Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" 04:33 - Aug 29 with 3342 viewsThaiHoop

Got a call at 4.20 in the morning over here to say my dear old Grandpa passed away in England.

He used to be one of the top dogs at Birkbeck College at the time when we trained there in the 70's and 80's and used the complimentary tickets he got to take me to my first football matches in the early 80's. Even though there is no affiliation to Rangers in my family prior to me, the time he spent with me in those early days led to my lifelong love for our great club.

Sleep well Grandpa and thanks for the wonderful memories xxx
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 04:42 - Aug 29 with 3327 viewsHoopstar

Sounds like a cracking feller.

My condolences for your loss. Long live the worldwide R's family!!!
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 06:03 - Aug 29 with 3313 viewswestberksr

plenty of great memories to hold onto there; RIP to your grandad.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 07:07 - Aug 29 with 3288 viewsYorkRanger

Rest in Peace
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 07:39 - Aug 29 with 3262 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Sorry to hear such bad news ThaiHoop but glad that you have such good memories! Sounds like a top bloke who will be sorely missed, RIP.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 08:30 - Aug 29 with 3235 viewsbosh67

RIP to you Thai. Sounds like your grandpa was one heck of a guy.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 08:35 - Aug 29 with 3228 viewssimmo

Condolences mate

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 11:08 - Aug 29 with 3153 viewsCanadaRanger

RIP.
And peace be with you at this difficult time.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 3105 viewsPlumsteadQPR

RIP.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 12:36 - Aug 29 with 3098 viewsJAPRANGERS

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 12:28 - Aug 29 by PlumsteadQPR

RIP.

Sorry to hear your bad news.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 16:40 - Aug 29 with 3050 viewsDylanP

Sorry for your loss. RIP

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 16:52 - Aug 29 with 3042 viewsCharlie1

RIP

Condolences

2:59 baby!

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 16:54 - Aug 29 with 3041 viewsJuzzie

RIP.

My brother and I are 1st generation R's too. The wonderful journey has to start somewhere.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 18:02 - Aug 29 with 3021 viewsThaiHoop

Cheers everyone - been a pretty difficult day trying to concentrate on teaching 30 three year old kids who quite rightly couldn't give a monkeys about my personal problems! They just wanna be entertained!!!!

Nice to come back online and see some of these messages.

It's great being a Superhoop :)
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 18:29 - Aug 29 with 3006 viewshoof_hearted

If the Buddhists are right then I hope he comes back as the scorer of our Champions League winning goal in 2023/24 (no need to be too time specific - any year will do, if you're listening, Buddha.)
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 18:37 - Aug 29 with 3004 viewscheeseydane

Condolences.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 2998 viewsThaiHoop

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 18:29 - Aug 29 by hoof_hearted

If the Buddhists are right then I hope he comes back as the scorer of our Champions League winning goal in 2023/24 (no need to be too time specific - any year will do, if you're listening, Buddha.)

I like your thinking Hoof! I'll get the Mrs to have a word with him!!!

(Although my Grandpa was catholic so not sure how that would work!!!!)
[Post edited 29 Aug 2013 18:44]
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 20:24 - Aug 29 with 2957 viewsnewgolddream

Yr Grandad gave u the gift of QPR for better or worse, in sickness and in health. May he rest in peace.
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 08:28 - Aug 30 with 2882 viewsstonebridgers

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a good man

As the transfer window is still open till Monday I don't think there is an issue moving from being a Catholic to Budishm.

Stonebridgers

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 02:34 - Aug 31 with 2842 viewsThaiHoop

Ha ha - that's quality Stonebridge!

Got visions of Buddha coming out of the pearly gates in his car, winding the window down "yeah, I've been talking to God and his people and we're hoping to get something done by Monday - Bob's a t'riffic lad and would be just the right sort we need for this faith"

Followed by Jesus complaining about broken fax machines at Buddha's end and ending with a picture of my Grandpa being paraded for the press in front of a temple holding up some orange robes with his name on!!!
RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 04:25 - Aug 31 with 2832 viewsade_qpr

RIP to my old Grandpa - the man who made me an "R" on 02:34 - Aug 31 by ThaiHoop

Ha ha - that's quality Stonebridge!

Got visions of Buddha coming out of the pearly gates in his car, winding the window down "yeah, I've been talking to God and his people and we're hoping to get something done by Monday - Bob's a t'riffic lad and would be just the right sort we need for this faith"

Followed by Jesus complaining about broken fax machines at Buddha's end and ending with a picture of my Grandpa being paraded for the press in front of a temple holding up some orange robes with his name on!!!

RIP

great to see you still have your sense of humour

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024