Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When it’s your day – Report 22:09 - Aug 20 with 8086 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60683
When it’s your day – Report on 12:43 - Aug 21 with 1755 viewsSuperhoop83

When it’s your day – Report on 09:48 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Cheers guys appreciate the kind comments.

It's waaaay OTT and needs cutting back A LOT but I was sick of it last night and just thought publish it and forget about it. Of course I'm miserable about it this morning, but that's ok because if it wasn't that I'd find something else to be miserable about instead.

Onto the next.

There is no need to beat yourself up about it - if that shot had gone in it would have made headlines everywhere.

Suffering since 1978.

When it’s your day – Report on 13:53 - Aug 21 with 1608 viewsQPR_Hibs

" (We) entered Wes Burns into this year's Most Unmarked Man contest..."

Brilliant Clive - I couldn't believe how much space he had at the time. I expect there'll be a few more entries in the coming weeks.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

When it’s your day – Report on 14:14 - Aug 21 with 1572 viewstoboboly

When it’s your day – Report on 09:40 - Aug 21 by Antti_Heinola

Great stuff thanks Clive.

I was waitiong for the tube after the game and a few Ipswich fans were singing Luongo's name, and a QPR fan near me scoffed, saying he was rubbish for us and anonymous today. Says a lot, I think. Luongo wasn't and isn't a world beater, but he'd walk into our team.

I couldn't believe Ossie missed that chance, but I have to say, on watching the replays, it canons off a defender onto him. I thought he'd just stuck it wide off the cross, but in this case, I think comparisons with Hugill are (just) a little bit unfair.

I think two little moves involving Dix-Bon down underneath us showed some real promise as well. Great feet, couple of good crosses, signs of driving at the oppo.

Absolutely love Kolli's attitude. Hope we get to see more of him.

Gotta say that I thought Luongo was anonymous for the first hour and only saw him start to do anything once we had subbed everyone and were on our collective arses.

I also thought that the reason he went to Wednesday was because he wanted far more money than we could afford?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

When it’s your day – Report on 15:23 - Aug 21 with 1448 viewsWatford_Ranger

When it’s your day – Report on 14:14 - Aug 21 by toboboly

Gotta say that I thought Luongo was anonymous for the first hour and only saw him start to do anything once we had subbed everyone and were on our collective arses.

I also thought that the reason he went to Wednesday was because he wanted far more money than we could afford?

Possibly but quite a large % of the fanbase weren’t disappointed to see him go. Thought he was an unspectacular but decent worker and we’d be better with him in the side alongside Field.
When it’s your day – Report on 15:40 - Aug 21 with 1419 viewstoboboly

When it’s your day – Report on 15:23 - Aug 21 by Watford_Ranger

Possibly but quite a large % of the fanbase weren’t disappointed to see him go. Thought he was an unspectacular but decent worker and we’d be better with him in the side alongside Field.

I'm probably more towards him underachieving with us, had a quick look at his stats after us and he seems to have been injured quite a bit and spent half a season with Middlesbrough not even getting on their bench.

I think him buggering off to sit on Oz's bench and then being unavailable for lots of games went against him.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=62453

When it’s your day – Report on 16:33 - Aug 21 with 1323 viewsterryb

"I also thought that the reason he went to Wednesday was because he wanted far more money than we could afford?"

If memory serves me correctly (it often doesn't!) Luongo wasn't offered a new contract as the club would be offering a lower salary. Maybe not, but he might have accepted an offer!

The same happened for many a player, including Onouha & Robinson.
When it’s your day – Report on 19:30 - Aug 21 with 1175 viewsSteveB

Brilliant work, as always. Thanks Clive.
When it’s your day – Report on 00:59 - Aug 22 with 983 viewsCiderwithRsie

Echothe praise for the writing - we're lucky too have you - but also a shout-out for Iasn Randall. A specially fine set of photos this week, I thought.

Also: I never thought we should shave sold Dom Ball and I wish bloody Ipswich would at last play him. I don't like to snipe but bloody hell to let a guy go for peanuts who never let us down sticks in my craw.
Login to get fewer ads

When it’s your day – Report on 04:01 - Aug 22 with 952 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Agree but Luongo still offers more than Dozzell. In the pursuit of better, we've ended up with worse. Meanwhile, Ipswich have come on leaps and bounds since Andre left.
When it’s your day – Report on 04:03 - Aug 22 with 950 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Excellent report, I enjoyed it immensely. Feeling the same strange sense of guarded positivity that this team, once fit and firing, can eventually prove a few people wrong (provided defeats do not erode confidence in the meantime).
When it’s your day – Report on 05:45 - Aug 22 with 938 viewsQPROslo

Didn't think Luongo was "anonymous". He stood out for me for his non-stop tackling, mostly fouling and shirt pulling which gave him a very well merited yellow card quite early on. He cuf down the fouling after that but I still thought he was solid for them the whole game on and off the ball. But then I always thought him a good player for us. We missed him when and after he'd been off with Australia.
When it’s your day – Report on 07:41 - Aug 22 with 880 viewstoboboly

When it’s your day – Report on 04:01 - Aug 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Agree but Luongo still offers more than Dozzell. In the pursuit of better, we've ended up with worse. Meanwhile, Ipswich have come on leaps and bounds since Andre left.

Absolutely, but then I think me and you would offer more than Dozzell

When it’s your day – Report on 10:04 - Aug 22 with 769 viewsBlue_Castello

When it’s your day – Report on 11:27 - Aug 21 by Blue_Castello

Excellent one of your best, I think the majority of us came away from the ground thinking what an improvement on last season, I genuinely think if he had been able to keep Willock, Sinclair and Field on for longer we could have won, the obvious big issue at the moment is the fitness, once that can be improved and a couple of additions to the bench, we have a real chance to at least compete in every game.

Totally agree about the Ipswich squad, I've got an interest because we have family up there and have heard all about their progress, Morsy, Chaplin and Burns I think we're Paul Cook signings but Cook wasn't getting anywhere with his style so they went for the young unproven quantity in McKenna, not unlike us going for the Pot Bellied Snake, they struck lucky we didn't.
McKenna has done a fantastic job, given them a style and identity, gradually brought in his own signings Broadhead from Everton, Hirst from Leicester, amazed they let him go for £1.5 million, that's the same price we paid for Washington, Luongo was a free agent in January if I remember correctly, always rated him and McKenna is a good judge of a player.
The defence has become quite a strong unit with players from the Academy or players they have picked up with some smart transfer dealings, after watching them again on Saturday I don't think there anything special BUT it's the teamwork and the way McKenna has them working for each other that's getting the results, I'm secretly hoping for the reality check which must be around the corner waiting for them.

What I typed about the Ipswich squad makes it sound like that every transfer was a success and they picked all the right players, well that's not the case they spent 4 seasons in League One rebuilding, buying a variety of players some who are still in the team now, others discarded.
The bench they had on Saturday contained players who they bought as first choice in League one and are now giving them some strength in depth, the benefit of going down and rebuilding maybe.

Transfers are tricky you need the right people doing the recruitment and what is evident is that since McKenna arrived he has a great eye for potential or exiting talent and how they can fit into his squad, the other thing about his squad is that they are very athletic and fit which sees them through to the end of games.

All that said I think they are very beatable, they are riding the crest of a wave at the moment with amazing team spirit, let's see how they cope after a couple of defeats.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 22:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024