Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes is our best striker. 14:44 - Aug 24 with 5790 viewsSnipper

I honestly think he’s our best striker as it stands.

Unless MC has a plan, it’d be foolish to sell him.
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 4165 viewsSpaceman_P

definitely not... bloke scored one goal last week, are you forgetting how shite he's been for us for 3 seasons.

The new blokes have a more natural awareness, they will both get off the mark.

Frey scored today, Celar has a natural awareness where the goal is, time will tell when the bloke is a little more comfortable.

But Dykes, definitely not our best striker.
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:48 - Aug 24 with 4117 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Considering he scored last week, I reckon he's definitely leaving as he didn't get on today.
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 4121 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Sold to Hearts apparently.
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:50 - Aug 24 with 4117 viewsloftus77

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:49 - Aug 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Sold to Hearts apparently.

Interesting and, you'd have to say, great move for him if so. Alongside Shankland or replacing him, I wonder?
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 4056 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:48 - Aug 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

Considering he scored last week, I reckon he's definitely leaving as he didn't get on today.

Selling Dykes is a very risky move, especially if you are hoping Frey & Celar can step up to this level.

Still Cifuentes seems to take unnecessary risks like continually starting players who've been with the club barely 48 hours.

If Cifuentes is supposedly our attacking coach he's obviously backing himself on this one, a big call.
Dykes is our best striker. on 14:55 - Aug 24 with 4015 viewspriceyparkrangers

Let’s just ignore Frey works his socks off and already has 2 goals this season, after 3 starts and 1 sub appearance
Dykes is our best striker. on 15:03 - Aug 24 with 3830 viewsjohncharles

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:47 - Aug 24 by Spaceman_P

definitely not... bloke scored one goal last week, are you forgetting how shite he's been for us for 3 seasons.

The new blokes have a more natural awareness, they will both get off the mark.

Frey scored today, Celar has a natural awareness where the goal is, time will tell when the bloke is a little more comfortable.

But Dykes, definitely not our best striker.

Today I watched Celar doing all the things that Dykes was constantly slagged off for. He took missing sitters to a whole new level.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:14 - Aug 24 with 3733 viewsLisbonR

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:03 - Aug 24 by johncharles

Today I watched Celar doing all the things that Dykes was constantly slagged off for. He took missing sitters to a whole new level.

He hardly missed 'sitters'. Those were mostly half chances and the fact that he was on the end of them suggests that by the law of averages, he'll bag a few in the near future which in turn will aid his confidence.

Let's get behind our players and give them time to gel.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:15 - Aug 24 with 3701 viewsaston_hoop

Yes he probably is and thats why we are getting money for him.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:31 - Aug 24 with 3472 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:39 - Aug 24 with 3388 viewsPaddyhoops

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:50 - Aug 24 by loftus77

Interesting and, you'd have to say, great move for him if so. Alongside Shankland or replacing him, I wonder?

He’s not . Frey was good today and I reckon he’ll get a few this season . Celar a lot better today.
Dykes is our best striker. on 15:55 - Aug 24 with 3244 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:39 - Aug 24 by Paddyhoops

He’s not . Frey was good today and I reckon he’ll get a few this season . Celar a lot better today.

Frey has to improve hugely on last season if we are to risk him as our lone striker this season.

Remember this is a team last season with Willock & Chair in the side that just stayed up.

Although it's very us to find a talent like Dembele who is both quick and can cross and we sell Dykes.
Dykes is our best striker. on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 3206 viewsWatford_Ranger

Saw a lot more of what Celar is about today. There was a chance he brought down and turned brilliantly IMO like Austin of old that we’ve not had a striker do for years. A yard over of course but it’ll come. Probably helped by being in a two which won’t often be the case. Game was crying out for Dykes on for Frey typically.
Dykes is our best striker. on 16:13 - Aug 24 with 3054 viewsjoolsyp

Marti said Dykes was 'unavailable' without saying why. Looks like he's offski. Guessing Rangers or Hearts unless Birmingham are offering silly money (for League 1)?
Dykes is our best striker. on 16:16 - Aug 24 with 3020 viewsrichpr

Can't believe you are serious. Dykes has hidden behind defenders for 3 years - gets the occasional goal when you least expect it. Hiddeous hair and tattoos. Time to move on.

Surprised if he would move to Hearts - more likely Rangers or Birmingham
Dykes is our best striker. on 16:45 - Aug 24 with 2819 viewsKerryE

I'll have a pint of what your drinking
Dykes is our best striker. on 16:52 - Aug 24 with 2716 viewsqueensparker

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:55 - Aug 24 by ParkRoyalR

Frey has to improve hugely on last season if we are to risk him as our lone striker this season.

Remember this is a team last season with Willock & Chair in the side that just stayed up.

Although it's very us to find a talent like Dembele who is both quick and can cross and we sell Dykes.

The thing is Dykes never ever gets on the end of crosses

Whether he’d flourish with Dembele etc now as the supply line is a question but the evidence of the last three years is that he’d continue to be nowhere near the ball. He’s a good bloke etc and got a nice goal last week but we should know by now, he does have the odd nice goal in him every 15 games, but that’s it.

Celar skied a few chances but was in there and created one for himself with a lovely quick turn.

Let’s not turn Dykes into another all-time QPR great now he’s no longer getting picked
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:11 - Aug 24 with 2590 viewsHunterhoop

IMO Frey is comfortably our best forward and will score the most of the three this season. I’d bank on on him getting more than 10 if he stays fit. Dykes won’t. Celar doesn’t look like it.
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 2469 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:55 - Aug 24 by priceyparkrangers

Let’s just ignore Frey works his socks off and already has 2 goals this season, after 3 starts and 1 sub appearance

Yeah, I’m not sure what people don’t like. He’s not quick. Neither is Dykes or Celar. He’s bigger and stronger than both. He makes excellent runs. He’s scored 2 so far.

To me, he looks like a proper 9. A bit slow but it immobile. Decent in the air and a better touch than Dykes. Looks an upgrade to me.
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:39 - Aug 24 with 2402 viewsGaryHaddock

Dykes is our best striker. on 17:33 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

Yeah, I’m not sure what people don’t like. He’s not quick. Neither is Dykes or Celar. He’s bigger and stronger than both. He makes excellent runs. He’s scored 2 so far.

To me, he looks like a proper 9. A bit slow but it immobile. Decent in the air and a better touch than Dykes. Looks an upgrade to me.

The Championship goalscoring hall of fame is full of Frey type strikers.

I like him, not least because looking at him makes me think I can still make it.
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:40 - Aug 24 with 2391 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dykes is our best striker. on 15:39 - Aug 24 by Paddyhoops

Agreed - Frey was good.
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:48 - Aug 24 with 2295 viewsNorthantsHoop

Dykes is our best striker. on 17:33 - Aug 24 by Hunterhoop

Yep Frey at the moment is the best option, works hard and is starting to lead the line well, reckon will score a few this season . Celar still looks off the pace but some improvement today just needs to stick a chance away to get his confidence up. Dykes time to move on to a new venture.
Dykes is our best striker. on 17:53 - Aug 24 with 2240 viewsGloucs_R

Dykes is our best striker. on 14:55 - Aug 24 by priceyparkrangers

Frey was superb today. First time I've seen him at a game.

Worked hard, pressured their defence, never gave up. You could see they didn't like going up against up.

Good goal too, great positioning.

Anyone giving Frey stick today needs to give their head a wobble.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes is our best striker. on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 2172 viewsAntti_Heinola

Celar had about 6 shots in 45 mins. Should’ve scored 1 or 2 of them.
Dykes, who i like, averages about 1 shot a game. I was encouraged by Celar today.

Bare bones.

Dykes is our best striker. on 18:00 - Aug 24 with 2118 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes is our best striker. on 17:39 - Aug 24 by GaryHaddock

The Championship goalscoring hall of fame is full of Frey type strikers.

I like him, not least because looking at him makes me think I can still make it.

The DaZN director had the camera on him more than any other player today. He looks bloody terrifying. I've seen matadors facing bulls less intimidating than Frey.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024