Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PBBC 18:31 - Apr 23 with 37085 viewsflynnbo

"...never felt more like singing the blues when Rangers win and Rangers lose...!
PBBC on 21:06 - Sep 3 with 4436 viewsBrianWilson

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PBBC on 21:12 - Sep 3 with 4337 viewsHayesender

PBBC on 21:06 - Sep 3 by BrianWilson

Twitter should come with subtitles

Poll: Shamima Beghum

PBBC on 21:15 - Sep 3 with 4338 viewskernowhoop

Those Rangers fans are a bit grumpy, aren't they?
PBBC on 21:36 - Sep 3 with 4209 viewsBoston

Apologies, didn't realize the twitter / x thingy was the same.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:39]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

PBBC on 23:18 - Sep 3 with 3900 viewsRs_Holy

PBBC on 21:36 - Sep 3 by Boston

Apologies, didn't realize the twitter / x thingy was the same.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:39]

loving Derek 0:35 had me in stitches... comedy gold
PBBC on 23:27 - Sep 3 with 3860 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PBBC on 23:18 - Sep 3 by Rs_Holy

loving Derek 0:35 had me in stitches... comedy gold

How exactly does Hartson, a Welshman who played in England for his entire career, bar a few years, have a Glasgow accent?

Nooooo?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 23:27]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

PBBC on 02:03 - Sep 4 with 3699 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 13:02 - Sep 3 by ManinBlack

Another lousy VAR decision though with Rangers disallowed goal. The game is so soft these days. Poncing about with the ball getting his legs in a tangle kicking himself and falling over and saved by VAR. All this nonsense about wanting to see more goals while constantly chalking off goals for hairline incidents.

I didn't see it at the time as was following BBC text updates, but the majority view even among Celtic fans commenting online at the time was that it was a harsh decision.

I have now watched it several times and think it was the right decision. Defender certainly made an arse of the situation (he wouldn't normally be playing, both Celtic first choice CBs were out injured), but he turns away from the Rangers player who catches him and bundles him over before taking possession. For me it is a foul. A big moment as if they score first maybe its a different outcome.

Beale certainly can't afford too many poor results. Already lost two league games and been embarrassed by PSV.
PBBC on 09:59 - Sep 4 with 3420 viewsRs_Holy

loving the fact that we have 2 anti-Beale threads going ... (although Clive may step in at some point) ... Watched the game yesterday and it looked like 2 teams low on confidence... Masssive pressure on Michael now ... away to St Johnstone next then they play Betis (managed by Manuel Pellegrini) in the also rans Euro Cup thang!
Login to get fewer ads

PBBC on 12:57 - Sep 4 with 3299 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

PBBC on 02:03 - Sep 4 by SydneyRs

I didn't see it at the time as was following BBC text updates, but the majority view even among Celtic fans commenting online at the time was that it was a harsh decision.

I have now watched it several times and think it was the right decision. Defender certainly made an arse of the situation (he wouldn't normally be playing, both Celtic first choice CBs were out injured), but he turns away from the Rangers player who catches him and bundles him over before taking possession. For me it is a foul. A big moment as if they score first maybe its a different outcome.

Beale certainly can't afford too many poor results. Already lost two league games and been embarrassed by PSV.

Clear and obvious foul for me. The guy kicked the defenders foot which tripped him up, then robbed the ball. It was terrible, bumbling defending but still an obvious foul. If the roles were reversed and it were in the penalty area it's a penalty 100 times out of 100.
PBBC on 13:27 - Sep 4 with 3166 viewsLandshark

I personally feel it's a harsh foul. The defender dithered on the ball and then the Rangers player got his foot in front of the Celtic defender resulting in the Celtic player kicking the Rangers player when finally attempting to kick the ball. That's how the Celtic player ended up on the deck.
PBBC on 13:31 - Sep 4 with 3143 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Celtic player had possession, the Rangers player took the ball whilst touching the man and without touching the ball. That’s pretty much the definition of a foul.

Clearly it’s a subjective one. I loved watching the game and misery being inflicted upon PBBC. I really am going to find it very funny when he’s sacked.
PBBC on 14:15 - Sep 4 with 3054 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 13:31 - Sep 4 by Padulas_Shampoo

Celtic player had possession, the Rangers player took the ball whilst touching the man and without touching the ball. That’s pretty much the definition of a foul.

Clearly it’s a subjective one. I loved watching the game and misery being inflicted upon PBBC. I really am going to find it very funny when he’s sacked.

100% a foul. Shit, clumsy defending yes, but he turned away to shield the ball and was caught by the Rangers player who also had a hand on his back and got none of the ball.

Far more of a foul than a lot of the hairline offsides and silly handball penalties you see all the time.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 2:34]
PBBC on 14:39 - Sep 4 with 3011 viewsManinBlack

Kind of proves my point. The VAR decision is made by someone away from the pitch giving his opinion. Problem with that is as seen on here, people saw it as a foul and others like me didn't. In which case the referee's initial opinion of play on no foul should stand. He did not make a clear and obvious mistake allowing play to continue. It is another example of the game going soft where tackles are concerned. It was as innocuous as the ball brushing someone's fingers in the box and a soft penalty being given by someone in VAR.
PBBC on 14:44 - Sep 4 with 3002 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

PBBC on 14:39 - Sep 4 by ManinBlack

Kind of proves my point. The VAR decision is made by someone away from the pitch giving his opinion. Problem with that is as seen on here, people saw it as a foul and others like me didn't. In which case the referee's initial opinion of play on no foul should stand. He did not make a clear and obvious mistake allowing play to continue. It is another example of the game going soft where tackles are concerned. It was as innocuous as the ball brushing someone's fingers in the box and a soft penalty being given by someone in VAR.

Surely you have to make contact with the ball for it to be construed a tackle? He didn't.
PBBC on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 2945 viewsLandshark

PBBC on 14:15 - Sep 4 by SydneyRs

100% a foul. Shit, clumsy defending yes, but he turned away to shield the ball and was caught by the Rangers player who also had a hand on his back and got none of the ball.

Far more of a foul than a lot of the hairline offsides and silly handball penalties you see all the time.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 2:34]

Watching the video from VAR, the hand was lightly on his back, not really a push or anything. And as you see below the Celtic player kicked the Rangers player. He's a very lucky boy that VAR deemed it a clear and obvious error.

PBBC on 15:20 - Sep 4 with 2889 viewsParkRoyalR

PBBC on 14:44 - Sep 4 by Padulas_Shampoo

Surely you have to make contact with the ball for it to be construed a tackle? He didn't.

The reason it was given as a foul, which apparently was the correct, was the Celtic player was in the process of kicking the ball as had lifted his leg to strike the ball (backswing motion so to speak) when the Rangers player planted his foot in front of his leg to prevent him completing the pass, so correctly deemed a foul.

If the Celtic player had'nt lifted his left leg to play the ball it would'nt have been a foul.

Learned this yesterday, and Beale and Ranger Board deliberately using this to take the pressure off them, even though they benefit from the exact same scenario recently.

Beale is under serious pressure now and his post-match commentaries will grate the fans even more.
PBBC on 15:27 - Sep 4 with 2861 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

PBBC on 15:10 - Sep 4 by Landshark

Watching the video from VAR, the hand was lightly on his back, not really a push or anything. And as you see below the Celtic player kicked the Rangers player. He's a very lucky boy that VAR deemed it a clear and obvious error.

How anyone could look at that still - clearly showing the Celtic player in possession and clearly showing the Rangers player's foot tripping him - and not think it's an obvious foul is beyond me!
PBBC on 15:41 - Sep 4 with 2814 viewsManinBlack

PBBC on 15:27 - Sep 4 by Padulas_Shampoo

How anyone could look at that still - clearly showing the Celtic player in possession and clearly showing the Rangers player's foot tripping him - and not think it's an obvious foul is beyond me!

Players deliberately put their legs across opponents so it looks like a foul with the inevitable contact. A lot of penalties are won that way. I suspect that is why VAR didn't think Arsenal should have had a penalty yesterday with Havertz. The picture suggests the Rangers player is focused on the ball and is not sticking his leg out to trip him up. The pic looks more like the Celtic player is looking for the foul as he knows he has been caught out dallying. It is a 50/50 call and on another day the man in VAR may have had a different opinion in thinking the Celtic player was looking for the foul and the goal would have stood.

If great goalscorers of the past had VAR they would have lost a third of their goals and our 67 Wembley winner would have been chalked off.
PBBC on 16:07 - Sep 4 with 2724 viewsToast_R

PBBC on 21:06 - Sep 3 by BrianWilson

That was actually very amusing, I find it hilarious how people can get so irate over football to be honest. I get the Old Firm rivalry and losing cuts deep but man, that guy is a black pudding away from a full on coronary.
PBBC on 02:32 - Sep 5 with 2413 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 15:41 - Sep 4 by ManinBlack

Players deliberately put their legs across opponents so it looks like a foul with the inevitable contact. A lot of penalties are won that way. I suspect that is why VAR didn't think Arsenal should have had a penalty yesterday with Havertz. The picture suggests the Rangers player is focused on the ball and is not sticking his leg out to trip him up. The pic looks more like the Celtic player is looking for the foul as he knows he has been caught out dallying. It is a 50/50 call and on another day the man in VAR may have had a different opinion in thinking the Celtic player was looking for the foul and the goal would have stood.

If great goalscorers of the past had VAR they would have lost a third of their goals and our 67 Wembley winner would have been chalked off.

Rangers player is going for the ball but importantly he doesn't get any of it, he gets the man and also has a hand on his back. Rangers were recently given a penalty for an almost identical incident and half their team appealed for that one.

The defender makes an arse of the situation (he would never have played if others were fit), but he turns away trying to shield the ball and is bundled over. There's no way he's deliberately trying to make contact by putting his leg across, he's trying to play the ball and recover his mistake. He'd need to be looking at the other player for it to be deliberate and he is not.

Even most of the Rangers fans online are not using this as an excuse for losing the game.
PBBC on 02:36 - Sep 5 with 2410 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 15:10 - Sep 4 by Landshark

I'll agree he's lucky, however he doesn't "kick" the Rangers player. He's clearly trying to play the ball which is where his eyes are focused. The Rangers player catches his leg as he's trying to do that.
PBBC on 02:40 - Sep 5 with 2407 viewsSydneyRs

PBBC on 15:27 - Sep 4 by Padulas_Shampoo

Agreed, not really the best photo to use if you are on the no foul side of the argument!
PBBC on 08:52 - Sep 5 with 2191 viewshubble

PBBC on 23:27 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

How exactly does Hartson, a Welshman who played in England for his entire career, bar a few years, have a Glasgow accent?

Nooooo?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 23:27]

Errmm... he doesn't have a Glasgow accent, Brian. And he played for Celtic.

Are you confusing him with someone else??

Edit: I'm sure you said he'd only played in England when I posted this!
Maybe you edited it after I posted... either way, he definitely does not have a Glasgie accent!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 9:51]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

PBBC on 14:10 - Sep 5 with 2009 viewsSydneyRs

Lols

PBBC on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 1937 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PBBC on 08:52 - Sep 5 by hubble

Errmm... he doesn't have a Glasgow accent, Brian. And he played for Celtic.

Are you confusing him with someone else??

Edit: I'm sure you said he'd only played in England when I posted this!
Maybe you edited it after I posted... either way, he definitely does not have a Glasgie accent!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 9:51]

No, I knew he played for Celtic. Thought I heard him lapsing into the local accent there. Never mind.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024