Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clear the air meeting 23:05 - Apr 10 with 7493 views1JD

“We were in all day for real open talks about how we need to approach this.
“We had a little bit of a change in how we played”.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-reveals-clear-the-air-meeting-with

A clear change in style today, less aimless long balls, more passing. And quite clearly driven by the players. I hope it’s not too late
The clear the air meeting on 16:47 - Apr 11 with 1097 viewsE17hoop

The clear the air meeting on 16:23 - Apr 11 by terryb

As someone who hates his style of playing but feels that we must stay with him, I would say that your personal defence of him is equally wearing!

A better performance yesterday & a deserved point. BUT, at least wait until we play like that consistently before blowing your triumphant trumpet!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 16:28]

In a points vs performances debate, I'll take points all the time in our situation. When we have enough points and don't have to worry about relegation, then we can talk style of paly etc. For now, points matter more than anything and if that means we play unattractive football but stay up, I'll be happy.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The clear the air meeting on 16:54 - Apr 11 with 1046 viewsE15Hoop

The clear the air meeting on 16:23 - Apr 11 by terryb

As someone who hates his style of playing but feels that we must stay with him, I would say that your personal defence of him is equally wearing!

A better performance yesterday & a deserved point. BUT, at least wait until we play like that consistently before blowing your triumphant trumpet!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 16:28]

Fair enough, Terence.
I shall sit here and quietly smile to myself, when people start saying:"wow, Ainsworth has really surprised me with the quality of football we're playing.."
This in spite of the fact that he's repeatedly said that we need to get our ballplayers on the ball in areas where it can actually hurt teams.
All I'm saying is that certain people seem to have a set narrative that they want to keep hold of for some strange reason, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.
The clear the air meeting on 16:57 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Christ, I got pelters for my comment!

I think I'll just tow the party line and worship St Ainsworth in future. 😅
The clear the air meeting on 17:32 - Apr 11 with 948 viewsPinnerPaul

The clear the air meeting on 16:57 - Apr 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Christ, I got pelters for my comment!

I think I'll just tow the party line and worship St Ainsworth in future. 😅

There's a fair bit of middle ground between worshiping the bloke and saying the players have revolted & are picking the team/style of play!

Why in 2023 does everything have to be one extreme or the other!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024