Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 64993 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:10 - Aug 25 with 3636 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:32 - Aug 25 by barbicanranger

True, we'll see.

I hope there could be a further point from this transfer if we do get the sums being mentioned that will show other clubs that players coming out of QPR are worth more. For years I have felt like we have got short changed on players but producing someone of this caliber / price could potentially create a shift in the perceived value of players coming out of QPR.

If the sums being reported are true then hats off to the board for sticking to their guns. This shift in attitude is necessary if the new strategy of buy low, sell high is to work. Hopefully the Eze deal will signal a change in how other clubs view negotiating with QPR.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:11 - Aug 25 with 3626 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:30 - Aug 25 by FrankRightguard

Is it a crazy idea to try and get Wickham thrown into the deal?

Yes. We have Dykes so no need for Wickham.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:17 - Aug 25 with 3543 viewsHunterhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:01 - Aug 25 by simmo

Do you not think the club would have already put that offer on the table though - to bring him in-line with the top earners? Based on his original contract he's definitely below the top end, but the deal that we offered already has to be substantially more than that...

If we haven't already put that offer down to be close to or in-line with our current ceiling, I don't know what we're doing and we absolutely should now, it's a measured risk - if any - and it's very likely we'll make more of it back after another 12-24 months with us.

If I’m honest, Simmo, I doubt they have and rightly so. Without this money from Eze where is the cash to justify it.

All speculation, but from the bits here and there, and for the sake of discussion, I’ll assume £10k is our squad cap, but we have had players, the odd one or two either on loan or signed before that cap, who are on 20k. Most players, certainly those who only broke into the team in the last 18 months will be on substantially less than £10l. I’m sure I heard that Eze’s current contract was 6k a week. Given BOS’ age, when we signed him, I’ll assume he’s on around 6k too.

Off the back of a great few months Nov onwards, do I think will have offered to stick him up near that peak salary of 18-20k, especially with Leistner supposedly on that still around, with no deal yet for Eze? No, absolutely not. They’d be increasing salaries before obtaining the equivalent salary reduction of revenue from transfer fee. That doesn’t feel Hoos’ way. Remember BOS has only really been performing consistently for 6 months at this level, and back when contract extension discussions started, it was a few weeks!

I’m sure now they have the cash, they’ll consider it. £6k to £16k or £18k, making him our highest paid player assuming Leistner leaves. Remember they were also still considering whether to make something work with Hugill’s salary which would have been expensive.

Basically they couldn’t possibly, with all reason and pragmatism, have offered BOS what we can offer him now,
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:48 - Aug 25 with 3264 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sky now reporting deal agreed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/12056586/eberechi-eze-crystal-pala

I did enjoy this piece of analysis:

"Eberechi Eze is an important player for QPR - in a number of ways. Not only is he without question their most talented individual, he also signifies the results of the change in business philosophy at the west London club. No longer do they haemorrhage money on big names, they have put in place an environment for young talent to flourish."
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:48 - Aug 25 with 3263 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I'm sort of new to this transfer stuff (biggest transfer during my fandom was Austin and that was botched) but does a club willingness to work with a player during a sale have a factor in other players seeing that club in a positive light?

Like if Eze wanted Palace, we said no because of an extra 1.5 mil, does that reflect poorly on the club in other players' eyes?
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:49 - Aug 25 with 3260 viewsNorthantsHoop

If the deal for Eze is £19.5m with a good chunk of cash upfront then a good deal and Palace is an assured step up for him. So pleased got to see Eze regularly in a Hoops shirt in last 3 years and always liked his attitude. For a young player we took on after others dropped him, we have developed him into an outstanding player and our most successful sale in our history. This is by far the best sale we have done, other than Les Ferdinand, forget the Samba's and Remy's they were all significant buys in the first place. Good luck Ebere.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 20:50]
Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:59 - Aug 25 with 3158 viewsted_hendrix

Bet Millwall are pissed off they didn't hang on to him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:24 - Aug 25 with 2934 viewsDWQPR

It’s like seeing a good son/daughter leave home and get married. You’re pleased for them but equally you’re going to miss them. I just hope he does himself justice and that a move to a more suitable home is only a couple of years away, as long as it isn’t the filth. Shame a team like Leicester didn’t come in for him as I reckon he is a Rodgers type of player.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:30 - Aug 25 with 2864 viewsThGrimRanger

Great business, despite hating palace I hope he goes on to flourish in the premier league. Let's hope this is a change in fortune for our selling prowess. It's a shame that Manning and BOS appear to be running down their contracts because selling all 3 would have been the original plan. Suppose there's still time.

TheGrimRanger

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:31 - Aug 25 with 2859 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:24 - Aug 25 by DWQPR

It’s like seeing a good son/daughter leave home and get married. You’re pleased for them but equally you’re going to miss them. I just hope he does himself justice and that a move to a more suitable home is only a couple of years away, as long as it isn’t the filth. Shame a team like Leicester didn’t come in for him as I reckon he is a Rodgers type of player.

You also know that the partner isn't good enough for them.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:31 - Aug 25 with 2845 views2Thomas2Bowles

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:24 - Aug 25 by DWQPR

I think it's the wrong club.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:38 - Aug 25 with 2769 viewsMyke

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:31 - Aug 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think it's the wrong club.

Not sure I agree with you TB. If we all accept that Palace is another stepping stone to greater things, Eze could do a lot worse than work for such a respected coach as Hodgson. It's a decent price too for once, so he goes with our blessing albeit with a tinge of regret. I just hope we don't get held to ransom for some of our pursuits, when the word gets around that we are 'flush'
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:42 - Aug 25 with 2727 viewsdistortR

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:38 - Aug 25 by Myke

Not sure I agree with you TB. If we all accept that Palace is another stepping stone to greater things, Eze could do a lot worse than work for such a respected coach as Hodgson. It's a decent price too for once, so he goes with our blessing albeit with a tinge of regret. I just hope we don't get held to ransom for some of our pursuits, when the word gets around that we are 'flush'

hodgson is a coach like mcclaren, not the best move for Ebe imho.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:48 - Aug 25 with 2665 views08olesen

I think this is a great deal for Palace. Obviously the current economic situation has to be accounted for but 19 million for a 22 year old English player with no ceiling to his ability is good business IMO. Hoos and co. deserve credit for putting the club on a better financial footing but I hope we have a sell on fee included.

I just hope he goes on to be the success we all believe he can be. What a fantastic player to watch and by all accounts a top guy too. Hope he does well for them and we get a chance to see him play for England too. Good luck to him and well done to the Ramsey and co. for finding him!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:48 - Aug 25 with 2664 viewsdannyblue

Frustrating that all the clubs trying to sign our best player - Palace, Wham, Fulham - were all so far behind us in 2011. Add Leicester, Southampton, Brighton, Burnley, Wolves to that list. Brings home again how badly Tone screwed up that opportunity.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:49 - Aug 25 with 2648 viewsHooparoo

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:42 - Aug 25 by distortR

Hodgson is a well respected coach that has worked in Europe and with your national team. If Eze wants to learn he’ll do well there I think.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:50 - Aug 25 with 2629 viewsdistortR

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:49 - Aug 25 by Hooparoo

Hodgson is a well respected coach that has worked in Europe and with your national team. If Eze wants to learn he’ll do well there I think.

lol, so was mcclaren.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:53 - Aug 25 with 2596 viewsMyke

Not sure how you could possibly equate McClaren with an internationally respected and successful coach like Hodgson. In fact, I'm not sure how you could put them both in the same sentence
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:55 - Aug 25 with 2567 viewstraininvain

Hodgson’s a far more successful manager than McClaren. He’s well respected across Europe and I think it’s a good move for Eze.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:57 - Aug 25 with 2537 viewsdistortR

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:53 - Aug 25 by Myke

Not sure how you could possibly equate McClaren with an internationally respected and successful coach like Hodgson. In fact, I'm not sure how you could put them both in the same sentence

Hodgson plays a negative style of football and possibly won't utillise Ebe to the best of his abilities imho.

Hooparoo inadvertently explained why I can compare mcclaren to hodgson.

I'm off, pissed off enough tonight already.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 21:59]
Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:01 - Aug 25 with 2484 views2Thomas2Bowles

No problem with Hodgson but have you seen that shite kit they play in.
Came out of an eagles arse
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 22:04]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:03 - Aug 25 with 2456 viewsMyke

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:01 - Aug 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No problem with Hodgson but have you seen that shite kit they play in.
Came out of an eagles arse
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 22:04]

To be fair he is well used to wearing crap shirts with some of our away kits over the past couple of years
Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:16 - Aug 25 with 2354 viewstraininvain

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:57 - Aug 25 by distortR

Hodgson plays a negative style of football and possibly won't utillise Ebe to the best of his abilities imho.

Can’t be that negative if Zaha’s thrived under Hodgson and linked with £70m moves to bigger clubs.

I think it’s a decent move for Eze as he’ll have a good chance of getting minutes and Hodgson’s helped plenty of young players fulfil their potential.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:02 - Aug 25 with 2100 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eze is the player I've enjoyed the most since Les Ferdinand. And he's clearly a lovely fella. If this is conformed tomorrow, I'll be really sad. And I wish him all the best in the future off and on the pitch.

But he's also a man now with a close family and an agent. He'll be fine. As long as he doesn't go to the racists in SW6 then all I'm bothered about is Rangers.

Best of luck to him, but better luck to us. And thanks to all those at Rangers who found him, coached him, mentored him, developed him and - yes, sad to say - sold him.

We go again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:03 - Aug 25 with 2082 views100percent

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:57 - Aug 25 by distortR

Got to say I agree with Distort here. hodgson is a negative manager that goes out not to win, but to not lose. I think he was totally exposed at liverpool and was our second worst national manager behind taylor.
I can't see how hodgson is going to change the palace format to fit Eze in - sadly, I think he will stick him on the wing, which will be a total waste of Eze's talent.
I have a friend who is palarse sesaon ticket holder - he doesn't even think hodgson will play him as he doesn't give much youth an opportunity at selhurst, preferring to play the older, experienced players - especially defensive midfielders...
I truly hope Eze will go on to become an England international star, but I doubt that will happen with a differing old fool like hodgson....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024