Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... 15:11 - Apr 23 with 5222 viewsSTID2017

OHL would be moaning about how they should have scored more ...
Dr P would be saying well done !! However ... this is where you are going wrong (with accompanying charts and arrows )

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 17:06 - Apr 24 with 1579 viewsSTID2017

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 16:26 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

If we are doing well in the league then I’m sure I’ll be okay with it somehow.

At the moment we are underachieving in the league yet I have to pretend I’m happy with the last 2 years because we have had a decent month at the end of the season.

Doesn’t really work like that squire.

You will be " Okay with it somehow"
Sums you up to a tee squire.
Most of us will be delighted if we finish top 6 or even more so if we "Do a Burnley"
Not expecting it after the recent revelations about the forthcoming transfer window, where your beloved owners will again scupper Martin

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 17:28 - Apr 24 with 1542 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 17:06 - Apr 24 by STID2017

You will be " Okay with it somehow"
Sums you up to a tee squire.
Most of us will be delighted if we finish top 6 or even more so if we "Do a Burnley"
Not expecting it after the recent revelations about the forthcoming transfer window, where your beloved owners will again scupper Martin

It sums me up that I will be happy when we are actually doing well, and unhappy when underachieving?

Yes, yes it does.

There has been no revelations just Martin getting excuses in early and Stuart James doing what Stuart James does. I know this for a fact.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:54 - Apr 24 with 1519 viewsSTID2017

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 17:28 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

It sums me up that I will be happy when we are actually doing well, and unhappy when underachieving?

Yes, yes it does.

There has been no revelations just Martin getting excuses in early and Stuart James doing what Stuart James does. I know this for a fact.

So you know better than Keith and co ?
Righto

Your claims to be ITK have already proven to be farcical

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:12 - Apr 24 with 1499 viewsKeithHaynes

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 17:28 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes, yes it does.

Personally I would never divulge any sources, but they are not the only ones. And Stu James is definitely not one. So …

Hence last nights article.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:13 - Apr 24 with 1463 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:54 - Apr 24 by STID2017

So you know better than Keith and co ?
Righto

Your claims to be ITK have already proven to be farcical

No idea what others know.

But yes, I know better than most when it comes to this sort of thing, my contacts couldn’t be more reliable as I’ve shown time and time again.

Which stuff was proven to be farcical? Or is this you lying again?

I think I’ve got everything 100% spot on, always, when it comes to this. Show me something I haven’t.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:18 - Apr 24 with 1469 viewsKeithHaynes

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:13 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

No idea what others know.

But yes, I know better than most when it comes to this sort of thing, my contacts couldn’t be more reliable as I’ve shown time and time again.

Which stuff was proven to be farcical? Or is this you lying again?

I think I’ve got everything 100% spot on, always, when it comes to this. Show me something I haven’t.

I don’t disagree, but without some form of proof people will doubt you.
And of course the type of proof you need is non disclosable.

We’ve had a few people doubt some of the reports that have been on here. Then when proven right they say we weren’t right 😉

You will never win when it comes to future proof.

Ever.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:25 - Apr 24 with 1431 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:18 - Apr 24 by KeithHaynes

I don’t disagree, but without some form of proof people will doubt you.
And of course the type of proof you need is non disclosable.

We’ve had a few people doubt some of the reports that have been on here. Then when proven right they say we weren’t right 😉

You will never win when it comes to future proof.

Ever.

People doubting is all part of the process, daps and Co do it all the time to me. I find it amusing.

The key is to just be correct.

I knew instantly that he was lying when he said the investor and MM were in the box together, despite me being thousands of miles away. I knew that because I knew where both were… and as you know - I knew that because of the calibre of contact I have.

He ended up having to admit he made it up.

But people will always attempt to do as you describe sadly, part and parcel of knowing things.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:05 - Apr 25 with 1406 viewspete

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 23:25 - Apr 24 by Dr_Parnassus

People doubting is all part of the process, daps and Co do it all the time to me. I find it amusing.

The key is to just be correct.

I knew instantly that he was lying when he said the investor and MM were in the box together, despite me being thousands of miles away. I knew that because I knew where both were… and as you know - I knew that because of the calibre of contact I have.

He ended up having to admit he made it up.

But people will always attempt to do as you describe sadly, part and parcel of knowing things.

Good morning Dr P with the calibre of contact you have can you shed any light on any new investment if any , and is it a preamble for a possible take over? thanks in advance
Login to get fewer ads

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:23 - Apr 25 with 1308 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:05 - Apr 25 by pete

Good morning Dr P with the calibre of contact you have can you shed any light on any new investment if any , and is it a preamble for a possible take over? thanks in advance

Not a takeover at all.

New investors coming on board, it’s all extremely good for the club. I will leave names out of it for obvious reasons, but once it’s all tied up and sorted the club will announce. This is the benefit of these owners that Jenkins stated when he sold and made the next level comment which people have taken out of context for half a decade now.

We should be very positive about what is to come, hence my disappointment in Russ’ interview that has brought yet more unneeded negativity, and unwarranted negativity at that.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 08:07 - Apr 26 with 1261 viewspete

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:23 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Not a takeover at all.

New investors coming on board, it’s all extremely good for the club. I will leave names out of it for obvious reasons, but once it’s all tied up and sorted the club will announce. This is the benefit of these owners that Jenkins stated when he sold and made the next level comment which people have taken out of context for half a decade now.

We should be very positive about what is to come, hence my disappointment in Russ’ interview that has brought yet more unneeded negativity, and unwarranted negativity at that.

thanks for the reply Dr P, great to hear about new investors sooner the better time will tell, but bid them welcome
Like you am a bit positive about what is to come, but i for 1 can understand Mr Martins bit of negaaivity as going on past promises things were changed and, and we may dissagree on this but the goal posts were moved many times, Unfortunatly the owners ( but it must be the larger share holders) seem to have given promises then as i say moved the posts
I for 1 want Swansea city fc to do well be a club that moves forwards and hopefully upwards but we need people who "know the game" and whilst they are the paymasters who make the final say in most things why bother employing a staff that does its job fairly well sorts things out assumidly within agreed budgets only for them to be vetoed by the larger share holders? seems a waste of money when you think of the time the guys take to find , talk to players and club reps dont you think ?
anyway whist we may dissagree on some things its good to talk without insults and get others opinions
If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 16:20 - Apr 26 with 1198 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 08:07 - Apr 26 by pete

thanks for the reply Dr P, great to hear about new investors sooner the better time will tell, but bid them welcome
Like you am a bit positive about what is to come, but i for 1 can understand Mr Martins bit of negaaivity as going on past promises things were changed and, and we may dissagree on this but the goal posts were moved many times, Unfortunatly the owners ( but it must be the larger share holders) seem to have given promises then as i say moved the posts
I for 1 want Swansea city fc to do well be a club that moves forwards and hopefully upwards but we need people who "know the game" and whilst they are the paymasters who make the final say in most things why bother employing a staff that does its job fairly well sorts things out assumidly within agreed budgets only for them to be vetoed by the larger share holders? seems a waste of money when you think of the time the guys take to find , talk to players and club reps dont you think ?
anyway whist we may dissagree on some things its good to talk without insults and get others opinions

No goalposts have been moved, it’s simply Stuart James stirring as he usually does when it comes to the owners. It’s also a massive misconception that Levien calls the shots, he doesn’t. It’s a committee.

Investments in football clubs take time to conclude and finalise and the landscape can’t be predicted accurately. So while Russell Martin is causing a whole load of issues to that process by causing so much unrest, it doesn’t help expedite the process.

Russell has a deep rooted fear of culpability. He’s okay with retrospective culpability when things are going okay again and he feels safe, but he hates taking heat in the middle of a crisis and looks to put things in place long before too, just incase. This self preservation attitude we have seen countless times and it harms the club.

The investment will come and there will be money to spend, but he won’t be dictating when it comes via pressure in the media. His duties go beyond just managing the football on the pitch, he also has a duty to manage the press and keep negativity away from the club - he’s failing on that front spectacularly, and completely needlessly too.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 16:50 - Apr 26 with 1196 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 16:20 - Apr 26 by Dr_Parnassus

No goalposts have been moved, it’s simply Stuart James stirring as he usually does when it comes to the owners. It’s also a massive misconception that Levien calls the shots, he doesn’t. It’s a committee.

Investments in football clubs take time to conclude and finalise and the landscape can’t be predicted accurately. So while Russell Martin is causing a whole load of issues to that process by causing so much unrest, it doesn’t help expedite the process.

Russell has a deep rooted fear of culpability. He’s okay with retrospective culpability when things are going okay again and he feels safe, but he hates taking heat in the middle of a crisis and looks to put things in place long before too, just incase. This self preservation attitude we have seen countless times and it harms the club.

The investment will come and there will be money to spend, but he won’t be dictating when it comes via pressure in the media. His duties go beyond just managing the football on the pitch, he also has a duty to manage the press and keep negativity away from the club - he’s failing on that front spectacularly, and completely needlessly too.

Have to say ,without appearing a brown noser ,that is exactly what makes me feel as Io.
I feel he is the very worst type of coach for us in that he is seeing himself as pre eminent ,proven by his grotesque proper club quip.
We don’t have nor will have the players to play as he dreams
We are in danger of him being a God figure to a some fans who will age gutted when he leaves ,as he will.

We have had good chances to get back to the Prem and we have had two coaches fail quite clearly

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 21:00 - Apr 26 with 1141 viewsKeithHaynes

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 16:50 - Apr 26 by onehunglow

Have to say ,without appearing a brown noser ,that is exactly what makes me feel as Io.
I feel he is the very worst type of coach for us in that he is seeing himself as pre eminent ,proven by his grotesque proper club quip.
We don’t have nor will have the players to play as he dreams
We are in danger of him being a God figure to a some fans who will age gutted when he leaves ,as he will.

We have had good chances to get back to the Prem and we have had two coaches fail quite clearly

Do you honestly believe in this example that worshipping another human being is healthy ?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:20 - Apr 26 with 1092 viewsjacksfullaces

seems to be a regular exaggeration by those who are no fan of the manager that those who don't share that view in some way idolise him. I see very little evidence of the latter even when results are going well, but perhaps a high proportion of fans who simply watch football and hope for the best for the club they support. Having a personal angle on the manager, whether good or bad only occupies space on the margins of this debate.
If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 02:55 - Apr 27 with 1028 viewsDr_Parnassus

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:20 - Apr 26 by jacksfullaces

seems to be a regular exaggeration by those who are no fan of the manager that those who don't share that view in some way idolise him. I see very little evidence of the latter even when results are going well, but perhaps a high proportion of fans who simply watch football and hope for the best for the club they support. Having a personal angle on the manager, whether good or bad only occupies space on the margins of this debate.

I see it, in fact I’ve never encountered anything like it in football before, certainly not at Swansea.

I can’t think of another manager who could go on the bad runs he does, makes the kinds of decisions he does and comes across so badly in the media with regards to blaming players and owners while accepting no culpability in the heat of the moment… yet some won’t have a bad word said against him.

If he backs off his ideas because they aren’t working, instead of admitting the obvious they will try and make out that it was the plan all along. In their head they have created that he is some creative visionary and teacher, as opposed to a rookie manager who is really struggling to make a passing system successful due to fundamental errors he struggles to see.

If more people called it as it is, there would probably be more harmony in the fan base. At the moment it seems to be two opposites, those who adore pretty much all he does and those who are looking on in total bemusement by it, very few seem to think he’s just okay. These polar opposites are clashing.

And of course it’s become a bit of a game to some. We have some posters calling him all sorts last month and demanding his head, only to now pretend he is the best thing since Pep, all for the reactions.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:26 - Apr 27 with 990 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 22:20 - Apr 26 by jacksfullaces

Every manager in outer history has been “slagged off” to some degree but the defence of him was nothing compared with that which we see regarding Martin.
You can guarantee some sort of brickbats albeit now they are more subtle .
People were losing faith in him not that long ago ,now he is beautiful again.

I reckon many stay well away from any forum because of people s inability to simply exchange opinions.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:36 - Apr 27 with 980 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 21:00 - Apr 26 by KeithHaynes

Do you honestly believe in this example that worshipping another human being is healthy ?

Do you believe in magic ?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:40 - Apr 27 with 980 viewsguthrieintherain

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:26 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Every manager in outer history has been “slagged off” to some degree but the defence of him was nothing compared with that which we see regarding Martin.

I reckon many stay well away from any forum because of people s inability to simply exchange opinions.

No offence but it's really not that difficult to grasp.

If the team are playing poorly and regularly losing fans posters get fed up frustrated annoyed and criticise nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand if the team are winning playing well and on the up fans are happy and give credit as most want the team to do well.

That's how it should be but personal grudges dislikes make peoples views unbalanced and they come accross as bitter.

Some not many will not give credit no matter what, that is sad and it winds other posters up.

That's how I see things on here.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 7:41]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:55 - Apr 27 with 967 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:40 - Apr 27 by guthrieintherain

No offence but it's really not that difficult to grasp.

If the team are playing poorly and regularly losing fans posters get fed up frustrated annoyed and criticise nothing wrong with that.

On the other hand if the team are winning playing well and on the up fans are happy and give credit as most want the team to do well.

That's how it should be but personal grudges dislikes make peoples views unbalanced and they come accross as bitter.

Some not many will not give credit no matter what, that is sad and it winds other posters up.

That's how I see things on here.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 7:41]

None taken.
To me ,it’s also easy but not as you see it.
Frankly, I see much wailing and whinging when HE leaves, as he will.

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:04 - Apr 27 with 921 viewslifelong

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 07:26 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Maybe some people stay away from forums to prevent them from reading the repetitive, negative crap that posters like yourself have spouted out for the past 15 years?
If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:07 - Apr 27 with 918 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:04 - Apr 27 by lifelong

Maybe some people stay away from forums to prevent them from reading the repetitive, negative crap that posters like yourself have spouted out for the past 15 years?

Morning Rog.
Busy?

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:14 - Apr 27 with 917 viewslifelong

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:07 - Apr 27 by onehunglow

Morning Rog.
Busy?

Yes.
Preparing the boat ready to go on its mooring in Pembrokeshire next week, looking forward to next season having renewed my season ticket…you?
If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:30 - Apr 27 with 903 viewsonehunglow

If OHL and DR P Were Newcastle Supporters Today ... on 09:14 - Apr 27 by lifelong

Yes.
Preparing the boat ready to go on its mooring in Pembrokeshire next week, looking forward to next season having renewed my season ticket…you?

Up with dog at 06.30 ,as she is in season , to the beach whilst wifey stayed in bed .
Bluddy freezing although thousands of birds feeding on the shore watched by about 100 twitchers ,all with thermos flasks,sandwiches and huge camera lenses .

I remember Kev Birchgrove having a sizeable boat .

Not something for me though as they can sink

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024