Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Southampton (A) 20:13 - Aug 25 with 46784 viewsaston_hoop

I don't usually start these so hopefully I'll bring the luck. I just saw this and will leave it here just in case you fancy it....

2-2 for me. High scoring game

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:09 - Aug 26 with 2627 viewsMatch82

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:09 - Aug 26 by Damo1962

The Communist Broadcasting Corporation reporter, managed to get his full time report in, without mentioning either our goal or performance. Defund them.

Southampton 2-1 Queens Park Rangers: Armstrong fires unbeaten Saints to win - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66552252

This one? Maybe it got edited but this feels pretty balanced to me, though they might want to do a tiny bit of diligence into the names, I don't remember LIAM Manning playing for either QPR or Southampton
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:11 - Aug 26 with 2614 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 18:50 - Aug 26 by nix

I think the problem with him is he can't rely on him to track back or try and win the ball back. We can't carry those kind of players at the moment. We need our midfield and even our forwards to help our defence. Today, even Armstrong and Chair were quite involved in helping out in defence. It was why Andre Gray never worked even though he scored a reasonable number of goals.

He would still offer something when we're chasing the game, though.
Well, theoretically........
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 2584 viewsFDC

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 18:50 - Aug 26 by nix

I think the problem with him is he can't rely on him to track back or try and win the ball back. We can't carry those kind of players at the moment. We need our midfield and even our forwards to help our defence. Today, even Armstrong and Chair were quite involved in helping out in defence. It was why Andre Gray never worked even though he scored a reasonable number of goals.

You're probably right about Richards not suiting the way the team is being asked to play. And it begs the question, with Ainsworth being appointed in February and Richards signing a three year deal in May... what on earth were the club thinking.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:28 - Aug 26 with 2520 viewsnix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:14 - Aug 26 by FDC

You're probably right about Richards not suiting the way the team is being asked to play. And it begs the question, with Ainsworth being appointed in February and Richards signing a three year deal in May... what on earth were the club thinking.

We were already committed as far as I know to sign Richards provided we didn't get relegated last season. I don't think there's a chance in hell it would have happened otherwise.

I can see the rationale for getting him in the first place - he looked in the early days like he could be a good replacement for Willock. But for whatever reason, whether it's the emotional issues still or he's just a lazy ar*se, it's not really not working out for him atm. I wonder whether enough due dilligence was done on him tbh.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:29 - Aug 26 with 2507 viewsMatch82

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:28 - Aug 26 by nix

We were already committed as far as I know to sign Richards provided we didn't get relegated last season. I don't think there's a chance in hell it would have happened otherwise.

I can see the rationale for getting him in the first place - he looked in the early days like he could be a good replacement for Willock. But for whatever reason, whether it's the emotional issues still or he's just a lazy ar*se, it's not really not working out for him atm. I wonder whether enough due dilligence was done on him tbh.

I would imagine we also naively factored "he's a QPR fan" onto the conversation around what his attitude would be like when he got here
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:32 - Aug 26 with 2466 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:58 - Aug 26 by ManinBlack

Indeed. It was all about Southampton and how they deserved to win. No mention of us at all. I assume he based his case on 75% Southampton possession instead of looking at the number of shots we had both on and off target which was more than the Saints managed.

Unfortunately the awful Cardiff are now above us. My concern is if you keep losing when playing well that eventually you lose belief and form and still lose making it the perfect recipe for relegation. Right now I can't see us scoring enough to stay up or keep any clean sheets. A situation not helped when these refs always favour teams at the top over those at the bottom as today demonstrated.

That's it in a nut-shell. All the planets are going to have to align for us to have any hope avoiding a relegation battle. You don't win many games if you don't score enough... that's for sure.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:34 - Aug 26 with 2458 viewsWatford_Ranger

Coulda woulda shoulda

Loads of chances but nobody you’d fancy to put one away. Kolli at the end was a bit of a lost boy unfortunately. Loads of positives but positives don’t keep us in the league.

Refereeing was horrendous. If he’s a newbie then he just wanted to get in and out with as little hassle as possible. Manning’s elbow on Smyth looked rather deliberate.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:36 - Aug 26 with 2454 viewsnix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:29 - Aug 26 by Match82

I would imagine we also naively factored "he's a QPR fan" onto the conversation around what his attitude would be like when he got here

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that. I'm not sure that's working out for him
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:40 - Aug 26 with 2440 viewsnix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:11 - Aug 26 by distortR

He would still offer something when we're chasing the game, though.
Well, theoretically........

Yes he might. Maybe they're also working on his all round play to make him more effective. There's absolutely no doubt Armstrong has improved massively since last season.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 20:57 - Aug 26 with 2220 viewsted_hendrix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 16:49 - Aug 26 by SK_hoops

Young for Swindon has scored 4 goals today. Quick, sign him!

He's good

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:17 - Aug 26 with 2164 viewsCamberleyR

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:26 - Aug 26 by BushRanger82

We’re racking up the number of defeats again. And at least we only conceded two, but scored one.

We really do need to get all three points against Middlesbrough next week, though.
Depleted and beleaguered, confidence at an all time low, they are there for the taking.

I think if we do beat them, Middlesbrough will sack Carrick.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:33 - Aug 26 with 2079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:40 - Aug 26 by nix

Yes he might. Maybe they're also working on his all round play to make him more effective. There's absolutely no doubt Armstrong has improved massively since last season.

I think he was showing plenty of improvement back end of last season. I saw a few games where i was quite excited by what i saw compared to this time last year. I think it’s been much more gradual than current perception, but well done to him and the coaching staff!

Bare bones.

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:50 - Aug 26 with 2032 viewsManinBlack

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:17 - Aug 26 by CamberleyR

I think if we do beat them, Middlesbrough will sack Carrick.

Possibly but no doubt we will have another useless ref who will be a homer giving them all the decisions in a bid for Boro to get their first win, that and our charitable status to assist other teams/players bad runs.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:52 - Aug 26 with 2026 viewsMrNITK

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:44 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Trying to think who we're waiting to come back to fill out the bench a bit...

Willock
Dunne
Dykes

That's it, isn't it?

Bloody hell.

Must be only me then. Take the starting 11 today and:

Willock
Dunne
Dykes
Clarke-Salter
Duke-McKenna
Larkeche
Kolli

Obviously a few sick notes there but don’t think that’s too bad. Not automatic promotion but certainly not relegation candidates.
I’m actually quite optimistic after today.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:53 - Aug 26 with 2024 viewsManinBlack

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:09 - Aug 26 by Match82

Southampton 2-1 Queens Park Rangers: Armstrong fires unbeaten Saints to win - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66552252

This one? Maybe it got edited but this feels pretty balanced to me, though they might want to do a tiny bit of diligence into the names, I don't remember LIAM Manning playing for either QPR or Southampton

No this isn't what we were referring too. It was the reporter commentating on the Final Score programme at the final Whistle. What was written later came after we fed back the comments made on live TV.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 21:54]
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 07:20 - Aug 27 with 1613 viewsWatford_Ranger

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 21:52 - Aug 26 by MrNITK

Must be only me then. Take the starting 11 today and:

Willock
Dunne
Dykes
Clarke-Salter
Duke-McKenna
Larkeche
Kolli

Obviously a few sick notes there but don’t think that’s too bad. Not automatic promotion but certainly not relegation candidates.
I’m actually quite optimistic after today.

I am too but Duke and Kolli are still some way off it going by yesterday. In normal circumstances we’d be loaning out Kolli and probably releasing/giving away Duke. I am mildly optimistic both will come good or at least Kolli will but we can’t be relying on him. It would be a nice bonus if he can contribute.

Not expecting to see much of JCS or Willock for different reasons. Larkeche I’ve no idea if any good or not- looked ok in the league cup but again it’s more hope than expectation.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the defence. Begovic had a mare with the first goal but should be fine. Field if he stays is great, Colback will hopefully be capable of most games but Dozzell was again anonymous. Chair yep. Sinclair might be brilliant but if we can get 30 games out of him we’ve had a result.

But also most teams won’t be as good as Southampton and they weren’t all that.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:06 - Aug 27 with 1514 viewsdmm

Let's be fair about Dozzell. He wasn't great but he is improving in the tackle and with his physicality. His 80% successful pass rate wasn't too shabby either. If we play two CMs he won't start but if he maintains this form he's going to be a useful covering player.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:24 - Aug 27 with 1465 viewsnix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:06 - Aug 27 by dmm

Let's be fair about Dozzell. He wasn't great but he is improving in the tackle and with his physicality. His 80% successful pass rate wasn't too shabby either. If we play two CMs he won't start but if he maintains this form he's going to be a useful covering player.

There's definitely something there. He's shown it in the past a bit when the snake got him playing for a couple of matches. I think there are definitely signs that coaching is improving our players: certainly Armstrong, Kakay and Dozzell. Not world beaters but definite signs of progress.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 08:30 - Aug 27 with 1451 viewsQPROslo

Dozzell seems to improve with every game this season. Good defensively and going forward today with for example, both his long pass in behind them for Armstrong to get onto, and his run into their area and pass to Chair in space close in, who really should have scored from there.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 09:17 - Aug 27 with 1368 viewsBurnleyhoop

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:44 - Aug 26 by Antti_Heinola

Trying to think who we're waiting to come back to fill out the bench a bit...

Willock
Dunne
Dykes

That's it, isn't it?

Bloody hell.

Don’t forget the last of Beale’s babes, the signing of the century, the lesser spotted Taylor Richards !!
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:08 - Aug 27 with 1266 viewsWatford_Ranger

I may be missing something but I just don’t see it with him at all.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:16 - Aug 27 with 1248 viewsRangersw12

Any reason given why Willock wasn't in the squad ? Injured or dropped ?
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 1237 viewsDejR_vu

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 19:29 - Aug 26 by Match82

He’s looking like another one to be thrown on the ‘cr&p recruitment’ pile. Shame, he clearly has talent but there’s obviously something wrong, and has been since he arrived.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 12:02 - Aug 27 with 1122 viewsnix

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 10:16 - Aug 27 by Rangersw12

Any reason given why Willock wasn't in the squad ? Injured or dropped ?

Nick London said his hamstring had felt a bit tight in training.
Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 13:01 - Aug 27 with 1056 viewsconnell10

Match Thread - Southampton (A) on 17:53 - Aug 26 by Benny_the_Ball

Richards is another one though I concede that the phrase "waiting to come back" suggests that a player was involved previously.

His case bemuses me. He's our player, he's not injured (as far as I'm aware), but he doesn't even make the bench. What's going on there?

He ain't got the bollocks for a fight.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024