was Downs or something( not being horrible he really sounded like it.) going Burnley . Burnley . non stop .This Rangers kid was shouting 'Rubish' every time the fella said Burnley.This went on for ages. Then all of a sudden half of the adults in the stand. joined in with the Rangers kid shouting 'Rubish'after the Burnley chant .Sticks in my very addled mind.
You had to be there I spose..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Oh, the irony on 14:54 - Oct 6 with 2620 viewsBushman

Oh, the irony on 14:14 - Oct 6 by Pommyhoop

Anyone remember a match at home in the 70's when they beat us 1 : 0 . I was only a kid but it sticks in my mind because it was f"cking freezing and f"cking boring. We were in the Ellerslie and there was this one Burnley fella I think he was Downs or something( not being horrible he really sounded like it.) going Burnley . Burnley . non stop .This Rangers kid was shouting 'Rubish' every time the fella said Burnley.This went on for ages. Then all of a sudden half of the adults in the stand. joined in with the Rangers kid shouting 'Rubish'after the Burnley chant .Sticks in my very addled mind.
You had to be there I spose..

Dave Thomas & Leighton James

[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 14:55]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Oh, the irony (n/t) on 21:56 - Oct 6 with 2496 viewsDeano19766

[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 21:57]
Oh, the irony on 13:00 - Oct 7 with 2388 viewssimmo

The thing they fail to realise is that most of us would probably prefer to be achieveing success the way they are, just enjoying the ride and if success comes it is a huge bonus. That was us not too many years ago but this recently acquired perception makes us look like cnts. Teams forget that we have been fans more than the last few years, we have suffered all sorts of shite in pursuit of this little west London outfit!

Good luck to them, not sure wether they have the squad to last the season but I would rather see them go up than somebody like Leicester or fcking Reading.

Gutted I have to miss the game up there in a few weeks, gonna be a tough one!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Oh, the irony on 18:19 - Oct 7 with 2324 viewsJuzzie

It never ceases to amaze me how people continually over-react to one person's opinions and then tar everyone as the same.

[Post edited 7 Oct 2013 18:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Oh, the irony on 22:07 - Oct 7 with 2244 viewsPeterHucker

Oh, the irony on 12:15 - Oct 6 by kropotkin41

Burnley's most famous fan is that utter canute Alastair Campbell - now I wouldn't p*ss on that f*cker if he was on fire. And that is the only thing I have against Burnley. Good luck to them - even if they do beat us. 'Course, even if they beat us twice it doesn't mean they'll finish above us.

A few years ago, I was walking up Bloemfontein Road on the way to a match against Burnley and we were walking just behind that Alistair Campbell. My mate (who has a bit of a stammer) said "oh look, we're walking behind that... that... that..."
Campbell then turns around to smile and acknowledge my mate who finally finishes his sentence ".... that war criminal"

Aside from slimeball Campbell, I've got no problem with Burnley. Good club with a good history and (apart from a few nutters) normal fans that you can have a friendly drink with in the pubs around their ground.
Dyche is a smart bloke and I'd rather see them up near the top than bleeding Leicester or Reading or Forest.
Oh, the irony on 22:32 - Oct 7 with 2226 viewscjc

Burnley along with us and another six clubs could go up. We are far from the real deal and only at the end of November will we start to see what the score is.
Our opening fixtures have been very fotunate, incredible really.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2013 22:35]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Oh, the irony on 11:45 - Oct 8 with 2165 viewsisawqpratwcity

As an aside, I thought Burnley our best opponents in the last Championship year. Every game was full on.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Oh, the irony on 12:00 - Oct 8 with 2148 viewsTheBlob

Turf Moor is a karzi.Everything seemed to have a thin layer of soot on it.The people,the dogs,the burgers.....like an obese version of an LS Lowry painting......with extra soot.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Oh, the irony on 12:11 - Oct 8 with 2133 viewsdaveB

Oh, the irony on 22:32 - Oct 7 by cjc

Burnley along with us and another six clubs could go up. We are far from the real deal and only at the end of November will we start to see what the score is.
Our opening fixtures have been very fotunate, incredible really.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2013 22:35]

not sure they have been fortunate, three tough away games to start with, Leeds were unbeaten when we played them but we got through them without breaking a sweat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024