Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread 14:40 - Aug 6 with 45125 viewsMonkey_Roots

This could be my first and last.

Firstly, last season's lasting legacy will hopefully last long into Marti's first full season.

At long last, and for the first time in ages, there's more positivity sprinkled around, and as such, the first game of this season certainly feels a lot less doom-laden than the last first game of last season.

Lastly, I think Varane will get his first taste of the Championship in his first start, nabbing his first goal, and his first MOM award, in this his first game in England.

Long may it last.

1-1
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:01 - Aug 10 with 3452 viewsJimmyR

Ah the fabled long throw….
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 3407 viewsQPunkR

I see Paul Smyth hasn't been working on his final product over the summer

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 3391 views08olesen

Someone please sort the Coms out. Surely we had time to test over the summer!

Poll: Who will the other play off

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:06 - Aug 10 with 3202 viewsQPunkR

Busy trying to work out over the last half an hour whether Jimmy Dunne looks more or less likely to play for Brazil with his new hairdo

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:11 - Aug 10 with 3027 viewsDorse

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:02 - Aug 10 by 08olesen

Someone please sort the Coms out. Surely we had time to test over the summer!

Two bean tins and a length of string can't be that hard to find.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:13 - Aug 10 with 2967 viewsMatch82

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 12:59 - Aug 10 by FredManRave

If you want to be critical, Smyth should have stopped the cross, but it was a well taken header and nothing the keeper could do about it, although nice to at least see his feet leave the ground and he did get a hand to it.

Back to midtable obsucrity...

One of the two centre backs should have picked up that run too
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:13 - Aug 10 with 2954 viewsQPunkR

This ref is such a prick on the throw ins

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:14 - Aug 10 with 2924 viewsDorse

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:13 - Aug 10 by QPunkR

This ref is such a prick on the throw ins

Come on, be fair. It's not just throw ins.

Login to get fewer ads

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:15 - Aug 10 with 2890 viewsQPRKjetil

Where is the high pressure? We are at home in the first match and we should at them. This is boring and just the way they want it.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 2783 viewsQPunkR

Really good goal from us but this has been a turgid game of football, made even worse by the fkng comms

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:19 - Aug 10 with 2647 viewsKildarePete

No service for Celar - he's hardly touched the ball.
It's a pity that Smyth's final delivery is usually poor
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:20 - Aug 10 with 2609 viewsBoston

I wouldn't say turgid, not overly inspiring would be my go to comment. But, though West Brom have been the better side, they've produced very little.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:24 - Aug 10 with 2396 viewsFredManRave

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:06 - Aug 10 by QPunkR

Busy trying to work out over the last half an hour whether Jimmy Dunne looks more or less likely to play for Brazil with his new hairdo

Looks like he's more likely to play with Andrew Ridgeley.

Not a bad first half because it had a really great goal by us in it and other than thier, coulda, shoulda, been stopped (in a a perfect world where we never concede) we've looked ok defensively.

Need to start high tempo, pressing high up the field and remind the players there's a Cellar to be found in the area...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 2325 viewsnyhoops

Considering Chair is unavailable, not too bad. It may be in my head with the Nourry statements, but something a bit dry and corporate about the style from both sides so far (Albion shirts are awful). A bit stale. Lovely run by Andersen. Lovely to see Kolli involved so early, build up of confidence etc. Woke up at 7AM in New York to watch-- CBS broadcasting the matches in USA at the moment, bad commentary but good video, not enough audio from the ground, sounds like they are commentating in a vacuum. You Rs!!!
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 2322 viewsaston_hoop

Already feel that Dembele will be a huge improvement over Smyth. I think Paal has quietly had a really decent game despite his ropey pre-season. Winning the ball a lot

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 2308 viewsdavman

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:20 - Aug 10 by Boston

I wouldn't say turgid, not overly inspiring would be my go to comment. But, though West Brom have been the better side, they've produced very little.

Exactly how I see it from LU. Our goal came out of nowhere. Paal, Colback doing ok, the rest meh!

Mowatt (obvs) and Grant the best players on the pitch; aside from Smyth's running and despite Kolli's excellent cross, we are not looking dangerous going forward.

No Chair, no fun. Can't wait for the first "he holds on to it too long" or some other shite on this board when he gets back...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 2101 viewsJAPRANGERS

We are now 9th, 2 points off the playoff places!
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 2076 viewsOakR

West Brom look good I think, they've not created loads but they are getting better going forwards. I feel like they are easily controlling the midfield, I wonder if we will makea change there early on 2nd half.

Hard to judge Celar, he can'd do much out of possession and is getting nothing going forwards.

Defensively though we've been solid against a good side.

I'm nervous for the 2nd half - would definitely take a draw.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 2029 viewsKildarePete

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 by nyhoops

Considering Chair is unavailable, not too bad. It may be in my head with the Nourry statements, but something a bit dry and corporate about the style from both sides so far (Albion shirts are awful). A bit stale. Lovely run by Andersen. Lovely to see Kolli involved so early, build up of confidence etc. Woke up at 7AM in New York to watch-- CBS broadcasting the matches in USA at the moment, bad commentary but good video, not enough audio from the ground, sounds like they are commentating in a vacuum. You Rs!!!

The new EFL TV deal means that a ton of games are going to be covered this season by CBS Sports Network or on the Paramount streaming app.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 2018 viewsrbee

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 by aston_hoop

Already feel that Dembele will be a huge improvement over Smyth. I think Paal has quietly had a really decent game despite his ropey pre-season. Winning the ball a lot

Have never understood the negativity towards Paal.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 2013 viewsQPunkR

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 by davman

Exactly how I see it from LU. Our goal came out of nowhere. Paal, Colback doing ok, the rest meh!

Mowatt (obvs) and Grant the best players on the pitch; aside from Smyth's running and despite Kolli's excellent cross, we are not looking dangerous going forward.

No Chair, no fun. Can't wait for the first "he holds on to it too long" or some other shite on this board when he gets back...

Yep, this is a fever dream vision of QPR without Chair

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:33 - Aug 10 with 1997 viewsParkRoyalR

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 10 by davman

Be thankful he does, otherwise we would have had numerous bids over the years and he'd be long gone.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:39 - Aug 10 with 1727 viewsQPunkR

Fk me that was abysmal from both Paal and Dunne

QPR - "shit but local"

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:40 - Aug 10 with 1720 viewsaston_hoop

Any danger of one of our defenders picking up Maja?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 13:40 - Aug 10 with 1709 viewsDorse

Shitarsebugger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024