Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our starting centre forward this season 07:21 - Aug 14 with 5777 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently I think it's Michi Frey..

I can't make any comments re Celar as its very early days.

Lyndon came on last night and I did not notice him.

Pleased Frey scored and he always runs and chases.

Are we likely to buy a number nine if Eze gets sold..

Centre Forwards and their effectiveness seem to be a dying breed today.

Let's all hang the positive vibes out there and the man will miraculously appear without us trying.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Our starting centre forward this season on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 1857 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s tough if it costs you points in the short term when teams/managers don’t have that luxury often but Celar ought to have a run in the side otherwise he’ll never get going. It would be great for him to come to a new league and new teammates and smash it from day one but it rarely happens.
Our starting centre forward this season on 11:16 - Aug 14 with 1811 viewsMonkey_Roots

It has to be Celar - he needs to touch the ball, and for that touch to be a goal.
Our starting centre forward this season on 11:17 - Aug 14 with 1803 viewsLoyalitat

Our starting centre forward this season on 10:11 - Aug 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Are we seriously writing Celar off after about 100 minutes of football?

The word 'entitled' comes to mind.

I'm not suggesting that Celar will ever turn out like Ellis Simms and Hadji Wright at Coventry, but in both cases: Simms didn't start scoring on a regular basis until January 2024 and Wright only managed 2 in his first 15 games. They both then ended up with 19 goals apiece in all competitions.

It will take time and we will have to be patient with not just him, but also the new wide players recently signed, Varane and new goalkeeper. Up to 5 new players who will in all likelihood figure in our starting eleven, none of whom has played in the championship before. This is a tough league and they will all need time to adapt and it is for that reason, I wouldn't sell IIias Chair during the current window. We need his experience at this level as well as his undoubted creativity and ability to score goals.
[Post edited 14 Aug 11:19]
Our starting centre forward this season on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 1721 viewsNed_Kennedys

Our starting centre forward this season on 11:17 - Aug 14 by Loyalitat

I'm not suggesting that Celar will ever turn out like Ellis Simms and Hadji Wright at Coventry, but in both cases: Simms didn't start scoring on a regular basis until January 2024 and Wright only managed 2 in his first 15 games. They both then ended up with 19 goals apiece in all competitions.

It will take time and we will have to be patient with not just him, but also the new wide players recently signed, Varane and new goalkeeper. Up to 5 new players who will in all likelihood figure in our starting eleven, none of whom has played in the championship before. This is a tough league and they will all need time to adapt and it is for that reason, I wouldn't sell IIias Chair during the current window. We need his experience at this level as well as his undoubted creativity and ability to score goals.
[Post edited 14 Aug 11:19]

This is indeed the main issue buying value players from abroad: the bedding in period.
The physicality of the Championship takes time to get used to and adapting to.
Our starting centre forward this season on 12:49 - Aug 14 with 1592 viewsngbqpr

Our starting centre forward this season on 10:59 - Aug 14 by Superhoop83

I agree that Celar hasn't looked good, but it is WAY too early to assess him and I suspect he will come good.

We were dreadful by the time he came on last night and the service to him on Saturday was non-existent. Our goal also came from him dropping into space and feeding the ball quickly out to the wing, so let's be patient and see what the new additions on the wings bring to the party.

Frey has done ok, but if he is our best striker this season I think we're in a spot of bother.

This re Celar 100%.

Scraps on Sat, then came into a $hit second half performance yesterday. At one point last night, he controlled a hopeful clearance really nicely on the touch line, held off his marker, looked to shimmy away from a second CU player, only for a third to come in to press him - all without another hooped shirt in sight.

He may end up more Conor Washington than Clive Allen, but let's give it a good dozen games, eh?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Our starting centre forward this season on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 1482 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our starting centre forward this season on 07:52 - Aug 14 by WokingR

Agree, Frey for me too.
He might not have the engine or stamina to go 90 minutes but he certainly puts the effort in for as long as he can.
Dykes seems to only make the effort 1 in 5 games and Celar seems to just mince around without affecting anything. Anyone else noticed he runs like Charlie did after coming back from his shoulder surgery ?

What is it about supporters writing off (and seemingly accepting) Andersen and Frey as unable (and/or can't be expected) to last 90 minutes? One is 29 and the other is 30! It's absolutely ridiculous! It would be fascinating to see how my employer reacted if I (at the age of 56) stopped my class after 60 minutes instead of doing the full hour and a half because I didn't feel quite up to it.

If the supposition is correct, are they on 0.6 contracts as a result, and if not, why not?

F*ck's sake!, get a grip!
[Post edited 14 Aug 13:27]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Our starting centre forward this season on 13:32 - Aug 14 with 1450 viewsstainrods_elbow

Looking at the choice, do we have to have one?

Our starting centre forward this season on 13:49 - Aug 14 with 1395 viewsHastings_Hoops

And so it came to pass - after 60 mins of competitive football in England: Celar was declared a flop.
Login to get fewer ads

Our starting centre forward this season on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 1279 viewsdaveB

only at QPR could you have multiple people angry about a player being written off who hasn't actually been written off, people have just said he's not looked good so far
Our starting centre forward this season on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 1268 viewsstrikerace

I'd give Celar a run and see what he has. He certainly can't be worse and harm anything
We all know Frey is not the answer. I would play Dykes ahead of Frey, at least Dykes plays a little more out on the field and can hold up the play for others. So for me I would give Celar a few matches, and the if he can't do it try Dykes.

I also agree with the above poster who says we should try a formation change. Now that it seems we are going to have an abundance of attacking wingers maybe we should use them?
Our starting centre forward this season on 15:48 - Aug 14 with 1185 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our starting centre forward this season on 14:27 - Aug 14 by daveB

only at QPR could you have multiple people angry about a player being written off who hasn't actually been written off, people have just said he's not looked good so far

It's not only at QPR though is it.
I suspect it would be everywhere and even more marked in the Prem.
Our starting centre forward this season on 17:22 - Aug 14 with 1078 viewssparkey

Our starting centre forward this season on 14:32 - Aug 14 by strikerace

I'd give Celar a run and see what he has. He certainly can't be worse and harm anything
We all know Frey is not the answer. I would play Dykes ahead of Frey, at least Dykes plays a little more out on the field and can hold up the play for others. So for me I would give Celar a few matches, and the if he can't do it try Dykes.

I also agree with the above poster who says we should try a formation change. Now that it seems we are going to have an abundance of attacking wingers maybe we should use them?

How can you watch yesterdays game and think Dykes does does more and holds the play for others better than Frey. Frey showed better hold up play yesterday than Dykes has in three years. He also looks much fitter than last season, as far as I'm concerned Frey could be like a whole new signing that we had written off as not good enough
Our starting centre forward this season on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 971 viewsmart_Goblin

Don’t think many people are writing Celar off already .
Calling fans ‘entitled’ for saying, at the moment he looks miles off, is a bit silly.

We all hope he adapts and the wingers come in and offer much more support but they have to ‘adapt’ too.

At the moment Frey looks the most affective right now that’s all.
Our starting centre forward this season on 18:21 - Aug 14 with 965 viewsbaz_qpr

For those around in the 90's I'm getting strong Mike Sheron vibes, lets hope we find his strengths especially with the new signings and then play to them
Our starting centre forward this season on 19:34 - Aug 14 with 824 viewsPlanetHonneywood

ZC has been here 5 minutes, and some are already being a bit, you know, typical...

Give the lad and all the other lads a f.....g chance! They're all new to this league and, in most cases, new to the country! They're probably living out of boxes, loved ones in transit, and may well suffer a bit of culture/ footy shock.

We can't afford off-the-shelf fixes and need to polish them up; so a bit of support really is effing vital.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our starting centre forward this season on 21:11 - Aug 14 with 761 viewsMrSheen

Our starting centre forward this season on 19:34 - Aug 14 by PlanetHonneywood

ZC has been here 5 minutes, and some are already being a bit, you know, typical...

Give the lad and all the other lads a f.....g chance! They're all new to this league and, in most cases, new to the country! They're probably living out of boxes, loved ones in transit, and may well suffer a bit of culture/ footy shock.

We can't afford off-the-shelf fixes and need to polish them up; so a bit of support really is effing vital.

I still don’t know what Celar is, but I’m getting clues of what he isn’t: not that quick, not a bully, not dominant in the air, not a back to goal linkman, not barking orders to his midfield. What I’ve got no data on is him in the box…finding space, losing markers, taking chances. Not losing faith yet, but I’d like to see more effort to use his strengths (whatever they may be).
Our starting centre forward this season on 21:22 - Aug 14 with 741 viewsstainrods_elbow

Zan's goal reel for 2023/24 - a nice variety of strikes! I don't think they've moved the goals since he arrived, have they? Hopefully, he'll be firing 'em in soon.

Our starting centre forward this season on 22:46 - Aug 14 with 670 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our starting centre forward this season on 18:21 - Aug 14 by baz_qpr

For those around in the 90's I'm getting strong Mike Sheron vibes, lets hope we find his strengths especially with the new signings and then play to them

We paid £2.75m for Sheron in 1997. If Celar just takes a dump on the Brammall Lane pitch and walks off never to be seen again he’ll be better value.
Our starting centre forward this season on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 662 viewsmart_Goblin

Our starting centre forward this season on 21:22 - Aug 14 by stainrods_elbow

Zan's goal reel for 2023/24 - a nice variety of strikes! I don't think they've moved the goals since he arrived, have they? Hopefully, he'll be firing 'em in soon.

Had zero support and zero service whilst adapting to a much more physical and frantic type of football .
He’s looked a little lost but with players in and around him I think he’ll be fine
Our starting centre forward this season on 00:22 - Aug 15 with 591 viewsstainrods_elbow

Our starting centre forward this season on 22:46 - Aug 14 by Watford_Ranger

We paid £2.75m for Sheron in 1997. If Celar just takes a dump on the Brammall Lane pitch and walks off never to be seen again he’ll be better value.

Actually, MS managed 19 goals for us in 60 odd games, so your historical revisionism is a bit askew, me old china. What we'd give for a striker with those stats right now! Some failure!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024