Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next weekend matches doubtful 10:18 - Sep 11 with 11685 viewsPikey

With the largest gathering of world leaders in London ever seen next weekend the police are unlikely to have resources to police public events such as footie. Could all be off again next weekend
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:21 - Sep 12 with 1931 viewswestberksr

it was rather frustrating last Saturday driving to the gf's in Chiswick, past Hounslow FC to see the rugby crowds pouring in to watch London Irish.... whilst listening to the cricket commentary!

2 x 3pm home Saturday game possibly lost; both of which I was able to attend having only made 1 home game so far (predictably Blackpool!) from my ST 'investment'.

I get this week's game maybe biting the bullet as the policing and logistics of the funeral will make London chaos this weekend. Last weekend was ridiculous though; a minutes silence would have been a fitting tribute and no doubt observed immaculately as they usually are.

I accept there are more important things going on but the football authorities have cocked this right up
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:21 - Sep 12 with 1930 viewsdmm

I can't help but think this debacle is yet another argument for more supporter involvement in both club and at governance level. Any one of us could have pointed out the stupidity of postponing last weekend's matches.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:37 - Sep 12 with 1887 viewskensalriser

It's rank incompetence. I get the impression FA officials are still largely comprised of the traditional blazer wearing trough snufflers.

They weren't alone though - Hackney Council cancelled Hackney Carnival on Sunday, imagine how many people and small businesses and organisations etc were affected by that. Meanwhile the annual Queens Park Day went on as usual.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:53 - Sep 12 with 1803 viewsnix

FA reform: Former chiefs say 'elderly white men' block change

Not posting this to create a bun fight about men and women or promoting ethnic minorities. It's more the make up the FA being 92 out of 122 over 60 (in 2016 but I doubt it's changed substantially). I'm that age myself but I can't claim to be representative of younger people. There has to be more balance

Sorry the article didn't post. Anyone it was about how out of touch the FA is in terms of membership which is why Greg Dyke resigned as he couldn't push through change despite strenuous efforts.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 13:01]
Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:59 - Sep 12 with 1773 viewsQPR_Jim

Next weekend matches doubtful on 12:37 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

It's rank incompetence. I get the impression FA officials are still largely comprised of the traditional blazer wearing trough snufflers.

They weren't alone though - Hackney Council cancelled Hackney Carnival on Sunday, imagine how many people and small businesses and organisations etc were affected by that. Meanwhile the annual Queens Park Day went on as usual.

Yeah, I think the FA have screwed up and judging by some of the posts it looks like they're trying to pass the blame to Liverpool fans for it as well. I assume that most/all clubs will want to observe a minutes silence when the schedule restarts, so presumably Liverpool fans will still be able to boo if they want (not that I'm convinced they will).

So in any event they've not prevented anything, just postponed it.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 13:22 - Sep 12 with 1697 viewsBAWHoops

PSV have just said Thursday's game at Arsenal is off due to lack of Police

There's quite obviously no way Saturday will be going ahead

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:17 - Sep 12 with 1483 viewsQPRSteve

Here is a link to the makes up of the FA Council:

https://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/who-we-are/the-fa-council

Includes representatives for Independent English Schools, Oxford & Cambridge Universities, Army, Navy & Air Force. Must be still 1900.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 1424 viewsTheChef

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:17 - Sep 12 by QPRSteve

Includes representatives for Independent English Schools, Oxford & Cambridge Universities, Army, Navy & Air Force. Must be still 1900.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/sep/12/return-of-football-matches-update-2022120

"We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to everyone across our game for their support and understanding as we paid respect to our long-standing Patron of The Football Association, Queen Elizabeth II."

Clearly hard of hearing as well!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:48 - Sep 12 with 1353 viewstoboboly

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:30 - Sep 12 by TheChef

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/sep/12/return-of-football-matches-update-2022120

"We would like to express our thanks and gratitude to everyone across our game for their support and understanding as we paid respect to our long-standing Patron of The Football Association, Queen Elizabeth II."

Clearly hard of hearing as well!

That, to me, suggests the 92 is gonna be a case by case basis at best.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Next weekend matches doubtful on 15:08 - Sep 12 with 1299 viewsdmm

The offy says the Stoke game goes ahead but the link is broken to the actual page itself. What does this mean and why is the universe so cold and uncaring!

EDIT
It's fixed now
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-stoke-city-match-goes-ahead-120922/
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 15:40]
Next weekend matches doubtful on 15:18 - Sep 12 with 1226 viewstoboboly

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:48 - Sep 12 by toboboly

That, to me, suggests the 92 is gonna be a case by case basis at best.

Ha! Read that wrong!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Next weekend matches doubtful on 16:15 - Sep 12 with 1143 viewsPinnerPaul

Next weekend matches doubtful on 14:17 - Sep 12 by QPRSteve

Well I think you'll find all those institutions still exist today, along with all the counties. The FA can't micro manage football at a local level in this country - hence 'County FAs' and these you highlight, whilst obviously not counties do run football competitions.
Next weekend matches doubtful on 16:19 - Sep 12 with 1127 viewsozranger

Next weekend matches doubtful on 15:08 - Sep 12 by dmm

The offy says the Stoke game goes ahead but the link is broken to the actual page itself. What does this mean and why is the universe so cold and uncaring!

EDIT
It's fixed now
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-v-stoke-city-match-goes-ahead-120922/
[Post edited 12 Sep 2022 15:40]

Not 100% but nearly. While our site still goes to a 404 mgs for me, the Stoke site says the following:

Stoke City’s game against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on Saturday (kick-off 3pm) looks set to go ahead as planned.

QPR have today been in consultation with the Metropolitan Police and the Safety Advisory Group and have been assured there will be adequate resources to police the fixture.

QPR’s CEO Lee Hoos said: “Further to discussions this morning, we have been assured there will be adequate resources to police our home match with Stoke City.

“Naturally, this is subject to change if any unexpected emergencies arise in the coming days but we are fully anticipating the fixture taking place and are preparing on that basis.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024