Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 64994 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:24 - Aug 25 with 3432 viewsRangersDave

Maybe now dularce have come in big for Eze, then the bidding war will commence.... 30m anyone? lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:25 - Aug 25 with 3428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:22 - Aug 25 by QPR_John

But surely what we were prepared to accept for BOS was based on his contract. With a new contract things would be different

Ya, Bosh!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:30 - Aug 25 with 3358 viewsFrankRightguard

Is it a crazy idea to try and get Wickham thrown into the deal?
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:31 - Aug 25 with 3343 viewsHunterhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:24 - Aug 25 by RangersDave

Maybe now dularce have come in big for Eze, then the bidding war will commence.... 30m anyone? lol

That would be nice. A bit of a feeding frenzy to bump up the deal.

I mean it must be us who’s leaked this to the press for that purpose, perhaps making it look less guaranteed to tempt Fulham or West Brom or West Ham, etc.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:32 - Aug 25 with 3315 viewsGloucs_R

I can see BOS going on deadline day for £3m.

Nor sure about Manning. Honestly don't think he's a good enough defender to play in the premier League. If we get £1.5m from a championship club, I would take it.

Alternatively, push him up to wide left with Niko or Wallace behind him and give him a slight pay rise.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:34 - Aug 25 with 3289 viewsdenhamhoop2

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:05 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Fulham also now in for JUstice League title winner Ollie Watkins and Bournemouth's Callum Wilson according to Dave Mc.

Hmm Fulham don't seem to realise that the will have Odoh Reim Hector and Bryan at the back. Let's sign a forward who is on close to £100 k a week who is 28 and so will want 3 or 4 year deal. That along with the rumour of trying to sign Pique would suggest they learned little from last time
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:52 - Aug 25 with 3104 viewsHunterhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:34 - Aug 25 by denhamhoop2

Hmm Fulham don't seem to realise that the will have Odoh Reim Hector and Bryan at the back. Let's sign a forward who is on close to £100 k a week who is 28 and so will want 3 or 4 year deal. That along with the rumour of trying to sign Pique would suggest they learned little from last time

Excellent!
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:00 - Aug 25 with 3016 viewsrsonist

Messi announcing he wants to leave. Coincidence I think not.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:17 - Aug 25 with 2879 viewsSimplyNico

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:00 - Aug 25 by rsonist

Messi announcing he wants to leave. Coincidence I think not.

On Sky now - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/12056586/eberechi-eze-crystal-pala

Must be true
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:22 - Aug 25 with 2828 viewsrsonist

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:25 - Aug 25 with 2760 viewssimmo

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:07 - Aug 25 by Hunterhoop

It all depends on how much extra in salary is enough. If we can get BOS under contract for another 3 +years, at a salary that is obviously increased, but no more so than £10k extra per week, I would.

It’s an additional opex of £1.5m (c. £500k p.a.) but you’d hope/think that another season under his belt in the Championship, hopefully performing to a high standard, would mean we’d recoup multiple times that additional salary in additional transfer fee to the £4.7m offered now.

If someone said, sell Eze for £19m but get BOS under contract for another 3 years, as a joint thing, you’d bite their hand off. Sell BOS in 12 months for £10-15m (or promotion with him), and you’re creating the right cycle that encourages good, young players to join and the club progress sustainably.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 18:24]

I agree in principle, but it depends on what we've already offered tbh. If we've decided that a player at a certain level is worth x amount, let's say 15k as a matched top earner, should we then increase that to 20 or 25 and break our agreed structure because we have something in the coffers?

I think it'll take more consistent chunky transfer fees incoming before we can start expanding the wage ceilings.

If however we couldn't offer a top end (for us) offer because we needed the money for new signings, well now we could and should make that difference and put it on the table.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:30 - Aug 25 with 2697 viewsrsonist

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:32 - Aug 25 with 2670 viewsbarbicanranger

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:09 - Aug 25 by ted_hendrix

Brings a small problem to the table in that other clubs who know we have cash will be upping the cost of their players we are after.

We'll see.

True, we'll see.

I hope there could be a further point from this transfer if we do get the sums being mentioned that will show other clubs that players coming out of QPR are worth more. For years I have felt like we have got short changed on players but producing someone of this caliber / price could potentially create a shift in the perceived value of players coming out of QPR.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 2641 viewsDejR_vu

I think we’ll only know if this is a good deal or not at the end of the transfer window when we know what other players have gone for.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 2639 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:30 - Aug 25 by rsonist

I suppose home is where the heart is, but I reckon West Brom would be better for him.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:37 - Aug 25 with 2618 viewsMickS

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:35 - Aug 25 by CiderwithRsie

I suppose home is where the heart is, but I reckon West Brom would be better for him.

Shit. I’ll have to watch a few premiership matches next year.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:42 - Aug 25 with 2559 viewsHunterhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:25 - Aug 25 by simmo

I agree in principle, but it depends on what we've already offered tbh. If we've decided that a player at a certain level is worth x amount, let's say 15k as a matched top earner, should we then increase that to 20 or 25 and break our agreed structure because we have something in the coffers?

I think it'll take more consistent chunky transfer fees incoming before we can start expanding the wage ceilings.

If however we couldn't offer a top end (for us) offer because we needed the money for new signings, well now we could and should make that difference and put it on the table.

Agree. That’s why I said “it all depends” at the start of my post. I was working off an assumption of what’s he’s on today, which won’t be near the top of our salary bracket given it’s his original contract. I’m assuming £10k extra keeps him below or at top earner, and for that I’d do it. If that’s not enough, I agree, I wouldn’t stretch further.

Separately, whilst I love Eze, if WBA offered £16 + 5m, where he wants to go should come second to the extra £1.5m we’d get. I’d hope that indicates it’s £19.5m with Palace plus a sell on %.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:42 - Aug 25 with 2558 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:35 - Aug 25 by DejR_vu

I think we’ll only know if this is a good deal or not at the end of the transfer window when we know what other players have gone for.

I see what you mean, but if I sell my gaff for twice its true worth and spend it all on two tents and an igloo, then the first is still a great deal. It's only the subsequent deals I'd regret.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:43 - Aug 25 with 2539 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:42 - Aug 25 by Hunterhoop

Agree. That’s why I said “it all depends” at the start of my post. I was working off an assumption of what’s he’s on today, which won’t be near the top of our salary bracket given it’s his original contract. I’m assuming £10k extra keeps him below or at top earner, and for that I’d do it. If that’s not enough, I agree, I wouldn’t stretch further.

Separately, whilst I love Eze, if WBA offered £16 + 5m, where he wants to go should come second to the extra £1.5m we’d get. I’d hope that indicates it’s £19.5m with Palace plus a sell on %.

"Separately, whilst I love Eze, if WBA offered £16 + 5m, where he wants to go should come second to the extra £1.5m we’d get. I’d hope that indicates it’s £19.5m with Palace plus a sell on %."

Of course, we'll never know. But I hope you're right.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:46 - Aug 25 with 2495 viewsingeminate

That was my response too - cold hearted perhaps and nobody can force him to go to Wesy Brom, but push come to shove would have sacrificed a move to the prem because palace didn’t match West Brom’s bid? Hope we are calling the shots here.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 2400 viewsbosh67

It looks like a straight £19.5m bid from Palace. Good, that at least starts a possible race, much as it pains me to lose him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:59 - Aug 25 with 2373 viewsDejR_vu

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:42 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I see what you mean, but if I sell my gaff for twice its true worth and spend it all on two tents and an igloo, then the first is still a great deal. It's only the subsequent deals I'd regret.

I was thinking more along the lines of selling my house and my neighbour selling theirs a month later for 50% more. Could be less though, so have to roll the dice I guess.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:01 - Aug 25 with 2341 viewssimmo

Do you not think the club would have already put that offer on the table though - to bring him in-line with the top earners? Based on his original contract he's definitely below the top end, but the deal that we offered already has to be substantially more than that...

If we haven't already put that offer down to be close to or in-line with our current ceiling, I don't know what we're doing and we absolutely should now, it's a measured risk - if any - and it's very likely we'll make more of it back after another 12-24 months with us.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:08 - Aug 25 with 2270 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:01 - Aug 25 by simmo

Do you not think the club would have already put that offer on the table though - to bring him in-line with the top earners? Based on his original contract he's definitely below the top end, but the deal that we offered already has to be substantially more than that...

If we haven't already put that offer down to be close to or in-line with our current ceiling, I don't know what we're doing and we absolutely should now, it's a measured risk - if any - and it's very likely we'll make more of it back after another 12-24 months with us.

The noises from the Rangers employees on various podcasts over the lockdown was that BOS and Manning were offered substantial contracts, albeit by our standards. It might not be a short-term wages thing for them, it might be a long-term increase in stature, competition and overall earnings in a big contract post-transfer.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:09 - Aug 25 with 2268 viewsrsonist

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:43 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

"Separately, whilst I love Eze, if WBA offered £16 + 5m, where he wants to go should come second to the extra £1.5m we’d get. I’d hope that indicates it’s £19.5m with Palace plus a sell on %."

Of course, we'll never know. But I hope you're right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024