Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madsen 20:50 - Sep 1 with 6324 viewsVancouverHoop

Got a fair amount of stick early in the match thread, but nevertheless scored one goal and was instrumental in the winner.

It's early doors of course, but having watched the replays he looks like he might be one of those rare players you forget is on the pitch for an hour or so, then pops up in acres of space at exactly the right time. There wasn't a Luton player visible for his goal (How does that happen? He's 6'3"!) For the second (arguably the best collective QPR goal since the days of Taraabt and Routledge IMHO) he had two defenders on him but instead of trying to beat them, he calmly laid the ball wide to the onrushing Paal with his back to goal,.

He didn't do a lot, but what he did do was ice-water cool and very effective. I know this is well OTT but, potentially, he reminds me a bit of Spurs' John White, "The Ghost" from their early 60s team. The ability to "vanish" then "reappear" several minutes later during a match shouldn't be underestimated.
Madsen on 14:21 - Sep 2 with 1105 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Madsen on 14:09 - Sep 2 by ParkRoyalR

Languid running style not the quickest really reminds me of another Dane (via West London) in Matt O'Riley.

Bought for £1.5m from MK Don's and recently sold to Brighton for £25m, let's hope those comparisons continue,

Really liked both him and Dembele moving the ball first time for the 2nd goal, likewise early cross meaning the defence didn't have time to reset, something we've needed to do for a long long time.

That second goal was PL standard and if City or Pool scored it they would never stop talking about it.
Even at this level there is not much time ,look at our first goal 2 players and the keeper converged and any dicking around by Madsen and the chance was gone.
Paal sent over a beautiful cross but Frey was already moving and arrived perfectly to hammer it home what a scene that was.
When Chair comes back will he continue to play with himself holding the ball or will Marti demand faster movement like we achieved at Luton which brings obvious results.
Will he walk straight into the team or have to fight for his spot ?
Madsen on 11:39 - Sep 3 with 607 viewsrobith

Madsen on 14:21 - Sep 2 by CLAREMAN1995

That second goal was PL standard and if City or Pool scored it they would never stop talking about it.
Even at this level there is not much time ,look at our first goal 2 players and the keeper converged and any dicking around by Madsen and the chance was gone.
Paal sent over a beautiful cross but Frey was already moving and arrived perfectly to hammer it home what a scene that was.
When Chair comes back will he continue to play with himself holding the ball or will Marti demand faster movement like we achieved at Luton which brings obvious results.
Will he walk straight into the team or have to fight for his spot ?

Frey's movement for the goal is so so savvy. When he lays it off, he stops, let the defence set, then makes a late run where he can attack the space. Watch the replay back and just watch him, it's a lot of fun watching him clock he's absolutely got them
Madsen on 13:44 - Sep 3 with 455 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought of Richard Langley and he'll get exactly the same lazy accusations shown at him. I also think the physicality of Luton and this league might be a shock to him initially but I think that is why he has come here, that is where he can grow as a player. Has shown some real touches of class already that pass for Dembele against Plymouth when Dembele hit the bar was top level class
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024