Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay 22:31 - Aug 18 with 6957 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2396668/Adel-Taarabt-desperate

say's it all!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2013 22:33]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 12:43 - Aug 19 with 1296 viewsqprrunner

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 12:06 - Aug 19 by danehoop

Right, do we feel better now? Good.

Adel is a good player who has flaws, hence he played for us and not a bigger or more successful side. He appears to be badly advised at times, and possibly needs greater self discipline to really reach his true potential. One of my favourite players of recent times certainly and who did well for QPR. Will he be playing for us again, sounds unlikely which will be a shame, so remember him for the good times and that season when it all clicked - rather than the spectacular sulks and on/off failure to train as effectively as a variety of managers want/like.

Barton is undoubtedly a flawed indvidual with a small fraction of the talent and potential of Adel. His own demons are well known and documented and at times he is a totally reprehensible human being whose actions get rightly punished. When he plays football and keeps his calm sensible head on he is an asset on the pitch, driving and moving play around effectivelt. When the red mist descends he becomes an utter fool.

Do I think he is better than Adel? Well no, but they are playing completely different roles, so perhaps any comparison is invalid. Do I adore Barton for playing reasonable football, no. But I do respect and recognise that he seems to have buckled down and focused on his job now and seems to be responding to the Managers coaching and improved his game since he last played for us. His performances this season have rightly been noted for the improvement and importance that they have played in getting us results. No one is pretending to like the human being or praise his crass idiocy in previous seasons and the closed period or even to applaud his clearly very damaged moral compass. But he deserves recognition for what he has done on the pitch.

Have I forgotton Adel. No. But should he get praise and adoration this season because he is loaned to Fulham at his own behest (apparently) ? Well I am interested in seeing a gifted QPR player perform, but will leave it to Foolham fans to rate and praise his performances this year.

I won't go Barton played well this match, but as he has sinned against the club previously and is a very dubious human being whose philiospohy and ideas I do not identfy with, therefore I will boo him irrespective of his objective contribution to the game I have watched. Nor will i scream for Adel's return and urge others around me in the Upper Loft to demand his return and publicly stone Barton.

Move on and grow up. We've started well and if we keep this going we may have a good outcome at the end of the season. Then we can look at the wider, possibly academic question, of what should happen with either player in future.

How long did it take to write that? Shame as you could have used your time much more effectively than ramble on for 20 minutes without actually saying anything of note.

Someone earlier said he shouldn't be granted the same status as Trevor Siclair? Adel is not a good player. He is a great great player. One of the best we've ever had. And us QPR fans who love players with flair as much as their flaws; the amount of flack Adel has had is nothing short of criminal.

When Barton has a good game and Adel has a good game I think we can all agree there is a MASSIVE difference.
When Barton has a shocker (Liverpool at home) and Adel has a shocker (Bristol City away) there is NO difference, they're both useless.

Respect Barton for knuckling down an getting on with his football? I might be wrong here but isn't he a professional footballer and that's exactly what hes paid 70k a week to do.

I'm not denying Adel hasn't fulfilled his potential, in my books he could be as good as Hazard but for one reason or another it hasn't quite clicked yet. I have taken your advice and grown up and moved on, much like Adel has. Whether we get promoted or not Adel won't be returning, hes still got ambition, wants to go to the top. Barton on the other-hand is the complete opposite, he'll be here running out his 4 year contract the useless, selfish, arrogant, money hungry twunt.
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 12:45 - Aug 19 with 1288 viewshoopstilidie

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 12:43 - Aug 19 by qprrunner

How long did it take to write that? Shame as you could have used your time much more effectively than ramble on for 20 minutes without actually saying anything of note.

Someone earlier said he shouldn't be granted the same status as Trevor Siclair? Adel is not a good player. He is a great great player. One of the best we've ever had. And us QPR fans who love players with flair as much as their flaws; the amount of flack Adel has had is nothing short of criminal.

When Barton has a good game and Adel has a good game I think we can all agree there is a MASSIVE difference.
When Barton has a shocker (Liverpool at home) and Adel has a shocker (Bristol City away) there is NO difference, they're both useless.

Respect Barton for knuckling down an getting on with his football? I might be wrong here but isn't he a professional footballer and that's exactly what hes paid 70k a week to do.

I'm not denying Adel hasn't fulfilled his potential, in my books he could be as good as Hazard but for one reason or another it hasn't quite clicked yet. I have taken your advice and grown up and moved on, much like Adel has. Whether we get promoted or not Adel won't be returning, hes still got ambition, wants to go to the top. Barton on the other-hand is the complete opposite, he'll be here running out his 4 year contract the useless, selfish, arrogant, money hungry twunt.

"Respect Barton for knuckling down an getting on with his football? I might be wrong here but isn't he a professional footballer and that's exactly what hes paid 70k a week to do."

Ironic from somebody supporting Taarabt.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:01 - Aug 19 with 1264 viewsHollowayRanger

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 11:16 - Aug 19 by Rangersw12

The club made no effort to keep him and Redknapp made it clear he wasn't in his plans so not surprised he wanted to go

After all he has done for the club the disrespect he gets from some people is very sad

what apart from giving him a 4 year contract

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 1255 viewsdaveB

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:01 - Aug 19 by HollowayRanger

what apart from giving him a 4 year contract

When did redknapp give him a 4 year contract? He signed a 3 year one under Hughes last year
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:10 - Aug 19 with 1254 viewsqprrunner

You don't see Taarabt mouthing off on twitter. How many times have we heard in interviews Adel saying he loves the club, which is staggering considering when he first came he couldn't care less about anyone but himself. Somewhere he found a connection with the club and the fans. Barton, only a few weeks ago was trying to instigate a move to his "beloved" Everton through social networks. Its a joke Barton has so many supporters.
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:24 - Aug 19 with 1233 viewsdoogi55

he gets his agent and family to mouth off
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:37 - Aug 19 with 1208 viewsWesty75

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 13:10 - Aug 19 by qprrunner

You don't see Taarabt mouthing off on twitter. How many times have we heard in interviews Adel saying he loves the club, which is staggering considering when he first came he couldn't care less about anyone but himself. Somewhere he found a connection with the club and the fans. Barton, only a few weeks ago was trying to instigate a move to his "beloved" Everton through social networks. Its a joke Barton has so many supporters.

Let's be honest though, if Taraabt had had an offer from a half decent premier league side in any of the last 4 seasons he would have been off like a shot.
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 16:25 - Aug 19 with 1175 viewsJHoop

I don't think any of us would argue that we had virtually no team spirit last season, but as Adel says, that was last season. He would have precisely no idea about our team spirit this season (which we are now only hearing good things about) as he trained twice with us and was sent home from 'a team' building tour for discipline reasons.
Ironic really.

Edit: missed a word out of a sentence.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 16:28]
Login to get fewer ads

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 16:49 - Aug 19 with 1150 viewsdaveB

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 16:25 - Aug 19 by JHoop

I don't think any of us would argue that we had virtually no team spirit last season, but as Adel says, that was last season. He would have precisely no idea about our team spirit this season (which we are now only hearing good things about) as he trained twice with us and was sent home from 'a team' building tour for discipline reasons.
Ironic really.

Edit: missed a word out of a sentence.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 16:28]

He's clearly talking about last season rather than the new season, what he said was about right really, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill have both said exactly the same thing as well
taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 14:46 - Aug 20 with 1078 viewsisawqpratwcity

Apparently he wanted to go...So he's gone.

Until he plays us again, that's the end of it.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 14:52 - Aug 20 with 1066 viewsbaz_qpr

taarabt QPR wanted me to stay on 16:49 - Aug 19 by daveB

He's clearly talking about last season rather than the new season, what he said was about right really, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill have both said exactly the same thing as well

I think the point he was making (and remember English is his second language) is that as a new player he was welcomed into what seemed like a single family. Where as last year you had new incoming players that were resented and two camps. The french one / the english, old guard one. Interestingly HR has shipped out Mackie and Derry very quickly as well as pushing most of the Fre4nch clique out as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024