Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong 11:39 - Sep 5 with 3583 viewsdandaqpr

Who will score the most goals ( and assists ) this season ? The two that are with us now, or the the guys that have just left us .
My money is on Frey and Celar , what does everyone else think ?
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:15 - Sep 5 with 3441 viewsQPunkR

Frey

QPR - "shit but local"

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:27 - Sep 5 with 3401 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Not really a fair contest given one of them is playing a level below ours.

I definitely feel more comfortable with Frey and Celar than I would have felt had we only had Dykes and Armstrong though.

Frey's performance in the second half last Friday was the best performance by a Striker for QPR for 10 years I would have said.
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:44 - Sep 5 with 3291 viewsbosh67

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:27 - Sep 5 by Padulas_Shampoo

Not really a fair contest given one of them is playing a level below ours.

I definitely feel more comfortable with Frey and Celar than I would have felt had we only had Dykes and Armstrong though.

Frey's performance in the second half last Friday was the best performance by a Striker for QPR for 10 years I would have said.

I'm just hoping that Frey has really landed now here. He seems to really enjoy being here and the fans are getting behind him. With a lot of fan love I think he can score 15+ goals this season.
[Post edited 5 Sep 12:44]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:54 - Sep 5 with 3229 viewsDWQPR

I think Frey will out score Dykes and Armstrong combined.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:01 - Sep 5 with 3198 viewsBrizR

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 12:44 - Sep 5 by bosh67

I'm just hoping that Frey has really landed now here. He seems to really enjoy being here and the fans are getting behind him. With a lot of fan love I think he can score 15+ goals this season.
[Post edited 5 Sep 12:44]

Everything about his approach to pre-season, how he fits into the team, and how he's been on the pitch this season suggest the bloke's really committed and desperate to show how good he is now he's fully fit. Looks like a positive story after a tough start in January.

Thought it was interesting that when he's talking about the unicorn celebration it's Jimmy who's kicked that off; he seems to be the heart of this team in a lot of ways.
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:18 - Sep 5 with 3085 viewsTonto

Much happier with Frey and Celar than Dykes and Armstrong. We have improved our goalscoring potential and our bank balance.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:29 - Sep 5 with 3032 viewsdaveB

I'm hesitant to get carried away with our options at the moment. Frey was excellent at the weekend but I still think we are a side that struggles to convert chances and not seen much sign that we're going to be better than that.

If Frey can get double figures he's basically replaced Dykes, to do better he needs to be hitting 15-20 goals this season. Same for Celar given how much we paid for him
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:34 - Sep 5 with 3011 viewsQPRcounsellor

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:01 - Sep 5 by BrizR

Everything about his approach to pre-season, how he fits into the team, and how he's been on the pitch this season suggest the bloke's really committed and desperate to show how good he is now he's fully fit. Looks like a positive story after a tough start in January.

Thought it was interesting that when he's talking about the unicorn celebration it's Jimmy who's kicked that off; he seems to be the heart of this team in a lot of ways.

Frey and Jimmy are often together in Chiswick, along with Andersen and Cook. You're right, I get the impression Jimmy really loves being part of this team. He is literally building a Chiswick crew, he recommends every new player moves here. Frey seems to really enjoy living here too. Originally lived in Kensington but realised it was expensive and soulless there.
[Post edited 5 Sep 13:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:47 - Sep 5 with 2911 viewsNorthantsHoop

Frey and Celar. Frey is now fit and is starting to deliver, the way he rifled that goal in on Friday top quality. Celar taking a bit longer, but hopefully will come good.
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:51 - Sep 5 with 2879 viewsderbyhoop

Frey & Celar for me. 25 goals between them is not unrealistic.
Dykes may get 10. In L1!
Armstrong won't get double figures.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 14:44 - Sep 5 with 2677 viewsAntti_Heinola

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 13:29 - Sep 5 by daveB

I'm hesitant to get carried away with our options at the moment. Frey was excellent at the weekend but I still think we are a side that struggles to convert chances and not seen much sign that we're going to be better than that.

If Frey can get double figures he's basically replaced Dykes, to do better he needs to be hitting 15-20 goals this season. Same for Celar given how much we paid for him

How do you know how much we paid for him? That is confidential info dave, we are not allowed to know that. ;)

Bare bones.

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 2632 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I am in a situation where my only QPR match viewing is on TV and while I do not see all of them live I watch pretty much every one on replay.
Its crystal clear we are way more attack minded so far this year which creates many more scoring chances which will improve our goal difference .
This means multiple players arriving in the box ( Madsen and Anderson friday ) and a better spread of goalscores in our team.
Remember Chair has not played yet and he will be desperate to get on the scoring charts plus teams wont be able to stop QPR anymore by stopping Chair as has been the case for a while.
Armstrong is a bull in a china shop ,all heart and passion but no finishing skill. Dykes should score goals in League 1 but will he get playing time now with those big spenders .
Frey has the smarts and brute strength to get goals and I believe Celar will score also once he calms down a bit
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 14:53 - Sep 5 with 2615 viewshoops_legend

I think Frey may be decent but we are getting a little carried away by one decent performance. We have got too excited before on these things so let’s hope we see a sustained period of great striking abilities

I actually think celar could come good as well.

So vote for Frey/celar. Armstrong will end up with 5-6 and Dykes - hard to say

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 2508 viewskensalriser

Early days, but we're not doing too badly on goals scored - only eight teams have scored more than our six.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 16:19 - Sep 5 with 2314 viewsDavieQPR

To do better than Dykes he needs to get 23 league goals in 3 seasons not 45-60.
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 17:42 - Sep 5 with 2165 viewsmart_Goblin

Not sure about these figures . Frey needs to hit 15-20 goals to be better than Dykes ?

He’s already half way to beating last seasons total .
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 17:56 - Sep 5 with 2057 viewshantssi

Dykes record includes penalties, take those out and his record is appalling!
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 18:07 - Sep 5 with 2023 viewsdaveB

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 17:42 - Sep 5 by mart_Goblin

Not sure about these figures . Frey needs to hit 15-20 goals to be better than Dykes ?

He’s already half way to beating last seasons total .

yeah maybe 15-20 is too much, more like 10-15 would be an improvement
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 19:04 - Sep 5 with 1866 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I call this a no contest. We’d scored 2 goals at the same stage last season compared to 6 goals currently so we’re clearly creating more chances. It’s also highly questionable how much football Dykes is going to play this year baring injuries to Birminghams other stikers.

Frey 13
Celar 7
Dykes 4
Sinclair 5
[Post edited 5 Sep 23:53]
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 19:59 - Sep 5 with 1794 viewsJimmyR

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 14:51 - Sep 5 by CLAREMAN1995

I am in a situation where my only QPR match viewing is on TV and while I do not see all of them live I watch pretty much every one on replay.
Its crystal clear we are way more attack minded so far this year which creates many more scoring chances which will improve our goal difference .
This means multiple players arriving in the box ( Madsen and Anderson friday ) and a better spread of goalscores in our team.
Remember Chair has not played yet and he will be desperate to get on the scoring charts plus teams wont be able to stop QPR anymore by stopping Chair as has been the case for a while.
Armstrong is a bull in a china shop ,all heart and passion but no finishing skill. Dykes should score goals in League 1 but will he get playing time now with those big spenders .
Frey has the smarts and brute strength to get goals and I believe Celar will score also once he calms down a bit

Yeah, agree, chair being back = us moving the ball a lot quicker

And I feel like there’s better options for him to now pass to, because there’s more lots more bodies forward. In general / sticks up there a bit longer a la fray

Doubling up on him now longer an option as demblele would be free… quite an exciting prospect
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 20:58 - Sep 5 with 1588 viewsrichpr

Frey 12
Celar 8

Dykes 2 (both pens)
Armstrong 3 (will be sub for most games when they realise he doesn't score and runs out of gas after 30 mins)
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 21:36 - Sep 5 with 1505 viewsLblock

Said last season that even a clearly unfit Frey was a far better striker than Dykes
Frey’s movement (when he could move) was superior and showed strikers instincts …. See his first goal for the club for example. He actually gets across defenders and anticipates rather than reacts.

Dykes showed his limitations and was clear he’d never be a natural goal scorer
He has other attributes but will never be a double figure regular scorer at any level in the English pro game.

As for the original question…… IF he stays fit I see Frey getting 1 in 3 as an average so 12 to 16 goals.
Celar my jury is out but cut the lad some slack. I’d hope he gets 8 to 10
Dykes I’d be amazed if he got more than 10
As for Sincs…. At some stage he needs to develop!!! This season I reckon 8 to 12 goals but in time I think he’ll be getting an average of 1 in 4 probably coming in off the left rather than a one up top.

As someone alluded to above; I think we’ll have a good spread of scorers this season, who knows…. We may even get a couple direct from free kicks should miracles happen.
Smyth, Dembele, Saito, Chair, Madison (don’t call him baby) and Jesus all got goals in them. Dunne and Cook should contribute half a dozen between them.
The lad I really, really want to score and go on to bag a few more is Kolli; the lad is a player

I’ve just read all that back and I’m off for a lay down —- far too positive for me!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 23:11 - Sep 5 with 1350 viewshoops_legend

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 21:36 - Sep 5 by Lblock

Said last season that even a clearly unfit Frey was a far better striker than Dykes
Frey’s movement (when he could move) was superior and showed strikers instincts …. See his first goal for the club for example. He actually gets across defenders and anticipates rather than reacts.

He has other attributes but will never be a double figure regular scorer at any level in the English pro game.

As for the original question…… IF he stays fit I see Frey getting 1 in 3 as an average so 12 to 16 goals.
As for Sincs…. At some stage he needs to develop!!! This season I reckon 8 to 12 goals but in time I think he’ll be getting an average of 1 in 4 probably coming in off the left rather than a one up top.

As someone alluded to above; I think we’ll have a good spread of scorers this season, who knows…. We may even get a couple direct from free kicks should miracles happen.
Smyth, Dembele, Saito, Chair, Madison (don’t call him baby) and Jesus all got goals in them. Dunne and Cook should contribute half a dozen between them.
The lad I really, really want to score and go on to bag a few more is Kolli; the lad is a player

I’ve just read all that back and I’m off for a lay down —- far too positive for me!!!

Dykes just missed glorious chance for Scotland

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 09:20 - Sep 6 with 978 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 21:36 - Sep 5 by Lblock

Kolli will not be playing for QPR first team unless he signs a new contract.
Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 09:44 - Sep 6 with 926 viewsAntti_Heinola

Frey / Celar V Dykes / S Armstrong on 14:53 - Sep 5 by hoops_legend

I think Frey may be decent but we are getting a little carried away by one decent performance. We have got too excited before on these things so let’s hope we see a sustained period of great striking abilities

I actually think celar could come good as well.

So vote for Frey/celar. Armstrong will end up with 5-6 and Dykes - hard to say

He's played well v Luton, Plymouth and Cambridge and scored in all three. In fact, he's scored in 3 out of the 4 games he's started this season.
Can't remember the last time we had a striker who scored at that rate?
But yes, early days.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024